Microsoft’s Xbox brand will be “sold to someone like Sony”, failure is “inevitable”

most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
41 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
78 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
56 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Charlamagne Tha god & Joe Budden Working On A New Show.
135 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #1
7728 pageviews
115 comments

Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
Microsoft’s Xbox brand will be “sold to someone like Sony”, failure is “inevitable”

The analysts are at it again. This time, a US firm predicts Microsoft’s Xbox brand is on a downward spiral.

Could MS run into severe trouble across the next three years? One analyst certainly thinks so, beginning with the company’s console division.

“The entertainment division will be spun off, sold to someone like Sony or possibly Barnes & Noble, or dramatically reduced in size,” says Forbes contributor Adam Hartung.

“Unable to make a profit it will increasingly be seen as a distraction to the battle for saving Windows – and Microsoft leadership has long shown they have no idea how to profitably grow this business unit.”

Hartung also suggests the company will be hit with “enormous layoffs over the next three years”, alongside the closure of Microsoft’s online division as the organisation plows money into combating iOS.

“Microsoft makes more than 75 per cent of its profits from Windows and Office,” he added. “Less than 25 per cent comes from its vaunted servers and tools. And Microsoft makes nothing from its Xbox/Kinect entertainment division, while losing vast sums in its on-line division.

“No matter how much anyone likes the non-Windows Microsoft products, without the historical Windows/Office sales and profits Microsoft is not sustainable.

“Failure is already inevitable. At this stage, not even a new CEO can save Microsoft. Game over. Ballmer loses. And if you keep your money invested in Microsoft it will disappear along with the company.”

Scathing words indeed. Thanks, MCV.

[pic - click to view]

Microsoft’s Xbox brand will be “sold to someone like Sony”, failure is “inevitable” | VG247

115 comments for "Microsoft’s Xbox brand will be “sold to someone like Sony”, failure is “inevitable”"

5 years ago '11        #2
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209 OP
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
 AuthenticMade said:
Had the same reaction.
 5 years ago '06        #3
ChevyBrah 216 heat pts216
space
space
space
$15,404 | Props total: 961 961
this dude hate xbox so much the fu*k is this wack a.ss article dude you can't believe this
 5 years ago '10        #4
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
space
$25,317 | Props total: 8298 8298
The article actually does have a point

No profits from Xbox, people are progressively gravitating away from Windows to the ever increasing popular Mac....

Microsoft gone need some restructuring
 01-21-2013, 09:37 AM         #5
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think with this recent push of Linux and numerous developers jumping into Linux Windows might have some tougher than usual competition.
 5 years ago '06        #6
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
highly doubt any of that happens, but if it does could u imagine sony da don combining the playstation and xbox
 5 years ago '04        #7
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4991 4991
 sm00vb0iiw0nder said:
The article actually does have a point

No profits from Xbox, people are progressively gravitating away from Windows to the ever increasing popular Mac....

Microsoft gone need some restructuring
MS makes 1 BILLION a year just off XBL...
 5 years ago '06        #8
space
space
space
 Da Ill One said:
that's not enough to these dudes
 5 years ago '06        #9
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
 chevyrida6 said:
that's not enough to these dudes

would u calm down, it's just an article hell is wrong with u? upset putting a thousand dead bananas acting like u lauhing
 5 years ago '09        #10
dadon85 135 heat pts135
space
space
space
$30,207 | Props total: 13454 13454
Viewed it was 0 replies. Now 9 in. Hope I make that 1st page

Jizz not supporting this article
 5 years ago '05        #11
Trizz187 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,304 | Props total: 105 105
you gotta see the bigger picture. Microsoft wont survive just off of a online service theirs way more invovled in the game so XBL being a billion doesnt mean anything
 5 years ago '06        #12
space
space
space
 coolio said:
would u calm down, it's just an article hell is wrong with u? upset putting a thousand dead bananas acting like u lauhing
nah bro your the one who is mad sony sucks....this will never happen
 5 years ago '10        #13
space
space
 Da Ill One said:
Makes a billion. Last time I checked, Microsoft and Sony have not received profits from the 360 or PS3.

Cirrect me if I'm wrong
 5 years ago '04        #14
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4991 4991
 sm00vb0iiw0nder said:
Makes a billion. Last time I checked, Microsoft and Sony have not received profits from the 360 or PS3.

Cirrect me if I'm wrong
This is from a year ago and 2012 was a HUGE year for MS... i'm looking for those numbers but as of right now

Microsoft's Xbox division revenue at $4.24 billion in Q2, Xbox Live hits 40 million users

5 years ago '04        #15
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
Even if Microsoft is not profiting from its entertainment division, you have to think about it from a different angle. That division brings in a lot of revenue to offset the costs of losses elsewhere. If Microsoft didn't have Xbox then it would be a hell of a lot worse off, so you'd be foolish to think they'd just up and get rid of it. Just because something isn't turning you a massive profit doesn't mean it's not important. I can tell none of you fools on here have any business sense.
 5 years ago '06        #16
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
 chevyrida6 said:
nah bro your the one who is mad sony sucks....this will never happen

all those smileys cant save u, u're clearly upset

and i know this will never happen, but even if it did, it wouldnt necessarily go to sony like the article says

anyways, i was able to get u that forbes' contributor e-mail..u can contact him and let him know about the emotional toll his predictions have taken on u

5 years ago '04        #17
kontrast 
space
space
space
$1,949 | Props total: 155 155
It's true. Microsoft is on a downward spiral now that they committed to Windows 8. It's all sh*t from here.
 5 years ago '10        #18
space
space
 e G o Maniac said:
Even if Microsoft is not profiting from its entertainment division, you have to think about it from a different angle. That division brings in a lot of revenue to offset the costs of losses elsewhere. If Microsoft didn't have Xbox then it would be a hell of a lot worse off, so you'd be foolish to think they'd just up and get rid of it. Just because something isn't turning you a massive profit doesn't mean it's not important. I can tell none of you fools on here have any business sense.
That's common sense but even so, in my post I also said that their other division(s) are failing/looking like they are about to fail, so Microsoft might need to restructure.
 5 years ago '04        #19
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,435 | Props total: 6494 6494
well "the don" need to fix their sh!t because i already had 2 ps3's...in a span of a month
 5 years ago '06        #20
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
 justinjones said:
well "the don" need to fix their sh!t because i already had 2 ps3's...in a span of a month

most likely caused by something u did wrong tho
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
151 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
75 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
153 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
225 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
18 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
114 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
102 comments
19 hours ago