Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
98 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
99 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
79 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 5 years ago '06        #81
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,977 | Props total: 10637 10637
getting my girl (exgirl ) to drop off her laptop tomorrow. What windows version should i get to do these lessons? I'm going to get enterprise but just making sure since it's for microsoft's volume licensing customer's sh*t will run the same and everything

Last edited by philly337; 02-13-2013 at 09:44 PM..
 5 years ago '06        #82
ReMiXed 
space
space
$237 | Props total: 2 2
 Staszy said:
Web Developer here

6 figures by 23 here I come

Edit: if any of you guys have any interests in getting into Web Development I highly recommend these sites

codecademy.com - Site is completely free, all interactive tutorials, no videos (I suggest starting with the Web Fundamentals part first)

teamtreehouse.com - $25 a month(completely worth it if you are serious about getting into it) videos, and interactive tutorials.

codeschool.com - $25 a month(again it's completely worth it if you are serious about getting into it) videos, and interactive tutorials.

I would hold off on codeschool.com until you are somewhat knowledgeable in HTML and CSS.
Yo what does treehouse offer? and codeschool? I been on code academy for a minute, Like the fact that its free to..

Is it worth dropping 25 bucks on the others? Is there any SQL/Server side scripting? Since Code Academy does likke Ruby, Javascript, etc.
 5 years ago '04        #83
SpittN4Cash 12 heat pts12
space
space
$9,388 | Props total: 592 592
 philly337 said:
thanks again for the info....

what about these professor messor videos? See the comments and a lot of people saying they passed using his videos. I'd rather watch videos then read a book but don't want to take a shortcut aka not learn everything i need to know. Was wondering if you know if covers everything to prepare you?

philly337 said:
getting my girl (exgirl ) to drop off her laptop tomorrow. What windows version should i get to do these lessons? I'm going to get enterprise but just making sure since it's for microsoft's volume licensing customer's sh*t will run the same and everything
Yo, My bad for the late reply.

I never heard of Professor Messer, but from the looks of it those trainings seem to cover everything.

The enterprise version w/ volume license is what every organization uses, that should be perfect..

@ gettin ya ex's laptop....good play.
 5 years ago '06        #84
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
no prob..been a damn mess so far lol. Her laptop was all fu*ked up and wouldn't even boot so had to figure that out and then save her personal files then i could format and put windows 7 on there. Been waiting on usb in the mail but with weekend and holiday today still haven;t got it so been trying to use virtual machines but been having some compatibility issues and been a bi*ch without a usb going from laptop to another and having to burn disc ect...

anyway i'm not too far in (deploying images) but seen the exams for a+ (701 and 702) have to be taken by august. Should i try and go ahead and do those and come back to Microsoft windows 7 (also was wondering if this might be better to learn first anyway)

and then nothing to do with that but if somebody asked you to change drivers and disable games or something in dism do you know the commands off the top of your head like "dism /image:\mount /disable-feature:Solitaire"? I mean that's a basic one but even that i wouldn't remember off top and after looking still forgot the "-" in disable-feature. I will have no issue remember what programs do what but i don't think i'd be able to remember all the commands off top. Do you have some reference guide or you actually remember all the commands for everything?

Last edited by philly337; 02-18-2013 at 02:02 PM..
 5 years ago '10        #85
Staszy 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$2,425 | Props total: 3 3
 ReMiXed said:
Yo what does treehouse offer? and codeschool? I been on code academy for a minute, Like the fact that its free to..

Is it worth dropping 25 bucks on the others? Is there any SQL/Server side scripting? Since Code Academy does likke Ruby, Javascript, etc.
Treehouse and Codeschool both have a lot to offer.

I would say if you are just starting out to head over to Treehouse first. Codeschool just goes more in detail. They both have stuff on server side. Treehouse has a small section on PHP and then has a section where you build a simple Facebook using the Ruby on Rails framework. I highly recommend learning about the Ruby on Rails framework. Codeschool has nothing regarding PHP, but they have tons of courses on Ruby and the Ruby on Rails framework. Both also have ios development if you are looking to possibly go into that as well. For $25 a month it's a no-brainer to be a member at either one.

Last edited by Staszy; 02-18-2013 at 03:28 PM..
 5 years ago '09        #86
Nobles 
space
space
space
$272 | Props total: 34 34
Maaaaaannn!!! This thread helped me out a lot. I work in the IT field on the healthcare side. Testing/Implementation of electronic health records...BOOMING field! I don't have the technical expertise because I was an education major. I got my current job by having a stellar resume and a boss that was willing to give me a shot. Anyways, once I got into this field I realized it's not really about the advanced degrees, it's about experience and certificates...and just being witty and good at problem solving.

I went ahead and joined Treehouse and I'm gonna be on Codeacademy religiously because I had an intro to coding in high school and the sh*t was fun - good brainteaser. I'm loving the field though, IT is where it's at, for me at least! Props on this thread, I'll be back later to detail more about my job and other things that I do.

Keep this thread alive!!!
 5 years ago '08        #87
606robin 24 heat pts24
space
space
$5,683 | Props total: 3423 3423
So if I want to take classes of IT material on the side, What should I start off on? A+ certification?
How long does it take is it similar to a school? Like semester based? Or your own time? I like computers and would love to use my GI bill on it, While already in school for Business Admin. Make myself look more appealing. Prop's to the help
 5 years ago '04        #88
rmemo 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$764 | Props total: 45 45
If you have built a pc and have had a pc for 5+ years the a+ should be passed with simple studying. Nothing too drastic. They do cover printers and sometimes old technology as well. The software side is basically if you have had windows since xp. Troubleshooting is key as well, but who with a pc has not repaired software issues themselves? I've personally had hard drives fail, ram fail and DVD burners fail so this troubleshooting will prepare you for the exam. If you have a buddy who has a slow pc because of no maintenance then offer to fix it for free to give you more experience. Ask him what he wants from you and try to provide him with those services.
 5 years ago '13        #89
misterethoughts 246 heat pts246
space
space
$1,070 | Props total: 4260 4260
 SpittN4Cash said:
Every job will give you basic training..don't even worry about that. You just need to know windows. And Yes, The 10 courses for the MCSE will teach you all of that and more....that is how you will gain your experience before you get the job. The books will teach you the basics, and what's on the exam..then you just pay $150 for each exam - and you only need a 70% score to pass.

Start looking for your first helpdesk job once you pass your first microsoft exam. Let the employer know what you can do for them, what your career goals are and how they can help you (by giving you experience, and giving you income to pay for the exams).

Get started by:
  1. Choosing the 10 exams you will need to take from this web page:
  2. Then hit up Amazon.com and buy the books for the exams that you chose.
  3. Sign up for your first exam (and PASS the exam)
  4. Create a good helpdesk resume. (You can find a "helpdesk resume" template in microsoft word, just search for it and tailor it for your needs.)
  5. Start looking for that first helpdesk job

You can find entry level helpdesk jobs on:
  • Indeed.com
  • SimplyHired.com
  • Dice.com

The usual requirements are:
  • 0-1 years of experience
  • High School Diploma
  • Some Customer service experience
  • Some Technical Knowledge
  • At least one IT certification

Keep in mind once you put your resume on Dice.com you will start getting calls from recruiters all over the country. Local staffing agencies will also be calling you to fill local positions..

That's basically all you need to do, then you'll be on the career path of a MCSE.

-Cash
THank you so much for that wonderful information!!
 5 years ago '13        #90
misterethoughts 246 heat pts246
space
space
$1,070 | Props total: 4260 4260
 SpittN4Cash said:
No prob.

The Network+ and/or Security+ exams can be next after the first three..they both count towards the MCSE certification as electives. But those certifications wont help you land a helpdesk position.

And are very easy to get..but they wont open as many doors as the A+, or Microsoft certifications...I've learned this from experience.

Plus the HDI will not count towards the MCSE, so i can't recommend it for you. If you just wanted to land a Helpdesk role, then the HDI would be perfect for you, but since you said you were going after the MCSE, then you should start taking exams that will move you in that direction. Employers want more than someone with a certification, they want someone who knows where they are going, and are actively moving in that direction. Stay focused on your career goals, don't just get certifications to get "a job".
Thank you so much for this!!
 5 years ago '06        #91
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
ok need some input to people who have taken the a+ exam.....

been looking at some practice test and usually score about 85-90 but they're all so different and i was wondering which is more accurate.

this one i stay getting like a 55% and half these questions i don't even remember reading (click any of their tests at the bottom)

then i just took this one on comptia's official site and got 29 out of 30 questions right on the 701 and 25 out of 30 on the 702

Last edited by philly337; 03-27-2013 at 09:53 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #92
PrisonRules 70 heat pts70
space
space
$26,122 | Props total: 4431 4431
 Optimus Crime said:
Well the biggest thing with lawyers is that people don't understand how to play the game. There's one percent making millions... There are PLENTY of clients. I know people working for firms that handle Google, Apple, Dell, IBM, Exxon, Haliburton, etc. (Basically IP litigation and Oil and Gas). The problem is all of the money is going into IP law and legislatures are moving the money away from personal injury.

Every one of my friends in school is signing contracts making at least $120k right out of law school. Mainly because they have the connections, they went to a school with a VERY good reputation in a strong market and they were grinding. Sure there are the 1% making millions and millions. But there a lot of HUGE firms in my city offering plenty of opportunities.

People think just being a lawyer is enough... But you actually have to be a GOOD lawyer and that's not everyone. Not to mention you can't go to just ANY law school and expect to get paid. The richest lawyer I know (Who is one of my professors) never even practiced a day in his life though lol The life isn't for everyone (Definitely isn't for me) Ask Mike Leach and Derek Dooley lmao
i guess it all depends on who you work for. i know three ppl came right out of law school making 100k joining firms. the firm basically lets them handle certain cases. these n*ggas aint know nobody, they just started applying
 5 years ago '06        #93
thekidd 48 heat pts48
space
space
space
$1,190 | Props total: 911 911
 Two Pistols said:
i was just about to post about those exact same ones...that's ironically what i've been planning to do as soon as i finish with school...i'm majoring in Information Systems/CIT at the moment
B.S. in computer science in progress, will be programming soon
 5 years ago '04        #94
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,807 | Props total: 1461 1461
 SpittN4Cash said:
Systems analyst is just a "glorified helpdesk" position, with less user interaction/ less phone calls/ less bullsh*t.

I work for as an IT Analyst (Systems Analyst I), I moved up directly from the helpdesk. The only difference between me and systems analyst II or systems analyst III is the amount we make, and system analyst II & III get pagers and are on-call 24/7, while my day ends at 5pm.

Basically all i do is:
  • maintain the intranet portal for our 150+ departments
  • provide a.ssistance with SharePoint site navigation
  • SharePoint site development/implementation
  • take part in IT meetings by preparing reports and documentations
  • work on the change control board
  • process change request forms
  • maintain the ITIL Knowledge base
  • assist with implementing the knowledge base into the IT service manager application
  • work on "projects" individually or with a team
  • Get quotes from vendors and service providers
  • provide feasibility reports, swot analysis, ROI analysis or any other financial analysis
  • be the liaison between the IT department and upper management, helping them understand how investments in IT can support the organizations strategic objectives.

On a typical day I come into the office at 8:30am, Check my voicemail/email for new messages. I check for any change request forms that need to be approved/denied, then make the requested changes. Then I'd look to see if there are any proposed changes to the ITIL knowledge base, then make the requested changes. (On a normal day there are 30-40 requests.)

I'd post any announcements/system outages onto the SharePoint site, and remove old system outage alerts. If needed, I submit an incident ticket/helpdesk ticket for major outages that I cannot fix.

There's usually a meeting once or twice a week...once in a blue moon the schedule is jam packed with meetings, then there will be nothing for a while...then jam packed again..then nothing. It's the same pattern over and over.

I go to lunch around 1pm, come back at 1:30 and spend the rest of the day processing the remaining requests, and browsing facebook or boxden. Then leave around 5pm.
This is not the typical role of a system analyst. It is actually quite opposite. Your always in meetings. You work heavily with customers/users/vendors/ etc... Your creating requirements working with QA's/developers/drawing mockups. You are creating value for a company through applications (add/modifying/or integrating applications) . This job is going to be in an extremely high demand in the future with everything going towards automation and literally everything we do in the office is technology / application based. Just to give you an idea my company hires about 35+ system analyst a year.
 5 years ago '10        #95
ColeWorld 42 heat pts42
space
space
$10,622 | Props total: 1616 1616
Might have to make that switch to I.T. from Accounting...accounting boring as sh*t and the money ain't worth it.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
55 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
272 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
116 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
48 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
70 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
11 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
28 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
139 comments
2 days ago