most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
393 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
14 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #1
6372 pageviews
90 comments

Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
Edge: PS4 to launch in Europe in early 2014, is more powerful than next Xbox

Development sources with working knowledge of both next generation consoles have told us that PlayStation 4 will be more powerful than the next Xbox, will ship with a redesigned controller and launch by the end of the year in Japan and the US. PlayStation 4’s European launch will follow in early 2014.

Sony is set to reveal its next PlayStation on Wednesday February 20th at an event dubbed ‘see the future’. Sony Computer Entertainment released a teaser video last night to announce the event. Below, our sources revealed what to expect from PlayStation 4.

The controller

Sources close to the hardware have revealed to us that PS4 will ship with a redesigned controller which is the same size as an existing DualShock but features a small touchpad in place of the existing Select, Start and PS buttons. The tech is based on Vita’s rear touchpad, and is similarly responsive in use.

A new Share button on the controller will, when pressed, launch a new feature that will allow screenshots and video to be distributed online. The PS4 hardware will continually record the most recent 15 minutes of onscreen action (with no processing penalty, claims our source), which users will then be able to edit and broadcast via the Internet.

The launch

We’re told that PlayStation 4 will launch in Japan and the US by Christmas, with a Euro rollout following in early 2014, the delay attributed to the complexities involved in European distribution. Alongside the console, Sony will also introduce a new, improved iteration of its PlayStation Eye peripheral, which remains compatible with the PlayStation Move controller. Move will be available at launch, but it’s not clear yet whether it will be bundled with the hardware. Sony has already earned an enormous amount of goodwill among studios working with PS4 development hardware. Privately, Sony representatives have conceded that the company made a mistake in creating such esoteric architecture for PS3, and its strategy for PS4 gives developers more opportunities this time around, notably because the hardware is much more PC-like in its makeup than PS3.

We have confirmed with sources that recently leaked tech specs are accurate. Though Durango devkits offer 8GB of DDR3 RAM, compared to Orbis’s 4GB, Sony’s GDDR5 solution is capable of moving data at 176 gigabytes per second, which should eliminate the sort of bottlenecks that hampered PS3 game performance. Importantly, we’ve learned that Sony has told developers that it is pushing for the final PS4 RAM to match up to Microsoft’s 8GB.

Both platforms are driven by eight-core AMD CPUs clocked at 1.6GHz, with Microsoft opting for a D3D11.x GPU from an unknown source and Sony utilising a more capable solution in AMD’s ‘R10XX’ architecture, alongside the so-called ‘Liverpool’ system-on-chip.

It’s clear Sony has designed a system that, on paper, outperforms Microsoft’s next Xbox. One source familiar with both platforms tells us that in real terms Sony’s console is “slightly more powerful” and “very simple to work with”.

Ultimately, the performance differences between the two consoles will have as much bearing on multiplatform releases as the differences between PS3 and 360 – very little – but Sony will be expecting big-budget firstparty releases such as the PS4 Uncharted sequel to demonstrate its console’s superiority.

[pic - click to view]

PlayStation 4 revealed | News | Edge Online

That video-sharing feature sounds good image

90 comments for "Edge: PS4 to launch in Europe in early 2014, is more powerful than next Xbox"

02-01-2013, 10:03 AM         #2
LakeHawks 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
All those specs sound nice and sh*t but they will be basically out of date once the system launches.....

PC gamers always have the advantage of the latest and greatest
 5 years ago '11        #3
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
Will be copping both systems like I did with this gen. I just wish the SEN would've been revamped also. I've been in love with Live ever since I bought my 360...
 5 years ago '11        #4
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209 OP
space
space
space
They gave us a new (crappy) PS Store and a new (amazing) webstore. What more do you want?? Besides, we have no clue what the OS will have on it, all we've gotten are specs, and this 'Share' thing.
 5 years ago '12        #5
Dee352 170 heat pts170
space
space
$10,734 | Props total: 604 604
I want both
 5 years ago '11        #6
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 Jesszman said:
They gave us a new (crappy) PS Store and a new (amazing) webstore. What more do you want?? Besides, we have no clue what the OS will have on it, all we've gotten are specs, and this 'Share' thing.
The "amazing" web store is nothing but a rip of Live's store. What more do I want? Mic party & private chats. Less bottlenecks in various games. The ability to change your tag. A revamped messaging system. etc.

As it stands, Live > SEN. Again I'll have both but for online experiences it'll be M$ all day if Sony doesn't step it up. The ps4 will get the RPG's just like I have my 360 & ps3 setup now...
 5 years ago '11        #7
space
space
space
PS3 isn't getting party chat, it can't handle it. Vita has it so PS4 having it is very likely. how's the web store a rip off of the XBL store? As for everything else, we still need to SEE the OS.
 5 years ago '06        #8
ChevyBrah 216 heat pts216
space
space
space
$15,404 | Props total: 961 961
lies all lies
 5 years ago '11        #9
space
space
space
 chevyrida6 said:
lies all lies
didn't you just post this?
 5 years ago '10        #10
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,730 | Props total: 19626 19626
 Pierced Talentz said:
All those specs sound nice and sh*t but they will be basically out of date once the system launches.....

Don't be stupid. PC gamers need to pay close attention because console games do have an indirect impact on the quality of PC games.

Most games today are ported from consoles over to the PC, even though these machines are far more capable of outputting better graphics.

This generation should mean a step up in quality for PC games, but it will still be relative to consoles.

The only real advantage PC games have are higher resolutions, frame-rates, and slightly more environmental detail. Besides that, there isn't a massive leap in graphical quality without comparing a native PC game to a native console game.
 5 years ago '10        #11
space
space
 Retro said:
The "amazing" web store is nothing but a rip of Live's store. What more do I want? Mic party & private chats. Less bottlenecks in various games. The ability to change your tag. A revamped messaging system. etc.

As it stands, Live > SEN. Again I'll have both but for online experiences it'll be M$ all day if Sony doesn't step it up. The ps4 will get the RPG's just like I have my 360 & ps3 setup now...
You act as if the PS4 is the PS3.

A lack of memory rendered the PS3 incapable of party chat and cross game invites.

The PS4 has faster memory, and may even match the nextbox.

Relax, wait until the 20th before throwing rocks.
 02-01-2013, 10:51 AM         #12
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Pierced Talentz said:

The only thing will be "old" will be the CPU and considering you dont need to upgrade a CPU every year that talk can stop. Ofcourse if the rumora are true and Sony is using an 8 core it'll be good for a long time.
 5 years ago '10        #13
space
space
 DarkSidesHero said:
The only thing will be "old" will be the CPU and considering you dont need to upgrade a CPU every year that talk can stop. Ofcourse if the rumora are true and Sony is using an 8 core it'll be good for a long time.
No, everything will be old.

Also, cores and clock speeds don't mean sh*t anymore.

You're not going to compare a 4 core Galaxy S 3 with a 4 Intel i3 or i5 CPU. Architectures are different. And since rumors have the PS3 and Next Box using the same x86 CPU architecture, they're already outclassed.

The console GPU's are already outdated in terms of raw clock speed and memory allocation.

None of that will matter because devs will have games that are heavily optimized for the consoles. There's no operating system or other processes that will eat resources like a PC.

Last edited by Hovi Bryant; 02-01-2013 at 11:00 AM..
 5 years ago '12        #14
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,740 | Props total: 22110 22110
Pack your bags Nintendon't, it's over.

Price 399.
 5 years ago '08        #15
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
$45,534 | Props total: 17165 17165
gnah if anything Sony wants that stigma of "pricey console" out of their system, they going for that 299.99/349.99 range, less pricey brand high end tech bullsh*t and just more of a high end PC architecture, they been humbled.

Nintendo looking silly now coming out last worked for them, nobody saw Wii success coming
now they will see two brand new consoles running them over, still they will survive as always in their niche realm and of course handheld gamin dominance nobody cant fu*k with them there, that market is better than their consoles.

Last edited by The N; 02-01-2013 at 11:12 AM..
 02-01-2013, 11:06 AM         #16
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hovi Bryant said:
No, everything will be old.

Also, cores and clock speeds don't mean sh*t anymore.

You're not going to compare a 4 core Galaxy S 3 with a 4 Intel i3 or i5 CPU. Architectures are different. And since rumors have the PS3 and Next Box using the same x86 CPU architecture, they're already outclassed.

The console GPU's are already outdated in terms of raw clock speed and memory allocation.

None of that will matter because devs will have games that are heavily optimized for the consoles. There's no operating system or other processes that will eat resources like a PC.
Mhm, cool story bruh.
 5 years ago '08        #17
el bundy 27 heat pts27
space
space
$6,524 | Props total: 116 116
 Pierced Talentz said:
yea but they get no pus*y, so it evens out.
 5 years ago '12        #18
space
space
 The N said:
gnah if anything Sony wants that stigma of "pricey console" out of their system, they going for that 299.99/349.99 range, less pricey brand high end tech bullsh*t and just more of a high end PC architecture, they been humbled.

Nintendo looking silly now coming out last worked for them, nobody saw Wii success coming
now they will see two brand new consoles running them over, still they will survive as always in their niche realm and of course handheld gamin dominance nobody cant fu*k with them there, that market is better than their consoles.
The only pricey thing from the console would be the RAM if they're thinking of matching up with 8gb.
 5 years ago '10        #19
space
space
 DarkSidesHero said:
Mhm, cool story bruh.
Don't be like that.
 5 years ago '12        #20
space
space
Okay fu*k, maybe sony will have R5 for the games and 4 R3 for everything else, media hub wise. If they go with that then it's over. And on the other hand it wouldn't make the console pricey. They don't need to have 8gb or R5. But yeah with that, The PS4 will be good for 10 years.
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
51 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
220 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
194 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
148 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
63 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy