We Owe Spike Lee a Huge Apology

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
126 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #21
wmsproductions 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$587 | Props total: 24 24
Good read.
 5 years ago '09        #22
Spiffy 34 heat pts34
space
space
$20,051 | Props total: 26 26
cant sugar coat the fact that the word was and still is used today. Bunch of soft fu*ks in here. Now people laughing when the word was said during the movie is a different thing.
 5 years ago '08        #23
triznathaniel 42 heat pts42
space
space
$5,825 | Props total: 1322 1322
100% of the white population experiences episodes of euphoria whenever they hear the n word. It appeals to the racist pleasure centers that exist naturally within the hot dog water junkyard rat soup eating caucasoid brain. QT is a demagogue who needs to be stopped, or at least decried and ultimately have his profile raised.
 5 years ago '07        #24
dloc757 11 heat pts11 OP
space
space
$681 | Props total: 313 313
I still don't get why people say "fu*k spike lee" because he didn't want to see the movie... what's wrong with that?

He literally just said "I'm not going to see the movie because I find it disrespectful" that's it. he didn't bash tarantino or anything. I think people are mad because he "didn't watch the film" but the dude READ THE SCRIPT!

I feel like people are too quick to "burn the witch" and sh*t
 5 years ago '07        #25
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,828 | Props total: 4801 4801
 DaOmega_1 said:
I did. And, it doesn't do anything for me. I don't question Spike Lee as an artist, or a thinker. I don't need five paragraphs to tell me stuff I already know. No one is doubting his place in cinema, or how important of a creative voice he is to our culture. In that sense, I don't owe Spike Lee sh*t, let alone an apology.

I don't think the writer's response is a strong one that negates any of the inherent flaws that exists in Spike Lee's argument. Nor does it convince me that it is anything other than a knee-jerk reaction to a period of history being depicted in a different fashion than Spike would like it to be depicted. That's on him, and I won't argue with that feeling, or question its validity.

And, my comprehension skills are just fine, thank you...
apparently not
 5 years ago '07        #26
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 DaOmega_1 said:
A good movie? He hasn't made one of those since "Inside Man".
red hook summer was very good
 5 years ago '07        #27
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 psylence2k said:
Spike Lee has done good work in the past and propz to him for it but...

Don't nobody "owe" Spike Lee shyt

we're entitled to an opinion just like he is

and we're entitled to criticism just like he is too

we dont even know this muthahphucka personally, talking about we owe him an apology

Propz to Spike Lee but FOH with that retarded train of thought
he doesnt mean it in a literal sense man,all he is sayin is spike has a right to voice his opinion witout gettin attacked
 5 years ago '04        #28
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,786 | Props total: 1792 1792
 r.burgundy said:
he doesnt mean it in a literal sense man,all he is sayin is spike has a right to voice his opinion witout gettin attacked
literal sense or not , it's a stupid way to "word" his argument about Spike Lee's argument

and No, Spike Lee doesn't have the right to voice something without getting attacked

Spike Lee has attacked other people in the past numerous times. Does this mean Spike Lee can criticize someone else's work but not get criticized back ??

everyone has the right to an opinion and everyone has the right to respond/criticize/and attack back at someone else's opinion.
 5 years ago '07        #29
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 psylence2k said:
literal sense or not , it's a stupid way to "word" his argument about Spike Lee's argument

and No, Spike Lee doesn't have the right to voice something without getting attacked

Spike Lee has attacked other people in the past numerous times. Does this mean Spike Lee can criticize someone else's work but not get criticized back ??

everyone has the right to an opinion and everyone has the right to respond/criticize/and attack back at someone else's opinion.
its stupid to somebody who doesnt understand what is bein said.
and judgin by tha bolded u still clearly dont understand.spike didnt attack django or tarrantino.he just said he wont watch a slave movie that isnt true to tha source.he didnt make it a qt issue,or a n*gga issue,so their is really nothin to criticize in his statement
 5 years ago '05        #30
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,830 | Props total: 4096 4096
 r.burgundy said:
apparently not

Explain...

r.burgundy said:
red hook summer was very good
No, it wasn't.
 5 years ago '08        #31
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
$12,945 | Props total: 5500 5500
 Msirae said:
Show me a more evil Jewish character in recent memory

But I know the Jewish film companies would never allow another and this must of been a mistake to allow it to happen, right?
 5 years ago '07        #32
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 DaOmega_1 said:

Explain...

No, it wasn't.
judgin by your posts on tha statement,and by convo we have had your 1 of those who didnt understand spikes quote.u felt he should watch tha movie 1st before havin an opinion,when his statement had nothin to do wit tha quality of tha film

your taste for good has been dubious at best.
 5 years ago '09        #33
UrbanEnterprise 62 heat pts62
space
space
$18,432 | Props total: 11260 11260
yo this burgandy guy can be a fu*king idiot at times
 5 years ago '05        #34
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
judgin by your posts on tha statement,and by convo we have had your 1 of those who didnt understand spikes quote.u felt he should watch tha movie 1st before havin an opinion,when his statement had nothin to do wit tha quality of tha film

your taste for good has been dubious at best.
I never suggested that it was about the quote. Read my previous post a little more carefully before you a.ssume things.

The part that I think is inherently flawed is not him refusing to see the movie. It's about the fact that he, an artist known for button pushing films, is telling a fellow filmmaker what he should and shouldn't do with his film. He says slavery should not be depicted in the style of a Spaghetti Western. My question is, why? Why can't it?
 5 years ago '07        #35
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 DaOmega_1 said:
I never suggested that it was about the quote. Read my previous post a little more carefully before you a.ssume things.

The part that I think is inherently flawed is not him refusing to see the movie. It's about the fact that he, an artist known for button pushing films, is telling a fellow filmmaker what he should and shouldn't do with his film. He says slavery should not be depicted in the style of a Spaghetti Western. My question is, why? Why can't it?
u said tha writer didnt address flaws in spikes argument did u not?what he is sayin is that spike didnt make an argument.his statement was very simple.he isnt intrested in seein a slave movie thats made in that style

he didnt tell anybody what they should or shouldnt do,he just said he isnt interested in that type of film.tha answer to tha question why is deep.i had a white person tell me tha movie was hilarious.imo,hilarity isnt tha 1st word that should come out your mouth when we are supposed to have a realistic portrayal of slavery

Last edited by r.burgundy; 01-23-2013 at 05:37 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #36
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
u said tha writer didnt address flaws in spikes argument did u not?what he is sayin is that spike didnt make an argument.his statement was very simple.he isnt intrested in seein a slave movie thats made in that style

he didnt tell anybody what they should or shouldnt do,he just said he isnt interested in that type of film.tha answer to tha question why is deep.i had a white person tell me tha movie was hilarious.imo,hilarity isnt tha 1st word that should come out your mouth when we are supposed to have a realistic portrayal of slavery
No, I said the writer does nothing to change what I think about Spike's a.ssessment of the film. The writer can call it whatever he likes. But, it is an argument in that it creates an avenue for discussion. Period. Really, call it what it is.

Hilarity isn't the first word. But, then again, who EVER said this was a realistic portrayal of slavery? Oh wait, NO ONE DID. Yes, it's funny in parts. But, yes... it's also horrifying and sobering as well. The film has an undercurrent of sadness. It isn't nearly the happy-go-lucky film you seem to think it is. But, what the film actually does is use the style of the Spaghetti Western (which isn't nearly as silly as Spike makes it seem like it is) to actually highlight cruelty of the era in a way more memorable, more vital, and more urgent than any other filmed depiction of slavery (save for ROOTS).

Again, I'm not gonna argue about Spike's not seeing the movie, and feeling like it's disrespectful. That's a personal feeling I can understand. But, what I will not do is regard it as anything more than that just because it's Spike Lee.

But, like I said in a previous thread...

[pic - click to view]

Anyway, you may return to beating this dead horse.

Last edited by DaOmega_1; 01-23-2013 at 05:53 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #37
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 DaOmega_1 said:
No, I said the writer does nothing to change what I think about Spike's a.ssessment of the film. The writer can call it whatever he likes. But, it is an argument in that it creates an avenue for discussion. Period. Really, call it what it is.

Hilarity isn't the first word. But, then again, who EVER said this was a realistic portrayal of slavery? Oh wait, NO ONE DID. Yes, it's funny in parts. But, yes... it's also horrifying and sobering as well. The film has an undercurrent of sadness. It isn't nearly the happy-go-lucky film you seem to think it is. But, what the film actually does is use the style of the Spaghetti Western (which isn't nearly as silly as Spike makes it seem like it is) to actually highlight cruelty of the era in a way more memorable, more vital, and more urgent than any other filmed depiction of slavery (save for ROOTS).

Again, I'm not gonna argue about Spike's not seeing the movie, and feeling like it's disrespectful. That's a personal feeling I can understand. But, what I will not do is regard it as anything more than that just because it's Spike Lee.
and again,spike didnt give an a.ssesment of tha film,as how he hasnt seen it,and doesnt plan on it

and thus we have spikes issue.dont make some sh*t about my ancestors that aint reali feel tha same way.dont trivialize our history to make a buck
 5 years ago '08        #38
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
and again,spike didnt give an a.ssesment of tha film,as how he hasnt seen it,and doesnt plan on it

and thus we have spikes issue.dont make some sh*t about my ancestors that aint reali feel tha same way.dont trivialize our history to make a buck
That is so fu*king stupid.

So nobody make a movie about anything unless it's 100% historically accurate (which is impossible to prove).

Not like Django trivialized anything in the first place.
 5 years ago '07        #39
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 SlickJ101 said:
That is so fu*king stupid.

So nobody make a movie about anything unless it's 100% historically accurate (which is impossible to prove).

Not like Django trivialized anything in the first place.
people can make whateva they want,dont mean im watchin it tho
 5 years ago '08        #40
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
people can make whateva they want,dont mean im watchin it tho
Yea you'll just make comments about it like how it "trivializes" people without even seeing it.

Also known as retarded to anyone w common sense.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
41 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
75 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
66 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago