TV Streaming Boxes?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
43 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
5 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
77 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #241
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
space
$55,727 | Props total: 13124 13124
 Y.G. said:
PayPal me the mula. I'll hook you up nice breh.
gimme a breakdown of the cost
 5 years ago '05        #242
Peter Griffin 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,829 | Props total: 225 225
 iPunish901 said:

offically a pi stan
You got it to work?

I posted in this thread a few months ago, I'm thinking about doing this again. Still confused on how all this works but I'm willing to give it a shot.

So if i purchase the Rasberry PI, hook it up to my TV, install plugins such as XMBC, Watchustv, etc..then it'll be good? I would most def cancel my cable if i can figure this out.
 5 years ago '04        #243
KREW 25 heat pts25
space
space
$6,047 | Props total: 4839 4839
 Peter Griffin said:
You got it to work?

I posted in this thread a few months ago, I'm thinking about doing this again. Still confused on how all this works but I'm willing to give it a shot.

So if i purchase the Rasberry PI, hook it up to my TV, install plugins such as XMBC, Watchustv, etc..then it'll be good? I would most def cancel my cable if i can figure this out.
Cop a Pi, format a sd card (4gb and higher preferred), write an xbmc image to the card (raspbmc, openelec, xbian) find addons for xbmc, connect to a network, enjoy.
 04-19-2013, 03:38 AM         #244
surreyjack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 smj_724 said:
Does it matter which usb hub I get?

scroll down to working usb hubs.

I have this one
 5 years ago '08        #245
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,358 | Props total: 272 272
 Peter Griffin said:
You got it to work?

yea its easy, just follow the steps from the wiki.

if you have the necessary accessories around, very cheap option imo. my girl asked me what i was doing, i told her i was setting up a media server, she said, "oh like an apple tv?"

this is way better than an apple tv. especially since the ATV2 is crazy expensive due to the high demand and it only plays 720p. i got my pi running 1080p easily.

Last edited by iPunish901; 04-19-2013 at 04:41 AM..
 04-19-2013, 04:19 PM         #246
surreyjack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Installing it is as easy as fu*k it only seems hard. I had mine running in 20 mins theirs even youtube videos out there with tutorials. Just make sure everything you buy will work with the pi

[video - click to view]

They even have programs that will install raspmbc onto your sd card all you gotta do is plug it in

A few pages back I posted a openelec img with mostly all the add ons you'll need already enabled
 5 years ago '08        #247
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,358 | Props total: 272 272
 surreyjack said:
Installing it is as easy as fu*k it only seems hard. I had mine running in 20 mins theirs even youtube videos out there with tutorials. Just make sure everything you buy will work with the pi

They even have programs that will install raspmbc onto your sd card all you gotta do is plug it in

A few pages back I posted a openelec img with mostly all the add ons you'll need already enabled
i use openelec 3.0.1

i literally installed it on an sd card and everything booted up, nothing more. i didnt need a keyboard or a mouse. xbmc just booted right up and was ready to use. then i use my iphone or ipad mini as the remote.

openelec even auto mounts usb drives, which was my biggest worry.

what skin do you guys use since the rpi cant handle heavy skins? i hate the stock skin confluence and aeon is wayyy to heavy to use on the rpi.

my fav right now is nbox, its in the skin development repo.

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #248
KREW 25 heat pts25
space
space
$6,047 | Props total: 4839 4839
 iPunish901 said:
i use openelec 3.0.1

i literally installed it on an sd card and everything booted up, nothing more. i didnt need a keyboard or a mouse. xbmc just booted right up and was ready to use. then i use my iphone or ipad mini as the remote.

what skin do you guys use since the rpi cant handle heavy skins? i hate the stock skin confluence and aeon is wayyy to heavy to use on the rpi.

Openelec is the sh*t, I'm using the Transparency skin right now. It's smooth as Confluence but looks way better.
 5 years ago '05        #249
Peter Griffin 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,829 | Props total: 225 225
bumping this thread.

Just ordered my Raspberry pi, already have an HDMI, Ethernet, and power cable. Going to find a cheap 10 class SD card then i'll be good.

Been watching a bunch of videos on how to start up. Can't wait and hopefully I can cut my cable service.

Also, what are some good paid apps to stream sports, I don't mind paying a yearly amount if its worth it

Last edited by Peter Griffin; 05-12-2013 at 11:13 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #250
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,652 | Props total: 13766 13766
 iPunish901 said:
i use openelec 3.0.1

I use Metropolis since it has the Cinema Experience button built in.
 5 years ago '04        #251
bluedawgalex 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,736 | Props total: 1640 1640
glad to see everyone jumped on the pi bandwagon,

its legit.
 5 years ago '05        #252
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 StuNNa said:
gimme a breakdown of the cost
- $44

- $25 (this bad boy will stream 1080p content from your computer/laptop/media server to your Raspberry Pi without skipping a beat)

- $13

- $12

- $5

- $4

Total - $103

You can subtract whatever pieces you already have (charger, HDMI cable, memory card, etc). You can find those parts a little cheaper on other sites, but all those I listed are Prime eligible so I got 2-day free shipping with them.
 5 years ago '04        #253
bluedawgalex 3 heat pts
space
space
 Y.G. said:
- $44

- $25 (this bad boy will stream 1080p content from your computer/laptop/media server to your Raspberry Pi without skipping a beat)

- $13

- $12

- $5

- $4

Total - $103

You can subtract whatever pieces you already have (charger, HDMI cable, memory card, etc). You can find those parts a little cheaper on other sites, but all those I listed are Prime eligible so I got 2-day free shipping with them.

just wanna share that u can prob save a few bucks and hassle of buying from different stores

by purchasing thru ebay

i got my kit and wifi dongle for around 70 bucks.

the kit includes

Raspberry Pi
Micro Usb Cable
1A 5V Power Adapter (approved for Raspberry Pi)
8gb sd card preloaded with your choice of OS i chose openelec
Multi Comp Case - Black With Raspberry Pi Logo Engraved

i bought this wifi dongle and it works great streaming 1080 vids my bro went with the edimax and were getting the same quality but mine was $20 cheaper

hope this helps
 5 years ago '05        #254
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 bluedawgalex said:
just wanna share that u can prob save a few bucks and hassle of buying from different stores

by purchasing thru ebay

i got my kit and wifi dongle for around 70 bucks.

the kit includes

Raspberry Pi
Micro Usb Cable
1A 5V Power Adapter (approved for Raspberry Pi)
8gb sd card preloaded with your choice of OS i chose openelec
Multi Comp Case - Black With Raspberry Pi Logo Engraved

i bought this wifi dongle and it works great streaming 1080 vids my bro went with the edimax and were getting the same quality but mine was $20 cheaper

hope this helps
That wifi dongle won't handle high bitrate 1080p files. I had a 150N adapter before I got my current 300N adapter and it constantly buffered when streaming 1080p movies with a high bitrate from my computer.

Other than that, I noted you could get the parts a little cheaper elsewhere but I prefer to buy from Amazon. I need my free 2-day shipping.

Edit: When I say streaming I mean from a local source (your computer), over your home network, not over the internet like 1channel or YouTube. 150N isn't enough to handle high bitrate content locally.

Last edited by Y.G.; 05-14-2013 at 07:26 AM..
 5 years ago '06        #255
niceguy954 31 heat pts31
space
space
$5,371 | Props total: 135 135
 Y.G. said:
- $44

- $13

- $12

- $5

- $4

Total - $103

Do I really need the HDMI cord. I want to be able to stream my media content wirelesly

ya boys need to hop on amazon prime
 5 years ago '05        #256
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 niceguy954 said:
Do I really need the HDMI cord. I want to be able to stream my media content wirelesly

ya boys need to hop on amazon prime
If you don't have one and want to display content in HD, yes. You can use composite cables instead though.

And yes, Amazon Prime is that deal.
 5 years ago '04        #257
bluedawgalex 3 heat pts
space
space
 Y.G. said:
That wifi dongle won't handle high bitrate 1080p files. I had a 150N adapter before I got my current 300N adapter and it constantly buffered when streaming 1080p movies with a high bitrate from my computer.

Other than that, I noted you could get the parts a little cheaper elsewhere but I prefer to buy from Amazon. I need my free 2-day shipping.

Edit: When I say streaming I mean from a local source (your computer), over your home network, not over the internet like 1channel or YouTube. 150N isn't enough to handle high bitrate content locally.
really? thats weird bro, im streaming 1080 from my computer as well and there is no buffer or lag at all.

maybe my modem is closer to my adapter and thats why i dont get any lag.

either way its good to have options. i went with the cheaper one just to try it out, when i seen that it worked well i kept it, if not i would have gone for the other one.

good to know we can all exchange ideas here

and good looks to my dude up there that put me on that transparency skin. sh*t is niiiiiiice.
 5 years ago '05        #258
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 bluedawgalex said:
really? thats weird bro, im streaming 1080 from my computer as well and there is no buffer or lag at all.

maybe my modem is closer to my adapter and thats why i dont get any lag.

either way its good to have options. i went with the cheaper one just to try it out, when i seen that it worked well i kept it, if not i would have gone for the other one.

good to know we can all exchange ideas here

and good looks to my dude up there that put me on that transparency skin. sh*t is niiiiiiice.
Yea it would buffer on certain movies. Not all, but the the ones with super high bitrates it would.
 5 years ago '06        #259
niceguy954 31 heat pts31
space
space
$5,371 | Props total: 135 135
 Y.G. said:
If you don't have one and want to display content in HD, yes. You can use composite cables instead though.

And yes, Amazon Prime is that deal.
maybe I am asking it wrong.

the HDMI goes to the TV not from raspberry pi to by computer right?

The wireless adapter is the device that connects my pi to my computer if thats that case

I'm all in

I just hope the HDMI is not the connection from my pi to my computer...
 5 years ago '05        #260
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 niceguy954 said:
maybe I am asking it wrong.

the HDMI goes to the TV not from raspberry pi to by computer right?

The wireless adapter is the device that connects my pi to my computer if thats that case

I'm all in

I just hope the HDMI is not the connection from my pi to my computer...
The HDMI cables goes from the Pi to the TV. The WiFi adapter connects the Pi to the router.
Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
136 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
166 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
150 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
128 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
111 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
165 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy