most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
58 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
70 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #161
bluedawgalex 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,736 | Props total: 1640 1640
 Y.G. said:
I don't know anyone with multiple HDMI cables laying around. Most people have to buy their HDMI cables (or they come with their blu-ray player) so they're usually being used, not laying around.

Not everyone is going to have all of those things just "laying around." Especially things like WiFi dongles. It's still way cheaper than an Apple TV but people should know before hand that they won't just be paying $45 for the Pi.

Question: How do you control the Pi if you don't need a mouse and keyboard?
idk i guess it was normal now, since everything we use had hdmi now just in my living room i had 2 lying around, so i used one for my pi.

like i said the only things u would really need are the case and "maybe" the wifi dongle, but thats not needed if your pi is near the router as you can connect the ethernet cable to it.

as for chargers and sd cards, idk anybody that doesnt have old usb chargers from old phones as well as sd cards since most phones come with 8 or 16 gb sd cards included.

to answer your question. if ur gonna use the pi just for xbmc then u dont need a keyboard and a mouse. whether you have an android or an iphone u can download a free app to control it as the pi would boot straight to xbmc anyway.

for android the remote to use is yatse

for iphones the xbmc official remote will do the trick.
 5 years ago '07        #162
smj_724 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,474 | Props total: 710 710
 Y.G. said:
I don't know anyone with multiple HDMI cables laying around. Most people have to buy their HDMI cables (or they come with their blu-ray player) so they're usually being used, not laying around.

Not everyone is going to have all of those things just "laying around." Especially things like WiFi dongles. It's still way cheaper than an Apple TV but people should know before hand that they won't just be paying $45 for the Pi.

Question: How do you control the Pi if you don't need a mouse and keyboard?
Luckily for me I have all of those things, Except the case for the Pi. As far as the remote you can just use the tv remote for it since it hooks up HDMI
 5 years ago '05        #163
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,661 | Props total: 13779 13779
 bluedawgalex said:
idk i guess it was normal now, since everything we use had hdmi now just in my living room i had 2 lying around, so i used one for my pi.

like i said the only things u would really need are the case and "maybe" the wifi dongle, but thats not needed if your pi is near the router as you can connect the ethernet cable to it.

as for chargers and sd cards, idk anybody that doesnt have old usb chargers from old phones as well as sd cards since most phones come with 8 or 16 gb sd cards included.

to answer your question. if ur gonna use the pi just for xbmc then u dont need a keyboard and a mouse. whether you have an android or an iphone u can download a free app to control it as the pi would boot straight to xbmc anyway.

for android the remote to use is yatse

for iphones the xbmc official remote will do the trick.
There isn't an official remote app for android?
 5 years ago '04        #164
bluedawgalex 3 heat pts
space
space
 smj_724 said:
Luckily for me I have all of those things, Except the case for the Pi. As far as the remote you can just use the tv remote for it since it hooks up HDMI

thats what im saying, yes, there are some people that wont have everything but in the end the costs are much cheaper and MOST people WILL have most of what they need already

yup i almost forgot about using the freakin tv remote if ur tv has cec

Y.G. said:
There isn't an official remote app for android?
yea there is but i find yatse to work MUCH better. even the user interface is much better IMO

android users have 2 options for a remote instead of just one with the iphone. but u do save money using ur phone as the remote imo
 5 years ago '04        #165
KREW 25 heat pts25
space
space
$6,049 | Props total: 4842 4842
 bluedawgalex said:

thats what im saying, yes, there are some people that wont have everything but in the end the costs are much cheaper and MOST people WILL have most of what they need already

yup i almost forgot about using the freakin tv remote if ur tv has cec
well i got a philips 40" with easy link for hdmi so i guess that solves my problem with a remote
 5 years ago '04        #166
bluedawgalex 3 heat pts
space
space
 KREW said:
well i got a philips 40" with easy link for hdmi so i guess that solves my problem with a remote

enjoy
 5 years ago '09        #167
Zaosyn 261 heat pts261
space
space
$14,072 | Props total: 1120 1120
I installed XBMC yesterday with a couple of plugins, Navi-X (which is the most useful IMO), Hulu, SportsDevil and IceFilms along with a few others but nothing that stood out as much as these. I was able to turn my Android phone into a remote which was cool. I thought it was pretty cool and really see the appeal now in why people build these HTPC's or buy these streaming boxes like AppleTV or Raspberry PI. I don't think it can compensate 100% for cable television, alot of the streams I found weren't HD or even 480p but alot of the movies I found were in 480p or 720p which was nice but I'm not a movie person really.

I'm gonna r*pe that Hulu app though, been missing my Kitchen Nightmares

And I'll probably use Navi-X to watch all the TV shows like Walking Dead or The Ultimate f!ghter if I happen to miss them instead of downloading them via torrent.
 5 years ago '05        #168
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Zaosyn said:
I installed XBMC yesterday with a couple of plugins, Navi-X (which is the most useful IMO), Hulu, SportsDevil and IceFilms along with a few others but nothing that stood out as much as these. I was able to turn my Android phone into a remote which was cool. I thought it was pretty cool and really see the appeal now in why people build these HTPC's or buy these streaming boxes like AppleTV or Raspberry PI. I don't think it can compensate 100% for cable television, alot of the streams I found weren't HD or even 480p but alot of the movies I found were in 480p or 720p which was nice but I'm not a movie person really.

And I'll probably use Navi-X to watch all the TV shows like Walking Dead or The Ultimate f!ghter if I happen to miss them instead of downloading them via torrent.
You running it on your computer?
 5 years ago '04        #169
bluedawgalex 3 heat pts
space
space
 Zaosyn said:

i havent downloaded anything in a looong time. sh*t is a time saver for me
 5 years ago '09        #170
Zaosyn 261 heat pts261
space
space
$14,072 | Props total: 1120 1120
 Y.G. said:
You running it on your computer?
Yeah and I have it running fullscreen on my TV so I just lay in bed with my phone and navigate
 5 years ago '05        #171
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Zaosyn said:
Yeah and I have it running fullscreen on my TV so I just lay in bed with my phone and navigate
 5 years ago '04        #172
bluedawgalex 3 heat pts
space
space
 Zaosyn said:

5 years ago '04        #173
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,773 | Props total: 251 251
roku + plex and play on>>>>>>>>>>>>
 5 years ago '07        #174
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 XxC4xX said:
roku + plex and play on>>>>>>>>>>>>
explain or point me in the right direction....I currently have cable in my living room but I want a tv in my room minus having to buy another cable box.

Which version of Roku and what else would I need?

For the ppl that have been commenting in this thread how many channels does the android get you?
 5 years ago '04        #175
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,773 | Props total: 251 251
Well if you want a box for cable in your bedroom, i advise u to look into a slingbox instead, it hooks into the cable and allows you to stream it to other devices. Roku doesn't have the same features as a box even while using play on.
 5 years ago '04        #176
KREW 25 heat pts25
space
space
Finally got my Pi hooked up with all kiiiiiiinds of add-ons on that bi*ch
 5 years ago '04        #177
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,567 | Props total: 2837 2837
having trouble with the ESPN plug in on XBMC. I get the streams from ESPN3 to play fine, but any time i stream sh*t from espn or espn2 i get an error

fu*k. . .
 5 years ago '04        #178
bluedawgalex 3 heat pts
space
space
 KREW said:
Finally got my Pi hooked up with all kiiiiiiinds of add-ons on that bi*ch
 5 years ago '04        #179
KREW 25 heat pts25
space
space
 bluedawgalex said:
Which version of XBMC you running right now? I'm on Openelec but I heard about Raspbmc and Xbian or some sh*t..
 5 years ago '04        #180
bluedawgalex 3 heat pts
space
space
 KREW said:
Which version of XBMC you running right now? I'm on Openelec but I heard about Raspbmc and Xbian or some sh*t..
im runnin xbmc frodo which is version 12 its the newest version.

some people reported that it was slow but it was when they barely upgraded because the plugins werent updated yet but now everything works perfectly.

i havent tried open elec but i prob will with my next project. im running raspbmc and its works perfectly so ima stick with that one for my living room.

for my next project im gonna try open elec and xbian and see the difference, for now i'll keep raspbmc cuz as they say if it aint broke dont fix it. i can literally do EVERYTHING i wanna do on raspbmc :D
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
79 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
73 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
111 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
193 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
118 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
68 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
51 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy