Dope A** 90's NYC Rap That Got Shine....

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
40 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
145 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
158 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
93 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 5 years ago '06        #61
datVAkid 37 heat pts37
space
space
$13,460 | Props total: 2648 2648
 kiddrocay said:
well lets seee

the wack a.ss south started coming with that simplistic ish on party type songs and well there you go

in general, most black folks like simple ignorant ish and the white folks who make money of it like to laugh at those black folks

Shut the fu*k up cause you dont know your history... Scarface, Geto Boyz, 8ball and MJG, Outkast... The south first came with that soulful, lyrical, playa pimp sh*t... New York was about rawness, grittyness, hard beats, and party sh*t dumbass, then came the west with gangster rap and G Funk, and then the south came after all that... fu*k U ol lie spreading a.ss n*gga just saying what the fu*k they want to
 5 years ago '06        #62
datVAkid 37 heat pts37
space
space
 kiddrocay said:
you know I meant no disrespect bluecup but cmon son we would all be denial if were to say that simple style of the south taking over made it hard for people to pay attention to other regions, so the east coast ish started dying out

ish even when nas started his hip-hop is dead propaganda andre 3k spoke out against him and later switched to nas side saying that it was dying

Im not saying all the southern rappers are to blame but a good amount of em

then you got east coast rappers who were originally jocked by southern rappers slowly switching up *cough* fat joe *cough* to jocking southern rappers to keep up with the change
Shut up... just shut up

Andre always supported nas' stance, he just went after ignorant motherfu*kers like you by saying its the souths fault... The south revitalized hip hop, bought a new untapped forced to hip hop
 5 years ago '04        #63
shadow_boxer 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,276 | Props total: 813 813
some of the songs posted are from the early 2ks which still had dope rap at the time
 5 years ago '10        #64
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
$19,659 | Props total: 4495 4495
 datVAkid said:
Shut the fu*k up cause you dont know your history... Scarface, Geto Boyz, 8ball and MJG, Outkast... The south first came with that soulful, lyrical, playa pimp sh*t... New York was about rawness, grittyness, hard beats, and party sh*t dumbass, then came the west with gangster rap and G Funk, and then the south came after all that... fu*k U ol lie spreading a.ss n*gga just saying what the fu*k they want to
this guy stating the obvious

if the south is blame noone brings them up, we talking about ish like ying yang twins, d4l, and soulja boy

datVAkid said:
Shut up... just shut up

Andre always supported nas' stance, he just went after ignorant motherfu*kers like you by saying its the souths fault... The south revitalized hip hop, bought a new untapped forced to hip hop
andre spoke out againist nas at first and then later realized where nas was coming from

its the south fault that white folks are so much into profiting off hip-hop right now, untapped force
 5 years ago '06        #65
Big Bear 20 heat pts20
space
space
$32,959 | Props total: 13581 13581

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '06        #66
datVAkid 37 heat pts37
space
space
 kiddrocay said:

if the south is blame noone brings them up, we talking about ish like ying yang twins, d4l, and soulja boy

andre spoke out againist nas at first and then later realized where nas was coming from

its the south fault that white folks are so much into profiting off hip-hop right now, untapped force
The south did bring a new untapped force to hip hop, thats how we got this south bashing going on now, and also the west bought an untapped force when it first got big...
And i dont see nothing wrong with ying yang twins and d4l and ect... we need variety, they bought a fun, care free, party aspect of hip hop... When people started focusing on that bubble gum hip hop is when sh*t went south, instead of keeping real to themselves and adding diversity to the hip hop seen during that time, people just complained and ect... thats how it became so saturated, speaking but no action.
Also there is a place and a time for everything, so what you saying k!lled hip hop i said helped it because it gave us twerk/snap music... there is nothing wrong with snap music twerking and dancing sh*t (dougie, cat daddying and sh*t) because thats sh*t is perfect for house parties...

With out 2LiveCrew hip hop would be all serious... put a smile on n*gga
 5 years ago '06        #67
datVAkid 37 heat pts37
space
space
 kiddrocay said:

white people were profitting off hip hop beefs (2pac and biggie), white people were profiting off nwa and eazy e, white people were profiting off hip hop from the jump, stop blaiming the south for everything thats wrong with hip hop... if anything you are to blame for demonizing a whole coast...
 5 years ago '09        #68
Extort you 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,335 | Props total: 353 353
Pete Rock was so dope man i miss real remixes

[video - click to view]

terrible quality but w/e

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

great age in hip hop but there still good music now a days you just have to look for it.
 5 years ago '10        #69
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
$19,659 | Props total: 4495 4495
 datVAkid said:
The south did bring a new untapped force to hip hop, thats how we got this south bashing going on now, and also the west bought an untapped force when it first got big...
And i dont see nothing wrong with ying yang twins and d4l and ect... we need variety, they bought a fun, care free, party aspect of hip hop... When people started focusing on that bubble gum hip hop is when sh*t went south, instead of keeping real to themselves and adding diversity to the hip hop seen during that time, people just complained and ect... thats how it became so saturated, speaking but no action.
Also there is a place and a time for everything, so what you saying k!lled hip hop i said helped it because it gave us twerk/snap music... there is nothing wrong with snap music twerking and dancing sh*t (dougie, cat daddying and sh*t) because thats sh*t is perfect for house parties...

With out 2LiveCrew hip hop would be all serious... put a smile on n*gga
 datVAkid said:
white people were profitting off hip hop beefs (2pac and biggie), white people were profiting off nwa and eazy e, white people were profiting off hip hop from the jump, stop blaiming the south for everything thats wrong with hip hop... if anything you are to blame for demonizing a whole coast...
fu*k that ringtone music ish, yes white folks were profiting off it back in the day but its major today, hip-hop may have entered the mainstream because of 2pacs actions but the ish is so commercial today because of the south

[video - click to view]

wtf is this ish, is this even hip-hop

what if a white group came out with the same song and tried to market it as hip-hop, most of yall would be denial and trying to claim its not
 5 years ago '06        #70
mrep3 39 heat pts39
space
space
$5,859 | Props total: 6057 6057

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #71
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 195 195
The Eastcoast brought their own flavor and I respect that but you can't honestly like it and sh*t on the South at the same time, pinpointing music like Ying Yang Twins, D4L, etc. The South is the largest region and produced the most variety within hip-hop. Every city in the South had its own flavor of dance/party music and that's exactly what those groups were for. We can't help that the South is larger and has mroe styles and therefore there's more of it from down here. You're criticizing nature Go look at a map and put 2 and 2 together b4 you throw shade.

Nobody pays homage to all the dope MCs from down here. Suave House, Dungeon Fam, CMR, Big Boy, No Limit, Rap-a-Lot, S.U.C. etc. all contributed amazing talent. What about them? They were the ones who truly brought the South to the top.

D4L, Ying Yang Twins, etc. were just rehashes of earlier Bounce, Miami Bass, Atlanta artists who were always the most popular Southern artists in the 80s/90s. If ringtones existed back then, Uncle Luke and The 69 Boyz would have been multi-platinum while 8Ball and MJG would barely be cracking gold. The more lyrical labels and groups were the ones who brought the often-ignored aspect of Southern rap to the forefront - and aspect that matched the popular sounds of the other regions. It just so happened that the South never lost its knack for producing dance music so we dominated both scenes.

Last edited by Playa; 01-27-2013 at 04:49 PM..
 5 years ago '06        #72
datVAkid 37 heat pts37
space
space
 kiddrocay said:
fu*k that ringtone music ish, yes white folks were profiting off it back in the day but its major today, hip-hop may have entered the mainstream because of 2pacs actions but the ish is so commercial today because of the south

wtf is this ish, is this even hip-hop

what if a white group came out with the same song and tried to market it as hip-hop, most of yall would be denial and trying to claim its not
you just contradicted yourself... hip hop was commercial on the first major hip hop track to ever come out rapper delight...

n*gga rapping about all the things he didnt have

check it out, i'm the c-a-s-an-the-o-v-a
and the rest is f-l-y
ya see i go by the code of the doctor of the mix
and these reasons i'll tell ya why
ya see i'm six foot one and i'm tons of fun
and i dress to a t
ya see i got more clothes than muhammad ali and i dress so viciously
i got bodyguards, i got two big cars

that definitely aint the wack
i got a lincoln continental and a sunroof cadillac
so after school, i take a dip in the pool
which really is on the wall
i got a color tv so i can see
the knicks play basketball
hear me talkin bout checkbooks, credit cards
more money than a sucker could ever spend

but i wouldnt give a sucker or a bum from the rucker
not a dime til i made it again
he even shows how selfish he is right here
ya go hotel motel whatcha gonna do today (say what)
ya say im gonna get a fly girl gonna get some spankin
drive off in a def oj
everybody go, hotel motel holiday inn
say if your girl starts actin up, then you take her friend
master gee, am I mellow
its on you so what you gonna do
 5 years ago '06        #73
datVAkid 37 heat pts37
space
space
 Nyuzi said:
The Eastcoast brought their own flavor and I respect that but you can't honestly like it and sh*t on the South at the same time, pinpointing music like Ying Yang Twins, D4L, etc. The South is the largest region and produced the most variety within hip-hop. Every city in the South had its own flavor of dance/party music and that's exactly what those groups were for. We can't help that the South is larger and has mroe styles and therefore there's more of it from down here. You're criticizing nature Go look at a map and put 2 and 2 together b4 you throw shade.

Nobody pays homage to all the dope MCs from down here. Suave House, Dungeon Fam, CMR, Big Boy, No Limit, Rap-a-Lot, S.U.C. etc. all contributed amazing talent. What about them? They were the ones who truly brought the South to the top.

D4L, Ying Yang Twins, etc. were just rehashes of earlier Bounce, Miami Bass, Atlanta artists who were always the most popular Southern artists in the 80s/90s. If ringtones existed back then, Uncle Luke and The 69 Boyz would have been multi-platinum while 8Ball and MJG would barely be cracking gold. The more lyrical labels and groups were the ones who brought the often-ignored aspect of Southern rap to the forefront - and aspect that matched the popular sounds of the other regions. It just so happened that the South never lost its knack for producing dance music so we dominated both scenes.
The thing that gets me is all the artist they point out that so called k!lled "HIP HOP" are long gone... they didnt have a staple or anything in hip hop, so if they k!lled hip hop then hip hop was already on its death bed...
 5 years ago '10        #74
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433 OP
space
space
$49,867 | Props total: 13663 13663
shout out to erbody that contributed dope NYC/Eastcost sh*t in his thread, way too many to quote. Hip hop is a beautiful thing esp from the 90's. Props are being given
 5 years ago '10        #75
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433 OP
space
space
$49,867 | Props total: 13663 13663
Them NY hiphop/R&B mixes tho!

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

this prolly my fav tho, AZ The Don!

[video - click to view]

RIP 2 HEAV D!

[video - click to view]

WAIT!! IS THAT BIG L?

fu*k_the_east said:
You want a cookie n*gga?

I would make a comment about crushing your gal's and momma's pink cookies but nah your post and hate is so miniscule.

WifeRaperMagnus said:
Alright, I felt I gotta contribute to this thread being an emcee from NYC and growing up basking in what was the Golden Age of Hip Hop. In other words all these cats were my teachers.. From a musical standpoint, we can't let nostalgia blind us to what reality is. The 90's was the Golden Age because people were consuming this kind of music. In mass amounts. This was 'poppin' back then. Gangsta rap was pumped into the mainstream and it became more prominent for a time, but even then, NY n*ggas took that gangsta sh*t and made it their own. Yea they talked about slinging coke and shooting sh*t, but they did with style a panache. It still wasn't dumbed down. If you weren't someone atleast somewhat in the know, you wouldn't know what the fu*k they were saying. sh*t had substance, ya dig? But... Slowly... It started dumbing down... And people started to buy into that sh*t. Not necessarily cos they were stupid, but cos that's what they wanted to hear at the time. the 00's came in and we saw the rap game turn into a motherfu*king circus. But we still had SOME people holding it down. And also, alot of great artists came out of the 00's even if it was amidst the sh*tty sh*tty bullsh*t we were hearing. Some of us atleast heard it that way. Most folks liked it. It was simple to listen to and it was catchy and it had studio quality so fu*k it. Right? Well. Here's what I'm saying. Collectively, to bring Hip Hop back to it's higher standards of goodness, we need to collectively demand it. We need to support the n*ggas who WE feel actually are making quality music. Whether it's party rap, conscious rap, gangsta rap, etc. But GO OUT THERE. Support the n*ggas that you feel are good. And we'll have a second Golden Age on our hands. But this time it's gonna be a Renaissance.

TL;DR You want good Hip Hop, support the acts that you feel are good and get them to the top so they can churn out more good sh*t and we can have a 2nd Golden Age.
AMEN!

Ant McQueen said:
Yo, Bluecup...

The hook throwed me off, I thought it was Nice sangin that sh*t.

Dicemoney6 said:

Mic Gerinimo!!!!!
 5 years ago '07        #76
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 195 195
Since Jay is from NYC...

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #77
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,451 | Props total: 126 126
I ain't ready for this thread to die yet!

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #78
RICKS 7 heat pts
space
space
$1,859 | Props total: 46 46
Some dope tracks in here...

What ever happened to this dude?...

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

I wish WTC and BCC did more colabs...

[video - click to view]

New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
16 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
106 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
26 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
61 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
114 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy