most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
121 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
80 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 01-24-2013, 01:04 AM         #101
bobbydrake6 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What do you mean "WE" white man?
 5 years ago '07        #102
Blaze332 8 heat pts
space
space
$3,047 | Props total: 0 0
 dloc757 said:
I still don't get why people say "fu*k spike lee" because he didn't want to see the movie... what's wrong with that?

He literally just said "I'm not going to see the movie because I find it disrespectful" that's it. he didn't bash tarantino or anything. I think people are mad because he "didn't watch the film" but the dude READ THE SCRIPT!

I feel like people are too quick to "burn the witch" and sh*t
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to dloc757 again.
 5 years ago '04        #103
jbezy 
space
space
$874 | Props total: 9 9
so is quentin tarantino a racist??
 5 years ago '05        #104
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$36,999 | Props total: 1317 1317
the fu*k outta here with this bs, as many others (including some that acted in the movie) have said, I would be more offended if the movie did NOT have the language it had in it. Its during fu*king SLAVERY!

QT is known for having the best dialogue in hollywood, period. So what if he uses the N word?
People are fu*king idiots these days I tell ya.

I love some of Spike Lee's movies but go and see the fu*king movie first before you hate on it.

Last edited by katalist; 01-24-2013 at 01:42 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #105
natural 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,954 | Props total: 3 3
sensitive thugs u all need hugs
 01-24-2013, 01:45 AM         #106
TheMob 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So many white people in here.
 5 years ago '07        #107
mainevent4u88 101 heat pts101
space
space
$9,243 | Props total: 4718 4718
spike lee is the man and all, but.....

Tarantino>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
 5 years ago '10        #108
2113 36 heat pts36
space
space
$2,362 | Props total: 49 49
 skeetmcghee said:
Quentin tries so hard to be down. Yo I gotta black wife in the flick, i'm cool right??
If that is what you got from his wife being black then please stop posting.
 5 years ago '04        #109
D1nOnlyMrM@ 43 heat pts43
space
space
$12,450 | Props total: 1445 1445
 zhiggeman said:
nice write up but still pointless. Spike lee from back in the day has been long gone. Its funny the writer says he didn't do those movies for oscars when in fact that was why he did the story 4 little girls. Spike lost sight of what BLACK people wanted to see along time ago. While the same guy that wrote do the right thing, school daze, and jungle fever has appeared to have WAKEN UP (pun to what he use to say in his BLACK movies), he doesn't hold his tongue to critize other peoples work but you feel we should apologize to him because we critized his opinion of someone else work? riiiight..

the problem with black cienma and directors is they lack vision. they use the same tired subjects and play off the same old race angles. fu*k i know i'm black why do i have to watch a movie about black people that i have never met or will ever meet outside of watching your dumb a.ss movie? make some sci fi sh*t, make some other worldly sh*t, be creative. answer me this.. why is it easy to believe a white person is in a movie is rich and well to do, but when its a black person you automatically a.ssume drugs are involved? your mind says oh he sold dope to get that fly a.ss car and crib, yet with the white guy no explanation is needed? spike is guilty of such travestieis.. he needs to grow up content wise as should all directors.. not even going to mention marlon wayans scary movie
i agreed until ya said marlon wayans... he aint get paid for scary movie...so this is his way of doing it minus any other wayans brother...heard the interview on tom joyner.
 5 years ago '07        #110
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,835 | Props total: 4814 4814
 mainevent4u88 said:
spike lee is the man and all, but.....

Tarantino>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
spike has more quality films than qt has
 5 years ago '09        #111
ImAMonster 407 heat pts407
space
space
$37,400 | Props total: 10503 10503
Just watched Django. Had been putting it off to let the hype die down so I don't get caught up in the hype or what got said in it. Maybe the use of the word was a bit overused, but it got it's point across more clearly. Plus he's putting too much stock in the visible presentation of the word more than he is the meaning and direction of it. From what I got out of what I've heard of his comments, he's acting as if these are random, off-the-street white people saying this word just for the hell of it. He apparently fails to comprehend the message behind it. Spike Lee doesn't strike me as the type to use proper reasoning on any racial subject. Seems very one-sided and biased. A white man made a film with white people saying "N*****." As it seems to me, Spike Lee automatically interpreted that it would be presented in a way that would not do the meaning or history of the word justice. fu*k it, What do I know. I'm white so maybe I'm mis-interpreting this entire thing myself. Plus I haven't read the comments he made prior to this being posted. Didn't want spoilers or to have biased thinking during my viewing of said movie. That being said, Django was ILL. Didn't like the shooting scenes though, too much splattery blood sh*t, but then again it wouldn't be a tarantino film without it.
 5 years ago '05        #112
rashcobar 14 heat pts14
space
space
$11,824 | Props total: 3437 3437
 Optimus Crime said:
And I don't see exactly see how the story trivialized slavery. There can be humor in one thing... And it not trivialize what's actually happening. This movie (And QT's movies in general) are grounded in black humor. (Not African American humor).

Like the "Big Daddy" scene referenced above. Do you REALLY think that there weren't slave owners that referred to their female slaves as bi*ches and had them stroke their ego by forcing them to refer to them as things such as Big Daddy? Sure it may seem funny... But that sickening feeling in your stomach was exactly what he was going for IMO. My friends referred to Big Daddy as that dirty old man, or that sicko, or that pervert. It's not like he was built up as a great character. And QT even made him MORE of a scumbag with the
[spoiler - click to view]

angle.

The entire Mandingo f!ghting thing was an homage to the movie Mandingo, and a few different blaxploitation movies as well. Which is a genre that QT has said many times that he's a fan of. It wouldn't make monetary sense for a slave owner to mandingo f!ght... But the fact that a human being could force another human being is sickening (And something glorified in white culture.. i.e. gladiators.) The whole Mandingo f!ghting scene wasn't meant to be cool.. It was meant to be sickening. Just because someone has a sick sense of humor doesn't mean he doesn't understand the gravity of the situation (Like the Dog Scene)

He had the same type of black humor in Basterds. And that was a time as bad for jews as the Django era is for African Americans. There's nothing funny about holocaust or the Nazi regimen... But there were plenty of laughs in Basterds. It's his style... Granted it's not for everyone but I don't think he's intending to trivialize or disrespect anything.

Plus he showed just as much attention to Kerry Washington's feet as he shows everyone elses
I reckon a lot of white folks genuinely found some of those "uncomfortable" scenes funny though. I can totally see how this film exploits slavery and how it does so in a more disingenuous way to how it does in IB. Good film and good script though but yeah QT has a love for the word ****** that doesn't sit well with me.
 5 years ago '11        #113
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,383 | Props total: 3849 3849
Those "nigg#r" moments in Tarentino flicks always catch me off guard, but never have i thought it was having a negative impact on anything. This is actually how a lot of people speak behind closed doors, especially in the past.

I understand how someone may not want a movie like Django to be made. Its a sensitive topic and its something that many people feel you cant talk about, especially not creatively.

But the movie is great, just like Inglorious Basterds, just like all of his movies.

The only thing i didnt like
[spoiler - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #114
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,383 | Props total: 3849 3849
Also, did anyone realize they were using "n*gga" instead of "Nigg3r"? I found that to be an interesting choice.
 01-24-2013, 06:19 AM         #115
nigs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Just another fu*king director whose maken money, and f quintin too, mofo knew this bs would generate money, not becuase of the movie but the use of the word, a teh end of teh day, its money and nothing more. But if lee had done this movie, he would have been rediculed just the same. Any one ever seen summer of sam, thas a spike lee joint too -_-
 5 years ago '04        #116
hewsdaddy 
space
space
$7,277 | Props total: 2 2
QT put the reggie miller on him
 5 years ago '07        #117
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,835 | Props total: 4814 4814
 ImAMonster said:
Just watched Django. Had been putting it off to let the hype die down so I don't get caught up in the hype or what got said in it. Maybe the use of the word was a bit overused, but it got it's point across more clearly. Plus he's putting too much stock in the visible presentation of the word more than he is the meaning and direction of it. From what I got out of what I've heard of his comments, he's acting as if these are random, off-the-street white people saying this word just for the hell of it. He apparently fails to comprehend the message behind it. Spike Lee doesn't strike me as the type to use proper reasoning on any racial subject. Seems very one-sided and biased. A white man made a film with white people saying "N*****." As it seems to me, Spike Lee automatically interpreted that it would be presented in a way that would not do the meaning or history of the word justice. fu*k it, What do I know. I'm white so maybe I'm mis-interpreting this entire thing myself. Plus I haven't read the comments he made prior to this being posted. Didn't want spoilers or to have biased thinking during my viewing of said movie. That being said, Django was ILL. Didn't like the shooting scenes though, too much splattery blood sh*t, but then again it wouldn't be a tarantino film without it.
u really are
 5 years ago '05        #118
C. Wat 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,972 | Props total: 999 999
 Tony Franks said:
Also, did anyone realize they were using "n*gga" instead of "Nigg3r"? I found that to be an interesting choice.
on the contrary... its was nigg3r. What you were hearing is that deep southern draw that makes er sometimes sound like a.

Truth be told... there isnt really a difference between the two... its just something us black folk us to make you white people squirm!
 5 years ago '06        #119
julez456 
space
space
$156 | Props total: 0 0
 DaOmega_1 said:
Hey, it's a dead horse everybody! Let's beat it!!!!!
OKAY!!!

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '06        #120
Drumatic50 16 heat pts16
space
space
$5,685 | Props total: 927 927
Its just a personal preference if spike likes quentin's movies or not, other than that, nobody should give a fk. Either watch or dont watch his movies, plain and simple
Home      

most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
169 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
91 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
203 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
188 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
229 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
91 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Matt Barnes retires
52 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
263 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy