TV Streaming Boxes?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
68 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
37 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
17 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
75 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #21
bluedawgalex 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,736 | Props total: 1640 1640
 icestormiii said:
what plugins do you have?
1channel,tube +, free cable, icefilms, tv links, veetle i got a lot of them. cant even remember all of them i also got navi-x

smj_724 said:
Ok so i was just thinking the other day about how i need to cancel my cable because I only watch like 5 channels anyway. Im either on netflix or watching movies and TV shows that i download onto my portable hard drive. So if i get one of these Roku boxes or Jailbreak the apple tv 2 will i be able to watch espn,nfl network,nba tv???? If i can get rid of my cable Im all for it.
i cancelled my cable, my netflix and hulu when i got my apple tv 2

im able to stream anything form my laptop which i dont really use anymore because i dont need to download movies anymore cuz theyre already on the apple tv ready for streaming.

and on top of that ive watched every single nfl game, basketball game and ppv thats been out.

im saving like $16 from cancelling netflix & hulu and over $100 monthly from cutting my cable and much more when u consider i had nfl sunday ticket and league pass

Firestarr said:
Use my Apple TV to stream bluray movies I get from IP.
 5 years ago '04        #22
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,562 | Props total: 2835 2835
whats the picture quality on the sports that you stream through jailbroken apple tv tho?

i cut my cable a while ago and been living off netiflixhulu

the sh*t i miss the most is good HD sports and espn and sh*t. . .
 5 years ago '12        #23
eCity 420 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,263 | Props total: 840 840
this apple tv sh*t got me intrigued..
i dnt have cable in my room, dude never installed an outlet for me.. so i need somethin to watch up there, i usually stream sh*t off my computer..

but u telln me appletv jailbroken = basically cable?? im bout to invest in one after some research.
 5 years ago '05        #24
jay964 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,535 | Props total: 134 134
appletv 3 jailbreak is really close
read that they are just designing the user interface then its released
 5 years ago '04        #25
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,562 | Props total: 2835 2835
I'll believe it when I see it... they said they was releasing a jail break before the new year and it never happened
 5 years ago '04        #26
Hyper_Intel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,938 | Props total: 89 89
 KREW said:
i got a wdtv live streaming player and hooked up a 1tb external hd to it. Plays all my shows and movies, in any format i throw at it. Roku 2 looks great but its limited with what types of video files it can play.
Same thing I got, I love that lil WDTV Live!

I still have cable and once my bro leaves I'm cutting that sh*t, tired of a bill. I just want internet.

Last edited by Hyper_Intel; 01-22-2013 at 06:14 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #27
quintosis03 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,183 | Props total: 977 977
 jay964 said:
hopefully so, ive been researching on this xbmc stuff. i dont downloaded all kinds of stuff on my phone. sh*t is nice.

5 years ago '06        #28
icestormiii 
space
space
$136 | Props total: 20 20
 bluedawgalex said:
1channel,tube +, free cable, icefilms, tv links, veetle i got a lot of them. cant even remember all of them i also got navi-x

i cancelled my cable, my netflix and hulu when i got my apple tv 2

im able to stream anything form my laptop which i dont really use anymore because i dont need to download movies anymore cuz theyre already on the apple tv ready for streaming.

and on top of that ive watched every single nfl game, basketball game and ppv thats been out.

im saving like $16 from cancelling netflix & hulu and over $100 monthly from cutting my cable and much more when u consider i had nfl sunday ticket and league pass

i have some of those same plugins. what exactly is veetle?
 5 years ago '04        #29
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$26,645 | Props total: 2651 2651
Do those Android boxes work well with Firstrow and other sports streaming sites?
 5 years ago '04        #30
bluedawgalex 3 heat pts
space
space
 abstractq said:
whats the picture quality on the sports that you stream through jailbroken apple tv tho?

i cut my cable a while ago and been living off netiflixhulu

the sh*t i miss the most is good HD sports and espn and sh*t. . .
it depends. for ppv's i've been getting hd streams. for laker games it varies sometimes its standard def (480) and other times i get hd streams. for nfl i got hd streams as well. u have to play around with it. some links have low quality and others have great quality.

to me it all comes down if i can watch it and im able to watch EVERYTHING so im happy. and im saving money.

eCity 420 said:
this apple tv sh*t got me intrigued..
i dnt have cable in my room, dude never installed an outlet for me.. so i need somethin to watch up there, i usually stream sh*t off my computer..

but u telln me appletv jailbroken = basically cable?? im bout to invest in one after some research.
basically it is. theres soooo many plugins for live tv. i watch any show i want, movies as well. its like having a dvr. i rarely watch shows live cuz im not home but i NEVER miss my shows cuz i know theyll be waiting for me when i turn on the tv.

youll get ur moneys worth.

jay964 said:
i doubt it. i been waiting on it. they used new hardware thats almost impossible to crack and thats why its taking so long. if it happens i'll be happy but if it doesnt i aint gonna lose any sleep over it.

icestormiii said:
i have some of those same plugins. what exactly is veetle?
veetle is basically a plugin for live feeds. u get anything from live tv to sports. i dont use it that much but its been reliable.

ruff said:
Do those Android boxes work well with Firstrow and other sports streaming sites?
idk what android boxes ur talkin about, but the apple tv has a plugin called sportsdevil that works very well with everything from firstrow to vipsports to lshunter. i swear by it.
 5 years ago '07        #31
smj_724 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,474 | Props total: 710 710
Damn apple tvs are hard to find under $200
 5 years ago '04        #32
mrjam7 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,131 | Props total: 312 312
so can i hack a roku ? what can i do with it ???
 5 years ago '07        #33
smj_724 1 heat pts
space
space
 mrjam7 said:
so can i hack a roku ? what can i do with it ???
Yea I'm wondering the same thing since I can't find a apple tv Cheap enough
 5 years ago '04        #34
bluedawgalex 3 heat pts
space
space
how much y'all trying to spend on the apple tv?

i found a lot ranging from $80 not jailbroken to $175 when theyre already jailbroken.

it just takes a little patience
 01-24-2013, 04:04 AM         #35
surreyjack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
theres alternative android boxes out there that will run xmbc, navi-x, and devilsportz and all that other stuff
 01-24-2013, 06:08 AM         #36
crushel 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
does it have to be apple tv 2 or can it be 1 gen
 5 years ago '04        #37
bluedawgalex 3 heat pts
space
space
 crushel said:
does it have to be apple tv 2 or can it be 1 gen
it could be a first gen as well

idk how to hack those but i know it can be done, and they can also be upgraded to play 1080p hd as opposed to 720 on the apple tv. another positive is that u can connect usb drives to the apple tv 1st gen as well.

theyre in the same price range tho.

my suggestion would be to look for someone that dont know about jailbreak and xbmc and see if u can get it for the low :D

it seems like some people here dont wanna pay for them but theyre well worth it. sh*t just in the past few months ive seen like 5-6 ppv that would have run me over $300 and i got my apple tv 2 for wayy less than that. the way i see it in a few ppv's it pays itself. and on top of that ive been saving money from cancelling netflix & hulu and my cable

good luck homie
 5 years ago '04        #38
bluedawgalex 3 heat pts
space
space
 surreyjack said:
theres alternative android boxes out there that will run xmbc, navi-x, and devilsportz and all that other stuff
true, thats another alternative. im prob gonna get my hands on one of them just to try it out. but xbmc for android is still in developmental stages so people that have NO patience will prob. say it sucks straight out.

its a good alternative for "techie" people that dont mind upgrading and workin out tweaks on their own, BUT for people that want things to work flawlessly they should just fork out the money for the apple tv 2 that will give them little to no issues.

as for me im happy with my apple tv 2, but like i said i'm gonna try the android box just to review it :D
 5 years ago '07        #39
smj_724 1 heat pts
space
space
 bluedawgalex said:
how much y'all trying to spend on the apple tv?

i found a lot ranging from $80 not jailbroken to $175 when theyre already jailbroken.

it just takes a little patience
Where you find them for those prices, I've been looking everywhere. At least the main places like amazon, ebay
 5 years ago '04        #40
bluedawgalex 3 heat pts
space
space
 smj_724 said:
Where you find them for those prices, I've been looking everywhere. At least the main places like amazon, ebay
craigslist. thats where i used to cop them when i was flipping them, but i searched for those today and un-jailbroken there was some as low as $75-$80 and jailbroken the highest was like $175, idk how much people here wanna spend but the price is fine when u notice how much money u saving, a few months of hulu+netflix and a few ppv's and the sh*t pays itself

ebay and amazon prices are ALWAYS gonna be higher and in some instances theyre gonna wanna r*pe u for shipping charges.

i seen one on ebay for $120 and they were charging $35 shipping and the sh*t was here in the US im like gtfoh it aint gonna cost u more than $5-10 to ship
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
81 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
72 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
27 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
82 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
32 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
141 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy