Nicki Minaj Walks Off The American Idol Set After Fight With Mariah Carey

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
174 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
87 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '08        #141
topshotta22 
space
space
$4,646 | Props total: 1191 1191
nikki acting like a fu*king child, sh*t seems scripted though cause the camera kept going to nikki seeing her getting heated up until the point she snapped.
 5 years ago '11        #142
Teknishen04 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,364 | Props total: 236 236
Nicki might've had a point, the bi*ch's approach was all wrong.

Nevertheless, the bi*ch doesnt need to be up there anyways. She cant sing...
 5 years ago '11        #143
Teknishen04 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,364 | Props total: 236 236
 S E L F said:
Simon Cowell can't sing. I doubt Randy can, either so who a fu*k whether Nicki is judging singers?

dumb n*ggas, think before you speak.
Do you know who Randy is? One of the greatest Bassists to ever live. Has wrote HUNDREDS of songs for some of the best SINGERS in the industry, including Prince. Simon Cowell has signed his fair share of platinum artists so I think he would know a little about singers. Nicki doesnt have anywhere near the credentials of the other judges.

Perhaps young Padawan, you should think before you speak.
 5 years ago '11        #144
Kalifornicated 20 heat pts20
space
space
$1,161 | Props total: 166 166
I'm a Mariah fan and I can say no one agreed with her or Randy when this happened, and they admitted She and Randy bullied this girl. Everyone agreed with Nicki.

And what the fu*k is this Nicki can't sing sh*t? She's in the industry which is good enough so she knows what it takes to be an artist and make it. Can Randy sing? no. Do any of you have any "talent"? Probably not, so why are you judging hers? Isn't that hypocritical? Please.

and before I'm done, all of u r gay.
 5 years ago '11        #145
DJ EM Double 29 heat pts29
space
space
$6,713 | Props total: 3068 3068
 SpazzOut said:
Stranger things have happened. After the success of Drake, anything is possible in the music industry. That girl could very well be on BET, Hot 97, etc... you can't just knock the possibility of that happening just because it rarely happens. sh*t, it's not like Mariah's music is easy to classify. One day she's pop, then R&B, etc.
But again you are missing my point Drake grew into that he didn't start there when drake was first introduced to the music industry he was introduced as a rapper plain and simple he can bounce around now because he crossed over and expanded his base but he has to start some place.

psylence2k said:
but that's the record label's job to figure out how to market someone who's different

trying to put someone in a "box" is the easy cookie cutter way of manufacturing an artist. That type of approach is usually what puts an artist totally out of touch with their own genuine artistic voice and makes them focus on soley marketability which many artists have crashed and burned trying to do.

There's been ALOT of artists that have defied traditional labels with unconventional styles and have had massive success.

Some of the biggest artist in music history have been artists who had a non-traditional out of the box style that the label's hated because they couldn't classify it and thought for sure it would fail and they ended up being huge successes. and yes alot of them were like that out of the gate.
I am glad you recognize this is a business and at the end of the day whether you want to believe in "labels" or not when your album goes on ITunes it goes in a category whether it says country or Christan rap or what ever it has to go somewhere if there is nothing next to your name the people who like your type of music are never going to find it.

Everybody keeps mentioning all these non traditional artist that are out of the box but if you look they all had to start somewhere yet everybody keeps missing that point. The ability of the artist to transcend is the difference between a superstar and regular people who can sing but they have to grow into these roles.

There isn't a single artist who is a superstar today that didn't start focused promoting to a single type of group.

Ok let me break it down for you guys in layman's terms in the real world there are labels they help you find your core audience in a sea of billions of stuff you have to label things on youtube, you label things in forums, you label music, and the key part of this is that you have to maximize finding your core audience FIRST before you can branch off and be every thing to everybody.

It is impossible to appease everybody at once which is why it is bad business to even bother trying.

Nicki is a fraud because she knows this, she just wanted to pretend like it doesn't matter and you can be free which is bullsh*t, she of all people is the most strategic with who she is presenting her music and her image to.

5 years ago '09        #146
faceoffizhere 
space
space
$4,659 | Props total: 842 842
scripted NEXT!
 01-25-2013, 01:43 PM         #147
S E L F 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Teknishen04 said:
Do you know who Randy is? One of the greatest Bassists to ever live. Has wrote HUNDREDS of songs for some of the best SINGERS in the industry, including Prince. Simon Cowell has signed his fair share of platinum artists so I think he would know a little about singers. Nicki doesnt have anywhere near the credentials of the other judges.

Perhaps young Padawan, you should think before you speak.
the irony...

The topic is "Nicki Minaj can't sing, so why is she judging a singing contest?" well neither can Randy or Simon Cowell...

quit curving the argument to fit your agenda. dumb n*ggas...
 5 years ago '10        #148
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,867 | Props total: 13664 13664
 S E L F said:
the irony...

The topic is "Nicki Minaj can't sing, so why is she judging a singing contest?" well neither can Randy or Simon Cowell...

this n*gga upset

@ comparing Randy & Simon's knowledge on music to Nicki
 5 years ago '11        #149
GravityEraser52 
space
space
space
$555 | Props total: 2523 2523
 Hokis said:

She's from fu*king Warner Robins, GA.. And you could hear her southern accent.. And it's a straight LEGIT question.. They ALWAYS CRITIQUE and GIVE FEEDBACK

Nice essay tho
Did you even comprehend the point I made?
[pic - click to view]

WTF does it matter she is from? Who cares if they always critique? I spoke on the situation which took place in the video. Set up you IQ champ! Matter fact re-watch the vid, the re-read my post and learn something... And before you comment on any other posts, make sure really understand the overall point being made... Otherwise stay in your lane PATNA!!
[pic - click to view]

01-25-2013, 02:12 PM         #150
S E L F 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BluCupShawty said:
this n*gga upset

@ comparing Randy & Simon's knowledge on music to Nicki
so you can somehow read human emotion from text but can't conprehend the subject you're responding to.

@ comparing producer and writer credits to vocal abilities.
 01-25-2013, 02:19 PM         #151
rickyraws 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SM said:
fake!
 5 years ago '04        #152
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,815 | Props total: 1843 1843
 DJ EM Double said:
But again you are missing my point Drake grew into that he didn't start there when drake was first introduced to the music industry he was introduced as a rapper plain and simple he can bounce around now because he crossed over and expanded his base but he has to start some place.

I am glad you recognize this is a business and at the end of the day whether you want to believe in "labels" or not when your album goes on ITunes it goes in a category whether it says country or Christan rap or what ever it has to go somewhere if there is nothing next to your name the people who like your type of music are never going to find it.

Everybody keeps mentioning all these non traditional artist that are out of the box but if you look they all had to start somewhere yet everybody keeps missing that point. The ability of the artist to transcend is the difference between a superstar and regular people who can sing but they have to grow into these roles.

There isn't a single artist who is a superstar today that didn't start focused promoting to a single type of group.

Ok let me break it down for you guys in layman's terms in the real world there are labels they help you find your core audience in a sea of billions of stuff you have to label things on youtube, you label things in forums, you label music, and the key part of this is that you have to maximize finding your core audience FIRST before you can branch off and be every thing to everybody.

It is impossible to appease everybody at once which is why it is bad business to even bother trying.

Nicki is a fraud because she knows this, she just wanted to pretend like it doesn't matter and you can be free which is bullsh*t, she of all people is the most strategic with who she is presenting her music and her image to.

I really dont think it's a big deal , if she wants to sing country music with a bit of soul to it, they can categorize her as country or soul or both, shyt doesn't really matter.

Good music is good music and it finds it's way to an audience, it's happened TOO many times for you to try to argue otherwise.

When you have an artist capable of making good music as they are, you allow them to do it their way and figure out how to market it afterwards, you dont choose the marketing plan first and then figure out how their music is gonna sound. That's how you get either 1. failures 2. flash in the pan artists who are hot for 15 minutes.

If all labels had the mentality you did ALOT of great artists simply wouldn't exist today.

You really dont think it sounds ridiculous to limit and restrict art because you're worried about what section you're gonna to place it in at the record store ??

that shyt figures itself out, that's what labels are paid to figure out, you dont change something that can be potentially different but great just because you dont understand how to market it at first.

If you were the label in charge of her career, and she refused to change , it would potentially just be another one of the many stories where a label didn't "get" an artist so they dropped them and they blew up somewhere else and sold millions all because you didn't "get" where she fit in with an old antiquated way of thinking.

Last edited by psylence2k; 01-25-2013 at 02:45 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #153
Propel Water 20 heat pts20
space
space
$19,407 | Props total: 4305 4305
lmao anyone who doesnt know this show is scripted is a fu*king retard....

i know a girl that tried out, its nothing like how the show is, it has nothing to do with singing ability its about ratings..

this girl i knew had to tryout with the producers first, they told her she was too good and she wasnt going to be one of the ones to go to hollywood because of that. Then they made her sing a different song for the cameras....

and lol @ nicki minaj cant sing so she cant be a judge.... did randy jackson sing?

Last edited by Propel Water; 01-25-2013 at 02:51 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #154
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 Propel Water said:
lmao anyone who doesnt know this show is scripted is a fu*king retard....

i know a girl that tried out, its nothing like how the show is, it has nothing to do with singing ability its about ratings..

this girl i knew had to tryout with the producers first, they told her she was too good and she wasnt going to be one of the ones to go to hollywood because of that. Then they made her sing a different song for the cameras....

and lol @ nicki minaj cant sing so she cant be a judge.... did randy jackson sing?
This makes no sense, why would they kick someone out of the competition for being too good ??

I need a logical explanation for this

and why did your home girl even stay and sing for them after they told her she was "too good" to advance then ??

you sure your friend didn't just lie to you to save face ? because alot of the people on the show look like they would be on some " Yea they told me I was too good to go to Hollywood" type shyt when they got back to their friends

Last edited by psylence2k; 01-25-2013 at 03:10 PM..
 01-25-2013, 03:09 PM         #155
Throbbin' Thicke 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 S E L F said:
the irony...

Doesnt matter if you can sing or not. At the end of the day much more than singing is judged. Its everything that is you, that can be marketed. Of course being able to actually sing is the first requirement but experience in the industry and knowing when someone is marketable or not is important.

I'm pretty sure they have distaste for Nicki because when the show first started you had Paula, Simon and Randy all three with YEARS of combined experience running a credible show. Now you have Mariah who is a living icon, Randy still there, and pretty much to them a child in the industry in Nicki Minaj. AND she is first and foremost a rapper. Her credentials dont hold any weight compared to the other judges. Their disdain for what she's saying probably stems from that
 01-25-2013, 03:10 PM         #156
Throbbin' Thicke 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rickyraws said:
fake!
Grafted is that you?!
 5 years ago '06        #157
Game375 48 heat pts48
space
space
$13,532 | Props total: 952 952
if niki is not showing t*ts then im out
 5 years ago '04        #158
Propel Water 20 heat pts20
space
space
$19,407 | Props total: 4305 4305
 psylence2k said:
This makes no sense, why would they kick someone out of the competition for being too good ??

I need a logical explanation for this

and why did your home girl even stay and sing for them after they told her she was "too good" to advance then ??

you sure your friend didn't just lie to you to save face ? because alot of the people on the show look like they would be on some " Yea they told me I was too good to go to Hollywood" type shyt when they got back to their friends
because its about ratings.... they needed someone with a better story and backround...

shes not the only person iv herd this story from...

the show is fake as fu*k...

edit:if i wasnt a pothead id be able to remeber the details lol

also if you wanna be on the show they make you sign a contract that way if you get famous after they still control you or some sh*t

Last edited by Propel Water; 01-25-2013 at 03:33 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #159
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
Cant stand that bi*ch. Shes so overrated its disgusting. And shes ugly as fu*k
 5 years ago '04        #160
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 Propel Water said:
because its about ratings.... they needed someone with a better story and backround...

shes not the only person iv herd this story from...

the show is fake as fu*k...

edit:if i wasnt a pothead id be able to remeber the details lol

also if you wanna be on the show they make you sign a contract that way if you get famous after they still control you or some sh*t

so you're telling me to get out of the first basic auditions rounds you have to have a interesting back story ???

because I've been seeing alot of basic regular ol no interesting back story folk get passed on to hollywood multiple nights for multiple seasons, plain lame ol square people with very little singing talent get put through ALL the time.

Not only do I not believe that you need a interesting back story to go to hollywood , I dont even think you need one to win, there's been multiple winners with no interesting back story AT ALL.

What about Scotty McCreery ?? what was so sad/interesting/exciting about his background ??
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
188 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
joie chavis
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
I'm taking that one-way flight to London
16 comments
1 day ago