Is It Safe To Say Anthony Davis Is A Glorified Role Player

most viewed right now
 BOX Conor looking BROLIC, is Floyd in trouble?
16 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 NBA Kyrie Irving has stated he "very badly" wants to join New York Knicks
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Movies They(execs) thought were going to be Hits.
137 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Riri eating and i appreciate that
73 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

2 years ago '04        #461
nwo504 30 heat pts30
space
space
$12,532 | Props total: 5548 5548
 2 years ago '11        #462
Dray 1132 heat pts1132
space
space
$57,817 | Props total: 20205 20205
27 points 14 rebounds

[pic - click to view]

NYLAKERFANSTOPIT @
 2 years ago '05        #463
chi town hustla 187 heat pts187
space
space
$17,020 | Props total: 16306 16306
 raw51188 said:
Haven't been in this thread on the regular, but I appreciate being mentioned to bring me back into the discussion. Happy to be here Bob.

As I've always said, Davis can play on my team any day, great all around player, he's def in my starting 5.

But I'd never build a team around him because he's not a great half court player. You can't give him the ball on the block and tell him to get you a bucket in crunch time, or anytime for that matter. Dude is simply a decent pick and pop shooter, a great defender, and a solid passer. He runs the floor great, he rim runs the best in the league, and dude is only gonna get better. But with all that being said, the fact that his game is so limited in the half court, I just would not build a team around him. Me and my homie were discussing this very issue the other day, and e came to the conclusion that Davis is kg on defense, and prime amare on offense.

But to be honest, he's got no post game, less than Blake, and I think blakes a better face up player with better handles and better passing ability. Only thing David does better offensively is hit the jumper off the pick n pop.

So while he's not a glorified role player, I still don't think your franchise player can be a big with a limited half court game. Wouldn't build a team around Blake, or amare, or Davis.
That back to the basket game is dead in the nba, it's all about stretching the floor n that is ad game n that is what makes him a franchise player with all his other attributes
 2 years ago '06        #464
raw51188 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,606 | Props total: 1 1
 chi town hustla said:
That back to the basket game is dead in the nba, it's all about stretching the floor n that is ad game n that is what makes him a franchise player with all his other attributes
Two things. One, I agree its dead, but it shouldn't be. It's how you score tough buckets against good defense, especially in the playoffs when the game shows down. And while it may be dead, the best bigs in the league all can get a bucket down low one on one (gasols, cousins, Duncan, even Blake and dirk, vucevic, Aldridge).

2, I think a big reason why he's not a great half court player is that he never learned it because he always got buckets in transition or off pick and roll. Plus he's grown up playing guard, so he never posted up being a skinny six foot dude.

Bottom line is you can put up all the stats you want, but if you can't score in the half court in isolation, you're not a franchise guy. Never heard of a franchise player who wasnt great at getting his own shot, especially a guy who's not a 3pt shooter (Reggie Miller).

Like I always say, find me highlights of AD getting isolation buckets, not off an a.ssist. When he learns to do that, I'll change my opinion of him.

Last edited by raw51188; 03-06-2015 at 10:30 PM..
 2 years ago '05        #465
chi town hustla 187 heat pts187
space
space
$17,020 | Props total: 16306 16306
 raw51188 said:
Two things. One, I agree its dead, but it shouldn't be. It's how you score tough buckets against good defense, especially in the playoffs when the game shows down. And while it may be dead, the best bigs in the league all can get a bucket down low one on one (gasols, cousins, Duncan, even Blake and dirk, vucevic, Aldridge).

2, I think a big reason why he's not a great half court player is that he never learned it because he always got buckets in transition or off pick and roll. Plus he's grown up playing guard, so he never posted up being a skinny six foot dude.

Bottom line is you can put up all the stats you want, but if you can't score in the half court in isolation, you're not a franchise guy. Never heard of a franchise player who wasnt great at getting his own shot, especially a guy who's not a 3pt shooter (Reggie Miller).

Like I always say, find me highlights of AD getting isolation buckets, not off an a.ssist. When he learns to do that, I'll change my opinion of him.
Bro the rule changes k!lled the iso game 2, the game know is based off ball movement, elbow jump shot, n the three, all which plays into ad hands
 2 years ago '10        #466
sho 2010 193 heat pts193
space
space
space
$41,617 | Props total: 4496 4496
Y'all acting like they didn't lose. They needed this game with OKC losing last night.
 2 years ago '06        #467
raw51188 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,606 | Props total: 1 1
 chi town hustla said:
Bro the rule changes k!lled the iso game 2, the game know is based off ball movement, elbow jump shot, n the three, all which plays into ad hands
That's why he's my power forward if I'm building a team. He's just not my franchise guy. He can be my #2, but I need a guy who can get his own, unassisted shot in crunch time. A Kobe, a Melo, a wade, a prime manu, parker, a cp3, a Steph, a Westbrook. ADs not gonna lead his team to post season wins as the go to player. He's like if Karl Malone couldn't get his own shot.

I wanted to mention this as well... It's my personal theory that there's a reason guys can put up crazy stats and still lose. It's perhaps because the buckets they score are buckets that anyone can score, they're not buckets that only an elite player can get. Example, when a lot of your buckets come in transition, off a.ssists, it's a setup play that gives the finisher a clean look, that a lot of guys can convert. But when dudes manufacture a score they get points that no one else on their team could create. In other words, AD hogs the easy looks, and isn't involved in converting on his teams tough looks.

Player A scores 20 points off 10 layups.
Player B scores 10 points off 5 tough jumpers.

Player Bs teammates scored the layups that player A scored, but player A had no teammates make any tough jumpers. Player Bs team has more points.

I need to research this more, but I think Kevin love was similar to AD offensively in minn in the sense of hustle buckets not translating to wins.
 2 years ago '11        #468
Dray 1132 heat pts1132
space
space
@

come collect

once again

[video - click to view]

2 years ago '13        #469
Ta388 
space
space
$3,432 | Props total: 1582 1582
n*ggas in here comparing Davis to Lillard?
 2 years ago '12        #471
T.D. 67 heat pts67
space
space
$7,240 | Props total: 1535 1535
 Ta388 said:
Can't be shid real n*ggas already kno Lillard ain't nowhere near on Davis level.
 2 years ago '05        #472
WestbankThugBoy 22 heat pts22
space
space
$12,866 | Props total: 2196 2196
43 points

10 rebounds

6 a.ssists

2 blocks

Glorified role player
 2 years ago '05        #473
neworleansavior 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,525 | Props total: 104 104
 WestbankThugBoy said:
43 points

10 rebounds

6 a.ssists

2 blocks

Glorified role player
 2 years ago '11        #474
Dray 1132 heat pts1132
space
space
 WestbankThugBoy said:
43 points

10 rebounds

6 a.ssists

2 blocks

Glorified role player

[pic - click to view]

@
 2 years ago '13        #475
solidsnake1864 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$14,379 | Props total: 37 37
 Ta388 said:
who was doing that?

point em out so I can hand em the casual basketball mind of the year award
 2 years ago '05        #476
neworleansavior 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,525 | Props total: 104 104
 T.O.N.Y. said:
we never expected the progress we see now in noah and lopez

dwight was always suspect. i seen a few of his college games and even back then he exposed himself as just a one dimensional big man all he can do is dunk.

kevin love passed the eye test even with those low numbers

davis is just going to be a good role player/journey man

[pic - click to view]

2 years ago '04        #477
torious 64 heat pts64
space
space
$80,051 | Props total: 7991 7991

[tweet - click to view]

TONY my n*gga i hate it had to be him
 03-09-2015, 08:49 PM         #478
PrimeZaire 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WestbankThugBoy said:
43 points

10 rebounds

6 a.ssists

2 blocks

Glorified role player

@
[pic - click to view]

2 years ago '15        #479
WillPower921 20 heat pts20
space
space
$5,694 | Props total: 5191 5191
Anyone who thinks what Davis is doing is in anyway similar to Love does not watch basketball.
 2 years ago '07        #480
OG Perez 15 heat pts15
space
space
$41,627 | Props total: 8211 8211
 Dray said:

[pic - click to view]

@
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yo Lindsay Lohan Is WASHED... Not At The Cleaners.
73 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside LAs most hated man has a bounty over his head
79 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside You've been lied to: 401K IS A SCAM
119 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Hov Ain't Get Through To You Yet! BK Heroin Ring Busted After Stunting..
224 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bernice Burgo's 21 yr old daughter
66 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA All 30 teams' uniforms beautifully redesigned
94 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Thought y'all said his videos fake?
127 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jul 24 - Facebook worker living in garage to Zuckerberg: challenges ou..
42 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy