Kobe Bryant 'happy as hell' in role as Lakers' facilitator

most viewed right now
Video inside Wait a minute: Da Brat Is Sexy With A Big Butt?
145 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Give Her An A+ For A***Tastic
28 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bringing An XBox And A TV On The Subway Is Baller As fu-k
54 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Christina Milian & Karrueche Tran, Is This Heaven?
30 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '06        #1
5978 pageviews
85 comments

Clyde 1039 heat pts1039
space
space
$29,277 | Props total: 7861 7861
Kobe Bryant 'happy as hell' in role as Lakers' facilitator

[pic - click to view]

LOS ANGELES ó His Los Angeles Lakers, mired all season long in the sort of slump that no one saw coming, logged their best win yet Sunday by beating an Oklahoma City Thunder team that so many consider the best in the NBA.

And Kobe Bryant didn't mince his words.

"It feels good to finally beat a team that's worth a (expletive)," he said after the 105-96 victory in which he posted 21 points, 14 a.ssists and nine rebounds while shooting 8-for-12 from the field.

Bryant, whose greatness is indisputable but who is one of the most ball-dominant players in the history of the game, has turned into a Steve Nash clone in the past two games.

Sunday's game was his second in a row with 14 a.ssists, one off his career-high and 21 more combined than Nash, the team's future Hall of Fame point guard, has totaled in that span. According to ESPN, this was just the fourth time in Bryant's 17-year career that he finished a game in which he played 30-plus minutes with more a.ssists than field-goal attempts ó and he has done it for two games in a row. Bryant, who became known as "Kobe Johnson" by way of his Twitter account after Friday's game as a comedic homage to Magic Johnson, has come within one rebound of a triple-double in both games.
Considering the Lakers' lack of ball movement had been deemed a major problem by coach Mike D'Antoni, the question now is whether Bryant is content playing this way on a consistent basis. It's the easiest way to relieve pressure on this team full of all-world talents, with Bryant's playmaking opening up opportunities for Lakers center Dwight Howard and the rest. As Howard acknowledged, the Lakers (19-25) are desperate for solutions like this one considering they're still four games out of the eighth and final playoff spot in the Western Conference.

"It's trying to evolve and figured out what we need as a ballclub," Bryant said of his new style. "Instead of me being a finisher, I'm just really facilitating and drawing the defense in and making plays. I game-planned for it, and it seems to be working."

D'Antoni, who has struggled to get his all-for-one-one-for-all message across since being hired in mid-November, is hoping this isn't an aberration for Bryant.

"I think he likes (playing this way)," D'Antoni said. "I think he's happy as hell."

[pic - click to view]

Kobe Bryant 'happy as hell' in role as Lakers' playmaker

85 comments for "Kobe Bryant 'happy as hell' in role as Lakers' facilitator"

4 years ago '08        #2
slimdogg3325 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,599 | Props total: 224 224

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '05        #3
R0R0 22 heat pts22
space
space
$5,803 | Props total: 11 11
 4 years ago '10        #4
Hovi Bryant 621 heat pts621
space
space
$28,094 | Props total: 9810 9810
 slimdogg3325 said:

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '07        #5
Cartel-Clipz 25 heat pts25
space
space
$24,121 | Props total: 3759 3759
 slimdogg3325 said:

[pic - click to view]

:hillwhoa:
 4 years ago '04        #6
Young Fab 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,936 | Props total: 4632 4632
I think this answers the question "Would the Lakers be better with Lebron instead of Kobe?" Kobe tryna play like Lebron now and its working
 4 years ago '08        #7
MrFourteen5 
space
space
$2,875 | Props total: 1779 1779
 4 years ago '11        #8
Kadillac87 212 heat pts212
space
space
$16,484 | Props total: 686 686
Magic Mamba
 4 years ago '05        #9
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$14,067 | Props total: 724 724
 slimdogg3325 said:

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '04        #10
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,687 | Props total: 805 805
Lakers looked real good with kobe stockton out there

but i maintain that the real issue for the squad is defense. All the kobe facilitating just keeps the other stars mouths shut about touches
 4 years ago '11        #11
Jay Lee 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,278 | Props total: 671 671
I hate Mike D.
 4 years ago '05        #12
DanBootleg 197 heat pts197
space
space
$16,745 | Props total: 5702 5702
So they don't sign Phil Jackson because he'd make Steve Nash expendable, and now Kobe Bryant is doing the same thing?
 4 years ago '07        #13
BNB 4 heat pts
space
space
$87 | Props total: 2 2
 DanBootleg said:
So they don't sign Phil Jackson because he'd make Steve Nash expendable, and now Kobe Bryant is doing the same thing?
Nash is one of the best shooters in the league and Kobe's getting him good looks. Def not making him expendable they need shooters.
 4 years ago '12        #14
SDC17 34 heat pts34
space
space
$3,880 | Props total: 256 256
 Ldogg310 said:
he doesnt force them to work in his offense, he forces his offense to work with the players.
For some reason that was hilarious.
 4 years ago '12        #15
CosbySweater 289 heat pts289
space
space
$33,362 | Props total: 5196 5196
 slimdogg3325 said:

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '06        #16
datnolaboy 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,546 | Props total: 756 756
I love kobe to death but he just says what sounds good. Early this year he had a bunch of a.ssists and he was saying it wasn't gonna be the norm cause he's a scorer. Love Magic Mamba though...
 4 years ago '12        #17
ThePainkiller 326 heat pts326
space
space
$60,697 | Props total: 1875 1875
As long as our boys don't get trigger happy, I bet he'd happy. He gets to rest and when the team really needs him, he will be full of energy.
 4 years ago '12        #18
Julian 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,840 | Props total: 468 468
Pau Gasol says the players are running their own system. And we all know what that is.

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '06        #19
Armen87 122 heat pts122
space
space
$10,819 | Props total: 73 73
 abstractq said:
Lakers looked real good with kobe stockton out there

but i maintain that the real issue for the squad is defense. All the kobe facilitating just keeps the other stars mouths shut about touches
also confuses the opposing defense. will he shoot, will he pass? creates mismatches and tires the opposing team.
 4 years ago '09        #20
The Bully 324 heat pts324
space
space
$45,128 | Props total: 16636 16636
This isn't the first time Kobe has had a phase where he was a willing passer. I can think of countless other times where he did this and people thought he had changed for good...but once his teammates have a spell where they miss a few open shots, he goes back gunning and never looks back and his stans don't blame him

It's apparently just fine for him to lose faith in his teammates when they miss a few shots in a row even though he never ever loses faith in those contested fadeaways
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Aug 23 - Ann Coulter Admits: If Clinton Wins, Republicans Will Go Out ..
101 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside This man died during surgery, met god & asked him, "what's the meaning ..
490 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside In what order are you smashing? :cp3datass:
189 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside which one would you smash?
38 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
PlayStation comes to Humble with a Capcom Bundle
22 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Article inside That Innovation! Apple Will Release A Curved Display iPhone In 2017, ..
58 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside King yella shot shooting black lives matter theme video
54 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside CLASSIC VIDEO: Big Boy & B Real(Cypress Hill) Fist Fight On LA Radio Po..
69 comments
2 days ago
@misc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy