most viewed right now
 NBA ALL Nike "City" Uniforms Leaked via 2K
29 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
123 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11-13-2013, 07:16 AM         #301
Gchild781 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I see a ATV 2 for sale, but it's firmware version 6.0 (6646.65), I can't find any way of jailbreaking that versions, is there any way to downgrade the firmware?
 4 years ago '05        #302
sleezy 
space
space
$5,346 | Props total: 1147 1147
just spent a lotta time reading this thread... im interested in trying this out but seems like to atv seems better and easier, watched the raspberry video and alotta things went over my head, guess im not used to the lingo involving streamboxes or streaming tv period, I pay over $200 a month for triple package, don't sound enough to convince me to cut the cable but I know a couple friend who is struggling and this will do them good, I rather buy a hoe this so I can chill at her place and watch movies then having her asking me to pay a cable bill smh lol
 4 years ago '07        #303
mrfreak76 700 heat pts700
space
space
$7,148 | Props total: 1365 1365
I recently sold my atv2 because the lag was not worth it and became too slow after installing fordo xmbc.

I'm going to be running a Ethernet cable downstairs and after reading this thread I want to get rid of my cable.

My questions, what device do you recommend getting to stream movies and tv shows from my 2tb external HD? Formats vary from .mkv, .mp4, x.264, avi, xvid, etc

Also, Before I can cut my cable, I need to know I can get these channels and teams in HD, like Lakers, Dodgers, NFL RedZone, TNT, TBS, ESPN, Fox Sports, Spike TV, NBATV, NFL Network, etc.

If I can get NBA league Pass and PPV channels for free that would be an added bonus too.

Is it possible or a pipe dream?

I plenty of bandwidth as you can see, just need to have the right setup to take advantage of it.
 4 years ago '04        #304
tgreen300 
space
space
space
$103 | Props total: 0 0
Hey fellas got my PI and installed openelec but for some reason cant install 1 channel I see the respitory but dont see the option to install. I s it different in openelec.
 4 years ago '05        #305
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,644 | Props total: 13736 13736
 tgreen300 said:
Hey fellas got my PI and installed openelec but for some reason cant install 1 channel I see the respitory but dont see the option to install. I s it different in openelec.
Try re-installing the repository.
 4 years ago '09        #306
Extort you 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,335 | Props total: 353 353
My Ethernet port on my pi just went out anybody know if there's a warranty when you purchase it from the foundation?
 4 years ago '04        #307
KREW 25 heat pts25
space
space
$6,046 | Props total: 4839 4839
 tgreen300 said:
Try force refresh if it doesnt show up.

mrfreak76 said:
I recently sold my atv2 because the lag was not worth it and became too slow after installing fordo xmbc.

I'm going to be running a Ethernet cable downstairs and after reading this thread I want to get rid of my cable.

My questions, what device do you recommend getting to stream movies and tv shows from my 2tb external HD? Formats vary from .mkv, .mp4, x.264, avi, xvid, etc

Also, Before I can cut my cable, I need to know I can get these channels and teams in HD, like Lakers, Dodgers, NFL RedZone, TNT, TBS, ESPN, Fox Sports, Spike TV, NBATV, NFL Network, etc.

If I can get NBA league Pass and PPV channels for free that would be an added bonus too.

Is it possible or a pipe dream?

I plenty of bandwidth as you can see, just need to have the right setup to take advantage of it.
I use this with my 2tb external. It's more expensive but it runs smooth as hell once you put like 4gb RAM, 30gb SSD and optional wireless card in. There's a cheaper version but it doesn't have ethernet port.

Last edited by KREW; 12-06-2013 at 02:39 PM..
 4 years ago '09        #308
dadon85 135 heat pts135
space
space
space
$30,196 | Props total: 13450 13450
Anyone with an ouya with plex and xbmc. Thinking about buying for that and emulators. Word is you can connect ouya to plex(watch stuff from your pc at another location) new to the plex game so not sure if that's common

My daughter has a vizio smart tv. It shows the plex and movies but won't play them(can't click)
 4 years ago '04        #309
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,562 | Props total: 2834 2834
i havent tried plex on my ouya

i do run xbmc on there though and emulators

both work perfectly
 4 years ago '09        #310
dadon85 135 heat pts135
space
space
space
 abstractq said:
i havent tried plex on my ouya

i do run xbmc on there though and emulators

both work perfectly
Seen reviews saying runs slow and wifi acts up
 4 years ago '09        #311
dadon85 135 heat pts135
space
space
space
Decided to pass on ouya. Not enough info
 4 years ago '05        #312
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 dadon85 said:
Decided to pass on ouya. Not enough info
I think I'll get try an Android box again after stable 12.3 is released. They have video acceleration working in the nightlies for Android now. I wouldn't mind being able to play the games I have from the Play Store (and other places ) and emulators on my TV while also having XBMC.
 4 years ago '07        #313
lefhandit 
space
space
$350 | Props total: 150 150
Gbox is the best,I've tried all the others. Plus it has a browser. $99 bucks on Amazon,XBMC preloaded.
 4 years ago '04        #314
SokeSleezy 3 heat pts
space
space
$12,974 | Props total: 121 121
 lefhandit said:
Gbox is the best,I've tried all the others. Plus it has a browser. $99 bucks on Amazon,XBMC preloaded.
this looks like a really good option,i might have to get one for myself for xmas lol...
 4 years ago '04        #315
GodsFavorite 101 heat pts101
space
space
space
$8,885 | Props total: 2944 2944
i have a chromecast (only useful for netflix and youtube right now) and a bluray 3d player that has 100 apps and streams from a DLNA. only problem is it doesn't stream mkvs which is the high definition type
 4 years ago '04        #316
Duntaz 58 heat pts58
space
space
$13,322 | Props total: 5745 5745
damn I can believe I slept on this thread. Looks like rbip out shined apple in this thread. Raspberry IP here I come That ouya box looks clean though, any comparison? Can you game with the raspberry ip? All in all which would be best for 1080p, addons, & gaming. Hopefully raspberry can cover it all.
 4 years ago '04        #317
KREW 25 heat pts25
space
space
$6,046 | Props total: 4839 4839
 Duntaz said:
damn I can believe I slept on this thread. Looks like rbip out shined apple in this thread. Raspberry IP here I come That ouya box looks clean though, any comparison? Can you game with the raspberry ip? All in all which would be best for 1080p, addons, & gaming. Hopefully raspberry can cover it all.
Nah, the Pi ain't really built for gaming and the best skin to use with the Pi is the stock xbmc one. I gave mine to my bro when I got my Intel Nuc for a HTPC but the Pi is capable of playing 1080p files.
 4 years ago '05        #318
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Duntaz said:
Raspberry Pi with an Class 10 SD card will do every thing you want except gaming. I rock the Metropolis skin on my Pi because it has the Cinema Experience button built-in. If you need to game, I'd suggest an Ouya.
 4 years ago '04        #319
Duntaz 58 heat pts58
space
space
$13,322 | Props total: 5745 5745
Nah I don't really need gaming. That would've just been a bonus. I have pretty much everything I need to build other than the board & case. Been looking for a decent looking case instead of that basic sh*t. Preferably something with a glossy finish like I bought it from a store lol. What are the top plugins yall have installed?

Last edited by Duntaz; 01-15-2014 at 12:14 PM..
 4 years ago '05        #320
Rob- 
space
space
$1,356 | Props total: 445 445
so if u just getting started into this what would be the best setup? apple tv ?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
195 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
69 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
216 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
79 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
50 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
59 comments
1 day ago