Boxer Omar Henry dies at 25, not long after writing he hoped to live to his 26th birthday on Feb. 8

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
139 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
34 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-01-2013, 01:08 PM         #1
5432 pageviews
55 comments

s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Boxer Omar Henry dies at 25, not long after writing he hoped to live to his 26th birthday on Feb. 8

[pic - click to view]

By Kevin Iole | Boxing – 3 hours ago

Boxer Omar Henry died Friday at 25 (Photo courtesy of Omar Henry Facebook Fan Page)Boxer Omar Henry craved the spotlight and hoped one day to become the undisputed super welterweight champion.

Sadly, though, Henry only became a star in death, when he died at 25 Friday in a Chicago hospital following a short f!ght with gall bladder cancer.

Henry, who was 12-0-1, was supposed to f!ght on Showtime on Nov. 16. But he didn't feel well a few days before the f!ght, went to see his doctor and was diagnosed with Stage 4 gall bladder cancer.

He posted a series of heart-wrenching messages on his Facebook fan page in which he pleaded for prayers and support. Perhaps the most tragic was his Jan. 9 post, when he said he hoped to live to celebrate his 26th birthday on Feb. 8.

Sadly, he fell a week short of that goal.

I got exactly less than 1 month left until my 26th birthday February 8. Hopefully I live to see it. I really have been getting a lot of support with kind words and prayers from all over the world with this battle with cancer. Thank you and I will continue to f!ght for us!!!!

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Omar Henry (L) and Floyd Mayweather Jr. in September (Henry Facebook Page)

After being diagnosed, Henry also did a series of interviews with reporters from boxing websites in which he expressed optimism that he would survive the deadly diagnosis.

In an interview with f!ghtHype published on Dec. 12, Henry said he felt blessed but was struggling to think of the future.

As of right now, I got a lot of mixed feelings. Overall, I feel blessed. I'm living right now, but I've been taking it one day at a time because it makes my head hurt and body ache thinking too far ahead.

[pic - click to view]

In that same interview, he spoke of the odd twist of fate, of reaching a major career goal and then shortly thereafter learning he had only weeks to live.

I will find out tomorrow if I'm free of cancer or if I won't be here to see 2013. That's what they told me. Life and death has never come so close, especially since I was so close to the top and being close to the top of my career. I was about to headline Showtime at 25 years old, in the prime of my career. Now, I could literally be dead tomorrow, and this is the scariest thing I can think of. God has a purpose and we can't question God.

[pic - click to view]

Henry posted on Facebook on Sunday and vowed to continue to f!ght for his life and thanked fans for their support during his battle.

To all my friends and loyal fans I want to inform you all that I am f!ghting the f!ght of my life against a disease known as gallbladder cancer. While lm in this current state I am f!ghting with my family by my side and I will not go down for the count. I am a champion who has chosen to f!ght not just for myself but for those who's faith is believing in what u cant see, and i will continue to f!ght!!!!!and f!ght!!!!!and f!ght!!!!!till I knock this sickness out. Your love and support mean the most to me, your prayers are prayers not only to me but to others like me. Please be advised l am grateful for any and all support in any kind of way please inbox me. My family has continued to be by my side, and its hard for them as well. I want to thank God for unconditional love and unconditional fans.

[pic - click to view]

Henry's passing is a tragic and heart-breaking story that highlights the fragility of life. His family can be proud of the way he handled his fate and became an inspiration to others.

[pic - click to view]

Boxer Omar Henry dies at 25, not long after writing he hoped to live to his 26th birthday on Feb. 8 | Boxing Experts Blog - Yahoo! Sports

55 comments for "Boxer Omar Henry dies at 25, not long after writing he hoped to live to his 26th birthday on Feb. 8"

5 years ago '06        #2
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,970 | Props total: 10618 10618
Damn rip
 02-01-2013, 05:22 PM         #3
DrX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
rip............omar

so sad.....we was born the same year
 5 years ago '12        #4
SE Texas713 1 heat pts
space
space
$466 | Props total: 236 236
RIP sad story
 02-01-2013, 05:28 PM         #5
LaRy BLanco  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
R.I.P. man
 5 years ago '10        #6
StillScrappy 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,942 | Props total: 79 79
Rip to that man
 5 years ago '08        #7
GoldBluded 536 heat pts536
space
space
$17,858 | Props total: 22563 22563
fu*k cancer rip
 5 years ago '11        #8
whouthinkitis 18 heat pts18
space
space
$8,856 | Props total: 1454 1454
A very sad story to read and it's sad that he had to go through cancer while trying to accomplish his dream. Life is just too short. R.I.P.
 5 years ago '04        #9
nwo504 31 heat pts31
space
space
$13,039 | Props total: 6774 6774
r.i.p.
 5 years ago '05        #10
darquecinnamon 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$15,348 | Props total: 152 152
Rip...
 02-01-2013, 05:52 PM         #11
factorx3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
rip omar
 02-01-2013, 05:55 PM         #12
Lex Lossis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
RIP. so sad man. I can't imagine "knowing" I'm gonna pass soon...fu*k man. fu*k.

already stage 4 when diagnosed!!! what are the symptoms? any way to prevent this sh*t?
 02-01-2013, 05:55 PM         #13
Hurricane24  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sad to read, rip
 5 years ago '05        #14
Grown Man Ish 97 heat pts97
space
space
space
$14,105 | Props total: 234 234
atleast he lived long enough to look over 30
 5 years ago '06        #15
Yung Dilla 1478 heat pts1478
space
space
$54,867 | Props total: 25631 25631
Wow man""
 02-01-2013, 06:07 PM         #16
Drone  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
RIP. Very sad news.
 5 years ago '07        #17
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,830 | Props total: 4807 4807
damn,seems like people are gettin cancer younger and younger
 5 years ago '06        #18
Game375 48 heat pts48
space
space
$13,523 | Props total: 949 949
RIP
 5 years ago '10        #19
SpacelyPockets 11 heat pts11
space
space
$1,808 | Props total: 404 404
wow r.i.p he was just sparring with mayweather not to long ago...wish his family the best
 5 years ago '07        #20
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,191 | Props total: 15010 15010
RIP

I'm the same age as he was

makes you think about how short life can be
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
73 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
161 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
57 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
71 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
73 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
116 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy