UFC on FOX: Johnson vs Dodson Official Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
 82
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
96 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 61
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
99 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 53
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 46
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
78 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #61
thehammer 742 heat pts742
space
avatar space
space
$4,508 | Props total: 144 144
most people in here would p!ss their pants just sparring with Chuck Liddell, Lyoto Machida & Marco Ruas
 5 years ago '06        #62
Yung Dilla 1478 heat pts1478
space
avatar space
space
$54,882 | Props total: 25659 25659
 Grimey Gramz said:

[pic - click to view]




[pic - click to view]



Eastman and Sokoudjou would have to disagree with you.
yeah because they've been relevant so much lately lol. Rampage beat eastman when it meant something. Sokoudjou was always a failure we thought he would do something after lil nog but uhhhh nope ko ko ko ko ko lol
 5 years ago '12        #63
Gramz 516 heat pts516
space
avatar space
space
$15,185 | Props total: 7788 7788
Rampage has a puncher's chance but people forget Teixeira is a legit black belt in BJJ. I watched the man beat Dean Lister on points @ the 2009 ADCC.
 5 years ago '09        #64
Zaosyn 261 heat pts261 OP
space
avatar space
space
$14,068 | Props total: 1114 1114
I don't think Chuck is that scary, I sparred with my uncle one time in boxing gloves and he was a coke head too
 5 years ago '10        #65
rockyin4 14 heat pts14
space
avatar space
space
$6,061 | Props total: 440 440
My n*gga Koch gonna seal this title shot.

[pic - click to view]


20 minutes. I'm ready
 5 years ago '10        #66
DreDilla980 
space
avatar space
space
$1,675 | Props total: 28 28
youtube link for the first prelim??
 5 years ago '05        #67
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
avatar space
space
$15,420 | Props total: 4757 4757
i'm just sayin though; don't those gifs make Glover look like the perfect opponent for Rampage...a guy who will stand right in the pocket with his hands down and just swing away...
 5 years ago '09        #68
Zaosyn 261 heat pts261 OP
space
avatar space
space
$14,068 | Props total: 1114 1114
Youtube prelims added in original post
 5 years ago '12        #69
Gramz 516 heat pts516
space
avatar space
space
$15,185 | Props total: 7788 7788
 MysticKJ said:
i'm just sayin though; don't those gifs make Glover look like the perfect opponent for Rampage...a guy who will stand right in the pocket with his hands down and just swing away...
He has the wrestling and BJJ to turn the f!ght on him real quickly though. Especially if he can survive the early storm when Rampage is head hunting. He needs to make the f!ght a war of attrition. None of those dudes from Wolfslair can really grapple.

Rampage definitely has a shot if Glover feels like standing there in the pocket with him looping punches early on though.
 5 years ago '06        #70
Yung Dilla 1478 heat pts1478
space
avatar space
space
$54,882 | Props total: 25659 25659
Teixeira's Predictability

Glover Teixeira's performance was hardly faultless however - despite being touted by some as the future of the light heavyweight division Glover has shown little to no improvement between f!ghts. He opens every single f!ght the same way - walking his opponent down until they throw a punch then firing his right hand over the top just as he did to Maldonado. He did the exact same thing against Marvin Eastman, Kyle Kingsbury and every other f!ghter he's met. Furthermore the longer Glover's f!ghts go, the more one realizes that he has few other tricks to offer.

Glover will throw the occasional high kick but time and time again he comes back to leading with the overhand right. Glover Teixeira doesn't just have no jab, he actively avoids leading with his left hand.


Every single time Glover Teixeira attacks his opponent it is with the overhand right or occasionally a right hook to the body or a right uppercut. One of the reasons that his opponents can hang around so long even when hurt is that they know what is coming. As a f!ght progresses one can see Glover rapidly running out of ideas - such as when he began shooting single legs at Maldonado in hopes of finishing before Glover himself gassed. By the end of the second round Glover was chasing down the punch drunk Maldonado and throwing right hook - left hook over and over, occasionally landing. Were Glover to even occasionally jab, or lead with his left, or throw a kick or punch to a different target he would have been able to finish Maldonado decisively, but as it was yet another opponent was allowed to stick around far too long against Teixeira.

With the idea of a match with Quinton Jackson back on the table, Glover's insistence on leading with his right hand and his inability to mix up his striking may well make him the perfect opponent for Rampage to triumphantly knock out before retiring from MMA.

jack slack.......
 5 years ago '09        #71
Zaosyn 261 heat pts261 OP
space
avatar space
space
$14,068 | Props total: 1114 1114
Rampage has gotten up from much better grapplers than Mr. glover. I do not see how Glover keeps rampage down
 5 years ago '06        #72
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
avatar space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 Yung Dilla said:
Glover don't know what he asked for...

Two things to note

Glover took a big gulp swallow and he didn't say sh*t until rampage was away from him. Page in that n*gga head it's going down...
Rampage lookin good man, i mean it can go either way, but i think Rampage got this
 5 years ago '06        #73
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
avatar space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 Yung Dilla said:
Teixeira's Predictability

Glover Teixeira's performance was hardly faultless however - despite being touted by some as the future of the light heavyweight division Glover has shown little to no improvement between f!ghts. He opens every single f!ght the same way - walking his opponent down until they throw a punch then firing his right hand over the top just as he did to Maldonado. He did the exact same thing against Marvin Eastman, Kyle Kingsbury and every other f!ghter he's met. Furthermore the longer Glover's f!ghts go, the more one realizes that he has few other tricks to offer.

Glover will throw the occasional high kick but time and time again he comes back to leading with the overhand right. Glover Teixeira doesn't just have no jab, he actively avoids leading with his left hand.


Every single time Glover Teixeira attacks his opponent it is with the overhand right or occasionally a right hook to the body or a right uppercut. One of the reasons that his opponents can hang around so long even when hurt is that they know what is coming. As a f!ght progresses one can see Glover rapidly running out of ideas - such as when he began shooting single legs at Maldonado in hopes of finishing before Glover himself gassed. By the end of the second round Glover was chasing down the punch drunk Maldonado and throwing right hook - left hook over and over, occasionally landing. Were Glover to even occasionally jab, or lead with his left, or throw a kick or punch to a different target he would have been able to finish Maldonado decisively, but as it was yet another opponent was allowed to stick around far too long against Teixeira.

With the idea of a match with Quinton Jackson back on the table, Glover's insistence on leading with his right hand and his inability to mix up his striking may well make him the perfect opponent for Rampage to triumphantly knock out before retiring from MMA.

jack slack.......
one the worst habits a striker can have, is not lead with the jab
 5 years ago '06        #74
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
avatar space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 Zaosyn said:
Rampage has gotten up from much better grapplers than Mr. glover. I do not see how Glover keeps rampage down
this. Bones couldnt even keep him down
 5 years ago '10        #75
rockyin4 14 heat pts14
space
avatar space
space
$6,061 | Props total: 440 440
Tex looks like a bum swinger. So I do think that will play in Page's favor...the question is will Glover actually stand with Rampage? Also is Rampage just going to stand in one spot and try to counter?

 thehammer said:
most people in here would p!ss their pants just sparring with Chuck Liddell, Lyoto Machida & Marco Ruas


Last edited by rockyin4; 01-26-2013 at 03:31 PM..
 5 years ago '06        #76
Yung Dilla 1478 heat pts1478
space
avatar space
space
$54,882 | Props total: 25659 25659
 rockyin4 said:
Tex looks like a bum swinger. So I do think that will play in Page's favor...the question is will Glover actually stand with Rampage? Also is Rampage just going to stand in one spot and try to counter?
He sure as hell ain't taking rampage down unless he's hurt. People like to bring up the bader f!ght without bringing up the fact that rampage literally had no knees for support..
 5 years ago '09        #77
Zaosyn 261 heat pts261 OP
space
avatar space
space
$14,068 | Props total: 1114 1114
Prelims on
 5 years ago '06        #78
Yung Dilla 1478 heat pts1478
space
avatar space
space
$54,882 | Props total: 25659 25659
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah


[pic - click to view]

 5 years ago '10        #79
rockyin4 14 heat pts14
space
avatar space
space
$6,061 | Props total: 440 440

[pic - click to view]


Come on Shooto God
 5 years ago '12        #80
Gramz 516 heat pts516
space
avatar space
space
$15,185 | Props total: 7788 7788
Strong grapplers have always gave Rampage problems. The split decisions against Matt Lindland and Murilo Bustamante could have easily went the other way.

Ninja Rua got robbed.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 61
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
54 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 52
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
114 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 42
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 36
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
48 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 27
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
70 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 24
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
28 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 18
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
11 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 14
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
138 comments
2 days ago
@games
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy