TV Streaming Boxes?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
119 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
62 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
102 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #181
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$26,644 | Props total: 2650 2650
 Y.G. said:
I'd run with the

It has bluetooth on top of none of the Wi-Fi issues that the UG802 has.
Is that Uhost 2 still king?

Was looking at this last night

I can't be messin with that Rasberry Pi sh*t so a mini PC is my best route. Don't care for quad core rly
 5 years ago '04        #182
KREW 25 heat pts25
space
space
$6,046 | Props total: 4839 4839
Gonna roll with the Pi until a stable Android set top box comes out.. This one looks pretty interesting though.. Big a.ss remote for gaming, multi-touch and qwerty keyboard..

5 years ago '05        #183
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,639 | Props total: 13716 13716
 ruff said:
Is that Uhost 2 still king?

Was looking at this last night

I can't be messin with that Rasberry Pi sh*t so a mini PC is my best route. Don't care for quad core rly
The Probox 2 / Uhost 2 is still the best Android mini PC by far. I sent mine back though... got a Raspberry Pi.

There was nothing wrong with the Probox / Uhost besides the WiFi not being able to stream 1080p movies steadily over my home network. Everything else on it was gravy. I only needed it to stream 1080p movies so I couldn't keep it. The Pi was pretty easy to setup. Easier then how most sites explain.
 5 years ago '04        #184
bluedawgalex 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,736 | Props total: 1640 1640
 Y.G. said:
The Probox 2 / Uhost 2 is still the best Android mini PC by far. I sent mine back though... got a Raspberry Pi.

There was nothing wrong with the Probox / Uhost besides the WiFi not being able to stream 1080p movies steadily over my home network. Everything else on it was gravy. I only needed it to stream 1080p movies so I couldn't keep it. The Pi was pretty easy to setup. Easier then how most sites explain.
 03-09-2013, 06:33 PM         #185
surreyjack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Why are people using android sticks for xbmc

What quality are the ESPN streams hd or nah?
 5 years ago '05        #186
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$10,397 | Props total: 0 0
After reading this whole thread I've come to the conclusion that Apple TV is the best. I really want a google TV box, but with YG changing his mind every other post, I'm not gonna take a risk on those he posted.

Got a buddy who will straight up sell my his Apple TV 2 for $100, trying to work him down though, but he knows he can get 200+ on ebay for it.
 03-19-2013, 01:08 PM         #187
Andhily 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This is probably the best Android XBMC box around

No contest really
 5 years ago '05        #188
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 .Hafestos. said:
After reading this whole thread I've come to the conclusion that Apple TV is the best. I really want a google TV box, but with YG changing his mind every other post, I'm not gonna take a risk on those he posted.

Got a buddy who will straight up sell my his Apple TV 2 for $100, trying to work him down though, but he knows he can get 200+ on ebay for it.

In all seriousness, the Probox / Uhost was great for an Android stick. It couldn't stream my 1080p movies from my computer though, which is why I needed it.

That being said, the Raspberry Pi is the truth. Cheap a.ss piece of sh*t streams all my 1080p movies over WiFi with no problems. The XBMC setup is just icing on the cake.
 5 years ago '05        #189
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$10,397 | Props total: 0 0
 Y.G. said:

In all seriousness, the Probox / Uhost was great for an Android stick. It couldn't stream my 1080p movies from my computer though, which is why I needed it.

That being said, the Raspberry Pi is the truth. Cheap a.ss piece of sh*t streams all my 1080p movies over WiFi with no problems. The XBMC setup is just icing on the cake.
Yea that would be my runner up, but Apple TV comes with a remote, a case, and does what I need. Raspberry pi will probably make its way into my life somehow
 5 years ago '04        #190
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,562 | Props total: 2834 2834
just got a raspberry pi yesterday

that sh*t running just as smooth as my apple tv so far

plus, the phone remote that you use with the pi is wayyyyyyy better than using that wack apple remote

typing in a search using that apple remote was so painful
 03-19-2013, 10:42 PM         #191
Andhily 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Can the Raspberry Pi actually stream XBMC from the device itself w/ something like 1channel or Icefilms or does it actually have to be something you have on your computer?
 5 years ago '05        #192
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Andhily said:
Can the Raspberry Pi actually stream XBMC from the device itself w/ something like 1channel or Icefilms or does it actually have to be something you have on your computer?
Not quite sure what you mean about "stream" itself but XBMC runs on the Raspberry Pi. I don't use 1channel or IceFilms but I have used SportsDevil and YouTube on it. Both work fine.
 03-20-2013, 12:51 AM         #193
Andhily 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I guess this has me confused:

"However, compared to other more powerful builds, there are some things the Pi does not do. It will not stream content from the internet (like Hulu), and you may experience stuttering with 1080p videos."

Ideally I'd like to buy a Raspberry Pi, install XBMC on it, and just leave it connected to my TV and use it strictly to stream 1channel/icefilms

Last edited by Andhily; 03-20-2013 at 12:54 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #194
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Andhily said:

"However, compared to other more powerful builds, there are some things the Pi does not do. It will not stream content from the internet (like Hulu), and you may experience stuttering with 1080p videos."

Ideally I'd like to buy a Raspberry Pi, install XBMC on it, and just leave it connected to my computer and use it strictly to stream 1channel/icefilms
It can do what you want it to do. It can't stream Netflix (that should be obvious though).

Edit: Seems you can stream Hulu

Last edited by Y.G.; 03-20-2013 at 01:05 AM..
 03-20-2013, 12:56 AM         #195
Andhily 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Y.G. said:
It can do what you want it to do. It can't stream Hulu or Netflix (that should be obvious though).
Yeah I know that. I just want to make sure that it can stream from the XBMC links themselves and that it doesn't have to be connected to a hard-drive or my computer and play videos on there.

If it does that then it's a total steal for $35
 5 years ago '05        #196
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Andhily said:
Yeah I know that. I just want to make sure that it can stream from the XBMC links themselves and that it doesn't have to be connected to a hard-drive or my computer and play videos on there.

If it does that then it's a total steal for $35
What are XBMC links? Are you talking about Add-ons? If you are, as I said before, the ones I tried worked and worked fine.

Be warned though, the Pi will cost more than $35 unless you have all the necessary accessories. Most of them are common though.
 5 years ago '04        #197
KREW 25 heat pts25
space
space
$6,046 | Props total: 4839 4839
^ This. Copped the Pi for $35, plus edimax wifi dongle ($10) and a compatible powered usb hub for my external hdd ($20). It cost me $65-70 bucks in total. I already had the HDMI cords and SD card. You can download Yatse to use your phone as a remote control but I use my HDTV remote.

5 years ago '05        #198
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 KREW said:
^ This. Copped the Pi for $35, plus edimax wifi dongle ($10) and a compatible powered usb hub for my external hdd ($20). It cost me $65-70 bucks in total. I already had the HDMI cords and SD card. You can download Yatse to use your phone as a remote control but I use my HDTV remote.

I copped the Edimax WiFi adapter too.

[pic - click to view]

I use my TV remote if my phone's on the charger, but otherwise I use the official XBMC Remote app.
 5 years ago '04        #199
bluedawgalex 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,736 | Props total: 1640 1640
 Andhily said:

Ideally I'd like to buy a Raspberry Pi, install XBMC on it, and just leave it connected to my TV and use it strictly to stream 1channel/icefilms
the 1080 stuttering is bulsh*t i just finished watchin full metal jacket in 1080 with no stutter at all

i got the pi runnin in my living room and everything from 1channel/icefilms/projecttv etc work fine.

Andhily said:

yes it does stream from the add-ons and an external hd
 5 years ago '11        #200
bd2eazy 38 heat pts38
space
space
$5,143 | Props total: 174 174
yo i run XBMC on my ipad.. what remote control options do i have?
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
88 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
75 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Final Bright Trailer: Will Smith Gets a Magic Wand
17 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago