UFC on FOX: Johnson vs Dodson Official Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
 143
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
26 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 87
Kevin Hart X-mad card
73 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
 78
Steph Kegels
96 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 60
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
267 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #661
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,660 | Props total: 13769 13769
 Cee4our said:
wow.......ill just let u marinate in your stupidity.
So by your logic, a skilled linebacker should have no problem transitioning to boxing, muay thai or BJJ.
 5 years ago '05        #662
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,660 | Props total: 13769 13769
 thehammer said:
yes tackling and taking someone down would help in a f!ght.
Tackling on a football field is nothing like performing a take down in MMA.
 5 years ago '11        #663
thehammer 742 heat pts742
space
avatar space
space
$4,508 | Props total: 144 144
of course not. He isn't going against an MMA f!ghter or someone with any knowledge of the sport in his example. He said against some average guy who busses at applebees. Of course with 2 untrained f!ghters, the supreme athlete has the advantage. Jesus you argue over such retarded a.ss sh*t sometimes. Like this was a point that really needed to be discussed at length.


Last edited by thehammer; 01-27-2013 at 04:09 PM..
 5 years ago '10        #664
#JewLife 111 heat pts111
space
avatar space
space
$17,768 | Props total: 7343 7343
Texiera v. Gustafson?
 5 years ago '11        #665
thehammer 742 heat pts742
space
avatar space
space
$4,508 | Props total: 144 144
 Thee Yung Star said:
Texiera v. Gustafson?
he's already f!ghting Gegard Mousasi in April.


Theirs a few options:
Shogun: Doubt they will use him as a gatekeeper twice in a row though

Phil Davis: Would be a great f!ght between 2 of the top contenders in the UFC. A win over either would put them right into title contention.

Ryan Bader: Put himself back in the LHW mix with the sub last night. Probably will never will be a top 5 LHW but is still a tough f!ght and a top 10 LHW.

all 3 those guys need f!ghts and would do something for Glovers career.
 5 years ago '06        #666
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
avatar space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 Y.G. said:
Why? Because he tackles people? I'm sure that skill will help him when he's being punched in the face. Classic Boxden logic.
a person is who highly physically fit, is going to fare better than a normal not athletic person
 5 years ago '06        #667
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
avatar space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 Y.G. said:
So by your logic, a skilled linebacker should have no problem transitioning to boxing, muay thai or BJJ.
more so than a regular person
 5 years ago '05        #668
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,660 | Props total: 13769 13769
 thehammer said:
of course not. He isn't going against an MMA f!ghter or someone with any knowledge of the sport in his example. He said against some average guy who busses at applebees. Of course with 2 untrained f!ghters, the supreme athlete has the advantage. Jesus you argue over such retarded a.ss sh*t sometimes. Like this was a point that really needed to be discussed at length.
His example was about Roger Huerta f!ghting a linebacker. I'm pretty sure he's an "MMA f!ghter."
 5 years ago '06        #669
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
avatar space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 thehammer said:
of course not. He isn't going against an MMA f!ghter or someone with any knowledge of the sport in his example. He said against some average guy who busses at applebees. Of course with 2 untrained f!ghters, the supreme athlete has the advantage. Jesus you argue over such retarded a.ss sh*t sometimes. Like this was a point that really needed to be discussed at length.
he must be a troll
 5 years ago '06        #670
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
avatar space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 Y.G. said:
His example was about Roger Huerta f!ghting a linebacker. I'm pretty sure he's an "MMA f!ghter."
that example stemmed from asking if John Dodson and Mighty Mouse could beat a regular dude on the street who was over 200 lbs
 5 years ago '06        #671
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
avatar space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 thehammer said:
he's already f!ghting Gegard Mousasi in April.


Theirs a few options:
Shogun: Doubt they will use him as a gatekeeper twice in a row though

Phil Davis: Would be a great f!ght between 2 of the top contenders in the UFC. A win over either would put them right into title contention.

Ryan Bader: Put himself back in the LHW mix with the sub last night. Probably will never will be a top 5 LHW but is still a tough f!ght and a top 10 LHW.

all 3 those guys need f!ghts and would do something for Glovers career.
this.
 5 years ago '05        #672
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,660 | Props total: 13769 13769
 nightmare said:
a person is who highly physically fit, is going to fare better than a normal not athletic person
I box. Have done so for years. I've sparred with plenty of dudes who played on D1 teams, football and basketball. Most of them were beginners. They weren't better than any other amateur just starting out.
 5 years ago '05        #673
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,660 | Props total: 13769 13769
Dudes with not one amateur f!ght under their belts saying it's easier to f!ght if you played football.


Last edited by Y.G.; 01-27-2013 at 04:42 PM..
 5 years ago '10        #674
#JewLife 111 heat pts111
space
avatar space
space
$17,768 | Props total: 7343 7343
 Y.G. said:
Dudes with not one amateur f!ght under their belts saying it's easier to f!ght if you played football.
Only thing easier might be the mental aspect .. Football is brutal conditioning so that alone gives you a leg up in boxing .. but as far as the technical aspects .. how to punch/avoid a punch .. football don't do sh*t.
 5 years ago '06        #675
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
avatar space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 Y.G. said:
I box. Have done so for years. I've sparred with plenty of dudes who played on D1 teams, football and basketball. Most of them were beginners. They weren't better than any other amateur just starting out.
boxing =/= MMA

even then having boxed myself, dudes who had an athletic background, had were better off than regular people from the rip
 5 years ago '06        #676
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
avatar space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 Y.G. said:
Dudes with not one amateur f!ght under their belts saying it's easier to f!ght if you played football.
who said football? we are saying superior athletes in general

your narrow-minded view is fogging your entire argument
 01-27-2013, 04:48 PM         #677
Alexein Aner 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Football conditioning could/will hinder your boxing. Boxing isn't about muscle mass, r*pe & rigidity. Stubenville. E.g. Robert Guerrero.

edit: Just seen the above, disregard my comment.
 5 years ago '06        #678
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
avatar space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 EskimoTV said:
Football conditioning could/will hinder your boxing. Boxing isn't about muscle mass, r*pe & rigidity. Stubenville. E.g. Robert Guerrero.

edit: Just seen the above, disregard my comment.
point is that someone who is more conditioned/athletic will be a better f!ghter from the rip
 5 years ago '05        #679
Cee4our 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,824 | Props total: 57 57
ok so in a f!ght...who ya got?!?!?!

bill nye the science guy vs. allen iverson

neither have trained mma....similar sizes. im going bill nye cuz he'd use science to confuse allen and then punch him in the throat.
 5 years ago '11        #680
thehammer 742 heat pts742
space
avatar space
space
$4,508 | Props total: 144 144
1. How did this go from who would win a f!ght to who would be a better boxer. 2 totally different things.

2. Honestly you can't tell me a f!ghter who got by purely on athleticism or seen technically gifted f!ghters with sh*t athleticism and couldn't make it without that? of course being an athlete is going to help.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 44
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
113 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 41
joie chavis
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 37
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
111 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 24
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 20
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
73 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 18
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
30 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 17
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
116 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 13
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
107 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy