We Owe Spike Lee a Huge Apology

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
29 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
70 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
57 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #201
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,086 | Props total: 4432 4432
i hope some of you **** a.ss mother fu*kers breaking your fingers to typing a defense of this piece of sh*t realize that that the word was over used there were so many other words used back then the use made it even less authentic
 5 years ago '08        #202
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
$12,983 | Props total: 5556 5556
 MosDefinition said:
i hope some of you **** a.ss mother fu*kers breaking your fingers to typing a defense of this piece of sh*t realize that that the word was over used there were so many other words used back then the use made it even less authentic
You sound like such a whiney bi*ch
 5 years ago '04        #203
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,086 | Props total: 4432 4432
 SlickJ101 said:
You sound like such a whiney bi*ch
you havent had a single valid counter point to any criticisms so now youve resorted to name calling glad to know i can complete ignore any further comments on this topic from you
 5 years ago '08        #204
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
 MosDefinition said:
you havent had a single valid counter point to any criticisms so now youve resorted to name calling glad to know i can complete ignore any further comments on this topic from you
After your valid point of how the word was overused because...? You were there?

01-24-2013, 11:29 PM         #205
factorx3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Great article, great share. If people can't understand what he is trying to say, then leave them be.
 5 years ago '07        #206
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,847 | Props total: 4832 4832
 144 strong said:
Out of everything i wrote thats all you caught? smh.

An really if you knew anything about King, you would renounce that statement. King was a fraud who had a coke habit, used congregation money for white prostitutes, and ultimately destroyed black economics w/ the help of other uncle toms. Even his right hand man Abernathy was qouted in saying how he had a coke habit and used money for white prostitutes. King was a false prophet(leader) for our people. His dream has been a complete nightmare for black/latino people, but of course the unlearned of our people can't and won't see this.
im not a huge king fan but a coke habit and pus*y problem doesnt change tha fact that he put his and his families lives on tha line for black people
 5 years ago '07        #207
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 clipse_designz said:
I didn't hear jews and europeans crying about inglorious bastards, you know why...

BECAUSE ITS A fu*kING FILM.
did your simple a.ss miss tha jews and christians who cried ova passion of tha christ,thought it was just a film
 5 years ago '07        #208
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 UrbanEnterprise said:
you still didn't answer my question

because slavery was depicted as a spaghetti western is disrespectful how again??? does that take away from the brutality of slave times??? there was no hanging in the film, there was no r*pe of black women in the film so why include gas chambers or concentration camps in IB.

there was however cold blooded murder in the opening scene of IB and not to mention the strangling of a woman who was helping the american jews

but i'll let you go ahead and be on your own little island thinking your ancestors would disapprove of this film, i'm not even black and i feel they would love the story of love and rescue while still being able to show the pain and suffering that they went through

that is called respect, to showcase the honest truth, to remind your dumbass what your people went through, to enjoy a film where u can raise your head up high and be proud of what your people have become, very strong indeed
django unchained is a show of respect to black people nowi done heard it all
 5 years ago '04        #209
The S-Word 
space
space
$3,679 | Props total: 1300 1300
 SlickJ101 said:
As we're talking about Django that's what you come up with?

Keep talking, you're hilarious.
Everything I have to say about the movie (And Tarantino's N-word obsession) has already been said by others. However, seeing as you're not contributing anything to the thread but a bunch of Junior High-level insults, you have no room to say the same about anyone else. Your 'ability' to respond to any truthful statements about the racist members of your race like the butthurt 12-year-old you are is the only 'hilarious' thing I see here

In other words, try again.
 5 years ago '09        #210
UrbanEnterprise 62 heat pts62
space
space
$18,517 | Props total: 11384 11384
 r.burgundy said:
django unchained is a show of respect to black people nowi done heard it all
My God you're an idiot, u really hate this movie lol
 5 years ago '07        #211
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 UrbanEnterprise said:
My God you're an idiot, u really hate this movie lol
i havent watched it yet.keep fallin asleep
 5 years ago '06        #212
illstate11 
space
space
$2,223 | Props total: 86 86
This thread too serious. Where's that mlk thread where n*ggas was putting captions on a pic of him. I need a laugh.

Somebody had to have saved that one that said damn forgot my library card
 5 years ago '11        #213
Xyrax 
space
space
$2,397 | Props total: 2458 2458
n*gga fu*k spike lee, and fu*k the knicks. You sensitive a.ss n*ggas bout ready to p!ss me off with all this whining.
 5 years ago '08        #214
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
 The S-Word said:
Everything I have to say about the movie (And Tarantino's N-word obsession) has already been said by others. However, seeing as you're not contributing anything to the thread but a bunch of Junior High-level insults, you have no room to say the same about anyone else. Your 'ability' to respond to any truthful statements about the racist members of your race like the butthurt 12-year-old you are is the only 'hilarious' thing I see here

In other words, try again.
Cry again The truth is it's a word that was used respectfully for the setting of the film and you and the other little girls are very, very sensitive.
 5 years ago '11        #215
royman04 18 heat pts18
space
space
$12,319 | Props total: 4609 4609
I understand spike lee's point of view

I spent money to see Django, wasn't that impressed I'm over tarantino's
Silly action movies. You know the ones were he shows ridiculous amounts of blood for a gun shot wound...
I feel like he is trolling me
 5 years ago '12        #216
144 strong 22 heat pts22
space
space
$438 | Props total: 106 106
 Dos-effect said:
He realized that there was no way for us a people to f!ght the government, Non violence was the only logical answer to change the situation.........he was a Chess player......where as your on some checkers bullsh*t.....
He was a chess player, smh. You are simple, once again do your history ahch. King didn't benefit nobody but white folks pockets.
 5 years ago '12        #217
144 strong 22 heat pts22
space
space
 Curtisimo said:
Please don't tell me you think the Jim Crow laws should still exists because thats what it sounds like with this post
When you looked at how economically destroyed black/latino people are, yes i do believe it was a good thing. When you look at the statistics of black/latino deaths a year post integration we began murdering ourselves. Why because of self hatred, we became well conditioned slaves to not only depend on white people for everything but also we began murdering one another. Prior to integration you didn't much if any hear of us murdering one another, but after integration you saw the rise of drugs and violence w/ in our communities. Once again do your research of black owned businesses prior integration, the black man/womans dollar circulated through our community several times over before leaving. The same way the fake white jews support only other fake white jews, that is how black people were before integration.

Last edited by 144 strong; 01-25-2013 at 09:07 AM..
 5 years ago '12        #218
144 strong 22 heat pts22
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
im not a huge king fan but a coke habit and pus*y problem doesnt change tha fact that he put his and his families lives on tha line for black people

The same way blacks/latinos think Obama is something special is the same way they think about Michael King (MLK). Like i said, if he was a real man of god like he claimed to be why was he using congregation money for white prostitutes. Why was caught on tape saying to a white prostitute "Im your ****** tonight". JFK and his wife were both qouted in saying how he was a fraud. Like I posted previously even his right hand man Abernathy wrote about Kings secret foul habits. Like I said he still my brotha, but Michael King didn't do anything positive for us. He led our people to wolves and destroyed black economics and the sense of community we had prior to integration.
 5 years ago '05        #219
lilmeaty6122 
space
space
space
$780 | Props total: 1 1
 UrbanEnterprise said:
you still didn't answer my question

because slavery was depicted as a spaghetti western is disrespectful how again??? does that take away from the brutality of slave times??? there was no hanging in the film, there was no r*pe of black women in the film so why include gas chambers or concentration camps in IB.

there was however cold blooded murder in the opening scene of IB and not to mention the strangling of a woman who was helping the american jews

but i'll let you go ahead and be on your own little island thinking your ancestors would disapprove of this film, i'm not even black and i feel they would love the story of love and rescue while still being able to show the pain and suffering that they went through

that is called respect, to showcase the honest truth, to remind your dumbass what your people went through, to enjoy a film where u can raise your head up high and be proud of what your people have become, very strong indeed
YOU ARE RIGHT...i dont know what i was thinking about all alone on my little island feeling disrespected because of this movie...i failed to see that this is really a Black empowerment movie that makes me hold my head up high...this movie makes me see myself in a totally different light thanks to QT...im forever grateful for him...what was i ever thinking???
 5 years ago '05        #220
lilmeaty6122 
space
space
space
$780 | Props total: 1 1
 Arson said:
how can you feel disrespected or offended by truth?

A lot of Django that actually deal with the treatment of blacks in America, happened in real life. Shackled ankles, dogs being sicked on us(and was still happening even in the 60s), whip beatings, being seen as sub human/******s, house n*ggas/uncle toms, field slaves, auctions, etc and etc.

I would be offended if QT made it seem like everything was happy go lucky in that era for blacks. But that's not what happened. The world portrayed in Django is cruel and unforgiving for blacks just as it was during the time it takes place and still remains to be just at a more subtle level.

Go watch Life Is Beautiful and get back to me about Jewish people being offended if a movie took some creative liberties about a serious event in history.
i never said that these never happened...again like the author of this article said if you have to actually see this movie to understand how this movie is disrespectful then you missed the whole point...if you dont understand that then you just dont understand...but im not going back and forth with you or anyone else debating reasons why this is disrespectful to me and my ancestors

i havent seen life is beautiful but i would bet that movie is not disrespectful to them in any way because they have people with power that make sure those types of things dont happen on film or anywhere else in america for that matter
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
187 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
49 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy