most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
78 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
102 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #681
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,661 | Props total: 13779 13779
 Thee Yung Star said:
Only thing easier might be the mental aspect .. Football is brutal conditioning so that alone gives you a leg up in boxing .. but as far as the technical aspects .. how to punch/avoid a punch .. football don't do sh*t.
That's my point. Conditioning won't matter if you can't make it out of the first round.
 5 years ago '05        #682
Cee4our 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,824 | Props total: 57 57
 thehammer said:
1. How did this go from who would win a f!ght to who would be a better boxer. 2 totally different things.

2. Honestly you can't tell me a f!ghter who got by purely on athleticism or seen technically gifted f!ghters with sh*t athleticism and couldn't make it without that? of course being an athlete is going to help.
at first i thought he was a troll but now that i know hes been boxing for years...im thinking hes taken too much shots to the head.
 5 years ago '11        #683
thehammer 742 heat pts742
space
space
$4,508 | Props total: 144 144
Now we are talking rounds...this went from street f!ghts to boxing in a ring.

The original point made I'm pretty sure is that even a supreme athlete would be schooled by the lighter weight classes. So confused how it became this.
 5 years ago '05        #684
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 nightmare said:
boxing =/= MMA

even then having boxed myself, dudes who had an athletic background, had were better off than regular people from the rip
Who said boxing = MMA? The logic still applies. Stick an amateur in there (that played basketball, football, etc.) at a high level and you'll see him get worked in the cage. All the conditioning in the world means nothing if you can't check a kick or slip a punch.

nightmare said:
who said football? we are saying superior athletes in general

your narrow-minded view is fogging your entire argument
Being a superior athlete does not mean you can win f!ghts.
 5 years ago '11        #685
space
space
I mean he also called me out for saying they should watch boxing.

let me get my very clear point across.

The reason to watch MMA over kickboxing and boxing is because of dirty boxing and ground game where damage can be done. Glover was trading for Rampage for the majority of that round, then he went for a takedown, before even giving him a second to work they booed. Glover never stalled and was continuously doing damage. Them booing means they don't respect the ground game at all. A striking sport is for them, they weren't booing for a stall in action, they were booing because they wanted stand up.

I don't know if I've seen many Y.G. comments that aren't part of an argument.
 5 years ago '07        #686
Jago 1035 heat pts1035
space
space
space
$3,764 | Props total: 5528 5528
Well this thread certainly got interesting.

I'm not sure why some people in here think that having good conditioning means anything when you have no other skill to rely on. The average MMA f!ghter or boxer is in just as good of condition as any other athlete.

If we're talking about two guys on the street f!ghting, I don't think conditioning matters at all. Most street f!ghts don't last past 30 seconds.
 5 years ago '05        #687
Cee4our 1 heat pts
space
space
 Y.G. said:
Who said boxing = MMA? The logic still applies. Stick an amateur in there (that played basketball, football, etc.) at a high level and you'll see him get worked in the cage. All the conditioning in the world means nothing if you can't check a kick or slip a punch.

please show me 1 post where someone said the superior athlete would win a f!ght against a pro f!ghter...just one.
 5 years ago '11        #688
space
space
 Y.G. said:

WHO THE fu*k OTHER THAN YOU IS TALKING ABOUT THEM AT A HIGH LEVEL??!?!?! SOMEONE SAID ROGER HUERTA PUT A LINEBACKER TO WORK. NOONE IS DISAGREEING WITH YOU!!

typed in caps because thought you may be blind.
 5 years ago '05        #689
Cee4our 1 heat pts
space
space
 Jago said:

I'm not sure why some people in here think that having good conditioning means anything when you have no other skill to rely on. The average MMA f!ghter or boxer is in just as good of condition as any other athlete.

If we're talking about two guys on the street f!ghting, I don't think conditioning matters at all. Most street f!ghts don't last past 30 seconds.
thats not his point. hes saying that a pro athlete of any sport stands just as much of a chance in a f!ght against a pro f!ghter as a guy who drives an ice cream truck. im not saying a pro football player would beat an mma f!ghter, but if an ice cream truck driver has a 1% chance of beating a pro f!ghter, than a pro athlete has to be have at least a 2% chance.
 5 years ago '11        #690
space
space
 Jago said:

being stronger and faster (aka being an athlete) helps a lot though. The disadvantage of a football player would most likely be their chin from all the concussions.

if 2 no skilled bums are f!ghting I'm betting on the more athletic one.
 5 years ago '05        #691
Cee4our 1 heat pts
space
space
 thehammer said:
being stronger and faster (aka being an athlete) helps a lot though. The disadvantage of a football player would most likely be their chin from all the concussions.

if u followed yg's logic than roy nelson wouldnt benefit from getting in shape. he has mma skill and thats all that matters. i dont know y all these guys take PED's and TRT and sh*t if it doesnt matter at all. being a superior athlete doesnt help u win f!ghts.
 5 years ago '05        #692
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 thehammer said:
I mean he also called me out for saying they should watch boxing.

let me get my very clear point across.

The reason to watch MMA over kickboxing and boxing is because of dirty boxing and ground game where damage can be done. Glover was trading for Rampage for the majority of that round, then he went for a takedown, before even giving him a second to work they booed. Glover never stalled and was continuously doing damage. Them booing means they don't respect the ground game at all. A striking sport is for them, they weren't booing for a stall in action, they were booing because they wanted stand up.

I don't know if I've seen many Y.G. comments that aren't part of an argument.
There were take downs in other f!ghts on the card that weren't booed. I'm pretty sure if Glover would have went to work on the ground, the crowd wouldn't have booed.

Cee4our said:
thats not his point. hes saying that a pro athlete of any sport stands just as much of a chance in a f!ght against a pro f!ghter as a guy who drives an ice cream truck. im not saying a pro football player would beat an mma f!ghter, but if an ice cream truck driver has a 1% chance of beating a pro f!ghter, than a pro athlete has to be have at least a 2% chance.
I agree with that.
 5 years ago '11        #693
space
space
 Y.G. said:
There were take downs in other f!ghts on the card that weren't booed. I'm pretty sure if Glover would have went to work on the ground, the crowd wouldn't have booed.

I agree with that.
WHAT THE fu*k ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???

Rampages a.ss wasn't even on the ground before they started booing. Watch the f!ght again. you obviously are talking out your a.ss.
 5 years ago '05        #694
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Cee4our said:
if u followed yg's logic than roy nelson wouldnt benefit from getting in shape. he has mma skill and thats all that matters. i dont know y all these guys take PED's and TRT and sh*t if it doesnt matter at all. being a superior athlete doesnt help u win f!ghts.
1. Of course Roy being condition would help him.

2. Being a superior athlete in a different sport won't help you beat a professional f!ghter.

Not sure why you're trying to twist it and say that having athletically gifted f!ghter wouldn't have advantages over another f!ghter.
 5 years ago '06        #695
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 Jago said:

this is how i know you have never been in a f!ght
 5 years ago '11        #696
space
space
lol y.g. is arguing the athlete won't beat a pro f!ghter point against nobody.
 5 years ago '07        #697
Jago 1035 heat pts1035
space
space
space
$3,764 | Props total: 5528 5528
 thehammer said:

Naw, I think the biggest disadvantage of any athlete that doesn't participate in combat sports would be throwing a technically punch or kick.
 5 years ago '05        #698
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 thehammer said:
WHAT THE fu*k ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???

Rampages a.ss wasn't even on the ground before they started booing. Watch the f!ght again. you obviously are talking out your a.ss.
Why is this dude so angry?

And did the crowd not begin to boo when Glover was attempting his takedowns?
 5 years ago '06        #699
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 Y.G. said:
1. Of course Roy being condition would help him.

2. Being a superior athlete in a different sport won't help you beat a professional f!ghter.

Not sure why you're trying to twist it and say that having athletically gifted f!ghter wouldn't have advantages over another f!ghter.

this convo is dumb now, the original argument was can a lil n*gga who does MMA beat a regular big n*gga who doesnt train, why are twisting it?
 5 years ago '11        #700
space
space
 nightmare said:
this is how i know you have never been in a f!ght

I wouldn't disagree with him. Most street f!ghts is 2 losers loading up and missing haymakers.
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
99 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
135 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
177 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Biggie Smalls was Official South Side Compton Crip
60 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
59 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
75 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
202 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy