Kobe Bryant 'happy as hell' in role as Lakers' facilitator

most viewed right now
NBA Derrick Rose under criminal investigation for rape
59 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside The Game will debut music video for "Pest Control" Meek Mill & Beanie S..
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Terelle Pryor: "I gave everything I had"
81 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Tsu Surf in North Philly
72 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '06        #1
6000 pageviews
85 comments

Clyde 1054 heat pts1054
space
space
$29,570 | Props total: 8572 8572
Kobe Bryant 'happy as hell' in role as Lakers' facilitator

[pic - click to view]

LOS ANGELES His Los Angeles Lakers, mired all season long in the sort of slump that no one saw coming, logged their best win yet Sunday by beating an Oklahoma City Thunder team that so many consider the best in the NBA.

And Kobe Bryant didn't mince his words.

"It feels good to finally beat a team that's worth a (expletive)," he said after the 105-96 victory in which he posted 21 points, 14 a.ssists and nine rebounds while shooting 8-for-12 from the field.

Bryant, whose greatness is indisputable but who is one of the most ball-dominant players in the history of the game, has turned into a Steve Nash clone in the past two games.

Sunday's game was his second in a row with 14 a.ssists, one off his career-high and 21 more combined than Nash, the team's future Hall of Fame point guard, has totaled in that span. According to ESPN, this was just the fourth time in Bryant's 17-year career that he finished a game in which he played 30-plus minutes with more a.ssists than field-goal attempts and he has done it for two games in a row. Bryant, who became known as "Kobe Johnson" by way of his Twitter account after Friday's game as a comedic homage to Magic Johnson, has come within one rebound of a triple-double in both games.
Considering the Lakers' lack of ball movement had been deemed a major problem by coach Mike D'Antoni, the question now is whether Bryant is content playing this way on a consistent basis. It's the easiest way to relieve pressure on this team full of all-world talents, with Bryant's playmaking opening up opportunities for Lakers center Dwight Howard and the rest. As Howard acknowledged, the Lakers (19-25) are desperate for solutions like this one considering they're still four games out of the eighth and final playoff spot in the Western Conference.

"It's trying to evolve and figured out what we need as a ballclub," Bryant said of his new style. "Instead of me being a finisher, I'm just really facilitating and drawing the defense in and making plays. I game-planned for it, and it seems to be working."

D'Antoni, who has struggled to get his all-for-one-one-for-all message across since being hired in mid-November, is hoping this isn't an aberration for Bryant.

"I think he likes (playing this way)," D'Antoni said. "I think he's happy as hell."

[pic - click to view]

Kobe Bryant 'happy as hell' in role as Lakers' playmaker

85 comments for "Kobe Bryant 'happy as hell' in role as Lakers' facilitator"

4 years ago '08        #2
slimdogg3325 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,688 | Props total: 434 434

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '05        #3
R0R0 22 heat pts22
space
space
$5,803 | Props total: 11 11
 4 years ago '10        #4
Hovi Bryant 625 heat pts625
space
space
$28,378 | Props total: 10614 10614
 slimdogg3325 said:

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '07        #5
Cartel-Clipz 25 heat pts25
space
space
$24,284 | Props total: 4211 4211
 slimdogg3325 said:

[pic - click to view]

:hillwhoa:
 4 years ago '04        #6
Young Fab 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,936 | Props total: 4632 4632
I think this answers the question "Would the Lakers be better with Lebron instead of Kobe?" Kobe tryna play like Lebron now and its working
 4 years ago '08        #7
MrFourteen5 
space
space
$2,946 | Props total: 2301 2301
 4 years ago '11        #8
Kadillac87 212 heat pts212
space
space
$16,575 | Props total: 1286 1286
Magic Mamba
 4 years ago '05        #9
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$14,183 | Props total: 1289 1289
 slimdogg3325 said:

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '04        #10
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,734 | Props total: 865 865
Lakers looked real good with kobe stockton out there

but i maintain that the real issue for the squad is defense. All the kobe facilitating just keeps the other stars mouths shut about touches
 4 years ago '11        #11
Jay Lee 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,360 | Props total: 878 878
I hate Mike D.
 4 years ago '05        #12
DanBootleg 200 heat pts200
space
space
$17,353 | Props total: 6485 6485
So they don't sign Phil Jackson because he'd make Steve Nash expendable, and now Kobe Bryant is doing the same thing?
 4 years ago '07        #13
BNB 4 heat pts
space
space
$87 | Props total: 2 2
 DanBootleg said:
So they don't sign Phil Jackson because he'd make Steve Nash expendable, and now Kobe Bryant is doing the same thing?
Nash is one of the best shooters in the league and Kobe's getting him good looks. Def not making him expendable they need shooters.
 4 years ago '12        #14
SDC17 35 heat pts35
space
space
$3,913 | Props total: 291 291
 Ldogg310 said:
he doesnt force them to work in his offense, he forces his offense to work with the players.
For some reason that was hilarious.
 4 years ago '12        #15
CosbySweater 290 heat pts290
space
space
$33,730 | Props total: 6131 6131
 slimdogg3325 said:

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '06        #16
datnolaboy 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,577 | Props total: 928 928
I love kobe to death but he just says what sounds good. Early this year he had a bunch of a.ssists and he was saying it wasn't gonna be the norm cause he's a scorer. Love Magic Mamba though...
 4 years ago '12        #17
ThePainkiller 327 heat pts327
space
space
$60,893 | Props total: 2026 2026
As long as our boys don't get trigger happy, I bet he'd happy. He gets to rest and when the team really needs him, he will be full of energy.
 4 years ago '12        #18
Julian 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,932 | Props total: 623 623
Pau Gasol says the players are running their own system. And we all know what that is.

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '06        #19
Armen87 123 heat pts123
space
space
$10,827 | Props total: 86 86
 abstractq said:
Lakers looked real good with kobe stockton out there

but i maintain that the real issue for the squad is defense. All the kobe facilitating just keeps the other stars mouths shut about touches
also confuses the opposing defense. will he shoot, will he pass? creates mismatches and tires the opposing team.
 4 years ago '09        #20
The Bully 328 heat pts328
space
space
$45,636 | Props total: 20140 20140
This isn't the first time Kobe has had a phase where he was a willing passer. I can think of countless other times where he did this and people thought he had changed for good...but once his teammates have a spell where they miss a few open shots, he goes back gunning and never looks back and his stans don't blame him

It's apparently just fine for him to lose faith in his teammates when they miss a few shots in a row even though he never ever loses faith in those contested fadeaways
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside bi-ch tries to play cute with the judge
104 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside The Daily Show - Tomi Lahren's Anger Lights Facebook on Fire ~ Evil ..
64 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The stars that aged well, are? And the stars that didn't age well, are?
85 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Sep 25 - the nasa machine trolls the public yet again
7 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Sep 24 - CNN Live footage of crime scene manipulation and gun plant
60 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Faith Evan breaking the internet
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Clueless iPhone 7 owners destroy new handsets after YouTube prank dupes..
23 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
audio inside Lloyd Banks x DJ Drama | All or Nothing: Live It Up (Official Download/..
197 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy