most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
82 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #161
trill jackson 737 heat pts737
space
space
$18,821 | Props total: 13119 13119
bottom line is t boz was right. makes no sense for a rapper to judge a singing competition
 5 years ago '04        #162
Propel Water 20 heat pts20
space
space
$19,396 | Props total: 4286 4286
 psylence2k said:
so you're telling me to get out of the first basic auditions rounds you have to have a interesting back story ???

because I've been seeing alot of basic regular ol no interesting back story folk get passed on to hollywood multiple nights for multiple seasons, plain lame ol square people with very little singing talent get put through ALL the time.

Not only do I not believe that you need a interesting back story to go to hollywood , I dont even think you need one to win, there's been multiple winners with no interesting back story AT ALL.

What about Scotty McCreery ?? what was so sad/interesting/exciting about his background ??
idk who scotty mccreery is... i dont mean to wake you from the matrix dawg.. im just telling you what iv been told... you need to be marketable...

i knew one chick that went yeaaaaars ago and then this other dude went like this year? idk man i told you ima stoner i forget the details...
 5 years ago '04        #163
space
space
 trill jackson said:
bottom line is t boz was right. makes no sense for a rapper to judge a singing competition
were randy jackson and simon singers?
 5 years ago '04        #164
eza 
space
space
$3,686 | Props total: 1 1
lmao niki minjah is a fu*king douche bag with no class she seems very uncomfortable in that setting thats because shes not a musician
 5 years ago '12        #165
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,982 | Props total: 1244 1244
 Propel Water said:
 5 years ago '10        #166
2113 36 heat pts36
space
space
$2,362 | Props total: 49 49
 Kid Cunner said:
It's sad when people can't put their bias aside and admit when somebody has a point. But yo that's Boxden.

Question though....a lot the same ones in here saying she shouldn't be judging singing because she herself isn't a great singer, are also saying she has no talent musically. Now, most of y'all saying this I have to a.ssume also have no talent musically, yet you are judging hers. How can that be? You're saying her opinion holds no weight based on not having the talent, yet y'all are throwing your opinions of her musically all over this thread while also having no talent. So which one is it? I think the answer is clear, you don't have to be a Grammy nominated musician to tell whether or not a person has a good signing voice. Stop contradicting yourselves for the sake hating to fit in.
This,but when you speak with reason and logic,people tend to ignore it in favor of their own opinion....especially on here.
 5 years ago '11        #167
DJ EM Double 29 heat pts29
space
space
$6,709 | Props total: 3048 3048
 psylence2k said:
I really dont think it's a big deal , if she wants to sing country music with a bit of soul to it, they can categorize her as country or soul or both, shyt doesn't really matter.

Good music is good music and it finds it's way to an audience, it's happened TOO many times for you to try to argue otherwise.

When you have an artist capable of making good music as they are, you allow them to do it their way and figure out how to market it afterwards, you dont choose the marketing plan first and then figure out how their music is gonna sound. That's how you get either 1. failures 2. flash in the pan artists who are hot for 15 minutes.

If all labels had the mentality you did ALOT of great artists simply wouldn't exist today.

You really dont think it sounds ridiculous to limit and restrict art because you're worried about what section you're gonna to place it in at the record store ??

that shyt figures itself out, that's what labels are paid to figure out, you dont change something that can be potentially different but great just because you dont understand how to market it at first.

If you were the label in charge of her career, and she refused to change , it would potentially just be another one of the many stories where a label didn't "get" an artist so they dropped them and they blew up somewhere else and sold millions all because you didn't "get" where she fit in with an old antiquated way of thinking.
You keep missing the point. She can sing country with as much soul as she wants she is still going to be marketed as a country singer her album is still going to be filed away in country/pop music, she is still only going to be played on country/pop stations and if its a big hit she may move to top40. Everything you are talking about has nothing to do with the realities of how labels run their companies.

Maybe in the old days people had a chance to figure things out in 2013 record companies don't give a fu*k you don't have time or the money to learn on the job. Your sh*t better be focused and ready to go marketing etc... right out of the gate especially if you are coming from a TV show like American Idol I don't know how much you know about what goes on behind the scenes but if she were to win her songs would be written long before the competition is even over there are people sitting in a office throwing marketing ideas around right now. This isn't the golden good ol days where good music shined through nobody cares any more its all about the money ESPECIALLY ON A SHOW LIKE IDOL

In the real music industry of course they pigeon hole you into a category its their job to because they have to figure out the fastest easiest way to get your brand of music to your fan base and it needs to be as narrow as possible and then they grow it from there.

Its actually the very first thing they do even before they sign you, is ask you who is going to buy your music specifically because it is a business. I don't think you understand that which is why we keep going in circles, American Idol is a business they have to narrow down her fans she can't be vague and she can't be all things to all people.

I'm not arguing whether it is right or wrong the point im making is this is what they do it is a fact not opinion.
 5 years ago '04        #168
space
space
 Hokis said:
lol i was asking sarcastically i was trying to prove a point
 5 years ago '07        #169
OG Perez 16 heat pts16
space
space
$42,504 | Props total: 10803 10803
 ThaLockerRoom said:
Someone smack this hoe n worldstar it
this is exactly what i said
 5 years ago '04        #170
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,791 | Props total: 1796 1796
 DJ EM Double said:
You keep missing the point. She can sing country with as much soul as she wants she is still going to be marketed as a country singer her album is still going to be filed away in country/pop music, she is still only going to be played on country/pop stations and if its a big hit she may move to top40. Everything you are talking about has nothing to do with the realities of how labels run their companies.

Maybe in the old days people had a chance to figure things out in 2013 record companies don't give a fu*k you don't have time or the money to learn on the job. Your sh*t better be focused and ready to go marketing etc... right out of the gate especially if you are coming from a TV show like American Idol I don't know how much you know about what goes on behind the scenes but if she were to win her songs would be written long before the competition is even over there are people sitting in a office throwing marketing ideas around right now. This isn't the golden good ol days where good music shined through nobody cares any more its all about the money ESPECIALLY ON A SHOW LIKE IDOL

In the real music industry of course they pigeon hole you into a category its their job to because they have to figure out the fastest easiest way to get your brand of music to your fan base and it needs to be as narrow as possible and then they grow it from there.

Its actually the very first thing they do even before they sign you, is ask you who is going to buy your music specifically because it is a business. I don't think you understand that which is why we keep going in circles, American Idol is a business they have to narrow down her fans she can't be vague and she can't be all things to all people.

I'm not arguing whether it is right or wrong the point im making is this is what they do it is a fact not opinion.

We both already know what labels try to do with artists.

you think she should adhere strictly to one lane and conform her style to it to succeed.

I think she should do whatever she wants and let the label figure out how to market it.

there's plenty of actual artist who've defied "the box" and became very successful.

Yes, Even in the last few years. Even in this day and age.

I don't think what she's doing is vague at all. I dont even think you can even know enough about it to call it vague off just one 30 sec audition.

You see it as a liability I see it as an a.sset.

You're explaining the mentality that old 60 year old pen pushers at labels have had in order to reduce risk but have failed numerous times with it.

I'm explaining the mentality that they should have learned by now since artist after artist has broke through and sold millions with different and non conventional styles that that their previous labels thought would NEVER work and they were dropped from numerous deals for refusing to conform until they finally blew up and their "different" style was the reason why.

Yes your way will produce a 15 minute flash in the pan and quick return for the label due to little risk.

I think the way I'm preferring (if she has the overall talent) could turn her into a genuine talent with longevity because her unique approach will be her stand out quality.

Last edited by psylence2k; 01-25-2013 at 05:36 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #171
OG Perez 16 heat pts16
space
space
$42,504 | Props total: 10803 10803
 Brooklyn said:

U know? How they got this talentless bi*ch critiquing other peoples talent? She's such a fu*king idiot. Idk why she's even there. The bi*ch makes NO sense.
u hate nikki too

e-dap

Last edited by OG Perez; 01-25-2013 at 05:44 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #172
DJ EM Double 29 heat pts29
space
space
$6,709 | Props total: 3048 3048
I told you this is not my opinion this is what they do

psylence2k said:
We both already know what labels try to do with artists.

you think she should adhere strictly to one lane and conform her style to it to succeed.

I think she should do whatever she wants and let the label figure out how to market it.

there's plenty of actual artist who've defied "the box" and became very successful.

Even in the last few years. Even in this day and age.

I don't think what she's doing is vague at all. I dont even think you can even know enough about it to call it vague off just one 30 sec audition.

You see it as a liability I see it as an a.sset.

You're explaining the mentality that old 60 year old pen pushers at labels have had in order to reduce risk but have failed numerous times with it.

I'm explaining the mentality that they should have learned by now since artist after artist has broke through and sold millions with different and non conventional styles that that their previous labels thought would NEVER work and they were dropped from numerous deals for refusing to conform until they finally blew up and their "different" style was the reason why.
You live in a land of wishing and make believe I am explaining to you what will happen and why Nicki is full of sh*t because she is part of this same machine that makes her have a seat at the American Idol table.

What are you talking about liabilities and a.ssets these are facts I am not adding my opinion into it

Nicki is full of sh*t and wrong she knows damn well how the business works she is part of it.
 5 years ago '06        #173
Menelek 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,196 | Props total: 269 269
 H-o-f-f-a said:
I partially agree with Nicki though, I just don't think the way she handled it was right. I mean they drilled her on if she's a country singer or not, and she probably doesn't know herself.
I agree.. I think Nikki was right but she aint handle it right. You can tell the Judges dont respect her opinion.. They like no bich we the real judges you dont know sh*t.

The girl doesnt wanna be a country singer and their like stick to country bich. Keith got offended and sh*t.

Randy said she was Yodeling. I didnt hear that but whatever.
 5 years ago '04        #174
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,791 | Props total: 1796 1796
 DJ EM Double said:
I told you this is not my opinion this is what they do

You live in a land of wishing and make believe I am explaining to you what will happen and why Nicki is full of sh*t because she is part of this same machine that makes her have a seat at the American Idol table.

What are you talking about liabilities and a.ssets these are facts I am not adding my opinion into it

Nicki is full of sh*t and wrong she knows damn well how the business works she is part of it.

Actually I think Nicki is more so passionate about it is because she's taken that artistic direction and done "pop" sounding music while still making more traditional rap songs here and there and I'm sure the whole time people have told her to play it safe and stick to one style.

Alot of people told her "Super Bass" was too poppy for her first album, but she stuck to it and it worked.

This isn't make believe , it's happened numerous times and still continues to happen, artist take a risk with a different approach because it's genuinely who they are, and it pays off.

Why would you want to conform just to sound like everything else that's already came out ?? then you automatically become expendable.

Differentiation is one of the proven keys to success in a industry where everything has been done already

I'm not talking about what the labels might be thinking, I already know what they're thinking, I'm talking about doing what has been proven to work in the past with genuinely talented artists.

Last edited by psylence2k; 01-25-2013 at 06:06 PM..
 5 years ago '06        #175
Bman409 20 heat pts20
space
space
$20,388 | Props total: 2452 2452
 5 years ago '09        #176
faceoffizhere 
space
space
$4,659 | Props total: 842 842
 Propel Water said:
were they rappers should be your question
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
130 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
26 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
297 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
178 comments
1 day ago