Reddit Users Raise $14,000 For Atlanta Mall Employee aka Robocop Who Tased Irate Mom

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
64 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
49 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
57 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #161
Jazzy Soul 27 heat pts27
space
space
$14,162 | Props total: 10 10
People are quick to label people as thugs and miscreants and what have you, without realizing that they could be contributing to the problem that they wish to see eradicated. What you are looking at in the video is a lost, desperate woman. She is ignorant, not well educated and probably poor. People in situations like that rarely have much to lose. Probably the only thing she has left is her pride. Who knows? It is infuriating to be treated with such disrespect, especially when you're not happy with your situation and even more especially when your perceived oppressor is someone who looks like you. Couple that fury with a lack of the ability to express herself effectively (which is due to lack of education, believe it or not) and you have a time bomb that's ready to go off at any time.

I'm not going to try to apologize for her actions, but maybe you people who criticize her for her behavior are angry about the wrong thing. Most of the black people in here consider themselves to be relatively intelligent. How about trying to get to the root of the issue, which spreads far and deep and is tangled and complicated. Well sure, it's easier to slap a label on her and turn a blind eye, and be happy that the somebody doing something about her is not you. But since when has the easy solution ever provided long term results? That's if you even consider this kind of brutality a solution.

Is she wrong for getting up in dude's face like that? Of course! I know people who act just like that; to police, judges and others in positions of "authority". Part of it can be blamed on the lack of education. I've stopped "hood" people from getting arrested before; I've witnessed the sheer "give no fu*ks" attitude some of them have, even with the threat of going to jail looming. The only reason a person acts like that is because they have nothing to lose. I know families whose ignorant mindset goes back at least 3 generations. Daughter is all messed up cause her mother was, and the mother is because, you guessed it, her mother is. If I bothered to look back further I'm sure the dysfunction goes back further than that.

So what are the root causes of the problem? Poverty, to be sure, is one. I don't care who you are, how smart you are, nobody likes being broke. Nobody likes to see their children wanting or needing things they can't provide. The fact is a lot of people are broke and they make do. Doesn't mean they aren't stressed out or depressed about it. They should probably talk to a professional, but oops, can't afford that! But I digress. Next cause, schools. Schools in the hood are some of the sh*ttiest places I have ever had the displeasure of setting foot in. Go to a public school in a well-to-do area and the difference is like night and day. So these kids are getting the bare minimum of education and development from their parents, and it isn't any better in the schools. So if they graduate, now they have a small chance of succeeding in college only if they don't get frustrated because they don't understand the material. And that's only if they graduate. A lot don't even do that. They think, like most people in this thread, that the short term solution is best. So they go sling dope on the corner or wherever cause they don't like seeing their mother unhappy. Or because they have a kid now. Kids don't wait for daddy to get hired before they get hungry or sick. It's an irrational thought process. But everyone here who knows how to think critically and rationally were taught to do so from somebody.

I'm not even going to go into how the people were corralled and dumped in housing projects with the drugs to follow. And of course the so called war on drugs followed that. It's a problem we are all aware of. People are now asking for solutions. Well, we need our own economy, not this flagging, failing one that ***** people have set up. We need black people to help educate each other. We need mental health services for people like the woman in the video. She is clearly not dealing with the stress of being broke very well. We need black teachers, doctors, economists, bankers. Preferably those who got out of the hood but still know subjectively what it is like there. We need defenders like the security guard to defend us against our common enemy, instead of defending our common enemy from his own people. In short, we need to stick together. If two heads are better than one, just think what 39 million heads can do. We need to be rid of the crab in a bucket mentality. The crabs wouldn't have to try and hold us back if the ones who get out turn around and lend a claw up, if you will. We need to fix the underlying problems of poverty, despondency and despair that plague our communities. In order to do that though we can't be divided. Division is a sure way to be conquered, especially when we have so many who are united against us.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now