Next Gen Consoles @ Launch ?

most viewed right now
 171
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
56 comments
@news
most viewed right now
 132
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 123
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
72 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 69
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
75 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

@ Launch Y or N
Yes 47 44.76%
No 43 40.95%
Undecided 15 14.29%
Voters: 105. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 02-01-2013, 03:30 PM         #1
6125 pageviews
91 comments


esneffoelgnairt 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Next Gen Consoles @ Launch ?
 

 
So I dont care what system youll be buying Im just curious who is planning on getting one at launch and why or why not.

Im passing at launch for a bunch of reasons, I think the price is going to be more than Im willing to spend, Im not convinced this consoles life cycle is complete yet, I dont think the launch lineups will be what I am looking for in gaming and I have a massive backlog of games for these consoles that Im still waiting to play and that grows by the week.

So yes or no and why

91 comments for "Next Gen Consoles @ Launch ?"

 5 years ago '04        #2
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
avatar space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4992 4992
I'm not sure...a couple factors depends on this...

Price is the main thing that factors into my decision if it's $350 or less then i'll probably jump on one at launch...anything more than that and I'll sit back and chill for a while... UNLESS GTA V is a launch game and the systems are the same price then i'll grab one with GTA V...
 02-01-2013, 03:40 PM         #3
esneffoelgnairt  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I didnt even think to add in the Backwards Compatibility issue, if I cant use my ENTIRE library of PS3 games on the next console then again Im out
 5 years ago '04        #4
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
avatar space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4992 4992
 esneffoelgnairt said:
I didnt even think to add in the Backwards Compatibility issue, if I cant use my ENTIRE library of PS3 games on the next console then again Im out
Yeah I forgot about that also...same here no matter what games are at launch or a price of them...if It's not BC then im out
 5 years ago '12        #5
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
avatar space
space
$69,768 | Props total: 22155 22155
I'll be getting the PS4 launch day because I always like to have the latest technology.
 5 years ago '07        #6
ShintaX 93 heat pts93
space
avatar space
space
$1,546 | Props total: 235 235
I wonder what xbox fan boys have plan for Feb 20??
 5 years ago '08        #7
el bundy 27 heat pts27
space
avatar space
space
$6,524 | Props total: 120 120
anyone that buys electronics the minute they release is not very smart. same dudes crying over rrod and ylod.
 5 years ago '10        #8
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
avatar space
space
$25,317 | Props total: 8298 8298
 el bundy said:
anyone that buys electronics the minute they release is not very smart. same dudes crying over rrod and ylod.
n*ggas can't afford warranty these days?

I'm copping PS4 at launch with that warranty. Waiting on the reveal by Sony.

Sounds dope from the rumor mill and that thread Jizzman dropped

We making money out here you heard
 5 years ago '04        #9
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$11,755 | Props total: 1572 1572
I always cop @ launch with warranty.....

for me I'm def leaning towards yes for atleast one of the new consoles I dont think price is gonna be over the $350-$400 range BC is a big issue for me too

Xbox first


Last edited by Ra-da-god; 02-01-2013 at 04:13 PM..
 5 years ago '10        #10
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
avatar space
space
$25,317 | Props total: 8298 8298
Yeah i want that backwards compatibility as well.

On the PS4 playing Black Ops 2 with the PS3 n*ggas

"Yo n*ggas I'm on the PS4 right now"
 5 years ago '08        #11
el bundy 27 heat pts27
space
avatar space
space
$6,524 | Props total: 120 120
 sm00vb0iiw0nder said:
n*ggas can't afford warranty these days?

I'm copping PS4 at launch with that warranty. Waiting on the reveal by Sony.

Sounds dope from the rumor mill and that thread Jizzman dropped

We making money out here you heard
ive never gotten a warraty, probably because ive been lucky enough to never need one for anything.
 5 years ago '12        #12
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
avatar space
space
$21,074 | Props total: 17397 17397
 Ra-da-god said:
I always cop @ launch with warranty.....

for me I'm def leaning towards yes for atleast one of the new consoles I dont think price is gonna be over the $350-$400 range BC is a big issue for me too

Xbox first
My n*gga....been considered myself a more serious gamer since I was a teen....and cause of my father and older brother+ my own efforts ive had every system since the SNES on Launch day....excluding the Saturn and Virtual boy of course lol...

So ill be getting em both + warranties as usual
 5 years ago '06        #13
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
Because you might not be able to play all last gen console games you wont buy a next gen console?

Well you won't be able to play ALL your ps3 games, you can't even play any ps2 games on your ps3 slim, and with that reasoning why did you even buy a ps3 slim since it's not fully BC...

Secondly, your PS3 Slim will fail before there's a price cut whether YLOD or Disc failure. If you care so much then keep your old console like I will be doing.

Anyways I'll be getting a launch PS4, and wait a little while for the 720 to see if there are early failure issues. PS3 will have a short lifespan once the PS4 rolls out, I cant imagine the porting issues with the Cell from next gen games and DLC.


Last edited by Soraci7; 02-01-2013 at 04:48 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #14
deziking 81 heat pts81
space
avatar space
space
$19,578 | Props total: 5251 5251
Yes failure rate will be even higher with the first year release possibly from both sony and Microsoft. No launch sate for me ill wait out the hassle.
 5 years ago '09        #15
Acid Rap 78 heat pts78
space
avatar space
space
$9,302 | Props total: 71 71
Yup. B\C has no bearing on my decision. I have multiple PS3 systems so I'm not going to cry over that. I'd like to preserve the PS4 for PS4 use anyways, and let the PS3 bear the brunt of the backlog I still have.
 02-01-2013, 04:48 PM         #16
Jackson High  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yup.

Xbox & PS4 with warranties at launch

If you love gaming I can't see why you wouldn't get both!
 5 years ago '05        #17
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
avatar space
space
$20,273 | Props total: 2464 2464
xbox at launch with the warranty, thats if i can get my hands on one that day.
 02-01-2013, 04:59 PM         #18
esneffoelgnairt  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Soraci7 said:
Because you might not be able to play all last gen console games you wont buy a next gen console?

Well you won't be able to play ALL your ps3 games, you can't even play any ps2 games on your ps3 slim, and with that reasoning why did you even buy a ps3 slim since it's not fully BC...

Secondly, your PS3 Slim will fail before there's a price cut whether YLOD or Disc failure. If you care so much then keep your old console like I will be doing.

Anyways I'll be getting a launch PS4, and wait a little while for the 720 to see if there are early failure issues. PS3 will have a short lifespan once the PS4 rolls out, I cant imagine the porting issues with the Cell from next gen games and DLC.
i didn't have half of what i have invested in ps3 in last gen so b/c for me was not an issue

i have thousands into this gen so yes its a factor for me.

my slim is mint, i have no worries about failure plus you know for a fact i hav 2 more ready to go at anytime
 5 years ago '05        #19
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
avatar space
space
$45,908 | Props total: 21063 21063
Abso-fu*kin-lutely.
 5 years ago '11        #20
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
Yep, already took out a loan.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 34
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
80 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 26
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
71 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 25
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
27 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 24
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 19
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
32 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 13
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
82 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 13
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
141 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 9
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
195 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy