Is It Safe To Say Anthony Davis Is A Glorified Role Player

most viewed right now
Video inside Mulann Milla: I Knocked Young MA Out When We Fought! (Young MA Is Fakin..
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Zombie Pr0stitute & 10 Others Arrested for Pr0stitution (Myrtle Be..
67 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA This Nigga still can't produce a Son
82 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Biggest Disappointment So Far in the East?
60 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

2 years ago '07        #461
timdog 733 heat pts733
space
space
$25,868 | Props total: 3694 3694
why is the thread not stickied?
 2 years ago '11        #462
Dray 1101 heat pts1101
space
space
$55,632 | Props total: 14867 14867
 timdog said:
why is the thread not stickied?
@ are you embarrassed that it might reflect boxden?? perception is reality right??
Zoeland Soulja gave props

2 years ago '04        #463
nwo504 30 heat pts30
space
space
$11,174 | Props total: 2280 2280
 2 years ago '11        #464
Dray 1101 heat pts1101
space
space
27 points 14 rebounds

[pic - click to view]

NYLAKERFANSTOPIT @
 2 years ago '05        #465
chi town hustla 169 heat pts169
space
space
$14,881 | Props total: 9144 9144
 raw51188 said:
Haven't been in this thread on the regular, but I appreciate being mentioned to bring me back into the discussion. Happy to be here Bob.

As I've always said, Davis can play on my team any day, great all around player, he's def in my starting 5.

But I'd never build a team around him because he's not a great half court player. You can't give him the ball on the block and tell him to get you a bucket in crunch time, or anytime for that matter. Dude is simply a decent pick and pop shooter, a great defender, and a solid passer. He runs the floor great, he rim runs the best in the league, and dude is only gonna get better. But with all that being said, the fact that his game is so limited in the half court, I just would not build a team around him. Me and my homie were discussing this very issue the other day, and e came to the conclusion that Davis is kg on defense, and prime amare on offense.

But to be honest, he's got no post game, less than Blake, and I think blakes a better face up player with better handles and better passing ability. Only thing David does better offensively is hit the jumper off the pick n pop.

So while he's not a glorified role player, I still don't think your franchise player can be a big with a limited half court game. Wouldn't build a team around Blake, or amare, or Davis.
That back to the basket game is dead in the nba, it's all about stretching the floor n that is ad game n that is what makes him a franchise player with all his other attributes
 2 years ago '06        #466
raw51188 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,606 | Props total: 0 0
 chi town hustla said:
That back to the basket game is dead in the nba, it's all about stretching the floor n that is ad game n that is what makes him a franchise player with all his other attributes
Two things. One, I agree its dead, but it shouldn't be. It's how you score tough buckets against good defense, especially in the playoffs when the game shows down. And while it may be dead, the best bigs in the league all can get a bucket down low one on one (gasols, cousins, Duncan, even Blake and dirk, vucevic, Aldridge).

2, I think a big reason why he's not a great half court player is that he never learned it because he always got buckets in transition or off pick and roll. Plus he's grown up playing guard, so he never posted up being a skinny six foot dude.

Bottom line is you can put up all the stats you want, but if you can't score in the half court in isolation, you're not a franchise guy. Never heard of a franchise player who wasnt great at getting his own shot, especially a guy who's not a 3pt shooter (Reggie Miller).

Like I always say, find me highlights of AD getting isolation buckets, not off an a.ssist. When he learns to do that, I'll change my opinion of him.

Last edited by raw51188; 03-06-2015 at 11:30 PM..
 2 years ago '05        #467
chi town hustla 169 heat pts169
space
space
$14,881 | Props total: 9144 9144
 raw51188 said:
Two things. One, I agree its dead, but it shouldn't be. It's how you score tough buckets against good defense, especially in the playoffs when the game shows down. And while it may be dead, the best bigs in the league all can get a bucket down low one on one (gasols, cousins, Duncan, even Blake and dirk, vucevic, Aldridge).

2, I think a big reason why he's not a great half court player is that he never learned it because he always got buckets in transition or off pick and roll. Plus he's grown up playing guard, so he never posted up being a skinny six foot dude.

Bottom line is you can put up all the stats you want, but if you can't score in the half court in isolation, you're not a franchise guy. Never heard of a franchise player who wasnt great at getting his own shot, especially a guy who's not a 3pt shooter (Reggie Miller).

Like I always say, find me highlights of AD getting isolation buckets, not off an a.ssist. When he learns to do that, I'll change my opinion of him.
Bro the rule changes k!lled the iso game 2, the game know is based off ball movement, elbow jump shot, n the three, all which plays into ad hands
 2 years ago '10        #468
sho 2010 193 heat pts193
space
space
space
$41,628 | Props total: 4470 4470
Y'all acting like they didn't lose. They needed this game with OKC losing last night.
 2 years ago '06        #469
raw51188 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,606 | Props total: 0 0
 chi town hustla said:
Bro the rule changes k!lled the iso game 2, the game know is based off ball movement, elbow jump shot, n the three, all which plays into ad hands
That's why he's my power forward if I'm building a team. He's just not my franchise guy. He can be my #2, but I need a guy who can get his own, unassisted shot in crunch time. A Kobe, a Melo, a wade, a prime manu, parker, a cp3, a Steph, a Westbrook. ADs not gonna lead his team to post season wins as the go to player. He's like if Karl Malone couldn't get his own shot.

I wanted to mention this as well... It's my personal theory that there's a reason guys can put up crazy stats and still lose. It's perhaps because the buckets they score are buckets that anyone can score, they're not buckets that only an elite player can get. Example, when a lot of your buckets come in transition, off a.ssists, it's a setup play that gives the finisher a clean look, that a lot of guys can convert. But when dudes manufacture a score they get points that no one else on their team could create. In other words, AD hogs the easy looks, and isn't involved in converting on his teams tough looks.

Player A scores 20 points off 10 layups.
Player B scores 10 points off 5 tough jumpers.

Player Bs teammates scored the layups that player A scored, but player A had no teammates make any tough jumpers. Player Bs team has more points.

I need to research this more, but I think Kevin love was similar to AD offensively in minn in the sense of hustle buckets not translating to wins.
 2 years ago '11        #470
Dray 1101 heat pts1101
space
space
@

come collect

once again

[video - click to view]

2 years ago '13        #471
Ta388 
space
space
$2,618 | Props total: 684 684
n*ggas in here comparing Davis to Lillard?
 2 years ago '12        #473
T.D. 67 heat pts67
space
space
$6,466 | Props total: 382 382
 Ta388 said:
Can't be shid real n*ggas already kno Lillard ain't nowhere near on Davis level.
 2 years ago '05        #474
WestbankThugBoy 21 heat pts21
space
space
$12,192 | Props total: 1392 1392
43 points

10 rebounds

6 a.ssists

2 blocks

Glorified role player
 2 years ago '05        #475
neworleansavior 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,523 | Props total: 80 80
 WestbankThugBoy said:
43 points

10 rebounds

6 a.ssists

2 blocks

Glorified role player
 2 years ago '11        #476
Dray 1101 heat pts1101
space
space
 WestbankThugBoy said:
43 points

10 rebounds

6 a.ssists

2 blocks

Glorified role player

[pic - click to view]

@
 2 years ago '13        #477
solidsnake1864 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$14,398 | Props total: 28 28
 Ta388 said:
who was doing that?

point em out so I can hand em the casual basketball mind of the year award
 2 years ago '05        #478
neworleansavior 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,523 | Props total: 80 80
 T.O.N.Y. said:
we never expected the progress we see now in noah and lopez

dwight was always suspect. i seen a few of his college games and even back then he exposed himself as just a one dimensional big man all he can do is dunk.

kevin love passed the eye test even with those low numbers

davis is just going to be a good role player/journey man

[pic - click to view]

2 years ago '04        #479
torious 64 heat pts64
space
space
$77,572 | Props total: 4320 4320

[tweet - click to view]

TONY my n*gga i hate it had to be him
 03-09-2015, 09:49 PM         #480
PrimeZaire 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WestbankThugBoy said:
43 points

10 rebounds

6 a.ssists

2 blocks

Glorified role player

@
[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
J Prince really think he a godfather
162 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Guy Tricked By Tr@nny - Cringe Video
230 comments
24 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Kim Kardashian Allegedly Wants A Divorce From Kanye West
158 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Adult Entertainer That Sold Out Her Race
93 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
108 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Keep it 100: Would you jump in this 3some
67 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Trevor Noah Spittin Real on The Breakfast Club
71 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside YouTube superstar PewDiePie vows to DELETE his channel once he hits 50m..
60 comments
23 hours ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy