These Jobs Will Get You Earning a Six Figure Salary Pretty Quick

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
119 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
62 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
102 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '08        #1
17937 pageviews
95 comments

thetfd 1470 heat pts1470
space
space
$3,599 | Props total: 6138 6138
These Jobs Will Get You Earning a Six Figure Salary Pretty Quick

[pic - click to view]

Itís always good to have passion for what you do, but passion doesnít pay the bills. We go to work to get paid. What most employees usually want in addition to passion is a hefty paycheck.

U.S. News & World Report has helped us narrow down jobs which still pay well, even in this economy. All of the jobs listed below pay at least 80k a year, making it easier for you to get to that much celebrated six figure range:

Web developer Ė As a rule, web developers arenít making the money they once did, but a good web developer, one who is able to position a website in a way that coincides with a userís browsing habits can still pull a good wage. Their average wage is $81, 670
Computer Systems Analyst - Do you want to monitor a companyís computer systems for a living? Itís not the most exciting job in the world, but it does have an average salary of $82, 320.
Civil Engineer - Not all top jobs keep you hidden behind a desk. With Americaís infrastructure in desperate need of repair, the BLS predicts that this field will steadily increase, and the average wage is $82, 710.
Veterinarian - Do you oooh and aaawww at kittens, puppies, birds, and even lizards? Then maybe youíre a fit for becoming an animal doctor, a job that pays an average of $82,900 per year.

If you want to start out at the top, then keep in mind that the top jobs havenít changed much:

Physicians still earn an average salary of $183, 170
Dentists earn $142,740
Lawyers round out the top three at $130,490. Pharmacists, business managers, and financial managers are also near the top of the list.

If you can find something you love to do, then great. If you can find something you love that actually pays, thatís wonderful.

[pic - click to view]

These Jobs Will Get You Earning a Six Figure Salary Pretty Quick | Techyville

95 comments for "These Jobs Will Get You Earning a Six Figure Salary Pretty Quick"

5 years ago '05        #2
Dillinger805 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,994 | Props total: 83 83
grocery manager will get u close to that too, im on track for that but its longer road because gotta climb the latter and sometimes have to wait ur turn for opening
 01-30-2013, 05:32 PM         #3
Drone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The reason why lawyers average out that high amount is the log jam of struggling lawyers living check to check and the one percent making millions. Too many lawyers with not enough clients....

All the rest is common sense.
 5 years ago '10        #4
ARosary 47 heat pts47
space
space
$9,777 | Props total: 2867 2867
Civil Engineer sounds intriguing....the school peice a.ssociated with does not. Wish their was a program you could matriculate thru that would direct place you in a position to get that.
 5 years ago '10        #5
Esdot 17 heat pts17
space
space
$1,616 | Props total: 689 689
 ARosary said:
Civil Engineer sounds intriguing....the school peice a.ssociated with does not. Wish their was a program you could matriculate thru that would direct place you in a position to get that.
Almost any engineering field will be able to get you that. A BS in engineering will have you at 60-70k entry level depending on the field you're in and the company you work for. You can just continue for an ME that will will put you around 80k entry level.
 5 years ago '08        #6
I.J. 11 heat pts11
space
space
$5,357 | Props total: 615 615
Web developer/Computer Systems Analyst

6 figures by 30 here i come
 5 years ago '11        #7
Two Pistols 18 heat pts18
space
space
$1,789 | Props total: 2 2
 I.J. said:

i was just about to post about those exact same ones...that's ironically what i've been planning to do as soon as i finish with school...i'm majoring in Information Systems/CIT at the moment
 5 years ago '04        #8
SickBlitz 14 heat pts14
space
space
$2,434 | Props total: 203 203
my moms a pharmacist and she cakes...i need to stop being lazy and go back to school and do the same its only 6 years
 5 years ago '11        #9
Two Pistols 18 heat pts18
space
space
$1,789 | Props total: 2 2
 Windy said:
Computer Systems Analyst
thats gonna be me in 2 more years. been working day in and out doing this grunt intern while in school on max hours.
gonna pay off tho
but half that money gonna go to the strippers

real talk tho i feel u, i'm on my fu*kin grind & it is definitely gonna pay off

Last edited by Two Pistols; 01-30-2013 at 05:52 PM..
 01-30-2013, 05:48 PM         #10
youdug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Windy said:
Computer Systems Analyst

thats gonna be me in 2 more years. been working day in and out doing this grunt intern while in school on max hours.

gonna pay off tho

but half that money gonna go to the strippers
sucks being ugly

wouldnt know anything about it though
 01-30-2013, 05:48 PM         #11
varcitykid 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lawyers and doctors never seem to amaze me with them numbers.. Web Designing is pretty good as well tho, glad im in it
 01-30-2013, 05:48 PM         #12
Drone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I hear Business Infomatic Analyst make mad cake.
 5 years ago '07        #13
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,405 | Props total: 2525 2525
 Darkdrone said:
The reason why lawyers average out that high amount is the log jam of struggling lawyers living check to check and the one percent making millions. Too many lawyers with not enough clients....

All the rest is common sense.
Well the biggest thing with lawyers is that people don't understand how to play the game. There's one percent making millions... There are PLENTY of clients. I know people working for firms that handle Google, Apple, Dell, IBM, Exxon, Haliburton, etc. (Basically IP litigation and Oil and Gas). The problem is all of the money is going into IP law and legislatures are moving the money away from personal injury.

Every one of my friends in school is signing contracts making at least $120k right out of law school. Mainly because they have the connections, they went to a school with a VERY good reputation in a strong market and they were grinding. Sure there are the 1% making millions and millions. But there a lot of HUGE firms in my city offering plenty of opportunities.

People think just being a lawyer is enough... But you actually have to be a GOOD lawyer and that's not everyone. Not to mention you can't go to just ANY law school and expect to get paid. The richest lawyer I know (Who is one of my professors) never even practiced a day in his life though lol The life isn't for everyone (Definitely isn't for me) Ask Mike Leach and Derek Dooley lmao
 01-30-2013, 05:53 PM         #14
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k that....ima keep pushing this yellow tops
 5 years ago '05        #15
dreas_24 25 heat pts25
space
space
$2,965 | Props total: 725 725
Just started as a detention officer for a private company. ..10 D/O's made over 100k from working the overtime last year

5 years ago '08        #16
tdnupe3 9 heat pts
space
space
$6,102 | Props total: 12360 12360
 DrX said:
fu*k that....ima keep pushing this yellow tops
 5 years ago '10        #17
Staszy 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$2,425 | Props total: 3 3
 I.J. said:

Web Developer here

6 figures by 23 here I come

Edit: if any of you guys have any interests in getting into Web Development I highly recommend these sites

codecademy.com - Site is completely free, all interactive tutorials, no videos (I suggest starting with the Web Fundamentals part first)

teamtreehouse.com - $25 a month(completely worth it if you are serious about getting into it) videos, and interactive tutorials.

codeschool.com - $25 a month(again it's completely worth it if you are serious about getting into it) videos, and interactive tutorials.

I would hold off on codeschool.com until you are somewhat knowledgeable in HTML and CSS.

Last edited by Staszy; 01-30-2013 at 06:24 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #18
luv4music 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,695 | Props total: 1475 1475
just make sure you're doing something u love or you'll wake up one day and eat a bullet
 5 years ago '10        #19
FrankAndBeans 27 heat pts27
space
space
$3,992 | Props total: 5679 5679
 luv4music said:
just make sure you're doing something u love or you'll wake up one day and eat a bullet
If thats what makes you feel good poor boy
 5 years ago '11        #20
Pakchoy 833 heat pts833
space
space
$6,664 | Props total: 40903 40903
yo i know cats at lexus dealership that spray paint cars pulling in that money
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
88 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
75 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Final Bright Trailer: Will Smith Gets a Magic Wand
17 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of ďIím not racistĒ
103 comments
1 day ago