Rudy Gay making debut TONIGHT!

most viewed right now
 68
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
53 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 46
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
12 comments
@news
most viewed right now
 41
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 36
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
60 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #61
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228 OP
space
avatar space
space
$22,257 | Props total: 2708 2708
 SmooveDude said:
Simple....he havin a off year we got taxed yesterday and everybody was doin exactly what people accused rudy of doin on defense (standin around) but he aint the scapegoat no more so now who they gonna blame?

Moneyball in the nba wont work which is why hollinger got fired immediately when he was a consultant for the spurs....but yall n*ggas will see....all these extra stats mean nothin....he havin a bad shootin year but his career percentages are respectable
 5 years ago '11        #62
maxnn 129 heat pts129
space
avatar space
space
$12,180 | Props total: 1034 1034
Stunna bursting these guys delusions by using stats

I got a few more. Gay is 17th in win shares among SF's, 27th in PER among SF's, 54th (out of 70) in TS%, 25th in fg% among SF's, 34th in 3p% among SF's. His per is actually below league average.

As to who is better, George and Deng are def better.


Last edited by maxnn; 02-01-2013 at 04:31 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #63
Rubix 
space
avatar space
space
$8,495 | Props total: 828 828
Lol @ "moneyball" in the NBA doesn't work when Sam presti does exactly just that. When the spurs use exactly just that. You either miss a shot or don't. You either let a man blow by you or force him to pass or miss a shot. Advanced stats come from what goes on in games. Most gms today have acknowledged how the use of synergy and advanced stats have helped them build teams in an era where the luxury tax is crippling. This is how small market teams like okc and the spurs can be successful. On the other hand, Bryan colangelo has been one of the only gms that had admitted that he doesn't use advanced metrics... It's no fu*ken wonder why he overpays for guys like Landry fields and bargnani and overlooks guys like Carl Landry or even jerryd Bayless.
 5 years ago '04        #64
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228 OP
space
avatar space
space
$22,257 | Props total: 2708 2708
 Rubix said:
Lol @ "moneyball" in the NBA doesn't work when Sam presti does exactly just that. When the spurs use exactly just that. You either miss a shot or don't. You either let a man blow by you or force him to pass or miss a shot. Advanced stats come from what goes on in games. Most gms today have acknowledged how the use of synergy and advanced stats have helped them build teams in an era where the luxury tax is crippling. This is how small market teams like okc and the spurs can be successful. On the other hand, Bryan colangelo has been one of the only gms that had admitted that he doesn't use advanced metrics... It's no fu*ken wonder why he overpays for guys like Landry fields and bargnani and overlooks guys like Carl Landry or even jerryd Bayless.
Easy to say when you inherit a Durant or Duncan...
 5 years ago '11        #65
maxnn 129 heat pts129
space
avatar space
space
$12,180 | Props total: 1034 1034
And you can claim moneyball doesn't work, but you will be ignoring the fact that the spurs use advanced metrics. So does Presti. Mark Cuban also uses them. But you keep on believing that.
 5 years ago '11        #66
Dray 1187 heat pts1187
space
avatar space
space
$59,340 | Props total: 25260 25260
Man memphis looked horrible last night

they had no pick and roll...matter of fact they WILL not have a pick and roll anymore..

they can't create they own shot (gay could)

they lack ATHLETICISM and size now when you watch them

Im starting to think BC (Toronto GM) might be on to something with memphis

the fu*k was wannabe superstar bayless doing on this play


[video - click to view]

 5 years ago '12        #67
moth818 29 heat pts29
space
avatar space
space
$9,016 | Props total: 2754 2754
 SickBlitz said:
just threw a 100 down on raptors +4.

hopefully my boy balls tonight
SMART MAN

chris paul and matt barnes is out
 5 years ago '05        #68
Rubix 
space
avatar space
space
$8,495 | Props total: 828 828
 Russ369 said:
Easy to say when you inherit a Durant or Duncan...
They use it to draft. Kawhi Leonard, harden, Westbrook..they use it to add role players like sefolosha, Kevin Martin, etc. players who don't demand high salaries and/or don't cripple their franchise with bad production and poor contracts. A team like Toronto can't afford to be pressed up against the cap. We just don't generate money like the Knicks and lakers to suck year in and out while having high payrolls. But whatever, u can be ignorant to the fact if u choose to but colangelo has made many many fu*ked up moves by using the same type of thinking you are. I personally would like my GM to be more diligent.
 02-01-2013, 04:24 PM         #69
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 maxnn said:
And you can claim moneyball doesn't work, but you will be ignoring the fact that the spurs use advanced metrics. So does Presti. Mark Cuban also uses them. But you keep on believing that.
Presti got durant, westbrook, perkins and ibaka while 1 is arguably the best in the game

Spurs having david robinson, tim duncan, tony parker, ginobili and bruce bowens aint playin moneyball....

Cuban had 1 good season and I have no idea how that happened but they also lost to a 8seed
 5 years ago '11        #70
Dray 1187 heat pts1187
space
avatar space
space
$59,340 | Props total: 25260 25260
Gotta be the best week of LOWRY'S life right now...no more thinking about calderon taking his minutes
 5 years ago '12        #71
AceBoogie 45 heat pts45
space
avatar space
space
$6,201 | Props total: 59 59
im still on the fence with this trade. hopefuly rudy proves me wrong
 5 years ago '04        #72
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
avatar space
space
$55,764 | Props total: 13148 13148
 maxnn said:
Stunna bursting his these guys delusions by using stats

I got a few more. Gay is 17th in win shares among SF's, 27th in PER among SF's, 54th (out of 70) in TS%, 25th in fg% among SF's, 34th in 3p% among SF's. His per is actually below league average.

As to who is better, George and Deng are def better.
russ didn't have a response
 5 years ago '04        #73
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228 OP
space
avatar space
space
$22,257 | Props total: 2708 2708
He's having an off year... We'll see f*ggots
 5 years ago '04        #74
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
avatar space
space
$55,764 | Props total: 13148 13148
 Russ369 said:
He's having an off year... We'll see f*ggots
good response
 5 years ago '11        #75
maxnn 129 heat pts129
space
avatar space
space
$12,180 | Props total: 1034 1034
Off year you say? OK, let's look at his career. His career PER is a tiny bit above average.

His teams don't get any worse with him off the court



and the fact that the Grizzlies went to game 7 of the second round as an 8 seed without him, and never made it out of the 1st round (despite having homecourt in the 1st round last year) with him.

You are acting like he makes a huge impact on your team, and the facts (both this year and for his career) say he doesn't.
 5 years ago '04        #76
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228 OP
space
avatar space
space
$22,257 | Props total: 2708 2708
 StuNNa said:
good response
Compared to other years, yea he is...

And the circumstances are different, look at the season when Gasol was traded, before zbo and Marc Gasol changed the system... He played well.
 02-01-2013, 04:42 PM         #77
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 maxnn said:
Off year you say? OK, let's look at his career. His career PER is a tiny bit above average.

His teams don't get any worse with him off the court



and the fact that the Grizzlies went to game 7 of the second round as an 8 seed without him, and never made it out of the 1st round (despite having homecourt in the 1st round last year) with him.

You are acting like he makes a huge impact on your team, and the facts (both this year and for his career) say he doesn't.
Could last years clippers team beat the spurs with ginobili out in 7?
 5 years ago '04        #78
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
avatar space
space
$55,764 | Props total: 13148 13148
 maxnn said:
Off year you say? OK, let's look at his career. His career PER is a tiny bit above average.

His teams don't get any worse with him off the court



and the fact that the Grizzlies went to game 7 of the second round as an 8 seed without him, and never made it out of the 1st round (despite having homecourt in the 1st round last year) with him.

You are acting like he makes a huge impact on your team, and the facts (both this year and for his career) say he doesn't.


Rudy Gay gonna get his 25 PPG and the Raps are never gonna reach the playoffs. If thats what makes you happy russ then more power to you
 5 years ago '11        #79
Loso Luciano24 227 heat pts227
space
avatar space
space
$14,486 | Props total: 8380 8380
Why is only knicks fans hating on GAY?

Gay is the 4th best SF in the game. 5+ Years avg. 19 a game?

n*ggaz just hate for no apparent reason.


 5 years ago '10        #80
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
avatar space
space
$30,735 | Props total: 19636 19636
@ this thread. Raptors got robbed. BC needs to get his head chopped.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 22
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 14
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 14
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
106 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 14
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
46 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 8
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
113 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 6
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 5
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
124 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 5
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
186 comments
1 day ago
@news
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy