Master P Says He Tried To Sign Tupac To No Limit Records

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
163 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
99 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-01-2013, 12:24 PM         #1
13698 pageviews
108 comments

s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Master P Says He Tried To Sign Tupac To No Limit Records

Exclusive: Master P reveals to HipHopDX that he attempted to make Tupac a No Limit soldier.

[pic - click to view]

by Paul W Arnold
posted February 01, 2013 at 12:34PM EST | 5 comments

Arguably the greatest hustler in Hip Hop history, Master P revealed to HipHopDX yesterday (January 31st) that, had it happened, his most impressive score would have been adding the legendary Tupac Shakur to his once mighty No Limit Records roster.

“To be honest wit’chu, at one time, I was thinking about signing Tupac,” replied P when asked by DX if there were any other big-name free agents, in addition to Snoop Dogg, that The Colonel tried to bring over to Hip Hop’s most successful label of the 1990s.

According to Master P, he attempted to sign the Oakland-based Tupac several years before No Limit’s commercial explosion, when the label had yet to center its operations in P’s native New Orleans, Louisiana and was still headquartered in Richmond, California as one of several up-and-coming Bay Area independent labels.

“[Tupac] was liking the movement of what we was doing,” explained P, “but we wasn’t fully there yet. … That was one little piece that I was looking at like, ‘You know what? This could be alright.’”

While there is no known video footage or photos of Master P and Tupac together, the head honcho of the rechristened No Limit Forever label revealed that he and his currently incarcerated brother C-murder were once opening acts for the future icon of Reality Rap, and additionally confirmed to DX that he subsequently spoke to Tupac directly regarding Interscope Records’ then biggest Hip Hop signee possibly joining “the tank.”

“Everybody was interested in No Limit,” replied P when asked if ‘Pac personally expressed interest in enlisting as a No Limit soldier. “I don’t think there was one person in the music business that wasn’t interested in being a part of that movement.”

Stay tuned to HipHopDX for Master P’s full feature interview, in which The Colonel explains the stray shots at dress-wearing, skateboard-riding youth culture included on his just-released Al Capone mixtape, his parental relationship to Chief Keef and why he “can’t change” who he is and was forced to abandon his attempt at curse-free, positive Rap. The man who was once responsible for over 75 million albums sold also revisits No Limit Records' past – including if P’s hoop dreams destroyed the tank, why he refused to negotiate with Beats By The Pound and what the real origins of “Bout It” are, contrary to Mannie Fresh’s version of events.

[pic - click to view]

Master P Says He Tried To Sign Tupac To No Limit Records | Get The Latest Hip Hop News, Rap News & Hip Hop Album Sales | HipHop DX

108 comments for "Master P Says He Tried To Sign Tupac To No Limit Records"

02-01-2013, 12:26 PM         #2
Nasty Neighbor  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

no limit with pac, slim, mac, c-murder, and mystikal>>>>>

Last edited by Nasty Neighbor; 02-01-2013 at 12:29 PM..
 5 years ago '06        #3
Mintz 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,216 | Props total: 753 753
prob would've been alive still. i would a.ssume he would've been around a more professional environment with better company
 5 years ago '04        #4
Bedewe22 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,398 | Props total: 106 106
 Mintz said:
prob would've been alive still. i would a.ssume he would've been around a more professional environment with better company
Yeah, he would've been raping hoes with Mystikal and shootin at n*ggas with Soulja Slim and C-murder.

02-01-2013, 12:36 PM         #5
Phillipmcd  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 s7venwords said:
“[Tupac] was liking the movement of what we was doing,” explained P, “but we wasn’t fully there yet. … That was one little piece that I was looking at like, ‘You know what? This could be alright.’”

Replied P when asked if ‘Pac personally expressed interest in enlisting as a No Limit soldier. “I don’t think there was one person in the music business that wasn’t interested in being a part of that movement.”
Ok...
 5 years ago '07        #6
cankstoochie 48 heat pts48
space
space
$16,575 | Props total: 1045 1045
No limit went on tour with death row back in 96. And 2pac and death row were treating them like sh*t. Trying to make them carry there bags and sh*t. If i could find that interview on youtube i would upload it. This was back in 2000 when he did a special interview with BET.
 5 years ago '08        #7
Keith504 42 heat pts42
space
space
$3,332 | Props total: 19 19
Dayummm son Pac, Mac, Soulja Slim, and C murder on a track together>>>>
 5 years ago '06        #8
Mintz 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,216 | Props total: 753 753
 Bedewe22 said:
Yeah, he would've been raping hoes with Mystikal and shootin at n*ggas with Soulja Slim and C-murder.

touch'e
 02-01-2013, 12:48 PM         #9
Nasty Neighbor  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 cankstoochie said:
No limit went on tour with death row back in 96. And 2pac and death row were treating them like sh*t. Trying to make them carry there bags and sh*t. If i could find that interview on youtube i would upload it. This was back in 2000 when he did a special interview with BET.

c-murder would have smacked one of them death row n*ggas
 5 years ago '13        #10
HipHopFactz 436 heat pts436
space
space
$31,046 | Props total: 38326 38326
Pac was going to leave DR by the end of 1997, he would have been a free agent, i dont think he would have signed to anyone after that because of his experience being signed to DR. Pac already had his own imprint and publishing company, away from DR.

Although i think Pac would have rolled with P, cuz P was Pacs biggest stan, ask e40 and CBo, dude was beggin them to hook him up with Pac in 95, so i am sure he did meet him. Pac always showed luv to anyone fu*kin with the Bay and he luved dudes with independent hustles...

Once Pac wud have left DR, he wud need protection from Suge, i dont think it wud be safe for him to be on the west, so he wud have gone to the South, he was already spending most of his tme in ATL.

Jimmy I wud have given the same deal he gave to Dre. Makaveli records wud have been one of the rawest labels ever, with Pacs work ethic u know everyone wud be forced to work.

Last edited by HipHopFactz; 02-01-2013 at 12:52 PM..
 02-01-2013, 12:54 PM         #11
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HipHopFactz said:
Pac was going to leave DR by the end of 1997, he would have been a free agent, i dont think he would have signed to anyone after that because of his experience being signed to DR. Pac already had his own imprint and publishing company, away from DR.

Although i think Pac would have rolled with P, cuz P was Pacs biggest stan, ask e40 and CBo, dude was beggin them to hook him up with Pac in 95, so i am sure he did meet him. Pac always showed luv to anyone fu*kin with the Bay and he luved dudes with independent hustles...

Once Pac wud have left DR, he wud need protection from Suge, i dont think it wud be safe for him to be on the west, so he wud have gone to the South, he was already spending most of his tme in ATL.

Jimmy I wud have given the same deal he gave to Dre. Makaveli records wud have been one of the rawest labels ever, with Pacs work ethic u know everyone wud be forced to work.
Yep, that is where the theory that Suge had Pac k!lled cause he was gonna leave DR for sure. Pac talked about doing that One Nation album right before his death.
 02-01-2013, 12:57 PM         #12
Nasty Neighbor  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
and p just as shady as suge except p was really and truly a 2pac fan
 5 years ago '04        #13
King Capo 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,954 | Props total: 1166 1166
 Kizzle504 said:
Dayummm son Pac, Mac, Soulja Slim, and C murder on a track together>>>>
Now thats a elite squad
 02-01-2013, 01:09 PM         #14
Nasty Neighbor  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Im Soo Special said:
and he woulda got bodied
 02-01-2013, 01:12 PM         #15
Mwana Ya Lola  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Im Soo Special said:
and he woulda got bodied
 5 years ago '13        #16
HipHopFactz 436 heat pts436
space
space
$31,046 | Props total: 38326 38326
 s7venwords said:
Yep, that is where the theory that Suge had Pac k!lled cause he was gonna leave DR for sure. Pac talked about doing that One Nation album right before his death.
I understand the theory, but Suge didnt know Pac was wanting to leave DR, hell Pac never knew he wanted to leave DR

Pac however was about to uncover some serious foul sh*t after he fired his (DR lawyer) David Kenner, thats when sh*t between Pac and Suge wud have hit the fan. Although Suge might have played it differently and tried to blame Kenner and play innocent...

Suge however didnt have Pac k!lled, you don't sit in a car while 14 random shots are pumped in to the side of ur car..The chances of you ctaching a stray are high.

Also dude shooting had a terrible aim, he riddled the car with bulliets but only caught Pac with 3.

If Suge wanted Pac dead he cud do it anywhere without a single witness and him not being there...
 02-01-2013, 01:15 PM         #17
Nasty Neighbor  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
pac ain't dead
 5 years ago '07        #18
space
space
 YI-Drizzy said:

c-murder would have smacked one of them death row n*ggas
cole, you stupid.

i think we would have been saying RIP c-murder
 02-01-2013, 01:21 PM         #19
k3llz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 cankstoochie said:
fu*kouttahere

No Limit n*ggaz was too grimey 4 that sh*t
 5 years ago '07        #20
space
space
 k3llz said:
fu*kouttahere

No Limit n*ggaz was too grimey 4 that sh*t
im not making this up homie. P was like he told pac he aint doing that sh*t. he was opening for deathrow either in new orleans or cali. this was back in early 96
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
9 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
9 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy