Jan 31 - Applebee’s fires waitress for exposing pastor’s ‘give God 10%’ no-tip receipt

most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
109 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
59 comments
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
13 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
57 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #1
15565 pageviews
239 comments

Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,231 | Props total: 19999 19999
Jan 31 - Applebee’s fires waitress for exposing pastor’s ‘give God 10%’ no-tip receipt

A waitress says she was fired from her job at Applebee’s after posting a note from a pastor who refused to tip, writing that “I give God 10% Why do you get 18.”

The waitress, who identified herself only as Chelsea, told The Consumerist that she originally posted the photo on the atheist section of social media website Reddit as a “lighthearted joke.”

“I thought the note was insulting, but it was also comical,” she explained. “I posted it to Reddit because I thought other users would find it entertaining.”

On the receipt she posted, Applebee’s computer system had added an automatic 18 percent gratuity because the dinner party had eight or more people. But the customer scratched out the $6.29 tip and wrote “0.” The receipt included a note about giving God 10 percent and a signature which indicated that the diner was a “pastor.”

“My mistake sir, I’m sure Jesus will pay for my rent and groceries,” Chelsea wrote on Reddit on Wednesday along with a photo of the receipt.

The waitress said that the she failed to redact the signature because she thought it was illegible, but Internet sleuths began using it to obtain the pastor’s identity.

“I had already started receiving messages containing Facebook profile links and blogs and websites, asking me to confirm the identity of the customer,” she recalled. “I refused to confirm any of them, and all of them were incorrect. I worked with the website moderators to remove any personal information. I wanted to protect the identity of both my fellow server and the customer. I had no intention of starting a witch hunt or hurting anyone — I just wanted to share a picture I found interesting.”

On Wednesday, the pastor reportedly contacted the Applebee’s location where she worked and demanded that everyone involved — including the managers — be fired.

“When I posted this, I didn’t represent Applebee’s in a bad light,” Chelsea explained. “In fact, I didn’t represent them at all. I did my best to protect the identity of all parties involved. I didn’t break any specific guidelines in the company handbook — I checked.”

“But because this person got embarrassed that their selfishness was made public, Applebee’s has made it clear that they would rather lose a dedicated employee than lose an angry customer. That’s a policy I can’t understand.”

She added that she was “utterly baffled” about why someone would connect Christian tithing to tips that wait staff rely on tips to pay their bills.

“I’ve been stiffed on tips before, but this is the first time I’ve seen the Big Man has been used as reasoning,” she said. “If this person wrote the note, obviously they wanted it seen by someone… It’s strange to me that now that the audience is wider than just the server, the person is now ashamed.”

Raw Story (
[pic - click to view]

Applebee’s fires waitress for exposing pastor’s ‘give God 10%’ no-tip receipt | The Raw Story)

[pic - click to view]

Applebee’s fires waitress for exposing pastor’s ‘give God 10%’ no-tip receipt | The Raw Story

[pic - click to view]

Waitress Who Posted No-Tip Receipt From “Pastor” Customer Fired From Job – The Consumerist
lol she fu-ked up.

239 comments for "Jan 31 - Applebee’s fires waitress for exposing pastor’s ‘give God 10%’ no-tip receipt"

5 years ago '05        #2
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72
space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3
Applebees is fu*king trash. Any bad publicity they get is
 5 years ago '04        #3
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,872 | Props total: 1907 1907
 Crookz said:
I thought generosity was a Christian virtue

I'm not an atheist or a spiritual person but I find it disgusting that people, especially in this country, use their religion as an excuse for ignorance

And the tip only called for $6.29. He couldn't just shoot her a measley $5 and call it a day if he really wanted to be cheap about it.

Whoever this man is, he's a cheap ignorant as*hole. I'm glad she called him on his bullsh*t.
 5 years ago '12        #4
SHADOW 326 heat pts326
space
space
$8,652 | Props total: 322 322
fu*k that pastor

fu*king f*ggot molests lil boys at work and cant tip 6 bux on a dinner party at applebees

Hope he got exposed all over
 5 years ago '10        #5
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
If you can't afford to tip, don't go out to eat.

Stick to places that don't call for a tip (McDonalds, Arbys, Taco Bell etc.)

All restaurants should just automatically add the gratuity to the bill. Too many cheap douche bags out there not to.

That'll solve problems like this and keep the cheap n*ggas at Burger King.
 01-31-2013, 01:29 PM         #6
Dedface 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What kind of pastor wants "Everyone involved" to be fired? fu*k him.
 01-31-2013, 01:30 PM         #7
varcitykid 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Smh AppleBee's is just trying to be a lil TOO politically correct. The poor girl is right, That sh*t is comical AND a lil insulting at the same time. What do you mean why should you give me 18%?... n*gga its the restaurant's policy THATS why. What you give to god is your business. Since when do people get fired over shyt like this anyway tho, its never that serious
 5 years ago '04        #8
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,155 | Props total: 9505 9505
inb4cheapasslowclasspeoplesayyoushouldn'ttip

But seriously, at my job I have so many customers that call themselves "profit" "apostle" "reverend", etc. like it's a status symbol. To me this is a perfect example of how man has bastardized religion.

But in regards to the article, 1) Waitress needs to upgrade her employment spot. fu*k working at Applebees. 2) bi*ch a.ss fake pastor should get exposed. Hope those internet sleuths put his picture everywhere. That would be great if his congregation found out.
 5 years ago '10        #9
GarfieldBond007 41 heat pts41
space
space
$500 | Props total: 0 0
 TheMindOf said:
If you can't afford to tip, don't go out to eat.

Stick to places that don't call for a tip (McDonalds, Arbys, Taco Bell etc.)

All restaurants should just automatically add the gratuity to the bill. Too many cheap douche bags out there not to.

That'll solve problems like this and keep the cheap n*ggas at Burger King.
My thoughts exactly.
 01-31-2013, 02:59 PM         #10
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 5 years ago '09        #11
Spiffy 34 heat pts34
space
space
$20,051 | Props total: 26 26
 ANDRE20 said:
Mannnn f*ck Jesus' lil d*ck rider, send that cheap, child molesting, story book telling piece of sh*t straight to hell.
soooo, you don't beleive in god, yet you beleive in hell? righttttt
 5 years ago '04        #12
space
space
 Spiffy said:
soooo, you don't beleive in god, yet you beleive in hell? righttttt

was thinking the same thing
 5 years ago '10        #13
Account001 
space
space
$3,342 | Props total: 180 180
I wanna know who the pastor is.... $6.29 that hes a over weight white guy with a plaid shirt
 5 years ago '04        #14
space
space
 Account001 said:
I wanna know who the pastor is.... $6.29 that hes a over weight white guy with a plaid shirt
you just expose yourself as an a.ssumptive, over judgmental as*hole all the time?

he...strike 1
white guy...strike 2
plaid shirt...strike 3

3 strikes and you're out

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by ItAlY2BkLyN; 01-31-2013 at 08:55 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #15
shadymilkman 10 heat pts10
space
space
space
$4,512 | Props total: 12 12
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
you just expose yourself as an a.ssumptive, over judgmental as*hole all the time?

3 strikes and you're out

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '12        #16
Philosophiskull 5 heat pts
space
space
$224 | Props total: 0 0
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:

3 strikes and you're out

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #17
Garnet & Gold 42 heat pts42
space
space
$33,296 | Props total: 16 16
Of course she's black, this thread just got about 5 pages longer at least
 5 years ago '05        #18
Sluggernaut 19 heat pts19
space
space
$23,467 | Props total: 4411 4411
Bless that girls heart. She handled the situation very well. She said all the right things in the article.
 5 years ago '07        #19
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511 OP
space
space
$55,231 | Props total: 19999 19999
really fitting that black people dont tip stereotype lol
 5 years ago '11        #20
Killa KMS 18 heat pts18
space
space
$6,026 | Props total: 932 932
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
14 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
38 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
99 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
116 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
161 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
227 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
66 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
49 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy