TV Streaming Boxes?

most viewed right now
 137
Pusha Takes DIRECT SHOT AT Wheelchair Jimmy DRAKE "It was Never Written Like Q..
156 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 82
Article inside Thot ends up $10,000 in debt thirst trapping for the 'gram.
94 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 65
RIP Pusha T just ended his own career tonight by taking a shot at Drake
100 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 62
NBA Police release video of Milwaukee Buck Sterling Brown Arrest
114 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #261
niceguy954 31 heat pts31
space
avatar space
space
$5,389 | Props total: 264 264
 Y.G. said:
The HDMI cables goes from the Pi to the TV. The WiFi adapter connects the Pi to the router.
time to get started



 5 years ago '04        #262
KREW 25 heat pts25
space
avatar space
space
$6,202 | Props total: 5174 5174
 bluedawgalex said:
good looks to my dude up there that put me on that transparency skin. sh*t is niiiiiiice.
 5 years ago '05        #263
Peter Griffin 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,879 | Props total: 287 287
anyone who has done this, did you cut your cable? or still have it but changed to a reduced package?
Just curious
 05-14-2013, 11:16 PM         #264
surreyjack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I bought the Pivos XIOS today its way smoother and more responsive than the Pi even with a USB 3.0. Gonna move the pi to my 2nd TV.
In the end the Pivos is around the same price as the Pi.
 5 years ago '05        #265
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$42,771 | Props total: 17019 17019
 surreyjack said:
I bought the Pivos XIOS today its way smoother and more responsive than the Pi even with a USB 3.0. Gonna move the pi to my 2nd TV.
In the end the Pivos is around the same price as the Pi.
Android XBMC still isn't stable. That's what made me return my Android stick and get the Pi.
 05-15-2013, 03:48 PM         #266
surreyjack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Y.G. said:
Android XBMC still isn't stable. That's what made me return my Android stick and get the Pi.
You can flash linux onto the Pivos its more stable than the pi its the most stable linux xbmc box from what ive read.
 5 years ago '05        #267
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$42,771 | Props total: 17019 17019
 surreyjack said:
You can flash linux onto the Pivos its more stable than the pi its the most stable linux xbmc box from what ive read.
It can't be more stable since the Pi builds are all Linux themselves. It can as stable, can't be more. But what's the point in having an Android box and flashing Linux on it? You lose a lot of functionality.
 05-15-2013, 11:23 PM         #268
surreyjack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yes it can lol hardware matters and the Pivos was out long before the Pi there has been more work done on it. I have both so I would know.
I just need it for xbmc I dont give a fu*k about functionality I just want something that doesnt take 30 secs to load up add ons
 5 years ago '05        #269
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$42,771 | Props total: 17019 17019
 surreyjack said:
Yes it can lol hardware matters and the Pivos was out long before the Pi there has been more work done on it. I have both so I would know.
I just need it for xbmc I dont give a fu*k about functionality I just want something that doesnt take 30 secs to load up add ons
Regardless of what you say, the XBMC on the Pi is more stable than XBMC on Android. Period. The Pios is faster than the Pi, that doesn't make it more stable. And that's pointless to get an Android box and then not run Android.
 05-16-2013, 11:31 AM         #270
surreyjack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Y.G. said:
Regardless of what you say, the XBMC on the Pi is more stable than XBMC on Android. Period. The Pios is faster than the Pi, that doesn't make it more stable. And that's pointless to get an Android box and then not run Android.
You have serious comprehension problems. I know its more stable thats why I chose to run XBMC on linux instead of android. I said its faster AND more stable. Go ahead and head over to the offical xbmc forums and you'll see people saying the same thing, and plus since I have both the Pi and Pivos I think I'm better suited to make that judgement. I have no bias I'm the one who told you n*ggas about the Pi.
I don't understand how its pointless to run a linux build of XBMC instead of the android one when its better. I already have android on my phone and tablet and if I need it on my TV I can just mirror it over XBMC. That would be like saying its stupid to run XBMC on the Pi because it was meant to run ubuntu or w.e. And why would I want to run a gingerbread build of android anyways.

You're one of those n*ggas that cant admit when their wrong and will just continue on with his dumbass argument.


Last edited by surreyjack; 05-16-2013 at 11:34 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #271
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$42,771 | Props total: 17019 17019
 surreyjack said:
You have serious comprehension problems. I know its more stable thats why I chose to run XBMC on linux instead of android. I said its faster AND more stable. Go ahead and head over to the offical xbmc forums and you'll see people saying the same thing, and plus since I have both the Pi and Pivos I think I'm better suited to make that judgement. I have no bias I'm the one who told you n*ggas about the Pi.
I don't understand how its pointless to run a linux build of XBMC instead of the android one when its better. I already have android on my phone and tablet and if I need it on my TV I can just mirror it over XBMC. That would be like saying its stupid to run XBMC on the Pi because it was meant to run ubuntu or w.e. And why would I want to run a gingerbread build of android anyways.

You're one of those n*ggas that cant admit when their wrong and will just continue on with his dumbass argument.
You're saying I'm wrong when you claim that the Linux XBMC you flash on the Pi is less stable than the one you can flash on the Pios. Right.

You're better suited?

I've had the Pios and the Probox 2. What makes you better suited to make judgement over anyone else?

And it's pointless to get rid of Android on an Android box... because the main reason to get an Android box is to... use Android.

Honestly though, if speed is such a concern, you might as well spend $60 - $70 more bucks and get a nettop use that for XBMC. Also, there are much better Android boxes out and coming out than the Pios. Anyway, can't be wrong when I'm just sharing my opinion. Quit gettin butthurt.
 05-16-2013, 04:52 PM         #272
surreyjack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
oh now you owned one before huh even though you didn't know it was a dual box with linux and android. you dont even know the name of it n*gga its a pivos not a pios quit bullsh*ttin... the lengths you are going to not lose a stupid argument is pathetic.

stop using the android argument its stupid. the main reason for me was for xbmc. it comes with android stock but 99% of people use linux on it because its better and if you really owned one you would know it comes with the gingerbread android version which is crap and unstable.

why would I spend more money when this is one of the best boxes and $70 less?
 5 years ago '05        #273
Peter Griffin 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,879 | Props total: 287 287
Just got my Pi in the mail. Installed rsbmc and hooked up to my tv now, just waiting for it to boot up.

I had an issue because I was downloading add-ons and putting them on the SD card rather then downloading them through XBMC.
 5 years ago '05        #274
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$42,771 | Props total: 17019 17019
 surreyjack said:
oh now you owned one before huh even though you didn't know it was a dual box with linux and android. you dont even know the name of it n*gga its a pivos not a pios quit bullsh*ttin... the lengths you are going to not lose a stupid argument is pathetic.

stop using the android argument its stupid. the main reason for me was for xbmc. it comes with android stock but 99% of people use linux on it because its better and if you really owned one you would know it comes with the gingerbread android version which is crap and unstable.

why would I spend more money when this is one of the best boxes and $70 less?
If you search the thread, you'll see I've always called it Pios. You're a nobody n*gga. Why would I have to lie to you?

Did it ever cross your mind that I wanted my Android box to run Android? I had plans for running XBMC and also using my 360 controller to play a few of the games I've bought from the Play Store. So I flashed ICS on the Pios and Jellybean on the Probox 2. Neither boxes were very good at handling 1080p video streamed locally so I returned them. Why would I want to flash Linux if I still wanted to retain the Android functions of the box? F*ckin moron.
 5 years ago '04        #275
bluedawgalex 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,764 | Props total: 1668 1668
 Peter Griffin said:
Just got my Pi in the mail. Installed rsbmc and hooked up to my tv now, just waiting for it to boot up.

I had an issue because I was downloading add-ons and putting them on the SD card rather then downloading them through XBMC.
yea son its a learning process, but you'll get it

i reccommend fusion that way u can add all the addons from the repositories and they'll update by themselves as the updates are pushed to every individual device
 5 years ago '05        #276
Peter Griffin 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,879 | Props total: 287 287
 bluedawgalex said:
yea son its a learning process, but you'll get it

i reccommend fusion that way u can add all the addons from the repositories and they'll update by themselves as the updates are pushed to every individual device
Yeah man, learning slowly. I did install fusion like you said and got some addons. I'm trying to figure out how to use super repo, I can't find sports devil. I also got usatv but im having a script error.

What are some must have addons?


Last edited by Peter Griffin; 05-17-2013 at 12:29 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #277
bluedawgalex 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,764 | Props total: 1668 1668
 Peter Griffin said:
Yeah man, learning slowly. I did install fusion like you said and got some addons. I'm trying to figure out how to use super repo, I can't find sports devil. I also got usatv but im having a script error.

What are some must have addons?
sportsdevil is on fusion under video addons>sports>max mustermann repository if im not mistaken

for usa tv you should look for some live tv streams on navi-x u can find that on fusion under the programs menu,

as for super repo i havent really tried so cant speak on it. if i install it i'll post something on it :D

as for what addons are the best it all depends on what you watch.

for tv shows my reccomendation is 1channel, projectfreetv and tv-release.

1channel is VERY reliable, right now the domain got hijacked but theyre pushing a new update that will fix the issues. project freetv is my backup in case 1channel aint workin and tv-release is a semi-new addon that has hd rips so its slowly becoming my favorite. the UI isnt all that but it gets the job done for now.

1 channel also has movies but i prefer icefilms

for movies i suggest icefilms basically any movie that comes out is there. i rarely have any issues and i love that they have hd links.

1channel has movie sections too but they post cam rips sometimes and i dont wann go thru that i want high quality sh*t

navi-x is dope as fu*k this is one of the only places where u will get actual 1080 rips. most other addons cap it at 720 but navi-x has 1080 rips and in my opinion is worth it with a raspberry pi. hopefully other addons will hop on the bandwagon so we wont be limited to 720 rips, im guessing there arent many 1080 rips because of the big size and because atv 2's were capped at 720

there is many other addons but i have found everything i like to watch with these and they are my go-to's ive seen a lot of people try to add EVERY available addon and they rarely use them and in some cases it slows everything down so i stick to the few addons that i use on a daily basis and im good with that.

good luck and i hope u get sportsdevil to work. i always use it for ppv's and it works great.

 5 years ago '05        #278
Peter Griffin 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,879 | Props total: 287 287
 bluedawgalex said:
sportsdevil is on fusion under video addons>sports>max mustermann repository if im not mistaken

for usa tv you should look for some live tv streams on navi-x u can find that on fusion under the programs menu,

as for super repo i havent really tried so cant speak on it. if i install it i'll post something on it :D

as for what addons are the best it all depends on what you watch.

for tv shows my reccomendation is 1channel, projectfreetv and tv-release.

1channel is VERY reliable, right now the domain got hijacked but theyre pushing a new update that will fix the issues. project freetv is my backup in case 1channel aint workin and tv-release is a semi-new addon that has hd rips so its slowly becoming my favorite. the UI isnt all that but it gets the job done for now.

1 channel also has movies but i prefer icefilms

for movies i suggest icefilms basically any movie that comes out is there. i rarely have any issues and i love that they have hd links.

1channel has movie sections too but they post cam rips sometimes and i dont wann go thru that i want high quality sh*t

navi-x is dope as fu*k this is one of the only places where u will get actual 1080 rips. most other addons cap it at 720 but navi-x has 1080 rips and in my opinion is worth it with a raspberry pi. hopefully other addons will hop on the bandwagon so we wont be limited to 720 rips, im guessing there arent many 1080 rips because of the big size and because atv 2's were capped at 720

there is many other addons but i have found everything i like to watch with these and they are my go-to's ive seen a lot of people try to add EVERY available addon and they rarely use them and in some cases it slows everything down so i stick to the few addons that i use on a daily basis and im good with that.

good luck and i hope u get sportsdevil to work. i always use it for ppv's and it works great.

Thanks for all that, I appreciate it.
I'll look for projectfreetv, I must of over looked it, is it in fusion?

Also, Is the an easier way to uninstall addons instead of going to each one, one by one?
 5 years ago '04        #279
KREW 25 heat pts25
space
avatar space
space
$6,202 | Props total: 5174 5174
Man I seen the homie had strictly xbmc running on a acer nettop pc and that sh*t ran so smooth..

might look into that as well but I'm good with my Pi for now..
 5 years ago '05        #280
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$42,771 | Props total: 17019 17019
 KREW said:
Man I seen the homie had strictly xbmc running on a acer nettop pc and that sh*t ran so smooth..

might look into that as well but I'm good with my Pi for now..
Once my Pi gives out, I'm going the netttop route.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 51
Image(s) inside She Earned Her Stripes...
18 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 30
ashley graham killing it i'm sold yo!
86 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 26
Image(s) inside Fresh Prince Of Bel Air Mansion 2018
80 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 18
Video inside Top 10 Comic Book Superheroes NOT from Marvel or DC
16 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 14
May 22 - Deadly Chinese Fentanyl Is Creating a New Era of Drug Kingpins
63 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 9
Video inside Johnny Depp Hunts Notorious B.I.G.'s Killer in First 'City of Lies' Tra..
60 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 9
Video inside Graphics are Blurring the Lines, ya ready for this?.
36 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
 7
Video inside Rockstar game's troubles summed up perfectly
88 comments
2 days ago
@games
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy