Lil Debbie On Why Kreayshawn's Debut Flopped

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
57 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
64 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
49 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #1
8168 pageviews
87 comments

TheThreadLord 1776 heat pts1776
space
space
$9,552 | Props total: 3097 3097
Lil Debbie On Why Kreayshawn's Debut Flopped

Former White Girl Mob member Lil Debbie recently chopped it up with SOHH to reveal her take on ex-homegirl Kreayshawn's long-awaited debut not living up to the hype and what lessons she took from the underperforming LP.

In Deb's perspective, Kreay experimented too much on her Somethin' 'Bout Kreay debut.

"I'm going to keep it real. I really wasn't surprised," Deb told SOHH when asked for her reaction on Kreayshawn's Somethin' 'Bout Kreay first-week sales. "I really wasn't surprised. I think that what had happened was she came out with 'Gucci Gucci' and people really liked 'Gucci Gucci' and then I think she put out an album and she put too much random sh*t on the album. People couldn't really tell who she was. I think it was just too different. You're going to put out 'Gucci Gucci' and that's great, and someone else is going to write it for you and it's great, that's how the music industry is but if you're going to do that and do an album, then do it with the same person that did that 'Gucci Gucci' song for you. Or do an album that's going to relate to the 'Gucci Gucci' song. I think she put 'Gucci Gucci' out and she sat around too long."

Deb also discussed what lessons she learned from seeing Kreay's album struggle at retail stores.

"I don't think people could really understand who she was and it made me sad because when I first heard 'Gucci Gucci,' I told her, 'You're going to f*cking get signed off this. Your whole life is going to f*cking change.' And I really believed she was going to change the game and it just made me, seeing that, realize just because you're on the Internet doesn't mean you can sell your album. Just because you're hot on the Internet doesn't mean you're going to be able to sell all your albums. It just inspired me to do what I wanted to do from the beginning. At the end of the day, even if someone tells you, 'You're going to make an album and it's going to sell this and this and this because your numbers on the Internet,' that could not really be it. I think it just inspired me not as much as go hard but to be careful with my own decisions and if someone at a label or a higher power persuades me to do differently."

Last September, the "Gucci Gucci" rapper's LP sold just under 4,000 copies in its opening week

[pic - click to view]

Lil Debbie On Why Kreayshawn's Debut Flopped: "She Put 'Gucci Gucci' Out & Sat Around Too Long" | SOHH.COM

87 comments for "Lil Debbie On Why Kreayshawn's Debut Flopped"

5 years ago '05        #2
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
WGM Could of been biggest click in hip hop if they played it rite. but label dropped the ball on this one just all around bad
 5 years ago '10        #3
SeattleLost 797 heat pts797
space
space
space
$64,608 | Props total: 8489 8489
if she dropped the album right after gucci gucci dropped it would have sold a lot more....
 5 years ago '12        #4
Stillhyphy 39 heat pts39
space
space
$9,566 | Props total: 5605 5605
Kreayshawn really cant rap for sh*t but she's talented and artistic as hell. All she had to do was keep that bay area/oakland hype on her album and it woulda done good. She got a hood side and a weird side and she let that weird side out too much
 5 years ago '04        #5
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,799 | Props total: 1822 1822
with artists who truly know their identity and have been on the grind for years building up a solid following. the label should usually be hands off.

Kreayshawn was someone who randomly decided to rap one day and then 1 month later she has a video with 4 million views.

Columbia signs her and takes the hands off approach, which in this one specific situation was the wrong move to make. This bytch had no experience , no true identity , no hardened work ethic. Plus everything from the lyrics to the beat to the look was taken from other people around her. The label should've took control in this one particular situation and kept her style consistent with what she displayed in "Gucci Gucci", but they put too much trust in an artist that wasn't even rapping half a year before that.

She had that "it" factor tho naturally in personality, and if she had the right producers, writers, and handlers around her she could've been HUGE along with Debbie, but she phucked up big time.
 01-29-2013, 07:51 PM         #6
360crazy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FoShizzle8 said:
it flopped because white people havent relized yet they cant rap for sh*t and they just keep deciding to make a career rapping and then end up being garbage
The goat rapper is white.
 5 years ago '06        #7
Big Bear 20 heat pts20
space
space
$32,949 | Props total: 13571 13571
but white girls buy albums tho?
 5 years ago '11        #8
UrbanGAAWD 209 heat pts209
space
space
$7,295 | Props total: 1071 1071
Here's some reasons why it failed:

1. It came out a year and 3 months ago Gucci Gucci came out...if she dropped it within a few months it could have sold

2. Too much negative news around her with the n*gga/Nggr mess, sh*t around v nasty, breaks up with lil debbie

3. Talking too ghetto.....going around radio stations saying how she hood, ghetto and thuggish but she never shot a gun, wasn't part of a gang, never been in a f!ght, recently got the tats, and never fu*ked a black guy before

4. No follow up single or big remix to it.....just rested off Gucci Gucci

5. Speaks the writer and producer of the song put her on blast and claims horrible thing about her(again negative news)

6. Tried too hard to get "white hipster" audience and not to black hip hop fans

7. Buzz among college aged girls for her waned quickly....she wasn't hot among them....and me personally I have friends who liked her when they first heard it but 4 months later it was who was her

8. She wasn't real....and I think other people notice and saw....Mac miller hustle is real...macklemore hustle is real....even mgk hustle is real....she just some suburban white girl that got tats....she can't freestyle, she can't produce, she's cant perform to save her life, she's not s3xy, she's a basic white girl....how can you push her out to the world after beyonce, Rihanna and nicki minaj brought thick and s3x appeal to hip hop
 5 years ago '09        #9
EA5ER1 
space
space
$641 | Props total: 378 378
 360crazy said:
 5 years ago '10        #10
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
Label definitely dropped the ball..

They waited a year hoping that within that time she would drop another "Gucci Gucci" and sell some more singles for them.

It just never materialized. By the time they found out she aint write that sh*t, the paperwork was already signed

You can see how sh*t like this is affecting other new artist.

You see how Interscope rushed out the Chief Keef album to make sure they could squeeze every penny out that they can before his commercial buzz fizzles out. And even that aint really work.

They just don't know how to handle these new (popular on the internet) rappers, for the most part.
 5 years ago '04        #11
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
space
$19,650 | Props total: 5335 5335
It flopped because she was set up to flop .
 5 years ago '12        #12
Stillhyphy 39 heat pts39
space
space
$9,566 | Props total: 5605 5605
 urbangatsby said:
Here's some reasons why it failed:

1. It came out a year and 3 months ago Gucci Gucci came out...if she dropped it within a few months it could have sold

2. Too much negative news around her with the n*gga/Nggr mess, sh*t around v nasty, breaks up with lil debbie

3. Talking too ghetto.....going around radio stations saying how she hood, ghetto and thuggish but she never shot a gun, wasn't part of a gang, never been in a f!ght, recently got the tats, and never fu*ked a black guy before

4. No follow up single or big remix to it.....just rested off Gucci Gucci

5. Speaks the writer and producer of the song put her on blast and claims horrible thing about her(again negative news)

6. Tried too hard to get "white hipster" audience and not to black hip hop fans

7. Buzz among college aged girls for her waned quickly....she wasn't hot among them....and me personally I have friends who liked her when they first heard it but 4 months later it was who was her

8. She wasn't real....and I think other people notice and saw....Mac miller hustle is real...macklemore hustle is real....even mgk hustle is real....she just some suburban white girl that got tats....she can't freestyle, she can't produce, she's cant perform to save her life, she's not s3xy, she's a basic white girl....how can you push her out to the world after beyonce, Rihanna and nicki minaj brought thick and s3x appeal to hip hop
Delete number 3 and 8 and I agree with you. You cant judge somebody you dont know
 01-29-2013, 09:19 PM         #13
Denise4975 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
She is garbage just like Nicki Minaj. Bottom line.
 5 years ago '08        #14
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,104 | Props total: 23319 23319
Can't say I disagree with what she said
 5 years ago '04        #15
ATLDOPEBOI30 73 heat pts73
space
space
$32,458 | Props total: 6043 6043
 360crazy said:
 5 years ago '06        #16
Stupid Fresh 183 heat pts183
space
space
$24,224 | Props total: 5034 5034
could be all summed up in 1 sentence.. "she wasnt talented."

the end.. she knows who to pay if she wants her career back
 5 years ago '12        #17
You Hater 1447 heat pts1447
space
space
$42,396 | Props total: 19885 19885
EMINEM THEN TUPAC

TUPAC BLESSED THE MIC DONT GET ME WRONG AND SO DID MY n*gga BIG

NO HATE JUST MY OPINION

ALSO CANT FORGET ABOUT BIG L> jAYZ

5 years ago '10        #18
deadlift 19 heat pts19
space
space
$6,925 | Props total: 8045 8045
 5 years ago '04        #19
polorsport2345 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,162 | Props total: 1615 1615
 Denise4975 said:
She is garbage just like Nicki Minaj. Bottom line.
n*gga lets be serious, Nicki Minaj way better than that bi*ch
 5 years ago '06        #20
Cezaroh 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,238 | Props total: 1554 1554
Shes s3xy inn real life
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
36 comments
1 day ago