Lupe Fiasco Thrown Off Stage After Delivering Anti-Obama Views

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
108 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
23 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
31 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
51 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #241
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
$21,432 | Props total: 9 9
 vinceisallin said:
Lupe doesn't reach the same crowd as jay z and beyonce. If one of those two said it, he might be worried lol
Refer to my response to "Jplaydadon" as to way Jay-z's political response on ANYTHING he perceives being done corruptly by the government will truly fall upon deaf ears.

jplaydadon said:
um dude jay-z and beyonce are nothing close to the average african americans are you silly? they are worth upwards of 500 million dollars im sure and are two of the biggests entertainers in music today. thats power, even if they dont use it for much good, and the president builds his image by mingling with people of the hip hop generation or popular athletes to make himself seem "accessible", when in fact he isnt accessible to anyone but the bankers and corporate owners he has to answer to.
So if I am understanding your response correctly, Jay-z & Beyonce are not considered "Average" by you because....
1. "They are worth upwards of 500 million dollars..."
2. "...are two of the biggest entertainers in music today."

Now, YOU consider "power" has having 500 million dollars & being 2 of the biggest entertainers in music?

500 Million Dollars & Being 2 of the biggest entertainers in music yet they have not done ANYTHING to fix world issues. OOOOHHHHH, Thats right.... Jay-z did goto Africa and gave clean water to a few villages correct? Yet how many lyrics concerning the exploitation of his own race as well as the glorification of drug trafficking, the belittling of Women from his OWN race has he rapped on the mic?

But again, to you... that's POWER.

being able to purchase a sport's franchise is "Power" to you? when in all honesty Jay-z has the means, connections and "power" to actually make a difference, but instead.... he's doing him.

Don't feed me that bullsh*t. Money = nothing in all reality, you can't buy you way in the hearts of people, nor could you buy your way into history as a Man who deserves to be mentioned for doing something truly great.
 5 years ago '05        #242
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
 RAPSOURCE2003 said:
Freedom of speech taken away, and you idiots applaud? Smh
What people do not understand is that you do have limit's in your "Freedom of Speech". for example, if I were to walk up to you in your own "hood" and say (hear me out before you respond, this is done to make an example) "Rapsource2003, You're a bi*ch, You're Mother is a bi*ch, You're Father is a bi*ch and anyone who ever loved or cared for you are fu*king c*ck munching f*ggots"

I just exercised my freedom of speech right? on YOUR "Territory".... can you be angry at me? or retaliate in ANY manner without you impeding on my freedom's of speech?
====

See, Yes...as American's we are granted "Freedom of Speech" but there is a line that ALOT of American's cross in reference to this 1 particular freedom. You can NOT just say ANYTHING you want without the fear of repercussion no matter how much freedom of speech you think you have.

You feel me?

Last edited by RNOTY; 01-21-2013 at 10:35 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #243
Just BizNis 63 heat pts63
space
space
$12,912 | Props total: 2045 2045
 240ka said:
I understood what he said in his post and I agreed with parts of it. What Im saying is Lupe could have been more tactful in his approach while delivering a powerful message through speech or song without him getting booted off stage which would have been more effective. What was so effective about him not being able to perform? Oh, he went out not looking like a bi*ch. I get it.

Same with Kayne. He could have said something that had a crazy impact that didnt leave him looking like a total a.sshat b/c more people looked at him like a dumbass than those who agreed with him.

This is one of the most accessible Presidents we've had in years, anything is possible.

ronin said:
What people do not understand is that you do have limit's in your "Freedom of Speech". for example, if I were to walk up to you in your own "hood" and say (here me out before you respond, this is done to make an example) "Rapsource2003, You're a bi*ch, You're Mother is a bi*ch, You're Father is a bi*ch and anyone who ever loved or cared for you are fu*king c*ck munching f*ggots"

I just exercised my freedom of speech right? on YOUR "Territory".... can you be angry at me? or retaliate in ANY manner without you impeding on my freedom's of speech?
====

See, Yes...as American's we are granted "Freedom of Speech" but there is a line that ALOT of American's cross in reference to this 1 particular freedom. You can NOT just say ANYTHING you want without the fear of repercussion no matter how much freedom of speech you think you have.

You feel me?
I'm done. You're clearly incapable of comprehending the actual state of politics and policies in America.

You probably think we live in a Democracy
 5 years ago '07        #244
240ka 49 heat pts49
space
space
$22,337 | Props total: 2047 2047
be gone, breh
 5 years ago '05        #245
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
 Ez the Don said:
I'm done. You're clearly incapable of comprehending the actual state of politics and policies in America.

You probably think we live in a Democracy
We are not even discussing rather this country is ran as a Democracy or a Republic, in the above quote you referred to, I was speaking on "Freedom of Speech". but either way, I doubt YOU understand ANYTHING about how the country is ran outside of conspiracy theory sites.
 5 years ago '12        #246
Trelli3Matrix 
space
space
$10,722 | Props total: 5696 5696
 sm00vb0iiw0nder said:
If he didn't support Obeezy, why did he even accept the invite?

Why would he blatantly disrespect by going to an inauguration party and then spouting his views about not supporting who is being inaugurated?
Think about it. If u had a problem with someone, and they were throwing a party...what would u do? Only a real n*gga would do what Lupe did. Not some tweetin. U gotta problem wit someone, u go to where they are and address it. I know females who would to a girl's baby shower to kick her azz...
 01-21-2013, 11:11 PM         #247
OOps 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Go lupe. He did his thing for his beliefs.
 5 years ago '12        #248
Just BizNis 63 heat pts63
space
space
$12,912 | Props total: 2045 2045
 ronin said:
We are not even discussing rather this country is ran as a Democracy or a Republic, in the above quote you referred to, I was speaking on "Freedom of Speech". but either way, I doubt YOU understand ANYTHING about how the country is ran outside of conspiracy theory sites.
I know I said I was gone, but I can't help myself.

As for the 1st amendment: As long as you're not breaking any laws in the process (excessive noise, extreme obsceneity, inciting unlawful action, failing the Miller Test, etc), you can say whatever the hell you want. Did he break a law? Nope. He was invited on stage. Played a song. Got kicked off for the song's content (which breaks no laws, btw).

Now. As to your point in the post I've quoted here. Please tell me how this country is REALLY run.

Please tell me how you have real freedom. That corporations don't own your a.ss. That you're not a fkn wage slave unless you have it made. That the people running sh*t really give a damn about you and yours. That our healthcare system isn't an atrocity. That our education system isn't broken. That politicians aren't for sale. That the constitution isn't being pissed on more and more every year. That bankers ain't running sh*t. That the mainstream media is really trying to show us how things are.

The perfect democracy you learned about in high school is just a fairy tale. The american dream is just a dream. Our country is an empire that sh*ts on the world. ZERO fvcks given.

Tell me I'm wrong.

PLEASE. Educate me, you fkn idiot. I'll wait.
 5 years ago '04        #249
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,911 | Props total: 620 620
 ronin said:
Refer to my response to "Jplaydadon" as to way Jay-z's political response on ANYTHING he perceives being done corruptly by the government will truly fall upon deaf ears.

So if I am understanding your response correctly, Jay-z & Beyonce are not considered "Average" by you because....
1. "They are worth upwards of 500 million dollars..."
2. "...are two of the biggest entertainers in music today."

Now, YOU consider "power" has having 500 million dollars & being 2 of the biggest entertainers in music?

500 Million Dollars & Being 2 of the biggest entertainers in music yet they have not done ANYTHING to fix world issues. OOOOHHHHH, Thats right.... Jay-z did goto Africa and gave clean water to a few villages correct? Yet how many lyrics concerning the exploitation of his own race as well as the glorification of drug trafficking, the belittling of Women from his OWN race has he rapped on the mic?

But again, to you... that's POWER.

being able to purchase a sport's franchise is "Power" to you? when in all honesty Jay-z has the means, connections and "power" to actually make a difference, but instead.... he's doing him.

Don't feed me that bullsh*t. Money = nothing in all reality, you can't buy you way in the hearts of people, nor could you buy your way into history as a Man who deserves to be mentioned for doing something truly great.
hahaaha dude youre an idiot. i dont personally believe that jay-z and beyonce wield any world changing power, i get all of that youre saying and agree, but there mere fact that they are entertainers who people follow and admire confers them the ability to used by people larger than themselves for self serving purposes. example, jay-z only owns one fifteenth of one percent of the nets, however before that fact was put out, many people believed he had a bigger stake given how much he was used to market the nets and the relocation to brooklyn. however what was revealed was that richer and more powerful people than him used his image to bring a team to brooklyn when not everyone thought that was exactly a good idea.

in this case, obama's a.ssociation with him and beyonce as well, helps link him to the hip hop generation, making him seem "cool" to young people and voters who most of the time dont really understand the issues facing them in a larger context. athletes and celebs are nothing to me but highly paid propaganda tools used to promote the ideals of the people who control this society, whether its gross individualism, materialism, imperialistic capitalism, violence, s3xism and chuavinism, etc etc etc. thats what i mean when i say they have power, and in that sense they do. people spend lots of time listening to music and watching tv and both goes a long way in influencing behavior. there is a reason ppl get paid big bucks for it.

and yes, being worth 500 million dollars is a far cry from average anything, esp african american, because that kind of money is generally speaking foreign to us. white ppl have had millionaires and billionaires for as long as this country has been here. we really havent comparatively speaking. nothing about them is average, even if they dont exactly used the potential influence they have for good. i personally think obama is a black imperialist and that jay-z and beyonce arent really sh*t, and i have been listening to jay-z since i was 7 years old and im from houston like beyonce. i just dnt get down with what they stand for. doesnt mean they dnt have influence though dude
 5 years ago '04        #250
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,911 | Props total: 620 620
 Ez the Don said:
I know I said I was gone, but I can't help myself.

As for the 1st amendment: As long as you're not breaking any laws in the process (excessive noise, extreme obsceneity, inciting unlawful action, failing the Miller Test, etc), you can say whatever the hell you want. Did he break a law? Nope. He was invited on stage. Played a song. Got kicked off for the song's content (which breaks no laws, btw).

Now. As to your point in the post I've quoted here. Please tell me how this country is REALLY run.

Please tell me how you have real freedom. That corporations don't own your a.ss. That you're not a fkn wage slave unless you have it made. That the people running sh*t really give a damn about you and yours. That our healthcare system isn't an atrocity. That our education system isn't broken. That politicians aren't for sale. That the constitution isn't being pissed on more and more every year. That bankers ain't running sh*t. That the mainstream media is really trying to show us how things are.

The perfect democracy you learned about in high school is just a fairy tale. The american dream is just a dream. Our country is an empire that sh*ts on the world. ZERO fvcks given.

Tell me I'm wrong.

PLEASE. Educate me, you fkn idiot. I'll wait.

dude dont worry about it. people these days apparently need heroes. you cant change that even if you are logical
 5 years ago '04        #251
CentsCuZ 19 heat pts19
space
space
$11,002 | Props total: 771 771
Respect to Lupe for calling it as it was. Regardless of what some of you dummies want to believe, your boy didn't say sh*t!
 5 years ago '12        #252
BIGMARS 49 heat pts49
space
space
$9,510 | Props total: 3149 3149
Time and place. Wtf he doin down there spittin those lines during inauguration weekend? Doesn't fit.

Then he smile all weak after he gets shut down and keeps it movin. Fukc all that, if you gonna go in then go in n*gga! Beat ya chest, scream at them, f!ght n*ggas, make a scene, whatever. Just make sure you're felt and those steel bracelets get placed on your wrist.
 5 years ago '11        #253
The Rhyming Ape 57 heat pts57
space
space
$13,204 | Props total: 24668 24668
 Lighto said:
Yup all these dudes playing him are only doing it because thy are Obama Stan's if he did it to Romney cats would be saying sh*t like lupes so real! But because its Obama lupes a clown despite being correct in what he said!
i dont think its the fact that what he said was against obama. In fact, i respect the fact that he believed his views enough to say them at a inauguration party. but he still shouldnt have gone. Thats just disrespect. If he played this song and some of his hits along with it, it aint a problem. but it was just this song. He shoulda just stayed away. I love lupe and all but dudes still in the wrong for this.

But i could care less about this as long as his next record is dope
 5 years ago '04        #254
adthekidd 16 heat pts16
space
space
$6,844 | Props total: 5263 5263
Lupe is the man for this
 5 years ago '11        #255
IAmABeast 2 heat pts
space
space
$994 | Props total: 138 138
 JayDee11 said:
Pac wouldn't have went on tv and made a fool of himself while trying to deliver his "message". Pac was able to step out the booth and present a coherent, vivid and powerful gem about whatever subject he had in mind. Lupe, on the other hand, proved why he should refrain from talking unless a beat is on. Then again, he seemed to fu*k that up too...
yo that homie pac literally had subtle political messages in his club banger songs!!! The fu*king songs they used to play at clubs! That man knew how to get a message across.
 5 years ago '11        #256
KRCROOKSNY 108 heat pts108
space
space
$10,190 | Props total: 5336 5336
 Sincere730 said:
Thank U Lupe

the sheep dont even understand y he did this
Elaborate.
 5 years ago '06        #257
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
I applaud him on this seeing that everybody is looking too Obama like he's god. Obama ain't in office to help anyone. He's caring out the Elite agenda quietly. All these people still got their eyes wide shut.
 5 years ago '08        #258
Effit 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,992 | Props total: 7 7
Kanye West is jealous
 5 years ago '05        #259
GST 
space
space
$14,826 | Props total: 2394 2394
 Sincere730 said:
Thank U Lupe

the sheep dont even understand y he did this

you sound straight out of someone else's flock stfu
 5 years ago '04        #260
Zirov 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,457 | Props total: 420 420
 C.R.I.P. said:
YES !! My faith in Lupe is restored.

Lupe earns respect worldwide for this...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
63 comments
24 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
74 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
23 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy