Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
63 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
73 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #281
e-double 
space
space
space
$610 | Props total: 1 1
 surreyjack said:
I bought the Pivos XIOS today its way smoother and more responsive than the Pi even with a USB 3.0. Gonna move the pi to my 2nd TV.
In the end the Pivos is around the same price as the Pi.
I like the Xios too. I didn't bother with the android on it cause i don't need those features, bought it and went straight to xbmc.

There's a HUGE difference between the 'official' linux XBMC firmware from Pivos and the linux xbmc beta's you get on the pivos forum.

if you have a xios, try this firmware:

haven't messed with Pi too much, but the xios runs smooth whatever I throw at it, but only on toys4me firmware.
 5 years ago '04        #282
bluedawgalex 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,736 | Props total: 1640 1640
 Peter Griffin said:
Thanks for all that, I appreciate it.
I'll look for projectfreetv, I must of over looked it, is it in fusion?

Also, Is the an easier way to uninstall addons instead of going to each one, one by one?
fo sho. no problem

yea projectfreetv is on fusion under eldorado repository

and so far idk any other way to uninstall other than going one by one. its one of the other reasons why i dont reccommend installing a lot of addons that you may not use on a daily basis.

i made a pi for my homie with the essentials, such as 1channel, icefilms navi-x sportsdevil etc. sh*t was runnin smooth when i gave it to him,

i went to his house a few wks later and this n*gga had damn near 100 addons and sh*t was runnin slow as a mutha cuz of all the sh*t he installed

and then i ask him and he said he didnt even use half of them

moral of the story is stick with what u use and u should be straight
 5 years ago '04        #283
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,560 | Props total: 2830 2830
So i have an apple tv and a Pi running xbmc

both work well, but the apple tv is a bit smoother. But both the Pi and the Apple TV take forever to load add ons and pages and sh*t

My phone actually runs xbmc better, as far as loading add-ons and what not, although streaming links on my phone is usually choppy

How well does xbmc run on some of these other devices?. . .cause I mean I could still sell my apple TV on ebay and buy some cheaper/better sh*t if it will run XBMC faster. Theres got to be some sh*t that lets xbmc run as fast as it does on my computer
 5 years ago '04        #284
bluedawgalex 3 heat pts
space
space
 abstractq said:
So i have an apple tv and a Pi running xbmc

both work well, but the apple tv is a bit smoother. But both the Pi and the Apple TV take forever to load add ons and pages and sh*t

My phone actually runs xbmc better, as far as loading add-ons and what not, although streaming links on my phone is usually choppy

How well does xbmc run on some of these other devices?. . .cause I mean I could still sell my apple TV on ebay and buy some cheaper/better sh*t if it will run XBMC faster. Theres got to be some sh*t that lets xbmc run as fast as it does on my computer
thats weird. have u tried running xbmcon your pi off a usb drive?

it makes a BIG difference.

if u do it with raspbmc its an easy process.

i have 3 pi's and they all run as fast as my atv 2's did. u can also try overclocking your pi as that would make a difference too.

the pi in my living room is runnin raspbmc off a thumb drive.

the other 2 in the bedrooms are running openelec off a calss 10 sd card, and i get little to no lag.
 05-20-2013, 10:47 PM         #285
surreyjack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^ like he said get a USB and make sure its a USB 3.0 they only cost like $10 for a good one 8gb one.

if you have a 2amp wall plug you can overclock your sh*t to 1000 450 450 +6

also set up favorites it makes it easier and quicker imo
 5 years ago '04        #286
bluedawgalex 3 heat pts
space
space
 surreyjack said:
^ like he said get a USB and make sure its a USB 3.0 they only cost like $10 for a good one 8gb one.

if you have a 2amp wall plug you can overclock your sh*t to 1000 450 450 +6

also set up favorites it makes it easier and quicker imo
yea i heard the 3.0 usb are better but i did mine with a normal 8gb sandisk thumb drive and it still works well.

and +1 to the favorites. so much easier.

another thing. dont worry if its a little slow at first, the reason for that is because it hasnt had much use so everytime u click on something its fetching the art and the info, as u use it more and the images are cached, it will run much more smoothly.

5 years ago '05        #287
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,633 | Props total: 13711 13711
Anybody run their Pi off a class 10 SD card? Mine is running off a class 4 right now. I'm wondering how big of a performance gain you'd get by using a class 10.
 5 years ago '04        #288
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
Ordered the USB 3.0. . .Now if I currently have it running Raspbmc on a class 6 SD card, do I just create the bootable USB, remove the SD, insert the USB and restart the Pi?

Also, thinking about trying out openelec. . . which one is better?
 5 years ago '04        #289
KREW 25 heat pts25
space
space
$6,045 | Props total: 4839 4839
Openelec is better but you can only run it on a SD last time I checked..
 05-21-2013, 12:13 PM         #290
surreyjack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 abstractq said:
Ordered the USB 3.0. . .Now if I currently have it running Raspbmc on a class 6 SD card, do I just create the bootable USB, remove the SD, insert the USB and restart the Pi?

Also, thinking about trying out openelec. . . which one is better?
No. Follow these steps. You'll still need to use your SD card it'll boot off of SD card.

[video - click to view]

If you are going to install openelec you can use it already has all of the add ons installed and its overclocked making it a little smoother. OE is said to be more responsive. Raspbmc updates itself I think you have to update OE manually.

KREW said:
Openelec is better but you can only run it on a SD last time I checked..
You can run it off of USB its just a little harder
 5 years ago '04        #291
bluedawgalex 3 heat pts
space
space
 Y.G. said:
Anybody run their Pi off a class 10 SD card? Mine is running off a class 4 right now. I'm wondering how big of a performance gain you'd get by using a class 10.
im running all my pi's off a class 10 and they run just like my atv 2's did

never used a class 4 but im sure the performance is much better with the class 10

as for everyone else's questions, surrey jack explained it perfectly

as for performance i like open elec better. i wish there was an easier way to install to usb just like with raspbmc but at the moment the process takes a while

i went from raspbmc to openelec and i aint lookin back. runnin from a class 10 card is almost the same performance as runnin from usb on the pi setup i did for my parents so im straight
 5 years ago '05        #292
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 bluedawgalex said:
im running all my pi's off a class 10 and they run just like my atv 2's did

never used a class 4 but im sure the performance is much better with the class 10

as for everyone else's questions, surrey jack explained it perfectly

as for performance i like open elec better. i wish there was an easier way to install to usb just like with raspbmc but at the moment the process takes a while

i went from raspbmc to openelec and i aint lookin back. runnin from a class 10 card is almost the same performance as runnin from usb on the pi setup i did for my parents so im straight
Good info breh.
 5 years ago '08        #293
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,358 | Props total: 272 272
so wait....someone explain to me better how to get openelec on a usb.

i was on the openelec forums and they were talking about having to partition my usb for ext4, which i dont think is possible with my mac.

maybe there is a simpler way im just not seeing.

my pi runs pretty smooth stock, but if i can get it running a tad bit better, i want to give it a try.
 5 years ago '04        #294
bluedawgalex 3 heat pts
space
space
 iPunish901 said:
so wait....someone explain to me better how to get openelec on a usb.

i was on the openelec forums and they were talking about having to partition my usb for ext4, which i dont think is possible with my mac.

maybe there is a simpler way im just not seeing.

my pi runs pretty smooth stock, but if i can get it running a tad bit better, i want to give it a try.
yeah most of that sh*t has to be done with a windows computer, u can try running windows on your mac with virtual box or parallels but that sh*t will prob be a hassle.

its the only reason i keep my old windows laptop around.

u can try doing it with berryboot. it will be an easier process.

finna try it myself when i get a new flash drive.

here are the links and instructions.(that other method on the openelec forums has me growing gray hairs son )

instructions on here , pretty straightforward

hope this helps my nig

just remember u still need an sd card to boot but the os will be installed on the flash drive

im runnin open elec off my class 10 sd card and it works great but ima try this method to see if i get it running even faster :D
 4 years ago '04        #295
Adwerdz 319 heat pts319
space
space
$32,718 | Props total: 23221 23221
went through this whole thread, was interested on finding an alternative to cable, I got xbmc on my macbook and it's dope, looking into getting the rpi

how are you guys making out with everything any updates or udgrades?
 4 years ago '04        #296
KREW 25 heat pts25
space
space
$6,045 | Props total: 4839 4839
 Adwerdz said:
went through this whole thread, was interested on finding an alternative to cable, I got xbmc on my macbook and it's dope, looking into getting the rpi

how are you guys making out with everything any updates or udgrades?
I still got my Pi but moved onto a small htpc (Intel nuc) for my bedroom setup. The Pi is great, set up in my bro's room now. Now I'm building a gaming / htpc for the living room.
 4 years ago '04        #297
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
right now im looking into building something more powerful for my basement to run xbmc

the Pi and the ouya are great, but it takes a long time for things to load up on either

My phone running xbmc is actually better than either the pi or the ouya
 4 years ago '05        #298
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 abstractq said:
right now im looking into building something more powerful for my basement to run xbmc

the Pi and the ouya are great, but it takes a long time for things to load up on either

My phone running xbmc is actually better than either the pi or the ouya
What kind of card are you using with the Pi? I upgraded to a class 10 and things are snappy.
 4 years ago '04        #299
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
i think mines is a class 6

I actually configured teh i to run off of USB 3.0 though. Improved the speed a little bit, but again, running xbmc on my phone performs like 5x faster
 11-12-2013, 03:25 PM         #300
Gchild781 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
bought a Pi last week, waiting for it t get here
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
36 comments
2 days ago