Nicki Minaj Walks Off The American Idol Set After Fight With Mariah Carey

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
176 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
87 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #121
RedLight 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,406 | Props total: 2348 2348
Nicki has a point, even if the judges have more experience, only the artist knows what type of art they truely want to make.

Who is to say she can't work on developing a different sound? They were trying to corner her into this country thing when she clearly didn't want to and Nicki was the only one that stood up for her.

The thing here is that shows like these or even the music industry as a whole do not look or ultimately respect the artists opinion. They were saying "country" because they know, since she has a country voice, it would be easier for them to make MORE money off her in that genre than any other genre even if she doesn't want to make that type of music.

They were looking at it from a marketing angle not an artistic one.
 5 years ago '09        #122
red100 10 heat pts10
space
space
$809 | Props total: 299 299
Ratings.

Show is garbage.
 01-25-2013, 03:23 AM         #123
bigbarcelona 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jacc Blacc said:
nikki was right though

the question is can the girl sing...answer....yes

not sure why everyone focused on the country thing, bi*ch dont want to do country anymore and by the end of mariah, keith, and dawg jackson yip yapping she was saing how she wanted to do country

she was saying whatever she thought the judges wanted to hear

I definitely got it agree with this as well because that was the point she was trying to make before she was getting gang up for no reason. Instead of the girl being judge for her singing abilities, she was judge because they didn't know if she was country or not. Nicki point was simple... if the girl can sing, who gives fu*k? As time progresses she'll eventually find her musical niche just like every other artist eventually does. And not only it was done to that white girl, but some black chick on the charlotte audition was done the same way because they couldn't get over the fact she's a rock artist. There's nothing wrong with being different... Different in music tends to be good.

I don't like Nicki, but on this one, she's right and I think she's been a good judge.
 5 years ago '12        #124
SHADOW 326 heat pts326
space
space
$8,652 | Props total: 322 322
Keith a lil bi*ch for callin the girl out like that with the brain surgeon commeent

That sh*t was ether you fu*kin prick keith fu*k country anyways
 5 years ago '04        #125
sabret00the 
space
space
$992 | Props total: 275 275
 Duntaz said:
She may not be the best person to judge singing but she is an artist and I understand her point of view. If shes a singer why just box her into saying shes a country singer. However I do understand with a show like this even if shes not a "country singer" she has to choose one style to run with for the purpose of the show because at the end of the day their goint to classify her.
Nicki was spot on. If they can teach some of these dancers to sing, they can teach a country singer how to do soul. And I fu*king hate that Minaj chick, but she's spot on with this one.
 5 years ago '04        #126
sabret00the 
space
space
$992 | Props total: 275 275
 Verse said:
goat American Idol walk off....

5 years ago '05        #127
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,197 | Props total: 11805 11805
 Verse said:

5 years ago '06        #128
Maddog345 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,868 | Props total: 262 262
I miss Simon's criticism
 5 years ago '10        #129
SmoothTay 23 heat pts23
space
space
$26,617 | Props total: 30598 30598
 StuNNa said:
Crazy since you watch raptors bills and bluejays game
 01-25-2013, 08:18 AM         #130
bbrossy313 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
oddly enough i would say nicki was right. the girl has her own artist vision of what she would like to do. and the others would just like to turn her into any other typical country singer
 01-25-2013, 08:28 AM         #131
mprjxl 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
She's the reason why I'm not watching American idol this season
 5 years ago '10        #132
SpazzOut 63 heat pts63
space
space
$3,579 | Props total: 1658 1658
 DJ EM Double said:
Nicki is wrong and I'll explain why everybody here seems to be lost in the trees and missing the huge forest

American Idol is a singing competition yes but at the end of the day all these people are f!ghting for record deals and they have to decide how they are going to market all these artist so yes you have to put them into a box.

You think this girl is going to be marketed on BET Power 105 or hot 97 of course not, if she won they are going to push her on all the pop and country music stations. It matters how she presents herself and holy sh*t it mattered how Nicki was introduced into the music industry before she was disco pop dance Nicki she was young money rapper Nicki and she was able to grow from there but she had to start some place.

All these people agreeing with Nicki forget this is a business and you don't get to be broad whether you are marketing products or people you have to focus and then you can expand. And that is the point they were trying to make, Nicki is living in fantasy land.

THIS IS A BUSINESS SO NO YOU DON'T GET TO DO WHAT EVER YOU WANT
Stranger things have happened. After the success of Drake, anything is possible in the music industry. That girl could very well be on BET, Hot 97, etc... you can't just knock the possibility of that happening just because it rarely happens. sh*t, it's not like Mariah's music is easy to classify. One day she's pop, then R&B, etc.
 5 years ago '04        #133
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,815 | Props total: 1843 1843
 DJ EM Double said:
Nicki is wrong and I'll explain why everybody here seems to be lost in the trees and missing the huge forest

American Idol is a singing competition yes but at the end of the day all these people are f!ghting for record deals and they have to decide how they are going to market all these artist so yes you have to put them into a box.

You think this girl is going to be marketed on BET Power 105 or hot 97 of course not, if she won they are going to push her on all the pop and country music stations. It matters how she presents herself and holy sh*t it mattered how Nicki was introduced into the music industry before she was disco pop dance Nicki she was young money rapper Nicki and she was able to grow from there but she had to start some place.

All these people agreeing with Nicki forget this is a business and you don't get to be broad whether you are marketing products or people you have to focus and then you can expand. And that is the point they were trying to make, Nicki is living in fantasy land.

but that's the record label's job to figure out how to market someone who's different

trying to put someone in a "box" is the easy cookie cutter way of manufacturing an artist. That type of approach is usually what puts an artist totally out of touch with their own genuine artistic voice and makes them focus on soley marketability which many artists have crashed and burned trying to do.

There's been ALOT of artists that have defied traditional labels with unconventional styles and have had massive success.

Some of the biggest artist in music history have been artists who had a non-traditional out of the box style that the label's hated because they couldn't classify it and thought for sure it would fail and they ended up being huge successes. and yes alot of them were like that out of the gate.
 01-25-2013, 10:26 AM         #134
WordOnThaStreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DJ EM Double said:

exactly
 5 years ago '07        #135
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6147 6147
Can't stand the bi*ch but Nicki is right.

She clearly has the singing voice of a country singer but she said she grew up on other genres and she grew up on soul so she considers herself country-soul singer. Maybe she wants to sing other genres and not box herself up as a country singer. That doesn't mean she's gonna be dropping slow bangers produced by polow da don.

Look at adele. She's considered blue-eyed soul/pop. I'm guessing that's what chick was trying to say/ go for.
 01-25-2013, 11:16 AM         #136
tj.iscool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Verse said:

5 years ago '10        #137
TiestoFriendly 6 heat pts
space
space
$15,363 | Props total: 14 14
I'm sorry but fu*k any of Nicki's opinions on that show. They are all invalid as fu*k because that bi*ch is a gimmick and can't sing and therefore has no business being on that show judging the singing talent of others.

They took a huge L making her a judge. That show was already falling apart after Simon left, it's exhausted it's run (how many fu*king seasons are they gonna make!?) and now this Nicki Minaj bullsh*t. It's time to end this show. I hope the ratings drop drastically as the years go on. I sure as hell won't be tuning in.

It's pathetic how painfully obvious it is that the only reason Nicki was put on the show was because the producers prolly knew her and Mariah would start beefin' and they want the viewers to eat up all that drama BS instead of watching the show for the contestants.
 01-25-2013, 11:32 AM         #138
S E L F 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Simon Cowell can't sing. I doubt Randy can, either so who a fu*k whether Nicki is judging singers?

dumb n*ggas, think before you speak.
 5 years ago '06        #139
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
nicki's actually right..they just made the girl uncomfortable enough for her to say what they wanted to hear
 5 years ago '04        #140
HotBYoungTurk 13 heat pts13
space
space
$11,720 | Props total: 2019 2019
nicki right tho..
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
188 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
32 comments
1 day ago