Is It Safe To Say Anthony Davis Is A Glorified Role Player

most viewed right now
Video inside Drake - talk is cheap feat aaliyah (leaked) fire!!!!
102 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jim Jones Responds To Cam'ron: You A F*ck Boy With No Honor
90 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I imagine these being the best b0obs, ever
64 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Warriors Coach Steve Kerr admits to smoking marijuana in the past year
88 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

2 years ago '05        #641
chi town hustla 168 heat pts168
space
space
$14,821 | Props total: 8990 8990
This is what makes this thread so funny

T.O.N.Y. said:

and damien should have been the number 1 pick.

next season n*ggas will be kicking his back in and ill just be rebumping this thread
This thread is being bumped but for the exact opposite reason

U made that statement so self a.ssured 2

If AD was to ever grace this thread this would be the goat thread of bx until the end of time literally
DribblingErrday gave props

2 years ago '13        #642
Impeccable 198 heat pts198
space
space
space
$14,648 | Props total: 11 11
 Based Nobleman said:
Lol are you describing your own homos3xual fantasies?

You feed inmates for a living and ur fat
 2 years ago '10        #643
LORD PLISSKEN 15 heat pts15
space
space
$20,919 | Props total: 7623 7623
Everytime i come n the sports section n see this bumped i crack up, op talkin out his as*hole
 2 years ago '07        #644
MiseryCityTexas 16 heat pts16
space
space
$18,632 | Props total: 2214 2214
Davis hoops like a less athletic version of prime Kevin Garnett that is a better shot blocker, and is not as a good a one on one defender as KG was.
 2 years ago '07        #645
space
space
 Rico23 said:
Less Athletic?
Yes Kg was much more athletic than current Anthony Davis. KG dunked on Hakeem Olajuwon and Kevin Willis at the same time back in the mid 90s, and who could forget his dunk on Raef Lafrentz? KG in his absolute prime was a freakish athlete.
 2 years ago '07        #646
space
space
KG was also a much more versatile player than AD currently is. KG could start at all three frontcourt positions on the floor. He started his career playing small forward when the T Wolves already had natural power forward Tom Gugliotta, then he started at power forward in most of his prime seasons (MVP year), and starts at center in his OG past his prime years.
 2 years ago '07        #647
space
space
 Rico23 said:
u gotta be kidding me

They have the same athleticism at worst...and 1 of your main "arguments" defense u have is that KG once dunked on Hakeem, Kevin Willis, and Raef LaFrentz?????

never mind the fact that AD has both the lateral quickness to play the 3-5 if need be...or the fact that he runs the floor like a gazelle ...or that fact that he can jump just as high and as quick as prime kg, and he has decent guard size handles seeing as how he was a guard before his growth spurt that came suddenly

....yea this is the thread that keeps on giving
AD can't play at center without getting injured. AD is still too frail and skinny to play other positions on the level that prime KG has played in. Kg had a much better mid range game than AD. KG had a much better post-up back to basket game than AD. KG was more athletic than AD, and like I said before KG was a waaaaaay better one on one defender than AD. I never seen AD play the small forward position in the NBA. At one point KG was right up there with Duncan for best power forward in the NBA. KG is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than AD in terms of defensive intensity. AD still has a long way to go before he reaches prime Duncan, and prime KG's level.
 2 years ago '07        #648
space
space
Kevin Garnett was also a much better Rebounder than AD, and are equals when it comes to facing up in the post.
 2 years ago '05        #649
THEINFAMOUS 15 heat pts15
space
space
$44,502 | Props total: 5019 5019
 MiseryCityTexas said:
Yes Kg was much more athletic than current Anthony Davis. KG dunked on Hakeem Olajuwon and Kevin Willis at the same time back in the mid 90s, and who could forget his dunk on Raef Lafrentz? KG in his absolute prime was a freakish athlete.
 2 years ago '07        #650
space
space
 Rico23 said:
1)AD is not in his prime yet so the sky is the limit
2)He's still Bulking
3)KG never played a lot of Center
4)You're bringing up a bunch of sh*t that has nothing to do with the original topic(how AD is supposedly so less athletic)
5)plz stop posting

Did you even watch the 2011-2012 NBA season? He started at center throughout most of that season and was a defensive player of the year candidate. I'm done arguing with you because you don't even know your sh*t.
 2 years ago '07        #651
space
space
 THEINFAMOUS said:
Most of you idiots on here never even seen KG when he played in the 95-96, and 96-97 NBA seasons. KG was dunking on centers, power forwards, and was driving past small forwards left and right. Most of you guys didn't start watching NBA ball until the late 90s/ early 2000s.
 2 years ago '05        #652
THEINFAMOUS 15 heat pts15
space
space
$44,502 | Props total: 5019 5019
 MiseryCityTexas said:
Most of you idiots on here never even seen KG when he played in the 95-96, and 96-97 NBA seasons. KG was dunking on centers, power forwards, and was driving past small forwards left and right. Most of you guys didn't start watching NBA ball until the late 90s/ early 2000s.
I been watching basketball my whole life. KG was a beast in his prime. But you're saying he's more athletic than AD cuz he was dunking on dudes KG wasn't leading the league in blocks like AD is now. And i'd say AD is WAY more athletic
 2 years ago '07        #653
space
space
 THEINFAMOUS said:
I been watching basketball my whole life. KG was a beast in his prime. But you're saying he's more athletic than AD cuz he was dunking on dudes KG wasn't leading the league in blocks like AD is now. And i'd say AD is WAY more athletic
Anthony Davis has a much longer, and much bigger wingspan than KG also. That's pretty much the biggest reason why he can block more shots than Garnett. AD simply has more longer arms than KG.
 2 years ago '07        #654
space
space
 Rico23 said:
U dont even know what the fu*k you're arguing about anymore...we were not discussing flabby and sick KG, we have been discussing early seasons/prime KG....

just fu*kin log off
That's a bullsh*t a.ss excuse, and on top of that, T Wolves used to play Garnett at center during situational matchups all the time also back in the day.
 2 years ago '14        #655
504 314 heat pts314
space
space
$4,829 | Props total: 6821 6821
 MiseryCityTexas said:
Did you even watch the 2011-2012 NBA season? He started at center throughout most of that season and was a defensive player of the year candidate. I'm done arguing with you because you don't even know your sh*t.
one season means he played Center a lot?
 2 years ago '07        #656
space
space
 504 said:
one season means he played Center a lot?
T Wolves used to play Garnett at center during sitautional matchups after they traded Dean Garrett away to Denver back in the late 90s. They used to move Garnett from Small Forward to center and bring sam Mitchell off the bench of play sf, and kept Googs at pf.

Last edited by MiseryCityTexas; 04-20-2015 at 01:24 PM..
 2 years ago '07        #657
space
space
 Rico23 said:
So because u cant stick to ONE FUKIN TOPIC at a time without bringing up irrelevant bullsh*t, it means i'm making up bullsh*t excuses?

someone get this guy a snickers ASAP
That sh*t ain't irrelevant at all. Garnett was just a much better overall player than AD is CURRENTLY and it's the truth. KG had a much better post up game than AD. He was a better one on one defender, he was a better rebounder, KG was a much better passer than AD, he was more athletic than AD, and KG can play all three positions on the floor while AD can only play two. AD and KG are just about equal when it comes to the face up game though.
 2 years ago '13        #658
solidsnake1864 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$14,398 | Props total: 27 27
 MiseryCityTexas said:
That sh*t ain't irrelevant at all. Garnett was just a much better overall player than AD is CURRENTLY and it's the truth. KG had a much better post up game than AD. He was a better one on one defender, he was a better rebounder, KG was a much better passer than AD, he was more athletic than AD, and KG can play all three positions on the floor while AD can only play two. AD and KG are just about equal when it comes to the face up game though.
He wasn't a "much better overall player than AD currently is" and AD can play 3 positions if he needed too.

2 years ago '07        #659
space
space
 solidsnake1864 said:
He wasn't a "much better overall player than AD currently is" and AD can play 3 positions if he needed too.

That was a fast typo reply fu*kboy.
 2 years ago '13        #660
solidsnake1864 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$14,398 | Props total: 27 27
 MiseryCityTexas said:
That was a fast typo reply fu*kboy.
feelings caught and no reply to facts so point out a typo
Home      

most viewed right now
CAM'RON explains y he dont rock with that dirtbag JIM JONES anymore. Speaks on..
188 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 1 - woman knocked unconscious in Kroger baking aisle for asking ho..
123 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NFL Steelers LB James Harrison Gets Hit With His 7th "Random" Drug Test This Y..
77 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
audio inside J. Cole - False Prophets
172 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside I Watched The Funniest Standup Special Since Dave Chappelle's Killing E..
194 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside J Cole ethers Lil Yatchy
271 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chef Sharpens $1 Knife Making It As Good As A $1000 Knife
59 comments
1 day ago