We Owe Spike Lee a Huge Apology

most viewed right now
 57
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
59 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 56
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
56 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
 37
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 35
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
50 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #181
Bandito 92 heat pts92
space
space
space
$4,863 | Props total: 7103 7103
Some people don't know what spaghetti western means?

The Spaghetti Western was a novel kind of Western. In films the hero enters a town that is ruled
by one or two outlaw gangs and ordinary social relations are non-existent. He betrays and plays
the gangs against one another in order to make money. Then he uses his cunning and inordinate
weapons skill to a.ssist a family threatened by both gangs. He is disclosed and severely beaten,
but in the end he again uses cunning and inordinate weapons skills to defeat the remaining gang.
The interaction in this story between a mode of cunning and irony (the tricks, deceits, unexpected
actions and sarcasms of the hero) on the one hand, and a mode of pathos (terror and brutality
against defenceless people and against the hero after he has been revealed) on the other, was
aspired to and sometimes attained by the imitations that soon flooded the cinemas. Just as
seminal and imitated was Ennio Morricone's music that expresses a similar duality between
quirky and unusual sounds and instruments on the one hand and sacral dramatizing for the
big confrontation scenes, on the other.

Especially the mode of the pathetic received a big boost with Sergio Corbucci's very
influential Django. However in the following years the mode of cunning and irony became
more prominent, not least under influence of Sergio Leone's next two Westerns, with
their emphasis on unstable partnerships.


What's disrespectful about portraying a story in that manner?
 5 years ago '04        #182
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,915 | Props total: 634 634
 UrbanEnterprise said:

that is called respect, to showcase the honest truth, to remind your dumbass what your people went through, to enjoy a film where u can raise your head up high and be proud of what your people have become, very strong indeed
fu*k that film and tarantino. our people havent become strong, we have always been strong. and we dont need some white film maker to tell us that. and were reminded everyday of what our people went through, because black ppl here and abroad are still struggling, still grasping for the independence we once had, largely due to the same ppl who are now taking the privlege to make these films.
 5 years ago '05        #183
jondaincredible 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,840 | Props total: 254 254
fu*k Quentin Tarantino, Spike Lee, and you bi*ch a.ss pus*ys.
 5 years ago '12        #184
ScroogeMcDuck 38 heat pts38
space
avatar space
space
$6,937 | Props total: 26 26
 dlettern said:
Are you serious? Did you miss the whole point of the original post?

I watched Inglorious Bastards. The Jews in that movie were badass. None of them needed a non-Jew to help them get their revenge on the Nazis.
Uh, Brad Pitt's character was a non-jew and he led the Basterds, so on that point you're wrong.

And Django wasn't a badass in the movie?
 5 years ago '09        #185
UrbanEnterprise 62 heat pts62
space
avatar space
space
$18,472 | Props total: 11356 11356
 jplaydadon said:
fu*k that film and tarantino. our people havent become strong, we have always been strong. and we dont need some white film maker to tell us that. and were reminded everyday of what our people went through, because black ppl here and abroad are still struggling, still grasping for the independence we once had, largely due to the same ppl who are now taking the privlege to make these films.
so if the filmmaker was black, you would approve???
 5 years ago '10        #186
Bandito 92 heat pts92
space
space
space
$4,863 | Props total: 7103 7103
 jplaydadon said:
first off, its a difference. k!lling a deserving antagonist and k!lling someone because of the color of their skin is entirely different. white ppl have had their FILL of movies k!lling us off, creating inaccurate portrayals of our character to a.ssist in creating the idea that we are a peril and that our ill treatment is justified. so trying to make "kill whitey" vaild is just wrong because they arent dying undeservingly. ive heard that argument from conservatives and it doesnt make sense. they want to have done everyone wrong, benefit from it, then tell other ppl they cant do the same thing lol. its the same stupid argument they make with affirmative action, even though they still live off the upper hand a history of racism has given them

as far as the ****** word, i dont know exactly what the fu*k they do lol. im not them, but i do know that lots of white do use that word still in a negative, racist, and steretypical fashion, and, like i mentioned in my other post, links them to a sense of power and privlege, largely because the current order of things hasnt changed so much that it would be irrelevant. i feel that tarantino is playing on that to sell his movie, good move, just dont respect that.

and no, because of that blacks shouldnt ENJOY the k!ll whitey moments either for the same reasons i mentioned. its not just about k!lling white people for the sake of. if those people did you wrong, then they did deserve to die. enjoying k!lling people for the sake of makes us as bad as them, and we're not. and to me if people have to ignore large parts of a movie and highlight others just to watch a film, then the movie isnt as good and effective as it could have been then
That's the way I feel. But, you said white people or racist white people will
watch the movie and enjoy the use of n*gger. But while the whites k!lled
in the movie do "deserve" to die. It would not seem that way to a racist,
because the characters are just embodying white supremacy and a racist
would see no wrong in their actions, so it would appear to them they are
being k!lled for no reason, except being white. So, most of the movie
would not be enjoyable to them.
 5 years ago '12        #187
144 strong 22 heat pts22
space
avatar space
space
$438 | Props total: 106 106
 Dos-effect said:
Just want to say, MLK took a bullet for your black a.ss, you have every right to your opinion, but he laid his life down for your freedom....man deserves more then that homie
Out of everything i wrote thats all you caught? smh.

An really if you knew anything about King, you would renounce that statement. King was a fraud who had a coke habit, used congregation money for white prostitutes, and ultimately destroyed black economics w/ the help of other uncle toms. Even his right hand man Abernathy was qouted in saying how he had a coke habit and used money for white prostitutes. King was a false prophet(leader) for our people. His dream has been a complete nightmare for black/latino people, but of course the unlearned of our people can't and won't see this.
 01-24-2013, 05:26 PM         #188
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
SMh......yall bugging I could understand this type of talk before the movie came out......but the movie has been out..........and its not really racist.......
 5 years ago '10        #189
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
n*ggas really been arguing about this same sh*t for a month now

It's already been established that Spike Lee a jealous fu*k n*gga, and all his peers in Hollywood agree.
 5 years ago '09        #190
UrbanEnterprise 62 heat pts62
space
avatar space
space
$18,472 | Props total: 11356 11356
 Dos-effect said:
SMh......yall bugging I could understand this type of talk before the movie came out......but the movie has been out..........and its not really racist.......
the funny thing is those who are saying the movie is racist haven't even seen it yet
 5 years ago '04        #191
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,915 | Props total: 634 634
 UrbanEnterprise said:
so if the filmmaker was black, you would approve???
not necessarily, but i dont think the film would be what it is if the director was black.
 01-24-2013, 05:31 PM         #192
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 144 strong said:
Out of everything i wrote thats all you caught? smh.

An really if you knew anything about King, you would renounce that statement. King was a fraud who had a coke habit, used congregation money for white prostitutes, and ultimately destroyed black economics w/ the help of other uncle toms. Even his right hand man Abernathy was qouted in saying how he had a coke habit and used money for white prostitutes. King was a false prophet(leader) for our people. His dream has been a complete nightmare for black/latino people, but of course the unlearned of our people can't and won't see this.
Oh please stfu, your a bum on the internet that has never done sh*t for anyone. You may not agree with his politics, but he died for you, your future ability to get a education, a somewhat fair chance at life......to sh*t on his life because you want to be some fake a.ss militant ON THE INTERNET none the less is wack as fu*k. Like him or not he led the revolution that sparked the road to even have a President that is half black......and I tend to agree with you to a degree( you can miss me with the coke and prostitue bullsh*t.....I mean let he without sin....you feel me)......but the fact is without MLK where the fu*k would your life be like today?
 5 years ago '08        #193
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
avatar space
space
$40,109 | Props total: 23332 23332
 lilmeaty6122 said:
im not sure if you are Black or white but whatever you are im not going to waste much time explaining why as an informed Black man that this movie disrespects me & my ancestors...i'll just state the obvious that this is a spaghetti western centered around Black men & women that are slaves in slave times...that in itself should resonate with you but if not oh well

do you think jews would be disrespected by a spaghetti western depicting jews centered around the jewish holocaust w/ gas chambers & concentration camps???
how can you feel disrespected or offended by truth?

A lot of Django that actually deal with the treatment of blacks in America, happened in real life. Shackled ankles, dogs being sicked on us(and was still happening even in the 60s), whip beatings, being seen as sub human/******s, house n*ggas/uncle toms, field slaves, auctions, etc and etc.

I would be offended if QT made it seem like everything was happy go lucky in that era for blacks. But that's not what happened. The world portrayed in Django is cruel and unforgiving for blacks just as it was during the time it takes place and still remains to be just at a more subtle level.

Go watch Life Is Beautiful and get back to me about Jewish people being offended if a movie took some creative liberties about a serious event in history.
 5 years ago '04        #194
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,915 | Props total: 634 634
 144 strong said:
Out of everything i wrote thats all you caught? smh.

An really if you knew anything about King, you would renounce that statement. King was a fraud who had a coke habit, used congregation money for white prostitutes, and ultimately destroyed black economics w/ the help of other uncle toms. Even his right hand man Abernathy was qouted in saying how he had a coke habit and used money for white prostitutes. King was a false prophet(leader) for our people. His dream has been a complete nightmare for black/latino people, but of course the unlearned of our people can't and won't see this.
king and other integrationists did have a hand promoting interdependence rather than the independence of blacks, especially in the areas of education and economics but at the same time, a lot of what we see today was not known by anyone but a few ppl who saw what integration would do ahead of time. king wasnt perfect but i do think he was an honest man in his intentions to help the black community. i grew up in a house of a black nationalist dad who can argue very effectively for a degree of sepratism, but one thing is for certain, the world was becoming more global, and i think the crux of kings argument was that we do need to learn to live together because thats the way the world was going. not to mention, he saw the linkages between our own oppressions and others which help globalize the civil rights movement. screwing a white prostitute, while wrong for a man of his calibur, doesnt mean he doesnt deserve respect. no one is perfect. but believe me i do get your drift as i have heard similar things.
 5 years ago '08        #195
BoSSMaN2 
space
space
space
$59 | Props total: 21 21
fu*k Lee, that gay a.ss bi*ch a.ss ninja, hater, clown, f*g
 5 years ago '04        #196
Rileyboy03 
space
avatar space
space
$1,243 | Props total: 1 1
People give these cracker n*ggas power by even acknowledging this sh*t. Yea the word n*gga has a past but if u dont identify yourself as a n*gga, why does it matter if an actor calls another actor n*gga. I say laugh at the n*ggas and the cracker n*ggas while watchin their sh*t on bootleg.
 5 years ago '12        #197
144 strong 22 heat pts22
space
avatar space
space
$438 | Props total: 106 106
 Dos-effect said:
Oh please stfu, your a bum on the internet that has never done sh*t for anyone. You may not agree with his politics, but he died for you, your future ability to get a education, a somewhat fair chance at life......to sh*t on his life because you want to be some fake a.ss militant ON THE INTERNET none the less is wack as fu*k. Like him or not he led the revolution that sparked the road to even have a President that is half black......and I tend to agree with you to a degree( you can miss me with the coke and prostitue bullsh*t.....I mean let he without sin....you feel me)......but the fact is without MLK where the fu*k would your life be like today?
Ahch, your clearly unlearned on the history of our people up to the 60's( the civil rights movement). King, like Jackson, Sharpton, Farrakhan today, was a opportunist and a fraud. White people loved his movement and still rally behind him today because he taught how to love the white race and to fund there economy. Before integration the black community had businesses of there own and after integration we lost black owned businesses. Why did this happen, because during the time of integration we had to support one another. So you had black grocery stores, barbershops, clothing, etc. Now your lucky to have a steady black owned barbershop. Economically we were supporting ourselves and beyond popular belief were doing fine besides the usual evilness of the white race. Look up Black wall street, we were very self sufficient back then before integration. Integration is a military tactic to systematically destroy your opponent. Also before integration there was no black on black, brown on black crime. Why, because we had to have love, compassion, and understanding for your brotha/sista. As soon as you had white women loving negroes like King and the rest of those NAACP negroes, you began to see a rise in drug abuse and violent crimes w/in our communities. So don't tell me about who i should respect and not respect. I don't respect sellouts. Harry Bellafonte just recently came out and said how before King was k!lled said "I don't think I did the right thing, I believe I just led my people into a burning house."
He was my brotha nevertheless, but he was a fraud.
 01-24-2013, 06:14 PM         #198
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 144 strong said:
Ahch, your clearly unlearned on the history of our people up to the 60's( the civil rights movement). King, like Jackson, Sharpton, Farrakhan today, was a opportunist and a fraud. White people loved his movement and still rally behind him today because he taught how to love the white race and to fund there economy. Before integration the black community had businesses of there own and after integration we lost black owned businesses. Why did this happen, because during the time of integration we had to support one another. So you had black grocery stores, barbershops, clothing, etc. Now your lucky to have a steady black owned barbershop. Economically we were supporting ourselves and beyond popular belief were doing fine besides the usual evilness of the white race. Look up Black wall street, we were very self sufficient back then before integration. Integration is a military tactic to systematically destroy your opponent. Also before integration there was no black on black, brown on black crime. Why, because we had to have love, compassion, and understanding for your brotha/sista. As soon as you had white women loving negroes like King and the rest of those NAACP negroes, you began to see a rise in drug abuse and violent crimes w/in our communities. So don't tell me about who i should respect and not respect. I don't respect sellouts. Harry Bellafonte just recently came out and said how before King was k!lled said "I don't think I did the right thing, I believe I just led my people into a burning house."
He was my brotha nevertheless, but he was a fraud.
He realized that there was no way for us a people to f!ght the government, Non violence was the only logical answer to change the situation.........he was a Chess player......where as your on some checkers bullsh*t.....
 5 years ago '08        #199
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
avatar space
space
$12,968 | Props total: 5535 5535

[pic - click to view]

 5 years ago '04        #200
izzy2024 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$939 | Props total: 13 13
Spike's a pus*y, and so are you if you get offended by the use of the N word in movies.

I swear the same people who make all the "white people" jokes throw a fu*king hissy fit because Tarantino uses the N word in a movie about slaves. I'm shocked an entire forum of people screaming "you mad" or "salty" can get so uptight about a fu*king movie about a slave rising up and k!lling his masters (how in the fu*k is that racist again?)

It's a fu*king word. These are fictional characters saying the word to other fictional characters. Are people really too stupid to differentiate that? Do you just have no idea what the word "context" means? Are you really such butthurt little bi*ches that you have to whine and complain about this like it's the end of the world?

Whoever wrote this article is such a f*ggot that it literally makes my head hurt.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 19
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 18
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 14
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 8
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
54 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 8
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
89 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 7
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 6
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
113 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 3
Jump reveals Beerus, Hit and Goku Black as playable characters for Dragon Ball..
38 comments
1 day ago
@games
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy