We Owe Spike Lee a Huge Apology

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
28 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
134 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
187 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #61
ezduzit 9 heat pts
space
space
$9,242 | Props total: 2419 2419
 Msirae said:
I don't understand how the use of the word in Pulp Fiction wasn't authentic. The character was angry and was yelling, how many of us have heard or said offensive sh*t while we're angry.
exactly.... tarantino himself said he doesnt shy from the truth in his movies...if yall dont think that most white people use the n-word when they are angrily referring or talking about black people in the sanctity of their own homes...then yall are just as naive as spike and this dude who wrote this article
 5 years ago '12        #62
ezduzit 9 heat pts
space
space
$9,242 | Props total: 2419 2419
and also...most people dont know the story about the 1200 black soldiers that were supposedly massacred during WWII....tarantino is also trying to do a movie that plays off of that in "Killer Crow" that is a spinoff of Inglorious Basterds....alot of americans dont know about that story cause the government buried that sh*t deep....if anything, hes bringin exposure to issues that most americans hate to hear or talk about....i dont see how hes closet racist like some close minded people be sayin smh
 5 years ago '06        #63
illstate11 
space
space
$2,223 | Props total: 86 86
Good article but his point can be easily countered. He's saying everybody should give spike lee thanks, that he is responsible for the performances of certain black actors. Idk if I agree, or if Denzel / Halle credit spike lee for being the reason they've received an Oscar.

Spike lee has gotten his recognition/ respect/ and props, just cus he don't wanna support django, doesn't mean this shoulda became a story as it has
 5 years ago '10        #64
rdrake 28 heat pts28
space
space
$7,321 | Props total: 421 421
Good read....but everyone should know this already unless you're a troll on Boxden
 5 years ago '05        #65
BadIntentionz 4 heat pts
space
space
$3,562 | Props total: 813 813
damn good read and good point, ,much props deserved for this
 5 years ago '12        #66
Trelli3Matrix 
space
space
$10,722 | Props total: 5695 5695
Ok were apologizing for when he put that fake address of ZImmerman up and had people mobbin some old couples house on some beauty and the beast sh*t?? Oh not that? Ok
 5 years ago '04        #67
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,063 | Props total: 4415 4415
 r.burgundy said:
you cant inform everyone some people are just to ignorant to be informed
 01-23-2013, 08:24 PM         #68
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
QT always degraded blks in his movies...the use of the word makes no sense, he just throw it in there just to do
 5 years ago '10        #69
Pete Butter 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,637 | Props total: 143 143
GREAT FREAKING ARTICLE
 5 years ago '08        #70
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
$12,943 | Props total: 5500 5500
 NvrCMyNut said:
do white & black people ever stop whining over petty sh*t?

can't wait till america is a hispanic country
fu*kin right. Tacos, siestas, big a.sses

MosDefinition said:
you cant inform everyone some people are just to ignorant to be informed

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #71
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
$9,243 | Props total: 692 692
After seeing the movie (I wanted to watch it because I like most QT flicks, and Christoph Waltz>>>>), I definitely understand Spike Lee's point as to why he didn't want to see the film. Again, lets not ignore an important part of this editorial, that Spike had already read the script before the movie, so him seeing the movie is not really relevant if he's read the script.

While I was watching the movie, I noticed that I began to compartmentalize how I felt during the flick and after watching. It certainly is a great movie in terms of acting, cinematography, storytelling, etc... all of the (for lack of better terms) "technical" aspects of the film. However, it felt very awkward watching some of the scenes in the movie... the big house where Don Johnson was the pimp/slave owner "Big Daddy". Hearing the character Betina call him Big Daddy while he called her his ****** bi*ch definitely struck a negative chord with me, as did the scenes with the Black men f!ghting to the death at the behest of DiCaprio's character, and sicking the dogs on the slave who climbed up the tree.

Yes, this movie does trivialize slavery in my opinion, especially when you add 2Pac and Rick Ross to the score. This is worth mentioning because hip hop, for all the good it is and has done and has the potential to do, has been used as a tool in exploiting the Black American populace, as well as creating and reinforcing stereotypes of Black people in America. Adding any comedic spin to a one of the most vile periods in American History, whose impact is felt both systematically and systemically to this very day, is in effect marginalizing the enslavement and brutalization of Black people in America; and it is a further insult to use a term whose history is rooted in discrimination towards Blacks as a way to facilitate the comedic aspect of a movie whose setting is a recreation of the darkest hour in this nations history.
 01-23-2013, 08:30 PM         #72
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '10        #73
Pete Butter 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,637 | Props total: 143 143
 Msirae said:
At the end of the day this movie got everyone talking about slavery in ways that haven't been talked about for decades. Plus the movie is raw, QT da god.
People are NOT discussing slavery. People are making arguments to use the N word. These two discussions are so not the same
 5 years ago '07        #74
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,915 | Props total: 1802 1802
I remember a few years back seeing Spike Lee speak at a church during Thanksgiving and he said "kids are starving these days", while wearing a gold chain with a diamond crusted Jesus cross around his neck. C'mon Spike...
 5 years ago '08        #75
Soda Pop 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,023 | Props total: 5085 5085
 zhiggeman said:
nice write up but still pointless. Spike lee from back in the day has been long gone. Its funny the writer says he didn't do those movies for oscars when in fact that was why he did the story 4 little girls. Spike lost sight of what BLACK people wanted to see along time ago. While the same guy that wrote do the right thing, school daze, and jungle fever has appeared to have WAKEN UP (pun to what he use to say in his BLACK movies), he doesn't hold his tongue to critize other peoples work but you feel we should apologize to him because we critized his opinion of someone else work? riiiight..

the problem with black cienma and directors is they lack vision. they use the same tired subjects and play off the same old race angles. fu*k i know i'm black why do i have to watch a movie about black people that i have never met or will ever meet outside of watching your dumb a.ss movie? make some sci fi sh*t, make some other worldly sh*t, be creative. answer me this.. why is it easy to believe a white person is in a movie is rich and well to do, but when its a black person you automatically a.ssume drugs are involved? your mind says oh he sold dope to get that fly a.ss car and crib, yet with the white guy no explanation is needed? spike is guilty of such travestieis.. he needs to grow up content wise as should all directors.. not even going to mention marlon wayans scary movie
Your viewing habits might have something to do with your opinion. Just because you watch the lowest form of entertainment doesn't mean you should be an as*hole. Watch better films d!ck head.

To the point the article is great and right how the fu*k do you call a guy that was the only guy making black movies an uncle Tom? Like I said from jump I know why he feels the way he feels and I can respect his opinion, it's his life. Not one time did Spike say you shouldn't support the film or QT(who was givin a role in one of spikes films) he just said he didn't want to see it.

Last edited by Soda Pop; 01-23-2013 at 09:22 PM..
 5 years ago '08        #76
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
 Bullseye said:
I remember a few years back seeing Spike Lee speak at a church during Thanksgiving and he said "kids are starving these days", while wearing a gold chain with a diamond crusted Jesus cross around his neck. C'mon Spike...
Was he drinking his vodka?
 5 years ago '07        #77
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,403 | Props total: 2522 2522
 MosDefinition said:
i saw the movie 1 it sucked 2 it was to long second most of the acting was awful from sam jacksons uncle ruckus impersonation to dicaprios sh*tty louisiana accent
Wasn't a Louisiana accent at all...
 5 years ago '04        #78
dog4life 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,613 | Props total: 286 286
funny thing about pulp fiction his wife was black
 5 years ago '08        #79
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
 dog4life said:
funny thing about pulp fiction his wife was black
So was Mr Orange's partner in Resevoir Dogs.
 5 years ago '04        #80
TheProtege9020 54 heat pts54
space
space
$5,482 | Props total: 869 869
 zhiggeman said:
the problem with black cienma and directors is they lack vision. they use the same tired subjects and play off the same old race angles. fu*k i know i'm black why do i have to watch a movie about black people that i have never met or will ever meet outside of watching your dumb a.ss movie? make some sci fi sh*t, make some other worldly sh*t, be creative. answer me this.. why is it easy to believe a white person is in a movie is rich and well to do, but when its a black person you automatically a.ssume drugs are involved? your mind says oh he sold dope to get that fly a.ss car and crib, yet with the white guy no explanation is needed? spike is guilty of such travestieis.. he needs to grow up content wise as should all directors.. not even going to mention marlon wayans scary movie
This.

That the main problem with black directors. They stick to the same sh*t.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
44 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
56 comments
21 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
95 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
59 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside XXXTentacion gets 7 more charges added to his case and asks fans to sho..
93 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy