Most Common Nightmares Interpreted…

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
58 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
251 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
71 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 01-23-2013, 06:53 PM         #1
6064 pageviews
79 comments

3rdcoasta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Most Common Nightmares Interpreted…

Author and radio host Diane Brandon has interpreted hundreds of dreams during her 40 years as a student of sleep research.
“I feel that our unconscious, which is the source of most but not all of our dreams, is a wonderful inner ally that is trying to bring us to wholeness and balance,” Brandon tell us.
Brandon helped us compile a list of the 10 most common nightmares, or dreams with negative meanings, which we have only edited for clarity.

1. Having a disease or health emergency
This nightmare could reflect a fear of an unknown thing suddenly having a negative impact on the dreamer’s life. It could also reflect an underlying fear of illness or of contracting a serious disease. It could also express a fear of not being able to enjoy life or that there’s something wrong (“ill” or “rotten”) in one’s life.
A nightmare about an illness could also be a way of telling the dreamer that he or she actually has an illness, even if consciously unaware of it.

[pic - click to view]

2. Being attacked or injured
This type of nightmare could reflect a fear of others, a fear of not fitting in, a literal fear of violence, or a fear of being figuratively “attacked” or criticized by others. It’s important to take into account the actual scenario and what’s going on in the dreamer’s life for meanings.

[pic - click to view]

3. Car trouble
This nightmare can reflect a feeling of not being able to move forward in life or even of one’s life being out of control. Our car is frequently how we not only travel, but “get to places” in life.

[pic - click to view]

4. Drowning
This nightmare could mean you feel overwhelmed or put out a lot of effort with no success or return. It could also simply represent a fear of water. It’s important to pay attention to the whole scenario as different meanings or even nuances could emerge.
For example, if the dreamer is drowning, it could mean one thing, but if the dreamer is drowning along with other people or being drowned by someone, there could be entirely different meanings.

[pic - click to view]

5. Falling
If there is no negative feeling attached to a “falling dream” (more of a dream than a nightmare), then the dream may be happening in what’s called the “hypnagogic state.” This is the state of consciousness between waking and sleeping.
We suddenly may feel that we’re falling, jerk awake, and then realize that we had indeed been sleeping. Nightmares of falling could reflect a fear of heights, a fear of not being in control, a feeling of having nothing solid to hold onto in life, or even a fear of death.

[pic - click to view]

6. Teeth falling out
This nightmare generally means you feel out of control, powerless, or inadequate. It can also reflect social embarrassment, fear of being unattractive, or fear of being revealed as inadequate or not up to snuff.
It would be important to consider what the dreamer was going through in life for more specific meanings.

[pic - click to view]

7. Being lost
This nightmare may be worse for children than for adults, but both can have it.
For adults, it can mean that the dreamer does not feel in control in life or does not know what to do next or which direction to go into.
It can reveal a figurative feeling of “not being able to find one’s way.” It could also potentially reflect a feeling of not paying attention to or following directions.

[pic - click to view]

8. Failing a test
This nightmare is fairly common, although the exact scenario can vary. It can indicate that one feels unprepared or hasn’t done something correctly in life. It can also refer to feeling that one has to prove oneself and either doesn’t know how or feels inadequate.
Depending upon the dreamer’s life and work, one may experience variations of this dream. It’s important to look at the exact scenarios for more precise meanings.
I, for example, have had an intermittent variation on this dream in which I am in a play that is opening soon. In the dream, I either didn’t realize I was cast in the play or had never been to a rehearsal, hadn’t read the script, or didn’t know my lines. (I acted in theatre for many years).

[pic - click to view]

79 comments for "Most Common Nightmares Interpreted…"

01-23-2013, 06:56 PM         #2
3rdcoasta  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
9. Being nekkid in public
This nightmare can often mean that the dreamer feels vulnerable or exposed in some way, as if he or she had no secrets, couldn’t measure up, or was inadequate. It could also mean feeling small or ganged up on

[pic - click to view]

10. Being chased
Many people report nightmares in which they’re being chased. This is often indicative of feeling overwhelmed, stressed, that something being avoided is catching up with them, or not getting everything done in their lives.
In interpreting dreams, it’s important to consider the feelings the dreamer had. For example, one woman in the audience when I was speaking on dreams recounted recurring dreams in which she was chased. When I asked her how she felt, however, she said that they were pleasant and that she enjoyed them. So, for her, these dreams were not nightmares.

[pic - click to view]

I would fall in the category of falling and being chased....so what im overwhelmed and stressed the fu*k out!!!!
 5 years ago '04        #3
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
I had a being chased dream. I was in a school and for some reason these gang members started trying to point me out, I hit the fu*kin floor running to the nearest exit and got down those stairs so fu*kin fast. I was actually happy at that point in the dream because I know I couldn't do some of that maneuvering in real life. Finally, like 5 stories down, I went outside and there was a small army of n*ggas and they just started unloading on a bunch of students. In order to avoid being shot I just laid down and played dead. This went on for like a minute straight, then all the shooters got out of there. When I got up off the floor there were a bunch of people still up and screaming, running around and sh*t, but also a bunch of people dead. The authorities came in to organize the victims and I couldn't find my brother or my cousin. I was crying my fu*kin eyes out thinking they were shot. When none of them were in the outside staging area I went to the temporary morgue they had set up in the old music hall, and there they were. The weird thing is that they had to string the bodies up like pieces of meat because there were so many of them. I collapsed to the floor and cried some more, but one by one the bodies started coming back to life and everyone was up and walking around, and there my brother and cousin were.

I woke up and the dream was over. I am a fu*kin lunatic.
 5 years ago '10        #4
BBhiphop 523 heat pts523
space
space
$17,052 | Props total: 20263 20263
I must be mentally ill...I dream about k!lling or being k!lled often as fu*k ==
 5 years ago '10        #5
Dopedog 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,616 | Props total: 3518 3518
Last night I dreamt I stepped in a bananapeel and fell. Fear of bananas?
 5 years ago '11        #6
bridouble 239 heat pts239
space
space
$6,951 | Props total: 2532 2532
What about snakes??
 5 years ago '10        #7
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
You ever be in a dream, but halfway through you realized its a dream and just start d!cking around?
 5 years ago '06        #8
Qbert 22 heat pts22
space
space
$4,635 | Props total: 2540 2540
What about trying to punch somebody, but the punch flows like you're under water. I hate that feeling. They also said nothing about night terrors.
 5 years ago '06        #9
Jhnnyblz427 175 heat pts175
space
space
$35,297 | Props total: 18216 18216
i stay having dreams about my teeth falling out
 01-24-2013, 03:40 PM         #10
TeddiGramz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I have had Jason chase me a few times in my dreams...... Everybody around me died though.. I never get k!lled....

What that mean?
 5 years ago '09        #11
Chalky 303 heat pts303
space
space
$27,392 | Props total: 17559 17559
 TeddiGramz said:
I have had Jason chase me a few times in my dreams...... Everybody around me died though.. I never get k!lled....

What that mean?
yo know lie in 6 grade i had a Dream the power rangers was f!ghting jason in my back alley

i was like jason seen me in the cut like fredo and i straight just
 01-24-2013, 07:01 PM         #12
youdug  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Qbert said:
What about trying to punch somebody, but the punch flows like you're under water. I hate that feeling. They also said nothing about night terrors.
i have dreams like this all the time.
also, chasing someone but feeling like im running up a hill made of quick sand.

someone else said about having a dream and realizing its a dream and start fu*king around.
i do that a lot too. not fu*k around, but actually try to control what happends.

i need one of these:

5 years ago '04        #13
marcchrome 42 heat pts42
space
space
$11,750 | Props total: 2410 2410
 e G o Maniac said:
I had a being chased dream. I was in a school and for some reason these gang members started trying to point me out, I hit the fu*kin floor running to the nearest exit and got down those stairs so fu*kin fast. I was actually happy at that point in the dream because I know I couldn't do some of that maneuvering in real life. Finally, like 5 stories down, I went outside and there was a small army of n*ggas and they just started unloading on a bunch of students. In order to avoid being shot I just laid down and played dead. This went on for like a minute straight, then all the shooters got out of there. When I got up off the floor there were a bunch of people still up and screaming, running around and sh*t, but also a bunch of people dead. The authorities came in to organize the victims and I couldn't find my brother or my cousin. I was crying my fu*kin eyes out thinking they were shot. When none of them were in the outside staging area I went to the temporary morgue they had set up in the old music hall, and there they were. The weird thing is that they had to string the bodies up like pieces of meat because there were so many of them. I collapsed to the floor and cried some more, but one by one the bodies started coming back to life and everyone was up and walking around, and there my brother and cousin were.

I woke up and the dream was over. I am a fu*kin lunatic.

5 years ago '11        #14
ricengravy 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,299 | Props total: 1697 1697
 TheMindOf said:
You ever be in a dream, but halfway through you realized its a dream and just start d!cking around?
lol those the best ones i run and look for the nearest female
 5 years ago '11        #15
ricengravy 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,299 | Props total: 1697 1697
dream that pisses me off is when someone chasing you u see somebody infront of you but when u call for help nothing comes out
 5 years ago '11        #16
knuckleHeads2 
space
space
$1,463 | Props total: 597 597
when i was young i always had dreams of getting chased by bigfoot or yeti. scared the sh*t outa me. but i never got caught tho
 01-24-2013, 09:01 PM         #17
varcitykid  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 3rdcoasta said:
4. Drowning
This nightmare could mean you feel overwhelmed or put out a lot of effort with no success or return. It could also simply represent a fear of water. It’s important to pay attention to the whole scenario as different meanings or even nuances could emerge.
For example, if the dreamer is drowning, it could mean one thing, but if the dreamer is drowning along with other people or being drowned by someone, there could be entirely different meanings.

[pic - click to view]

5. Falling
If there is no negative feeling attached to a “falling dream” (more of a dream than a nightmare), then the dream may be happening in what’s called the “hypnagogic state.” This is the state of consciousness between waking and sleeping.
We suddenly may feel that we’re falling, jerk awake, and then realize that we had indeed been sleeping. Nightmares of falling could reflect a fear of heights, a fear of not being in control, a feeling of having nothing solid to hold onto in life, or even a fear of death.

[pic - click to view]

7. Being lost
This nightmare may be worse for children than for adults, but both can have it.
For adults, it can mean that the dreamer does not feel in control in life or does not know what to do next or which direction to go into.
It can reveal a figurative feeling of “not being able to find one’s way.” It could also potentially reflect a feeling of not paying attention to or following directions.

[pic - click to view]

10. Being chased
Many people report nightmares in which they’re being chased. This is often indicative of feeling overwhelmed, stressed, that something being avoided is catching up with them, or not getting everything done in their lives.
In interpreting dreams, it’s important to consider the feelings the dreamer had. For example, one woman in the audience when I was speaking on dreams recounted recurring dreams in which she was chased. When I asked her how she felt, however, she said that they were pleasant and that she enjoyed them. So, for her, these dreams were not nightmares.

Yea, all of them seem pretty accurate. especially 10
 5 years ago '12        #18
Just BizNis 63 heat pts63
space
space
$12,912 | Props total: 2045 2045
 ricengravy said:
lol those the best ones i run and look for the nearest female
Cosign
 5 years ago '04        #19
123456 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,273 | Props total: 273 273
 Qbert said:
I've had that dream at least once a month the past 5 years. sh*t is weird. At first, I was never able to punch the person and they'd end up beating my a.ss. But now when I get those dreams, I'm able to hit them but it takes a while to do it and I'm still goin in slow motion.
 5 years ago '12        #20
Stillhyphy 39 heat pts39
space
space
$9,566 | Props total: 5605 5605
 DETOX2010 said:
I've been chased by zombies in the future big cities
Ive had zombie dreams so many times in life

I always wake up in dreams the second im about to get hurt
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
278 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
37 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
89 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy