We Owe Spike Lee a Huge Apology

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
41 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
122 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #221
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
space
$25,316 | Props total: 8297 8297
The movie isn't disrespectful to anyone's ancestors. I could use the same argument and tell Spike that we don't need to see another movie about black face to understand that it was wrong.

Film is a form of art. In this case, the art depicted and expanded upon a time period in the United States history.

Idk what else he expected to be honest.

Anyway, great movie by Tarantino (and as we know Tarantino ALWAYS addresses race in his films) and it is worthy of all awards it receives and is nominated for.
 5 years ago '07        #222
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,830 | Props total: 4804 4804
 lilmeaty6122 said:
YOU ARE RIGHT...i dont know what i was thinking about all alone on my little island feeling disrespected because of this movie...i failed to see that this is really a Black empowerment movie that makes me hold my head up high...this movie makes me see myself in a totally different light thanks to QT...im forever grateful for him...what was i ever thinking???
comments like his is why i resent these type of movies bein made.did literally said this movie was made as a show of respect to black people

tha arrogance of tha white man has no bounds
 5 years ago '07        #223
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 144 strong said:
The same way blacks/latinos think Obama is something special is the same way they think about Michael King (MLK). Like i said, if he was a real man of god like he claimed to be why was he using congregation money for white prostitutes. Why was caught on tape saying to a white prostitute "Im your ****** tonight". JFK and his wife were both qouted in saying how he was a fraud. Like I posted previously even his right hand man Abernathy wrote about Kings secret foul habits. Like I said he still my brotha, but Michael King didn't do anything positive for us. He led our people to wolves and destroyed black economics and the sense of community we had prior to integration.
catholic church has men of god molesting boys.people are people.sh*t happens.your judgin kings private life,what about malcoms.again,his private life doesnt change tha fact that he put his life on tha line for his people

if your man writes a book talkin about your foul habits,who is really tha foul 1 there?

its easy to sit here 40 years later and criticize integregation,especially while u reap tha benefits of it,but millions marched,fought,died for it.damn near every black leader of those times fought for integration,not just mlk.integration didnt destroy anything,and really tha main point of it was about access to white education.us blacks are often our own worst enemies.tha fact that we got blacks in here defendin tarrantino,and otha blacks callin 1 of our great black leaders a fraud is proof of that
 5 years ago '06        #224
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 r.burgundy said:
comments like his is why i resent these type of movies bein made.did literally said this movie was made as a show of respect to black people

tha arrogance of tha white man has no bounds

are u really still crying about this movie? its been weeks, u still havent seen it and u're here responding to every comment desperately wanting people to give a sh*t about ur opinion..we get it, u're offended and extremely angry because spike lee told u to be..good job, now u can rest a.ssured that we're all aware that u're offended

ur stupidity is alot more disrespectful to black people than the movie
 5 years ago '07        #225
vjlindse 
space
space
space
$25 | Props total: 1 1
Fact: when black people aren't around, non-racist white people occasionally say the n-word. Especially if it's in one of their favorite songs.
 5 years ago '09        #226
UrbanEnterprise 62 heat pts62
space
space
$18,433 | Props total: 11264 11264
 coolio said:
are u really still crying about this movie? its been weeks, u still havent seen it and u're here responding to every comment desperately wanting people to give a sh*t about ur opinion..we get it, u're offended and extremely angry because spike lee told u to be..good job, now u can rest a.ssured that we're all aware that u're offended

yet noone has told me why they think the film is disrespectful

you know how u get them "i don't need to tell you cuz its obvious" responses knowing damn well they can't answer the question cuz they haven't seen the movie
 5 years ago '07        #227
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 coolio said:

why do white people hate a black man wit an opinion so much lol.this thread is 13 pages.i might have 7 comments in here.i responded to those who responded to me

i said i wasnt goin to see it before spike said anything.nice try tho coolio

im stupid cause i dont care for a stupid movie
 5 years ago '12        #228
144 strong 22 heat pts22
space
space
$438 | Props total: 106 106
 r.burgundy said:
catholic church has men of god molesting boys.people are people.sh*t happens.your judgin kings private life,what about malcoms.again,his private life doesnt change tha fact that he put his life on tha line for his people

if your man writes a book talkin about your foul habits,who is really tha foul 1 there?

its easy to sit here 40 years later and criticize integregation,especially while u reap tha benefits of it,but millions marched,fought,died for it.damn near every black leader of those times fought for integration,not just mlk.integration didnt destroy anything,and really tha main point of it was about access to white education.us blacks are often our own worst enemies.tha fact that we got blacks in here defendin tarrantino,and otha blacks callin 1 of our great black leaders a fraud is proof of that

Ahch i dont care what that filthy church does. Christianity has absolutely nothing to do w/ Christ nor the Most High, but once again this is another convo. I didn't say Malcolm was better any better, the one good thing about Malcolm was he knew the white man/woman was the devil besides that he mislead our people as well w/ that false religion, Islam. Saying a African being in office that hasn't done sh*t for blacks/latinos but bad mouth black/latino men, isn't progress. Going to white schools is not progress. Once again you have a no understanding of our history. We had brilliant thinkers before integrated schools. Black people were in congress before integration as well. Coming out of slavery the white race was beyond afraid of our resourcefulness. Thats why they burned down our black wallstreet in 1921, but prior to that in the early 1900's we were flourishing there. An thats not the only place if you do the research you'll find that we had our own before integrating.

Think about it, if you have had a people in bondage. Then you take the physical chains off of them and see that after all the mental, physical, emotional abuse you put them through that they are now growing not only self sufficient but are constructing there own society within your society. How are you gonna feel knowing that the people you loathe are becoming wealthy even after all you abuse.

Again show me the rate of black on black crime in 1935 and then show me the rate in 1977 and there on. Integration was a military tactic to further destroy our people, except now they do it on the inside. The white man/woman have been exceptional in there wickedness and devilish (deceiving) ways. Only a deceiver can make an entire people believe they're better off depending on there oppressor rather than themselves.
 5 years ago '09        #229
UrbanEnterprise 62 heat pts62
space
space
$18,433 | Props total: 11264 11264
 r.burgundy said:
why do white people hate a black man wit an opinion so much lol.this thread is 13 pages.i might have 7 comments in here.i responded to those who responded to me

no you're stupid cuz you're calling a movie stupid without watching it first

seriously how stupid is that
 5 years ago '06        #230
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 r.burgundy said:

not white and its not about u having an opinion, it's about ur opinion being stupid and unfounded for weeks u've been crying about what this movie means and u havent even seen it

u're letting ur desperate desire to be offended cloud ur judgement and logic simple as that
 5 years ago '08        #231
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
$12,945 | Props total: 5503 5503
 coolio said:
not white and its not about u having an opinion, it's about ur opinion being stupid and unfounded for weeks u've been crying about what this movie means and u havent even seen it

u're letting ur desperate desire to be offended cloud ur judgement and logic simple as that

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #232
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 UrbanEnterprise said:
no you're stupid cuz you're calling a movie stupid without watching it first

seriously how stupid is that
 5 years ago '07        #233
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 coolio said:

ur doin more cryin than i am,and i seriously doubt u could tell me my opinion on this issue

but anywho,when tha movies was 1st announced plenty of people on this board,me included said they had no desire to watch a tarrantino n1ggerfest of a movie.dudes is seriously actin like its a problem to not want to see a movie filled wit somethin u find offensiveboy go sit down some where
 5 years ago '08        #234
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,101 | Props total: 23314 23314
 lilmeaty6122 said:
i never said that these never happened...again like the author of this article said if you have to actually see this movie to understand how this movie is disrespectful then you missed the whole point...if you dont understand that then you just dont understand...but im not going back and forth with you or anyone else debating reasons why this is disrespectful to me and my ancestors

i havent seen life is beautiful but i would bet that movie is not disrespectful to them in any way because they have people with power that make sure those types of things dont happen on film or anywhere else in america for that matter
C'mon man, you can't use a cop out 'you just don't get it' answer. You're on a discussion forum, its entire purpose is back and forth debating. Explain why its disrespectful. Otherwise, I can just a.ssume. And my first a.ssumption is that it isn't what's in the movie(you haven't seen it anyway), its who's directing it. My second a.ssumption is that Spike is the big name that's against Django so you're just taking his side while having no real reasons for standing beside his opinion.
 5 years ago '07        #235
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 144 strong said:
Ahch i dont care what that filthy church does. Christianity has absolutely nothing to do w/ Christ nor the Most High, but once again this is another convo. I didn't say Malcolm was better any better, the one good thing about Malcolm was he knew the white man/woman was the devil besides that he mislead our people as well w/ that false religion, Islam. Saying a African being in office that hasn't done sh*t for blacks/latinos but bad mouth black/latino men, isn't progress. Going to white schools is not progress. Once again you have a no understanding of our history. We had brilliant thinkers before integrated schools. Black people were in congress before integration as well. Coming out of slavery the white race was beyond afraid of our resourcefulness. Thats why they burned down our black wallstreet in 1921, but prior to that in the early 1900's we were flourishing there. An thats not the only place if you do the research you'll find that we had our own before integrating.

Think about it, if you have had a people in bondage. Then you take the physical chains off of them and see that after all the mental, physical, emotional abuse you put them through that they are now growing not only self sufficient but are constructing there own society within your society. How are you gonna feel knowing that the people you loathe are becoming wealthy even after all you abuse.

Again show me the rate of black on black crime in 1935 and then show me the rate in 1977 and there on. Integration was a military tactic to further destroy our people, except now they do it on the inside. The white man/woman have been exceptional in there wickedness and devilish (deceiving) ways. Only a deceiver can make an entire people believe they're better off depending on there oppressor rather than themselves.
its not to u cause u werent tha guy marchin to washington,gettin dogs and fire hoses turned on u,and gettin thrown in jail,just that man could hav tha right to run for office

i have no concept of history??my man where do u post at?im probally 1 of tha most knowledgable on this board when it comes to black history.if u think integration of schools isnt progress and we had all these great thinkers,how about u take a look at a black textbook from 1950.look at tha conditions of black schoolhouses so maybe u can grasp tha importance

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

as far as tha rise of integration,that was sparked by a few things.after blacks came home ww2,war production factory jobs were still in full swing.once production stopped blacks begin to lose their jobs at 3:1 ratio vs whites and laws were brought back up barring blacks from work.in 1954 u had brown vs b.o.e,which tha supreme court said seperate schools were unconstitutional but did nothin to enforce it,then tha following year u had tha murder of emmit till.integration started as a direct result of these things.tha failure to ensure equal education,lack of jobs and a blind eye to justice.dr.king is a young teen at this time.he was just pickin up where web dubois,james wheldon etc left off

black wall street represents a small minority.black communities as a whole were not thriving.tha fact that those whites were able to massacre and destroy an entire community and get away wit it should tell u tha importance of civil rights/integration

black on black crime extends as far back to slavery.i suggest u do some research.frederick douglas speaks of it heavily in his autobiography
 5 years ago '04        #236
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,069 | Props total: 4417 4417
 coolio said:

the whole premise of why this movie is offe nsive went over your head

im against the very concept of a spaghetti western having a slavery back drop

he could have just made a western staring jaimie foxx but no he choose this and then did a sh*tty job on top of it
 5 years ago '05        #237
lilmeaty6122 
space
space
space
$780 | Props total: 1 1
 Arson said:
C'mon man, you can't use a cop out 'you just don't get it' answer. You're on a discussion forum, its entire purpose is back and forth debating. Explain why its disrespectful. Otherwise, I can just a.ssume. And my first a.ssumption is that it isn't what's in the movie(you haven't seen it anyway), its who's directing it. My second a.ssumption is that Spike is the big name that's against Django so you're just taking his side while having no real reasons for standing beside his opinion.
im not the type that likes to go back & forth all day with people who are probably 15 year old white kids...i told you why its disrespectful on the surface...sorry but im not going deep into everything for you...your a.ssumptions are ALL wrong just so you know...yes i have seen the movie at home...reason being is because i refuse to financially support a movie by going to the theater to analyze it...i have nothing against QT but i do know who he is and what type of work he puts out...and the type of work that he puts out without a doubt shows me he is no friend of Black people...your second a.ssumption is also wrong too...i heard about this movie a year ago in a completely unopinionated press release...to paraphrase it said that QT was going to be directing a western/comedy/love story set around slavery & dealing with slavery starring jamie foxx, kerry washington & samuel jackson...i wish you were on my facebook because i posted that article at that point a year ago and i said how disrespectful this was and how Blacks will sell our souls for a dollar...so i had the same opinion a year ago without having seen the movie and also without knowing spike lee's opinion and now a year my feelings are STILL the same
 5 years ago '09        #238
JewsusChrist 211 heat pts211
space
space
space
$17,406 | Props total: 73 73
Movie was hilarious especially when dude was like "is that a ****** on a horse?" the way dude said it was too funny
 5 years ago '12        #239
144 strong 22 heat pts22
space
space
$438 | Props total: 106 106
 r.burgundy said:
its not to u cause u werent tha guy marchin to washington,gettin dogs and fire hoses turned on u,and gettin thrown in jail,just that man could hav tha right to run for office

i have no concept of history??my man where do u post at?im probally 1 of tha most knowledgable on this board when it comes to black history.if u think integration of schools isnt progress and we had all these great thinkers,how about u take a look at a black textbook from 1950.look at tha conditions of black schoolhouses so maybe u can grasp tha importance

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

as far as tha rise of integration,that was sparked by a few things.after blacks came home ww2,war production factory jobs were still in full swing.once production stopped blacks begin to lose their jobs at 3:1 ratio vs whites and laws were brought back up barring blacks from work.in 1954 u had brown vs b.o.e,which tha supreme court said seperate schools were unconstitutional but did nothin to enforce it,then tha following year u had tha murder of emmit till.integration started as a direct result of these things.tha failure to ensure equal education,lack of jobs and a blind eye to justice.dr.king is a young teen at this time.he was just pickin up where web dubois,james wheldon etc left off

black wall street represents a small minority.black communities as a whole were not thriving.tha fact that those whites were able to massacre and destroy an entire community and get away wit it should tell u tha importance of civil rights/integration

black on black crime extends as far back to slavery.i suggest u do some research.frederick douglas speaks of it heavily in his autobiography

First show me the stats of that black on black crime then and now, please do. Secondly Black wallstreet was just an example of the economic independence we used to have, but it wasn't the only. What you've so poorly overlooked in every post i have made is the fact that integration completely seperated the black community. Only a slave believes that not having there own and having to beg hand and foot to the white man is sufficient. Brotha, when you look at the arabs they support there own. The fake white jews have taken over brooklyn and only support other fake white jews. The chinese come over fresh off the boat and set up businesses and only support one another. Yet you leave it to black/latino people, no, we must integrate w/ white people. We've gotta be a part of there society. Man we are slaves and the worst thing about it is we don't even know it. Im not saying the white man didn't terrorize us in segregation, sh*t they still terrorize us now, but we stuck together back then and we still had our own. We weren't willing slaves.

Everything you showed are the same things they show our kids, but they don't show the real truth. We've never needed the white mans help only uncle toms that wanted to metaphorically live in massa's house believed that. To say we needed white peoples help is to believe we're just as dumb and helpless as they paint us and thats far from the truth. Let me show you something my great uncles and aunts all taught themselves how to read w/ out the white mans education system and both became teachers.

You talk about outdated books back then, negro, we're integrated and we still have outdated books now so what are you really saying. Come on ahch, wake up. The white man isn't anything, we didn't need him or his woman then, and we don't need them now.
You also stated we lost our job 3:1 to whites then, we still do now. Stop believing false facade that integration was key, King was some great leader, and we should spiritually continue to join this wicked society. Wake up ahch, we've been fed lies from the beginning.
You can believe the lies if you want but when this spiritual Egypt and Babylon fall dont get stuck trying to save it.
 5 years ago '07        #240
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 144 strong said:
First show me the stats of that black on black crime then and now, please do. Secondly Black wallstreet was just an example of the economic independence we used to have, but it wasn't the only. What you've so poorly overlooked in every post i have made is the fact that integration completely seperated the black community. Only a slave believes that not having there own and having to beg hand and foot to the white man is sufficient. Brotha, when you look at the arabs they support there own. The fake white jews have taken over brooklyn and only support other fake white jews. The chinese come over fresh off the boat and set up businesses and only support one another. Yet you leave it to black/latino people, no, we must integrate w/ white people. We've gotta be a part of there society. Man we are slaves and the worst thing about it is we don't even know it. Im not saying the white man didn't terrorize us in segregation, sh*t they still terrorize us now, but we stuck together back then and we still had our own. We weren't willing slaves.

Everything you showed are the same things they show our kids, but they don't show the real truth. We've never needed the white mans help only uncle toms that wanted to metaphorically live in massa's house believed that. To say we needed white peoples help is to believe we're just as dumb and helpless as they paint us and thats far from the truth. Let me show you something my great uncles and aunts all taught themselves how to read w/ out the white mans education system and both became teachers.

You talk about outdated books back then, negro, we're integrated and we still have outdated books now so what are you really saying. Come on ahch, wake up. The white man isn't anything, we didn't need him or his woman then, and we don't need them now.
You also stated we lost our job 3:1 to whites then, we still do now. Stop believing false facade that integration was key, King was some great leader, and we should spiritually continue to join this wicked society. Wake up ahch, we've been fed lies from the beginning.
You can believe the lies if you want but when this spiritual Egypt and Babylon fall dont get stuck trying to save it.
what u dont understand is tha plight of african americans.unlike arabs,and chinese,african americans have been completely disconnected from our mainland.so we arent comparible to anybody else in regards of business.its easy to sit here in 2012 and talk about what went went wrong wit integration,but tha seeds of what went wrong were planted long before that.from tha time africans got here they have been divided systematically.1st they were seperated from family,then divided by color.slaves actually would f!ght each otha over his master they thought was better.black division didnt start wit integration.its been there since tha beggining

real truth is my moms and grandmoms went to these schools literally.and if u think they didt need access to white schools,any southerner will tell u different.
i think u totally dont understand tha point of integration.it wasnt about needin anything from tha white man othan a fair education and justice.it was about havin things every ciitizen is entitled to.sorry my man,but in any country u need basic rights.our situation is much different from tha kosovo albanians,romani's of europe etc etc.witout basic rights and protection of civil liberty there isnt much u can accomplish

stop makin a.ssumptions.dr.king was a great leader.wether u liked him or no doesnt take away from anything.point of my post is regardless of his personal demons he deserves respect,and tha fact that another brotha is bashin him for all to see goes back to a division thats been there since slavery.whites see u bash dr.king,then they think its ok for them to do it.and this is why we got sh*t like jackie brown,and django bein made now.blacks cant even be united when its a issue that shouldnt even be debateable
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
261 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
76 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
102 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
97 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
46 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
30 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
The Rock has a message for The Avengers
39 comments
22 hours ago