most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
34 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
88 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #101
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,627 | Props total: 13699 13699
 surreyjack said:
Raspberry pi is only $35 and from what I've read its one of the best streaming boxes lots of people are using it in the xbmc community if you dont want to spend over $100...I went with the pi because you can install openelec on it and its way more stable than android boxes...I researched for about a week before going with the pi although I still haven't got it yet...Spending $100 isn't work it ATM because they will come out with much better boxes in 6 months to a year

Also they have "premium" channels that stream sports you gotta pay like $8/month and you can watch unlimited sports in true HD those free channels like sportsdevil just take streams from sites like frontrow
I looked into the Raspberry Pi. It's not powerful enough to play my Android games, like GTA, so I passed on it.

They're always something better if you wait 6 months from now when you're dealing with electronics. You can find pretty good boxes for under $70 shipped though breh.
 5 years ago '05        #102
jay964 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,535 | Props total: 134 134
I just got rid of my wdtv and looking for a replacement. The wdtv worked fine but i want something that has a media scraper. Will probably have to go the XBMC route but I dont want a HTPC. Rasperbery Pi looks like a good choice just concerned about 1080p playback.
 5 years ago '07        #103
Jersey732 6 heat pts
space
space
$4,624 | Props total: 400 400
 LAZARO said:
i mean wtf you expect for free?
I expect low quality streams with channels getting taken down often
I think you took my post as if I am complaining when I was giving information to those who asked what quality are the streams and the reliability
 5 years ago '05        #104
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 jay964 said:
I just got rid of my wdtv and looking for a replacement. The wdtv worked fine but i want something that has a media scraper. Will probably have to go the XBMC route but I dont want a HTPC. Rasperbery Pi looks like a good choice just concerned about 1080p playback.
Look into the Probox 2. Has a dual-core CPU and a quad-core GPU so 1080p playback isn't an issue.
 5 years ago '04        #105
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
space
$55,669 | Props total: 13066 13066
YG which streambox do you use?
 02-09-2013, 03:07 PM         #106
surreyjack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jay964 said:
Yeah it has a few problems if you want to stream 1080p from your CPU go with the Pivos Xios in that case and flash Linux on to it and you have a box just as good as the appletv2...If you want android go with the probox2 mentioned by other users or something like the g-box midnight

Last edited by surreyjack; 02-09-2013 at 03:13 PM..
 02-09-2013, 03:09 PM         #107
surreyjack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Y.G. said:
I looked into the Raspberry Pi. It's not powerful enough to play my Android games, like GTA, so I passed on it.

They're always something better if you wait 6 months from now when you're dealing with electronics. You can find pretty good boxes for under $70 shipped though breh.
I know but I want to wait until more development is done on android before I commit to an android box and plus I got it for $35 shipped on ebay with the power supply it was just too good to pass up
Pi is defintely not for you if you want to game or stream 1080p videos to it but its perfect if you just want to use 1channel and watch movies or sports streams plus you can run openelec on it which is an added bonus

Last edited by surreyjack; 02-09-2013 at 03:14 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #108
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 StuNNa said:
YG which streambox do you use?
Probox 2. Been using my cousin's sh*t for the last week and I love it. Ordered one of my own. It'll be here Monday.
 5 years ago '05        #109
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 surreyjack said:
I know but I want to wait until more development is done on android before I commit to an android box and plus I got it for $35 shipped on ebay with the power supply it was just too good to pass up
Pi is defintely not for you if you want to game or stream 1080p videos to it but its perfect if you just want to use 1channel and watch movies or sports streams plus you can run openelec on it which is an added bonus
Yea you're right. A lot of those Android boxes aren't stable.
 5 years ago '04        #110
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
I have the WD Live Hub. Don't always have my PC on to stream and don't have a NAS so I like the internal drive it has to play the movies/shows I download and transfer to it.
 5 years ago '05        #111
jay964 12 heat pts12
space
space
 surreyjack said:
Yeah it has a few problems if you want to stream 1080p from your CPU go with the Pivos Xios in that case and flash Linux on to it and you have a box just as good as the appletv2...If you want android go with the probox2 mentioned by other users or something like the g-box midnight
can i put xbmc on the pivos xios?
 5 years ago '05        #112
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 jay964 said:
can i put xbmc on the pivos xios?
It comes with it pre-installed.
 5 years ago '05        #113
jay964 12 heat pts12
space
space
 Y.G. said:
It comes with it pre-installed.
so what would i need to flash linux on it for?
all i want from a new streaming box is to have xbmc with media scraper that plays 1080p movies flawlessly.

should i get pivos xios or pivos aios?
 5 years ago '05        #114
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 jay964 said:
all i want from a new streaming box is to have xbmc with media scraper that plays 1080p movies flawlessly.

The AIOS doesn't run Android and it's not capable of running XBMC. To use linux on the XIOS, you just flash whichever Linux firmware you want.

If all you want is a media center, get the XIOS and flash the Pivos XBMC Linux port.
 02-10-2013, 04:52 PM         #115
surreyjack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jay964 said:

You dont have to but linux is more stable than android theres been more development on it...It doesnt crash as much plus playback and navigating the user interface is smoother...

Xios
 5 years ago '04        #116
bluedawgalex 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,736 | Props total: 1640 1640
Just an update

i went ahead and bought the raspberry pi

installed raspbmc (xbmc for raspberry pi) powered it up. installed the addons and its working perfectly

streaming dark knight rises 1080p with no lag at all

is perfect. i ended up paying 47 bucks for it.

u do need an sd card to install it and a micro usb power adapter but i just used an old sd card i had laying around and my phone charger and worked perfectly

ima do some more tests but as of now its working perfectly and maybe faster than my atv 2

just a little heads up for those that are still looking into it.
 5 years ago '07        #117
smj_724 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,474 | Props total: 710 710
 bluedawgalex said:
Just an update

installed raspbmc (xbmc for raspberry pi) powered it up. installed the addons and its working perfectly

u do need an sd card to install it and a micro usb power adapter but i just used an old sd card i had laying around and my phone charger and worked perfectly

ima do some more tests but as of now its working perfectly and maybe faster than my atv 2

5 years ago '05        #118
Peter Griffin 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,826 | Props total: 223 223
 bluedawgalex said:
Just an update

Nice. Does it work well with live TV? I'm looking into one of these mini PC's for TV. I don't care about games or*movies much
 5 years ago '07        #119
RedMonkeyJunkie 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,999 | Props total: 1374 1374
 bluedawgalex said:
Just an update

Are you streaming movies to it thru your network, or have a external hdd hooked up to it.
 5 years ago '05        #120
jay964 12 heat pts12
space
space
i just copped a pivos xios
flashed linux on it and xbmc is running pretty smooth
1080p streaming over wireless working flawless

for $100 it does everything i want.

have to stick with the stock skin as the xios becomes extremely sluggish with other skins
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
82 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
135 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
27 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
52 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
297 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
215 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
63 comments
2 days ago