Jan 24 - Dems Reintroduce ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban (and List Shows It’s Not Just Rifles):

most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
202 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
58 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #121
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 KFrizzle said:
Reagan owned an AR-15

I think in 94' dude was mentally gone, idk maybe not that soon
Reagan owned an AR-15? If by owned, you mean it was given to him as a gift in 1992 by the a.ssC and placed in a museum then yea. Here's the magazine showing it

Let me guess, you heard on some conservative blog that Reagan owned an AR-15 and never decided to look up why.

So let me get this right, he was out of his mind in 1994 when he wrote letters for gun control. But he was perfectly fine in 1992 when he received gifts from the ASCC?

If he was fine in 1992, he must've been fine in 1989 when he said people shouldn't own AK-47 and machine guns.

Was he mentally gone in 1986 when he passed the Firearms Owner Protection Act which banned ownership of fully auto weapons if they weren't registered before 1986?

Was he mentally gone in 1967 when he signed the Mulford Act which prohibited the carrying of loaded firearms in California?

Last edited by Kadillac87; 01-24-2013 at 11:57 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #122
dog4life 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,613 | Props total: 286 286
 Kadillac87 said:
Police showed up with a minute in both the Aurora and Sandy Hook shootings. That's a pretty fast response time. You can k!ll 20 ppl before anybody has a chance to stop you, that's the problem with the a.ssault weapons.

You keep saying the laws make it tougher on law abiding citizens as if most guns in crimes aren't purchased legally and then transferred illegally. If you can't stop the crazy people from getting guns, you can at least try to stop the most lethal weapons from falling into their hands.
he didn't use a.ssualt weapons in sandy hooks only pistols.
 5 years ago '10        #123
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,866 | Props total: 13660 13660
 Mr AirRic said:
cant we do both?
good idea

Im tired of hearing about the senseless mass & individual k!llings due to gun violence but I distrust the govt's intentions. I'm not even speaking on some conspiracy sh*t because history, has shown and proven over and over again that the govt keep a trick up their sleve. If they can't retrieve all "dangerous" gun from both law abiding citizens & criminals then I think this is futile.

Very valid points on both sides
 5 years ago '09        #124
KNerd 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$524 | Props total: 1 1
 Hovi Bryant said:
Someone that has a small arm with a small mag is just as deadly with large capacity weapon? Really? We're trying to equate that?
In the proper hands absolutely. I've noticed a lot of people here who talk in absolutes like you have ZERO understanding of how guns operate and react in the real world. Guns are not like what you see in movies and on TV. People who've never shot guns seem to think its easy to be marksman accurate on the move with a pistol at 50 yards. Since the vast majority of the people in here haven't handled guns like that I think it's hilarious when they try and say whats deadlier like they know.
 5 years ago '05        #125
GodzMustBeCrazy 31 heat pts31
space
space
$6,060 | Props total: 699 699
 Kadillac87 said:
You comparison fails seeing how much cars are regulated. Speed limits, seat belts, driver license, etc. And also, cars sold in the US have an electronically limited top speed for safety.
You are a fu*king idiot and your argument fails simply becaue you can just go to the store and pick up a fully auto Mac10 or any other fully auto anything. The guns you show can only be bought semi-auto, and can only fire as fast as you can pull the trigger just like any other pistol. In order to purchase a legal transferable fully automatic weapon it must have been made prior to the 1986 ban. And you still have to register it as a class 3 and with BAFTA which takes 8-12 months. On top of that legally transferable ones cost anywhere from $3,000 - $20,000 so shut the fu*k up until you know what the fu*k you are talking about
 5 years ago '05        #126
GST 
space
space
$14,827 | Props total: 2396 2396
 GodzMustBeCrazy said:
You are a fu*king idiot and your argument fails simply becaue you can just go to the store and pick up a fully auto Mac10 or any other fully auto anything. The guns you show can only be bought semi-auto, and can only fire as fast as you can pull the trigger just like any other pistol. In order to purchase a legal transferable fully automatic weapon it must have been made prior to the 1986 ban. And you still have to register it as a class 3 and with BAFTA which takes 8-12 months. On top of that legally transferable ones cost anywhere from $3,000 - $20,000 so shut the fu*k up until you know what the fu*k you are talking about
idk but for some reason i feel like you just hurt the cause with that one
 5 years ago '05        #127
space
space
 GST said:
idk but for some reason i feel like you just hurt the cause with that one
How so? By stating the truth? Dude was posting videos of fully automatic guns as of you could walk to the gun store and purchase one... When the the weapons in the videos that he posted are already heavily regulated.

The right to bare arms is in the constitution so the citizens can protect themselves from their own government. Hence the Revolutionary War. So yes I believe that a law abiding citizen should be able to purchase and own whatever kind of firearm they choose. I'm not against stricter background checks and having to go through a FFL transfer for private sales.

One thing I know for a fact is that no ban will take the guns away from criminals.
 5 years ago '11        #128
space
space
 GodzMustBeCrazy said:

It pays to read through the thread first before jumping in it like captain save a ho 10 hrs later. Yes you can't buy a fully auto, thanks to Reagan's 1986 legislation. I have already admitted a made that mistake, but are you trying make the case that semi auto can't dump large amount of ammo in secs? Are you trying to make the case that semi autos aren't more lethal?

From the Aurora tape, you can hear the shooter 30 shots in 27 secs. And this is from an untrained civilian. As demonstrate below, you can let off a lot more

[video - click to view]

Not only can you use conversion kits to make semi auto behave like fully auto, you can also use bump fire

[video - click to view]

Not only can you shoot at higher rate, wound ballistics show bullets from these weapons are much more deadly than a common handgun.

[video - click to view]

Long video but it pretty much compares the damage one can inflict with a pistol vs a semi auto. A semi auto is much more likely to cause lethal damage

Question, do you think the shooter in aurora and sandy hook could cause as much damage as they did in a minute with a regular handgun with a standard clip?

Last edited by Kadillac87; 01-25-2013 at 08:08 AM..
 01-25-2013, 08:09 AM         #129
dusneed 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kadillac87 said:
Show me where it distinguished that on that ATF website? Maybe I overlooked it. I'm pretty sure you only need a license when it comes to fully auto. And as you guys have already pointed out, these a.ssault weapons are not fully auto.
Therein lies the issue, a long gun isn't "assault" rifles you are thinking of.
 5 years ago '11        #130
space
space
 dog4life said:
he didn't use a.ssualt weapons in sandy hooks only pistols.
The medical examiner stated most victims were k!lled by the bushmaster rifle
 01-25-2013, 08:18 AM         #131
dusneed 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KNerd said:
In the proper hands absolutely. I've noticed a lot of people here who talk in absolutes like you have ZERO understanding of how guns operate and react in the real world. Guns are not like what you see in movies and on TV. People who've never shot guns seem to think its easy to be marksman accurate on the move with a pistol at 50 yards. Since the vast majority of the people in here haven't handled guns like that I think it's hilarious when they try and say whats deadlier like they know.
Amen! I've converted a few shoot them in the leg types. At the end of the day the issue is that these nuts are committing horrible crimes and they're not addressing that much, they're just addressing the tool.
 5 years ago '11        #132
space
space
 dusneed said:
Therein lies the issue, a long gun isn't "assault" rifles you are thinking of.
Like I said before, show me on the ATF website where they distinguish rifles. It just says rifles, which means all. It doesn't say hunting rifle or a.ssualt rifle. An AR is still a rifle. I could be wrong though.
 5 years ago '10        #133
Mr Nerdy Fresh 
space
space
$60 | Props total: 0 0
I got what KFrizzle was trying to say about cars and guns, basically saying why have a car that goes over the speed limit if its illegal? Who need a car to go "115mph"? Thats a deadly speed if used improperly. It is a reach but its the truth.
How about we look at guns bans in history D.C. banned guns in 1976 In the years following its ban, Washington did not generate a decline in gun murders. In fact, the number of k!llings rose by 156 percent — at a time when murders nationally increased by just 32 percent. For a while, the city vied regularly for the title of murder capital of America.

Then we go to Chicago 1982 Chicago followed a similar course. In the decade after it outlawed handguns, murders jumped by 41 percent, compared with an 18 percent rise in the entire United States.

One problem is that the bans didn't actually have any discernible effect on the availability of guns to people with felonious intent. As with drugs and hookers, when there is a demand for guns, there will always be a supply.

Who places the highest value on owning a firearm? Criminals. Who is least likely to fear being prosecuted for violating the law? Criminals. Who is most likely to have access to illicit dealers? You guessed it

same article from above.

I know you're probably saying those are handguns, you're correct HANDGUNS are whats k!lling people who are going to commit deadly crimes no matter what. So why ban said "Assault Rifles" ? I tell you why it will start there and end on ban all guns if Feinstein gets her way.

Exercise your mind all I challenge you
New Jersey – In 1996 New Jersey passed what was considered to be the most stringent gun laws in the USA. Two years later their murder rate went up 46% and their robbery rate about doubled.

Hawaii – In 1968 Hawaii passed harsh gun laws. At the time of the legislation their murder rate was 2.4 per 100,000 per year. Nine years later their murder rate had tripled to 7.2 per 100,000.

Last edited by Mr Nerdy Fresh; 01-25-2013 at 10:10 AM.. Reason: link
 01-25-2013, 10:24 AM         #134
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That's one ugly broad. God damn.
 5 years ago '11        #135
space
space
 Mr Nerdy Fresh said:
I got what KFrizzle was trying to say about cars and guns, basically saying why have a car that goes over the speed limit if its illegal? Who need a car to go "115mph"? Thats a deadly speed if used improperly. It is a reach but its the truth.
How about we look at guns bans in history D.C. banned guns in 1976 In the years following its ban, Washington did not generate a decline in gun murders. In fact, the number of k!llings rose by 156 percent — at a time when murders nationally increased by just 32 percent. For a while, the city vied regularly for the title of murder capital of America.

Then we go to Chicago 1982 Chicago followed a similar course. In the decade after it outlawed handguns, murders jumped by 41 percent, compared with an 18 percent rise in the entire United States.

One problem is that the bans didn't actually have any discernible effect on the availability of guns to people with felonious intent. As with drugs and hookers, when there is a demand for guns, there will always be a supply.

Who places the highest value on owning a firearm? Criminals. Who is least likely to fear being prosecuted for violating the law? Criminals. Who is most likely to have access to illicit dealers? You guessed it

same article from above.

I know you're probably saying those are handguns, you're correct HANDGUNS are whats k!lling everybody in people who are going to commit deadly crimes no matter what. So why ban said "Assault Rifles" if they k!ll far less people?

Exercise your mind Kadillac87 I challenge you
New Jersey – In 1996 New Jersey passed what was considered to be the most stringent gun laws in the USA. Two years later their murder rate went up 46% and their robbery rate about doubled.

Hawaii – In 1968 Hawaii passed harsh gun laws. At the time of the legislation their murder rate was 2.4 per 100,000 per year. Nine years later their murder rate had tripled to 7.2 per 100,000.

You citing a law in 1982 in Chicago? You know what happened in the mid 80s right that caused crime to jump everywhere don't you? You're trying to attribute a jump in crime to a handgun ban and you're gonna ignore the crack epidemic that caused crime to jump everywhere in urban areas?

Anyway, beside the point, city bans do not work be because as I have stated before, you can still buy guns legally from surrounding towns.

Then you cite the NJ law in 1996. News flash, NJ enacted a.ssualt weapon ban in 1990. What happened in 1996 was the law extended to semi auto. You cite the murder rate went up because of this law? Do you have proof that gun violence from semi auto and a.ssualt rifles went up or just the murder rate in general? You know people still can murder with handguns, knifes, and bare hands. You haven't provided any stats to prove the 1996 law was the cause of murder rate. Sorry, correlation does not mean causation. Maybe you should cite the stat of crimes using semi autos and a.ssualt weapons after the laws was passed for a better picture.

Then you cite "harsh laws" in Hawaii in 1968. Tell me what were the details of those harsh laws they enacted. People always say harsh measures were imposed but never cite the measure.

Now I challenge you to exercise your mind.

01-25-2013, 10:33 AM         #136
TIP2009 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
those who know the law...pick up a gun, shoot this fu*k in the head, then the first monkey and his wife...

when you go to court, you were under duress for your consitutional rights being taken, you are allowed to strike, or even k!ll an officer of the law if he or she is trying to act tyrannical on you, therefore, you're innocent....I'll shoot the first monkey in a heartbeat...he's a treasonous piece of sh*t anyway. fu*k muslims.
 5 years ago '05        #137
space
space
 Kadillac87 said:

It pays to read through the thread first before jumping in it like captain save a ho 10 hrs later. Yes you can't buy a fully auto, thanks to Reagan's 1986 legislation. I have already admitted a made that mistake, but are you trying make the case that semi auto can't dump large amount of ammo in secs? Are you trying to make the case that semi autos aren't more lethal?

From the Aurora tape, you can hear the shooter 30 shots in 27 secs. And this is from an untrained civilian. As demonstrate below, you can let off a lot more

Not only can you use conversion kits to make semi auto behave like fully auto, you can also use bump fire

Not only can you shoot at higher rate, wound ballistics show bullets from these weapons are much more deadly than a common handgun.

Long video but it pretty much compares the damage one can inflict with a pistol vs a semi auto. A semi auto is much more likely to cause lethal damage

Question, do you think the shooter in aurora and sandy hook could cause as much damage as they did in a minute with a regular handgun with a standard clip?
Dude, I'm not going to go thru 8 pages of your bullsh*t to see if you admitted your mistake...I'm well aware of bump fire, I have a SlideFire stock on my AK74, however I don't plan on shooting up and k!lling innocent people. Just because a few dumb fu*ks goes ape sh*t shouldn't require me giving up my constitutional right to bear arms. That right is intended for the people to be able to protect themselves from the government. Therefore we the people should be able to own the same style of weapons that our government has if we choose to.

And yes, with practice you can slap a magazine in a pistol pretty fu*king fast and inflict mass casualities on children. Aurora dude used a shotgun so that is why so many were wounded.

Last edited by GodzMustBeCrazy; 01-25-2013 at 11:22 AM..
 5 years ago '11        #138
Metrex 
space
space
$23 | Props total: 0 0
What's the deal on if you own these types of weapons already? Also, I feel like this whole knee jerk reaction is ridiculous. No one gave a fu*k before Sandyhook but now all of a sudden these weapons are the devil and the government is trying to rush measures to control a category of weapon that is not commonly used in murders and crime in general.
 5 years ago '11        #139
space
space
 Metrex said:
What's the deal on if you own these types of weapons already? Also, I feel like this whole knee jerk reaction is ridiculous. No one gave a fu*k before Sandyhook but now all of a sudden these weapons are the devil and the government is trying to rush measures to control a category of weapon that is not commonly used in murders and crime in general.
Nobody cared before Sandy Hook? Are you sure about that. I'm pretty sure there was a lot of a.ssualt weapon legislation in the 90s. They just expired.
 5 years ago '10        #140
Mr Nerdy Fresh 
space
space
$60 | Props total: 0 0
 Kadillac87 said:

You citing a law in 1982 in Chicago? You know what happened in the mid 80s right that caused crime to jump everywhere don't you? You're trying to attribute a jump in crime to a handgun ban and you're gonna ignore the crack epidemic that caused crime to jump everywhere in urban areas?

Anyway, beside the point, city bans do not work be because as I have stated before, you can still buy guns legally from surrounding towns.

Then you cite the NJ law in 1996. News flash, NJ enacted a.ssualt weapon ban in 1990. What happened in 1996 was the law extended to semi auto. You cite the murder rate went up because of this law? Do you have proof that gun violence from semi auto and a.ssualt rifles went up or just the murder rate in general? You know people still can murder with handguns, knifes, and bare hands. You haven't provided any stats to prove the 1996 law was the cause of murder rate. Sorry, correlation does not mean causation. Maybe you should cite the stat of crimes using semi autos and a.ssualt weapons after the laws was passed for a better picture.

Then you cite "harsh laws" in Hawaii in 1968. Tell me what were the details of those harsh laws they enacted. People always say harsh measures were imposed but never cite the measure.

Now I challenge you to exercise your mind.

Bottom line is you cant stop DRUGS.
You wont stop people who want to harm people with guns. All you will do is take guns from law abiding citizens.
Show me where those said "assault rifle" k!ll mass people other than Sandy Hook and Aurora?
Lets take a look abroad shall we?
Nations with stringent anti-gun laws generally have substantially higher murder rates than those that do not. The study found that the nine European nations with the lowest rates of gun ownership (5,000 or fewer guns per 100,000 population) have a combined murder rate three times higher than that of the nine nations with the highest rates of gun ownership (at least 15,000 guns per 100,000 population).

For example, Norway has the highest rate of gun ownership in Western Europe, yet possesses the lowest murder rate. In contrast, Holland's murder rate is nearly the worst, despite having the lowest gun ownership rate in Western Europe. Sweden and Denmark are two more examples of nations with high murder rates but few guns.

Finally, and as if to prove the bumper sticker correct - that "gun don't k!ll people, people do" - the study also shows that Russia's murder rate is four times higher than the U.S. and more than 20 times higher than Norway. This, in a country that practically eradicated private gun ownership over the course of decades of totalitarian rule and police state methods of suppression. Needless to say, very few Russian murders involve guns

Instead of banning them how about we look at Norway and ask them what they are doing differently ? Then you that would put you back to Jails(Corporately owned where they only care about the profits not rehabilitation) Health/Education(both US systems are profit based). Can't do that why beacuse you have career politicians who only care about what PROFITS.

Last edited by Mr Nerdy Fresh; 01-25-2013 at 11:36 AM.. Reason: misspell
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
41 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
216 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
38 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
145 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
36 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
137 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
55 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy