Jan 31 - Applebee’s fires waitress for exposing pastor’s ‘give God 10%’ no-tip receipt

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
30 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
234 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
132 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
112 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #121
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,132 | Props total: 9434 9434
 Blood Edge said:
Americans and their insecurities with tipping

It's the customer's choice to tip or not. In many countries the tradition of tipping to supplement low wages doesn't even exist anymore. The only issue is the person in this situation was an as*hole about it.

Also, when did people start telling others what to do with their money? People use the generalization that broke people don't tip, but judging what another person does with their funds is another sign of a broke person right?
It's a societal norm. In America, it is customary to tip. That's how the industry works. There is no law forcing you to tip, but if you want the luxury of someone waiting on you, then you are expected to pay for that service. That is the way the job works. If you don't like it, then don't go out to eat. Because when you do, knowing that's the way it works, and you still don't tip, you are directly harming someone else.

Sure they could pay the waiters $10/hr, but your hamburger would go from $10 to $20 to cover the costs.

Noone is saying tip for bad service. But if you are not going to tip a minimum of 15% that reflects more about you as a person than the restaurant you go to, or the waiter that has to deal with you.
 02-01-2013, 01:19 PM         #122
eddieopelousas 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
she was pissed for 6 bux, then she called and got her fired! wtf kind of pastor is this? and people wanna know why people go postal!!!! my wife once worked as a waitress and she would come home and talk about parties of people that would come in and wouldnt leave a tip. besides, the pastor is acting like she actually WORKS for those 6 dollars!!! "its in giving that we receive" right?

Last edited by eddieopelousas; 02-01-2013 at 01:21 PM..
 5 years ago '06        #123
Yung Dilla 1478 heat pts1478
space
space
$54,860 | Props total: 25607 25607
That pastor was being cheap in this situation i always tip and even if she didn't agree with the ''18%'' it was only 6 dollars and she could of left 10% if it was that big a deal she just didn't want to pay anything. I always tip unless the waiter is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge douche which never really happens..
 5 years ago '06        #124
h00ds finest 
space
space
$158 | Props total: 12 12
 Windy said:
fu*k that sh*t.

I ain't letting white people guilt trip me into doing something I don't believe in.

I don't get tipped at my job, why should waiters

I tips no-one ever. And if you gotta fu*k with my food, so be it. You ain't getting nothing from me, thats what you get paid for.

Inb4 they live off tips, thats how they make money. fu*k that they get a check every 2 weeks just like I do.

I'm paying these dudes to do their job? what kind of sh*t is this. might as well suck my d!ck too.

Word for word. Bar for Bar.
 5 years ago '12        #125
Prostyle 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,429 | Props total: 937 937
I get that these waitress get paid minimum wage and rely on tips, but they aren't mandatory, if you don't get a tip you have no room to throw a hissy fit, it comes with the job.

I would be heated as well if she posted this too a website like reddit.
 5 years ago '07        #126
sleep23rd 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,820 | Props total: 290 290
fu*k class, I ain't tippin sh*t in them over priced resturants. I will eat and drink as I please.. U take it personal get another job... Oh u can't cause u invested mad time there...so now ur emotionally attached in that place that slaves u and makes u look down on people who cheap or don't tip. n*ggaz got sh*t to do with they hard earned money and tryin to carry urself a certain way to make it appear classy ain't one of them... A big FOH
 5 years ago '05        #127
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,442 | Props total: 7083 7083
I always love all the idiots in these threads who co-sign non-tippers.

Have fun getting all of your food spit in at any restaurant you ever go to more then once or twice.
 02-01-2013, 01:46 PM         #128
StatisticZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
you just expose yourself as an a.ssumptive, over judgmental as*hole all the time?

he...strike 1
white guy...strike 2
plaid shirt...strike 3

3 strikes and you're out

[pic - click to view]

Let'em be in denial/closet racists.

In all the places I've lived, and worked; it's more often than not a black person who doesn't tip than a white person.

I don't believe anything's wrong with not tipping believe it or not. But, it's not usually white people who skip out on tips. We'll give you a sh*tty tip and a note like this, before no tip.

Last edited by StatisticZ; 02-01-2013 at 01:49 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #129
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,336 | Props total: 403 403
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
wow way to backtrack and use almost an entire page of posts to change what the initial argument was even about.

I could have said that their hourly + tips would equal minimum wage. Most times it's more. But that wasn't the point. The point was the dollars per hour they are paid because that's all they get when cheap a.sses don't tip.

I'm over it. You really think you're teaching me anything about restaurants?

go find some more sources and you might actually know what it's like to work in a restaurant.
Wow you are retarded. Not only did my source show and prove that no matter what, they are going to make minimum wage BUT YOUR SOURCE DID TOO!

If for any reason your tips and salary combined do not equal the minimum wage of that state, your boss is required to pay the remainder. The least a server can earn would be the federal minimum wage which is $7.25 for tipped employees.

[pic - click to view]

Maybe you have a hard time reading or comprhending what you read but what this basically says, is that IF A WAITER DOES NOT GET ANY TIPS AT ALL, THEN THEY WILL AT LEAST GET MINIMUM WAGE

This comes directly from your source you. Proving what I said from the very beginning. That they make AT LEAST minimum wage regardless if they receive no tips
 5 years ago '11        #130
NateRight 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,446 | Props total: 617 617

if they added gratuity then it's in the total and you have to pay it. she did get tipped
 5 years ago '06        #131
h00ds finest 
space
space
 erick derelict said:
fu*k tipping ... why dont they just pay them a good wage and stop all this bullsh*t .... I aint tippin nobody and i got dough - im already paying for overpriced food in the first place...why tf should i have to support the waiter just cuz i want to eat?? thats the restaurants issue not mine. fu*k it, I'd rather go get that sh*t from the kitchen my damn self cuz thats ALL they do ... honestly, props to the pastor
I'm sayin tho lol ....
 5 years ago '07        #132
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,336 | Props total: 403 403
 Crookz said:
I'm a bar manager here in NYC

I never seen people getting paid 2 an hour. Minimum wage is almost 8 bucks in NYC
BUT
Most waitstaff get paid $4... $6 if they're lucky

There's even places where bartenders get paid 25 a shift or 40 for like a 10 hour shift

Pay these people,man. a lot of these people are students and people that work in the arts just trying to make ends meet
another person who can not read.

1.) Where do I say not to tip or advocating no tipping at all. You even quoted me saying I tip. So the red shouldn't even exist. (Probably just a way to deviate from the real discussion). My point was that at the end of the day, they have to make minimum wage regardless
 5 years ago '04        #133
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,132 | Props total: 9434 9434
 carltouss619 said:
Wow you are retarded. Not only did my source show and prove that no matter what, they are going to make minimum wage BUT YOUR SOURCE DID TOO!

If for any reason your tips and salary combined do not equal the minimum wage of that state, your boss is required to pay the remainder. The least a server can earn would be the federal minimum wage which is $7.25 for tipped employees.

[pic - click to view]

Maybe you have a hard time reading or comprhending what you read but what this basically says, is that IF A WAITER DOES NOT GET ANY TIPS AT ALL, THEN THEY WILL AT LEAST GET MINIMUM WAGE

This comes directly from your source you. Proving what I said from the very beginning. That they make AT LEAST minimum wage regardless if they receive no tips
I'm done with you. You're an idiot who is arguing about something you don't know about. pulling up "sources" you just found on the internet doesn't mean you have a clue.

Believe it or not, people have gone to work and left without 1 table. You think the restaurant said "oh you worked 3hrs, let me give you $21.75" fu*k no they don't. Your a.ss goes home with $0.

Point is, you don't know what you're talking about. You're basing your argument off something you found online without any real experience with the topic. Minimum wage is average $7.25. Waiters get paid an average of $2.13. Period. Point Blank. End of Discussion.

So please hop off and go try to argue with someone else about something you have no experience with.

Last edited by ItAlY2BkLyN; 02-01-2013 at 02:14 PM..
 02-01-2013, 02:15 PM         #134
*Missy* 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
For people that complain about gratuity

Several years ago, one restaurant in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, had two people arrested for refusing to pay a mandatory 18% gratuity. The diners had to endure an inattentive waitress who spent more time smoking than serving, and they had to wait more than an hour for a simple order of salad and wings.

That sounds like crap service to me too. They should have walked out 30 minutes after placing their order.

It’s hard to believe that these dubious scofflaws had criminal theft charges filed against them for failing to leave a tip — but they did. That doesn’t mean the two diners didn’t have options available to them; they just chose the wrong one.

As a customer, you have a lot of leverage — especially with respect to the highly competitive restaurant industry.

Here are several suggestions you can use to avoid paying a mandatory gratuity for diabolical service:

1. Request the mandatory gratuity be waived. As a preemptive move, you can ask the restaurant if they’ll waive the mandatory gratuity. Why would they do that? Because you have a large party and they may not be willing to risk losing your business, that’s why. Here’s another reason: Some restaurants may jump at the chance to see their servers earn an even bigger payday. Suggest to the manager that, in lieu of waiving the mandatory gratuity, your party will tip more than 18% for excellent service.

2. Break up your party into separate tables. Breaking up your party into two or three smaller adjacent tables is another preemptive move that has the added benefit of ensuring you’ll probably get better service. Think about it. When you’re with a large party, a table for eight has to wait longer than a table for four because more meals have to be prepared. A table of 16 requires an even longer wait. And let’s face it: If you are in a party with 16 people, are you really able to converse with Aunt Edna who is stuck at the far end of a chain of four tables? The reality is, most people only socialize with the folks who are sitting adjacent and across from them anyway.

3. Talk to your server. Okay, enough for the preemptive suggestions. Let’s a.ssume you’ve already sat down with your large party and your server is off to a bad start. Tell them about it! Of course, do it tactfully and with a smile (as the saying goes, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar). In my experience, this step is usually enough to nip any problems in the bud before they get too bad and you’re forced to pay good money for bad service.

4. Inform the manager you’d like a different server. So you’ve talked to your server but you’re still not getting results? Then talk to the manager about the poor service and request another server. Although it is doubtful the manager will comply with your request, the odds are you will get him to help ensure the rest of your time at the restaurant goes as smoothly as possible. Often times, when well-founded, a talk with the manager will result in some sort of compensation for your troubles such as one or two comped appetizers or meals — which often offsets a portion of the mandatory gratuity.

5. Dispute the tip with your credit card company. Let’s a.ssume the manager has been unsympathetic to your plight, your meals were delivered cold, you never got those drink refills, and the server had an attitude. Now you’re looking at an 18% mandatory gratuity for the, um, fine service. Calmly pay for the entire bill, including the mandatory gratuity. Just make sure you use your favorite credit card. When you get home, immediately send a polite letter to the offending restaurant complaining of the poor service you received and requesting your tip money back. Then call your credit card company and dispute the mandatory gratuity.

Those Philadelphia diners aren’t the first people this has ever happened to. A similar event occurred in Lake George, New York, but charges were dropped when the District Attorney said the man couldn’t be forced to pay a gratuity even though the restaurant said tips of 18% were mandatory for parties of six or more.

By the way, the charges were eventually dropped in the Philadelphia case too.

So the next time you’re faced with potentially having to reward incompetent servers with an 18% gratuity for pitiful service, don’t be a martyr and expose yourself to a potential criminal or civil trial by withholding the tip.

Remember, there are plenty of other options available — you just need to plan ahead.
 5 years ago '06        #135
h00ds finest 
space
space
 sleep23rd said:
fu*k class, I ain't tippin sh*t in them over priced resturants. I will eat and drink as I please.. U take it personal get another job... Oh u can't cause u invested mad time there...so now ur emotionally attached in that place that slaves u and makes u look down on people who cheap or don't tip. n*ggaz got sh*t to do with they hard earned money and tryin to carry urself a certain way to make it appear classy ain't one of them... A big FOH

Ladies and Gentlemen, Real Americans.

Are these posts gettin thru to anyone yet? Yall can say what you please but at the end of the day, nobody told them to work there....just sayin'.
 5 years ago '11        #136
NateRight 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,446 | Props total: 617 617
 h00ds finest said:

Are these posts gettin thru to anyone yet? Yall can say what you please but at the end of the day, nobody told them to work there....just sayin'.
if this was the norm then nobody would work restaurants, forcing restaurant prices to rise since they'll have to pay more for labor to run the business. Since your broke a.ss is already complaining it's overpriced, there's no way you'll be able to afford it when prices are inevitably going to raise.

Just stay home and learn how to cook if you ain't got the money to order someone around for your food and not compensate them at all for it
 5 years ago '09        #137
KNerd 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$524 | Props total: 1 1
 h00ds finest said:

Yup real Americans. selfish self centered pieces of sh*t. Don't ever go out and eat.
 5 years ago '10        #138
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,864 | Props total: 13652 13652
 h00ds finest said:

rather they work and pay for good service than rob me or my family. the condescending attitudes of some ppl towards those that are down on their luck or simply busting their a.ss to make ends meet is absurd and hilarious. If I was cook at the restaurant you ate, your food would be trashed with a smile

IF YOU CAN'T TIP THEN DON'T EAT @ RESTAURANTS THAT ENCOURAGE IT. EAT @ HOME OR FAST FOOD RESTAURANTS.
 5 years ago '07        #139
sleep23rd 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,820 | Props total: 290 290
Y'all should be mad at y'all employer raping y'all pockets , not at customers... Them employers r makin so much $$$$$$ off y'all and they force y'all to blame customers in a bad economy for what should be included already in salary. Find a better job. I tip places that give ur tip back like resorts and arenas... They be like no sir, ur tip is included . Or we can't accept tips but thank u. I love them...
 5 years ago '10        #140
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,864 | Props total: 13652 13652
 Windy said:
Don't be mad at me cause you working minimum wage, get your qualification skills up.

Just another way white people trying to control what we do. My sister black(north african) and she never get tipped by white people but always by blacks.

Black people tip other black ppl. Thats a known fact.

They just trying to get in our pockets, I guess 300 years of free work wasn't enough. They need that extra 5 on the check as well. You devils can suck me dry.

"and youd be getting your jaw broke as well"

look here fu*k boy don't play with me online threats via props like some tough guy. Move around

Last edited by Trilluminati GA; 02-01-2013 at 03:19 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
61 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
21 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
24 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
233 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
48 comments
2 days ago