Master P Says He Tried To Sign Tupac To No Limit Records

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
200 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
142 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
247 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
88 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #61
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 194 194
Its obvious that P and C bit Tupac's style to no end. What made the label so hot was them scooping up so much talent at once(Beats by the Pound, Mac, Mystikal, Mia X, Bleed, Kane & Abel, Snoop, etc.). To go back to your hometown and do that on the scale they did is rare.
 02-02-2013, 05:14 AM         #62
SOCIALITE  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I mean he did sign Snoop so it's not really that far fetched. This is obviously before Pac made his larger than life run and became widely accepted as the best rapper ever. No Limit was ground breaking, I don't see any rapper not already riding a huge wave of their own turning down a chance to be with No Limit. For 1 P had the fu*king sh*ttiest dudes selling a million copies. Secondly you KNEW you would come out. Unlike most labels P put out everybody he had. They also would be guaranteed in house features and beats. Beat By The Pound were the best in the game at that point and everybody was selling at least a gold album, so who would turn the the chance to be on two gold albums every month? Right now people remember No Limit as laughing stocks of the rap game, but at the time nobody seen it that way. Master has two widely accepted classic albums and a group album as a classic. They broke records for sales and changed the game. Lie and say P wasn't that n*gga and No Limit wasn't bumping out of every car during their run.
 5 years ago '12        #63
Cantgetright 1 heat pts
space
space
$381 | Props total: 80 80
 TrueWest_1 said:
again, they never hung out or had any kind of relationship. If he did open for DR (which i doubt) when was that?

I remember hearing P tried to Pay to get on a song with Pac thru e-40. thats as close as he got to ever working with him.

It's pretty well known Pac and Master P had no type of relationship whatsoever
I remember the BET special he's talking about. It came out around the time his Only God can judge me album dropped. I remember because P said something about Pac asking him what's up with the whole "uhhh" thing.

Also lets not forget about the classic "homie & thugs"

Last edited by Cantgetright; 02-02-2013 at 05:18 AM..
 5 years ago '08        #64
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,763 | Props total: 12237 12237
 s7venwords said:
Yep, that is where the theory that Suge had Pac k!lled cause he was gonna leave DR for sure. Pac talked about doing that One Nation album right before his death.
I was in Atlanta for Christmas this past December visiting my Pop...my homie that grew up 5 houses from me back home runs the 2Pac Foundation in the A....he was hired by Pac's Mom directly....

I asked him 2 questions straight up.

1. did he think Suge had Pac k!lled
2. since Afeni hired him directly has she ever said anything

The answer was no and nothing

I got the feeling he was holding back tho...and that's my man 50 grand. He did tell me when Pac signed to DR he made sure part of the deal was for him and his mom to have a house built in Atlanta which is why the 2Pac Foundation is in Atlanta. He also told me a few other things I wouldn't have known---none of the n*ggas Pac chilled wit has ever given money to help out the Foundation....Suge and Afeni had a heated convo in his office soon after he was hired...and Dr. Dre. paid $100,000 racks to the foundation but only so he could use the Pac Hologram.

Oh yea people call his office saying Pac spoke to him in their dreams and they also show up overnight and just sleep under the Pac statue
 5 years ago '05        #65
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$17,694 | Props total: 8 8
A track with Pac & Mac would have been

Throw a crazy a.ss Mystikal verse in that bi*ch too
 5 years ago '12        #66
Trelli3Matrix 
space
space
$10,722 | Props total: 5697 5697
 cankstoochie said:
pac and p have met before... back in the year 2000 BET did a special on master p, i don't know if the special was "how im living" or just a special program about P but i remember distinctively hearing P say that he opened for 2pac and deathrow when he went on tour with them and they was trying to make no limit carry they bags and just treating them like sh*t and P wasnt having that sh*t. he was like fu*k naw we ain't doing that, we rappers just like you.

if anybody knows P personally on this website ask him and he'll tell you the same thing. i remember P saying that because that was the only thing that stuck out in that interview. if anybody could get in contact with him like montreality or forbesdvd ask him that sh*t. 100% fact.

and i don't believe pac wanted to or would have signed with no limit but I DO BELIEVE that pac would have done songs with P. hell everybody has done songs with P from bone, destiny childs, ice cube, montell jordan and snoop doggy dogg.

Lmfao did u really just call him snoop doggy dogg? That's like callin dippy puff daddy lol
 02-02-2013, 08:48 AM         #67
Nasty Neighbor  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how could suge have pac k!lled if he's still alive
 5 years ago '12        #68
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,762 | Props total: 22144 22144
 Bedewe22 said:
Yeah, he would've been raping hoes with Mystikal and shootin at n*ggas with Soulja Slim and C-murder.

5 years ago '12        #69
Trelli3Matrix 
space
space
$10,722 | Props total: 5697 5697
 SOCIALITE said:
I mean he did sign Snoop so it's not really that far fetched. This is obviously before Pac made his larger than life run and became widely accepted as the best rapper ever. No Limit was ground breaking, I don't see any rapper not already riding a huge wave of their own turning down a chance to be with No Limit. For 1 P had the fu*king sh*ttiest dudes selling a million copies. Secondly you KNEW you would come out. Unlike most labels P put out everybody he had. They also would be guaranteed in house features and beats. Beat By The Pound were the best in the game at that point and everybody was selling at least a gold album, so who would turn the the chance to be on two gold albums every month? Right now people remember No Limit as laughing stocks of the rap game, but at the time nobody seen it that way. Master has two widely accepted classic albums and a group album as a classic. They broke records for sales and changed the game. Lie and say P wasn't that n*gga and No Limit wasn't bumping out of every car during their run.
But anyone during their run wil get play in the car. That happens to any hot artist. Bone did, 50 did, pastor troy did etc. The thing is, who u kno riding round to silkk da shocker now? Pac has everlasting appeal that never ever ever ever ever gets old. That's what u call classic. They broke records when there was no piracy. So yea, ur last sentence is a given. Cuz every artist got play during their run...remember g unit? Ludacris? Lil Jon? bet u wouldn't b caught dead bumpin kings of crunk or ying yang twinz in 2013.
 02-02-2013, 09:47 AM         #70
bigsyke19  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
maybe but i doubt it was serious

he was planning his own record label called euphanasia........
 5 years ago '07        #71
Avon_Barksdale 4343 heat pts4343
space
space
$42,466 | Props total: 55982 55982

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #72
Kadroan 103 heat pts103
space
space
$33,477 | Props total: 6416 6416
that would have been an interesting squad, especially Snoop eventually joining
 5 years ago '07        #73
cankstoochie 48 heat pts48
space
space
$16,586 | Props total: 1051 1051
 Trelli3Matrix said:
Lmfao did u really just call him snoop doggy dogg? That's like callin dippy puff daddy lol
Thats their names
 5 years ago '05        #74
ghost213 31 heat pts31
space
space
$2,520 | Props total: 745 745
 nonzero said:
The irony of biting someones whole track and then having the nuts to say "Am I wrong n*ggas making songs/Trying to sound like us" just takes this pastiche to a whole nother level.

C murder should have changed his name to E murder.

E being short for Ears. Namely mine.
Wow I never did hear this song, yeah put P and them were trying to be like Pac, this Pac song was unreleashed when they releashed that track so not many would have even known it was Pacs.

From what I can rememeber I never saw P until atleast a year after pac died
 5 years ago '04        #75
Bossalinie 
space
space
$4,756 | Props total: 41 41
i still think that pac woulda moved to no limit with snoop.. mc eiht was another dude who was almost on no limit back in the day but he ended up staying out west with mack 10
 02-02-2013, 01:41 PM         #76
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bossalinie said:
i still think that pac woulda moved to no limit with snoop.. mc eiht was another dude who was almost on no limit back in the day but he ended up staying out west with mack 10
Any source to the Mc Eiht comment ? I know he had a track on WCBB vol.2

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #77
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
no limit wasn't big enough to sign pac when he was living
 5 years ago '07        #78
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 194 194
In 1996, you could tell NL was making waves. Bout It Bout It and Ice Cream Man were hits and TRU were making a lil noise by then. Down South Hustlers managed to make it to #13 on the Hip Hop releases in 1995. He already had an underground rep in Cali. He also signed Mystikal, who was probably one of the biggest Southern solo acts out at the time.
 02-02-2013, 04:45 PM         #79
Nasty Neighbor  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
tupac's no limit album covers>>>>>>>>
6Fraud gave props

5 years ago '07        #80
MiseryCityTexas 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$20,601 | Props total: 4206 4206
P is probably lying about some of this. Pac prolly told P that he was feeling that song I'm bout it, but I bet he also told P hell fu*king no I'm not signing with No limit. No Limit only put out regional hits when pac was in his absolute prime,
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
61 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
55 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
71 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
44 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
144 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
79 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
191 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy