TV Streaming Boxes?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
21 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
75 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
40 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
76 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #221
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$10,397 | Props total: 0 0
 .Hafestos. said:
Got my Apple TV and set it up yesterday.

I have a bluetooth KB for my tablet and was able to use it to enter account info and search for movies on netflix.

Setup a Plex Media Server on my PC and was able to stream media to my iPhone and AirPlay it to my ATV. I only watched archer in 480P so not sure how it handles 720 yet (think this is the limitation of AirPlay), but overall was very impressed with the quality and sync of audio and video.

Still need to find a XBMC on my iPhone add on that works (since I have the ATV3, need to stream from my iPhone), Sports Devil keeps giving me an error "Error running SportsDevil", and NAVI-X is slow and unresponsive most the time, and barely any streams work.
So even though I really liked the aTV, I returned it for a few reasons. The biggest reason being no app store. Not being able to play pandora, watch amazon prime movies, etc wasnt working. AirPlay worked in most cases, but my girl has an android so she couldnt listen to pandora if I wasnt around.

I now copped a Roku 3, and man do I love this thing. I have my plex media server setup, and I added plugins that let me stream shows from ice-films, letmewatchthis, and 1channel. Need to find sports ones, like for first row now.

Games - only have angry birds space, and its pretty good. People told me its hard to play with the controller, but I havent had any issues at all with it halfway through the first world.

netflix and hulu work as expected. The wifi seems a little weaker than the aTV though, initially when setting up it wouldnt find my network unless I picked it up and moved it about 3 feet closer to the router. My router sucks though, after it connected it seemed fine. Had 1 issue with it not connecting so I power cycled it and it was fine after that.

A few other features that initially made me make the switch are universal search and the headphones. The universal search is awesome, knowing what you want to watch but not knowing where it is, is a problem I used to have which I would have to log into each service. Search not only aggregates all them, but shows prices as well, so I can rent a movie from blockbuster for less than vudu, or watch a tv show for free instead of paying 1.99 for it. The headphone in the remote feature is brilliant. My girl usually falls asleep before I do, and any noise bothers her. I used to watch videos on my kindle with headphones, but now I can watch on TV and she doesnt hear it. These features along with the channel store, and plex capabilities really helped make me decide to return the aTV and try the roku.

Last edited by .Hafestos.; 04-13-2013 at 07:24 AM..
 5 years ago '08        #222
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,359 | Props total: 273 273
ordered a pi, im excited as hell.

done alot of research and already got things downloaded and planned out. just waiting on it to be shipped.
 5 years ago '05        #223
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,657 | Props total: 13768 13768
 iPunish901 said:
ordered a pi, im excited as hell.

done alot of research and already got things downloaded and planned out. just waiting on it to be shipped.
Smart choice.
 04-14-2013, 12:32 PM         #224
surreyjack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why would anybody cop the atv3 over rpi? having to airplay sh*t is going to be such sh*tty quality.

I'm watching all s ports in HD for only $60/year...hahahaha fu*kYES. I also signed up for hulu plus and real-debrid. I got netflix, hulu plus, live sports in hd, spotify, 1 channel, PFTV, Icefims etc on my pi fu*k that $150 bill I used to get. I'm thinking of getting USTVNow it costs like $38/month and you can get live tv channels like fox, nbc, espn, tnt etc

Last edited by surreyjack; 04-14-2013 at 12:44 PM..
 04-14-2013, 12:36 PM         #225
surreyjack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if you got the RPi you can just download this image and itll install most of the goodies for you plus itll overclock your system

another tip is to use USB3.0 to run XBMC off of its way smoother than running it off of a sd card.
 5 years ago '04        #226
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,562 | Props total: 2835 2835
 surreyjack said:
why would anybody cop the atv3 over rpi? having to airplay sh*t is going to be such sh*tty quality.

I'm watching all s ports in HD for only $60/year...hahahaha fu*kYES. I also signed up for hulu plus and real-debrid. I got netflix, hulu plus, live sports in hd, spotify, 1 channel, PFTV, Icefims etc on my pi fu*k that $150 bill I used to get. I'm thinking of getting USTVNow it costs like $38/month and you can get live tv channels like fox, nbc, espn, tnt etc
what are you using for sports?
 04-14-2013, 11:49 PM         #227
surreyjack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 abstractq said:
what are you using for sports?
its invite only & they rarely open up invites
 5 years ago '04        #228
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
lol

that aint no kind of answer b. . .
 04-15-2013, 11:24 AM         #229
surreyjack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
PM me and ill let you know I dont want to post it for everybody to see
 5 years ago '06        #230
niceguy954 31 heat pts31
space
space
$5,371 | Props total: 135 135
 surreyjack said:

n*gga omg this sh*t is official!
 5 years ago '08        #231
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
got a dumb question for the rpi

i heard xbmc runs better from usb, can i put xbmc on my external hard drive and also grab my movies, shows, etc from it? or do i need 2 separate usbs?
 5 years ago '04        #232
KREW 25 heat pts25
space
space
$6,048 | Props total: 4840 4840
 iPunish901 said:
got a dumb question for the rpi

i heard xbmc runs better from usb, can i put xbmc on my external hard drive and also grab my movies, shows, etc from it? or do i need 2 separate usbs?
Nope, dont think so since the Pi can't really power up a external on its own supply. You would need to power the external on its own and also format it to place the image onto it. Just use a 1-4gb usb flash drive.
 04-17-2013, 06:18 PM         #233
surreyjack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Buy a USB Hub you can buy one for around $10-$15 and youll be able to run it off your HD imrunning mine off of a USB3.0
 5 years ago '08        #234
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
 KREW said:
Nope, dont think so since the Pi can't really power up a external on its own supply. You would need to power the external on its own and also format it to place the image onto it. Just use a 1-4gb usb flash drive.
 surreyjack said:
Buy a USB Hub you can buy one for around $10-$15 and youll be able to run it off your HD imrunning mine off of a USB3.0
yea i just ordered a usb hub from amazon for $14 a couple hours ago, read some reviews and ppl are using it for their pi. my pi should be here tomorrow or friday so im trying to make sure i have everything so i can set it all up with no problems. i figured i would need a hub, cause i gotta use the wifi dongle too.
 5 years ago '05        #235
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 iPunish901 said:
yea i just ordered a usb hub from amazon for $14 a couple hours ago, read some reviews and ppl are using it for their pi. my pi should be here tomorrow or friday so im trying to make sure i have everything so i can set it all up with no problems. i figured i would need a hub, cause i gotta use the wifi dongle too.
The Pi can power your WiFi adapter depending on which one you bought.
 5 years ago '04        #236
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
space
$55,750 | Props total: 13137 13137
ill pay someone to hook up a rasberry pi for me, i'm lazy
 5 years ago '05        #237
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 StuNNa said:
ill pay someone to hook up a rasberry pi for me, i'm lazy
PayPal me the mula. I'll hook you up nice breh.
 5 years ago '04        #238
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 niceguy954 said:
n*gga omg this sh*t is official!
USTVNOW is my sh*t. . .im about to sign up for the paid service

the picture quality for the live channels>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
 5 years ago '08        #239
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space

offically a pi stan
 5 years ago '07        #240
smj_724 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,474 | Props total: 710 710
Does it matter which usb hub I get?
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
74 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
84 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
27 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
141 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy