We Owe Spike Lee a Huge Apology

most viewed right now
 75
Image(s) inside Arab girls are leveling up too(got a booty and curves)
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 63
NBA KD just pulled Barkley's card
71 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 51
Video inside This was by far the best catfish
41 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 44
Image(s) inside Twitter exposed SZA as FAKE Again ( CAREER FINALLY OVER?)
183 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #21
wmsproductions 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$599 | Props total: 90 90
Good read.
 5 years ago '09        #22
Spiffy 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$20,051 | Props total: 28 28
cant sugar coat the fact that the word was and still is used today. Bunch of soft fu*ks in here. Now people laughing when the word was said during the movie is a different thing.
 5 years ago '08        #23
triznathaniel 43 heat pts43
space
avatar space
space
$6,032 | Props total: 1601 1601
100% of the white population experiences episodes of euphoria whenever they hear the n word. It appeals to the racist pleasure centers that exist naturally within the hot dog water junkyard rat soup eating caucasoid brain. QT is a demagogue who needs to be stopped, or at least decried and ultimately have his profile raised.
 5 years ago '07        #24
dloc757 11 heat pts11 OP
space
avatar space
space
$730 | Props total: 377 377
I still don't get why people say "fu*k spike lee" because he didn't want to see the movie... what's wrong with that?

He literally just said "I'm not going to see the movie because I find it disrespectful" that's it. he didn't bash tarantino or anything. I think people are mad because he "didn't watch the film" but the dude READ THE SCRIPT!

I feel like people are too quick to "burn the witch" and sh*t
 5 years ago '07        #25
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$40,198 | Props total: 5335 5335
 DaOmega_1 said:
I did. And, it doesn't do anything for me. I don't question Spike Lee as an artist, or a thinker. I don't need five paragraphs to tell me stuff I already know. No one is doubting his place in cinema, or how important of a creative voice he is to our culture. In that sense, I don't owe Spike Lee sh*t, let alone an apology.

I don't think the writer's response is a strong one that negates any of the inherent flaws that exists in Spike Lee's argument. Nor does it convince me that it is anything other than a knee-jerk reaction to a period of history being depicted in a different fashion than Spike would like it to be depicted. That's on him, and I won't argue with that feeling, or question its validity.

And, my comprehension skills are just fine, thank you...
apparently not
 5 years ago '07        #26
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$40,198 | Props total: 5335 5335
 DaOmega_1 said:
A good movie? He hasn't made one of those since "Inside Man".
red hook summer was very good
 5 years ago '07        #27
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$40,198 | Props total: 5335 5335
 psylence2k said:
Spike Lee has done good work in the past and propz to him for it but...

Don't nobody "owe" Spike Lee shyt

we're entitled to an opinion just like he is

and we're entitled to criticism just like he is too

we dont even know this muthahphucka personally, talking about we owe him an apology

Propz to Spike Lee but FOH with that retarded train of thought
he doesnt mean it in a literal sense man,all he is sayin is spike has a right to voice his opinion witout gettin attacked
 5 years ago '04        #28
psylence2k 59 heat pts59
space
space
space
$13,034 | Props total: 2259 2259
 r.burgundy said:
he doesnt mean it in a literal sense man,all he is sayin is spike has a right to voice his opinion witout gettin attacked
literal sense or not , it's a stupid way to "word" his argument about Spike Lee's argument

and No, Spike Lee doesn't have the right to voice something without getting attacked

Spike Lee has attacked other people in the past numerous times. Does this mean Spike Lee can criticize someone else's work but not get criticized back ??

everyone has the right to an opinion and everyone has the right to respond/criticize/and attack back at someone else's opinion.
 5 years ago '07        #29
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$40,198 | Props total: 5335 5335
 psylence2k said:
literal sense or not , it's a stupid way to "word" his argument about Spike Lee's argument

and No, Spike Lee doesn't have the right to voice something without getting attacked

Spike Lee has attacked other people in the past numerous times. Does this mean Spike Lee can criticize someone else's work but not get criticized back ??


everyone has the right to an opinion and everyone has the right to respond/criticize/and attack back at someone else's opinion.
its stupid to somebody who doesnt understand what is bein said.
and judgin by tha bolded u still clearly dont understand.spike didnt attack django or tarrantino.he just said he wont watch a slave movie that isnt true to tha source.he didnt make it a qt issue,or a n*gga issue,so their is really nothin to criticize in his statement
 5 years ago '05        #30
DaOmega_1 276 heat pts276
space
avatar space
space
$14,262 | Props total: 5395 5395
 r.burgundy said:
apparently not


Explain...

 r.burgundy said:
red hook summer was very good
No, it wasn't.
 5 years ago '08        #31
SlickJ101 25 heat pts25
space
avatar space
space
$13,808 | Props total: 7115 7115
 Msirae said:
Show me a more evil Jewish character in recent memory

But I know the Jewish film companies would never allow another and this must of been a mistake to allow it to happen, right?
 5 years ago '07        #32
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$40,198 | Props total: 5335 5335
 DaOmega_1 said:


Explain...



No, it wasn't.
judgin by your posts on tha statement,and by convo we have had your 1 of those who didnt understand spikes quote.u felt he should watch tha movie 1st before havin an opinion,when his statement had nothin to do wit tha quality of tha film

your taste for good has been dubious at best.
 5 years ago '09        #33
UrbanEnterprise 88 heat pts88
space
avatar space
space
$20,825 | Props total: 17841 17841
yo this burgandy guy can be a fu*king idiot at times
 5 years ago '05        #34
DaOmega_1 276 heat pts276
space
avatar space
space
$14,262 | Props total: 5395 5395
 r.burgundy said:
judgin by your posts on tha statement,and by convo we have had your 1 of those who didnt understand spikes quote.u felt he should watch tha movie 1st before havin an opinion,when his statement had nothin to do wit tha quality of tha film

your taste for good has been dubious at best.
I never suggested that it was about the quote. Read my previous post a little more carefully before you a.ssume things.

The part that I think is inherently flawed is not him refusing to see the movie. It's about the fact that he, an artist known for button pushing films, is telling a fellow filmmaker what he should and shouldn't do with his film. He says slavery should not be depicted in the style of a Spaghetti Western. My question is, why? Why can't it?
 5 years ago '07        #35
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$40,198 | Props total: 5335 5335
 DaOmega_1 said:
I never suggested that it was about the quote. Read my previous post a little more carefully before you a.ssume things.

The part that I think is inherently flawed is not him refusing to see the movie. It's about the fact that he, an artist known for button pushing films, is telling a fellow filmmaker what he should and shouldn't do with his film. He says slavery should not be depicted in the style of a Spaghetti Western. My question is, why? Why can't it?
u said tha writer didnt address flaws in spikes argument did u not?what he is sayin is that spike didnt make an argument.his statement was very simple.he isnt intrested in seein a slave movie thats made in that style

he didnt tell anybody what they should or shouldnt do,he just said he isnt interested in that type of film.tha answer to tha question why is deep.i had a white person tell me tha movie was hilarious.imo,hilarity isnt tha 1st word that should come out your mouth when we are supposed to have a realistic portrayal of slavery


Last edited by r.burgundy; 01-23-2013 at 04:37 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #36
DaOmega_1 276 heat pts276
space
avatar space
space
$14,262 | Props total: 5395 5395
 r.burgundy said:
u said tha writer didnt address flaws in spikes argument did u not?what he is sayin is that spike didnt make an argument.his statement was very simple.he isnt intrested in seein a slave movie thats made in that style

he didnt tell anybody what they should or shouldnt do,he just said he isnt interested in that type of film.tha answer to tha question why is deep.i had a white person tell me tha movie was hilarious.imo,hilarity isnt tha 1st word that should come out your mouth when we are supposed to have a realistic portrayal of slavery
No, I said the writer does nothing to change what I think about Spike's a.ssessment of the film. The writer can call it whatever he likes. But, it is an argument in that it creates an avenue for discussion. Period. Really, call it what it is.

Hilarity isn't the first word. But, then again, who EVER said this was a realistic portrayal of slavery? Oh wait, NO ONE DID. Yes, it's funny in parts. But, yes... it's also horrifying and sobering as well. The film has an undercurrent of sadness. It isn't nearly the happy-go-lucky film you seem to think it is. But, what the film actually does is use the style of the Spaghetti Western (which isn't nearly as silly as Spike makes it seem like it is) to actually highlight cruelty of the era in a way more memorable, more vital, and more urgent than any other filmed depiction of slavery (save for ROOTS).

Again, I'm not gonna argue about Spike's not seeing the movie, and feeling like it's disrespectful. That's a personal feeling I can understand. But, what I will not do is regard it as anything more than that just because it's Spike Lee.

But, like I said in a previous thread...


[pic - click to view]



Anyway, you may return to beating this dead horse.


Last edited by DaOmega_1; 01-23-2013 at 04:53 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #37
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$40,198 | Props total: 5335 5335
 DaOmega_1 said:
No, I said the writer does nothing to change what I think about Spike's a.ssessment of the film. The writer can call it whatever he likes. But, it is an argument in that it creates an avenue for discussion. Period. Really, call it what it is.

Hilarity isn't the first word. But, then again, who EVER said this was a realistic portrayal of slavery? Oh wait, NO ONE DID. Yes, it's funny in parts. But, yes... it's also horrifying and sobering as well. The film has an undercurrent of sadness. It isn't nearly the happy-go-lucky film you seem to think it is. But, what the film actually does is use the style of the Spaghetti Western (which isn't nearly as silly as Spike makes it seem like it is) to actually highlight cruelty of the era in a way more memorable, more vital, and more urgent than any other filmed depiction of slavery (save for ROOTS).

Again, I'm not gonna argue about Spike's not seeing the movie, and feeling like it's disrespectful. That's a personal feeling I can understand. But, what I will not do is regard it as anything more than that just because it's Spike Lee.
and again,spike didnt give an a.ssesment of tha film,as how he hasnt seen it,and doesnt plan on it

and thus we have spikes issue.dont make some sh*t about my ancestors that aint reali feel tha same way.dont trivialize our history to make a buck
 5 years ago '08        #38
SlickJ101 25 heat pts25
space
avatar space
space
$13,808 | Props total: 7115 7115
 r.burgundy said:
and again,spike didnt give an a.ssesment of tha film,as how he hasnt seen it,and doesnt plan on it

and thus we have spikes issue.dont make some sh*t about my ancestors that aint reali feel tha same way.dont trivialize our history to make a buck
That is so fu*king stupid.

So nobody make a movie about anything unless it's 100% historically accurate (which is impossible to prove).

Not like Django trivialized anything in the first place.
 5 years ago '07        #39
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$40,198 | Props total: 5335 5335
 SlickJ101 said:
That is so fu*king stupid.

So nobody make a movie about anything unless it's 100% historically accurate (which is impossible to prove).

Not like Django trivialized anything in the first place.
people can make whateva they want,dont mean im watchin it tho
 5 years ago '08        #40
SlickJ101 25 heat pts25
space
avatar space
space
$13,808 | Props total: 7115 7115
 r.burgundy said:
people can make whateva they want,dont mean im watchin it tho
Yea you'll just make comments about it like how it "trivializes" people without even seeing it.

Also known as retarded to anyone w common sense.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 32
Video inside The Deep Dark Web
120 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 27
Giving out da ehroll and the wet noodle🍲
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 24
Image(s) inside May 18 - Trump orders Postmaster General to DOUBLE Amazon's shipping r..
65 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 10
Video inside amber gets gets answer she aint ready for
154 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 9
bad bi-ch she's so thick, I don't even need a pill
16 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 6
Colin Farrell destroying bullys dad
57 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 6
Video inside May 19 - Congratulations Royal Couple: Harry & Meghan
62 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 5
May 19 - African Americans lead other minority groups in terms of spending pow..
99 comments
1 day ago
@news
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy