TV Streaming Boxes?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
43 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
7 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
78 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
9 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #1
28375 pageviews
330 comments

Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
TV Streaming Boxes?

So I was browsing the electronics section at Wal-Mart today and say the Roku players. I've seen them multiple times, but never really looked into them. Dudes on here also talk about similar TV streaming boxes on here all the time (can't remember which one it is) what's the point? What makes these things worth the price?? What can you do with them??

330 comments for "TV Streaming Boxes?"

5 years ago '04        #2
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,562 | Props total: 2835 2835
you use them to stream netflixhulu and serve as a media server to get files off your computer

basically what I use my ps3 for

Roku's work pretty well
 5 years ago '11        #3
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209 OP
space
space
space
 abstractq said:
you use them to stream netflixhulu and serve as a media server to get files off your computer

basically what I use my ps3 for

Roku's work pretty well
So if you have a PS3 - or rather a 360 i guess - there's no point in having these things??
 5 years ago '05        #4
TaNk85 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,518 | Props total: 1 1
i got two ps3s one for online play, hulu, and netflix the other is for bootlegging!! anyways my living room tv has the hack ps3 and this is where my roku is. honestly i love it. works great. isnt perfect but it does the job.

recently i discovered this! you might wanna check it out
MINIX NEO X5

It basically a mini android pc. built in wifi, usb, hdmi and 16 Gb SSD. im thinking bout copping. oly $99 on newegg.com

5 years ago '12        #5
Prostyle 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,465 | Props total: 1012 1012
I got a Roku Box from Wal-Mart and canceled my cable the next month.

You can obviously stream Netflix, Hulu, etc, but the they also have a plethora of other channels, including NBA Leauge Pass/ESPN, and all major news outlets.
 5 years ago '05        #6
TaNk85 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,518 | Props total: 1 1
pretty good review

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #7
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209 OP
space
space
space
 TaNk85 said:
i got two ps3s one for online play, hulu, and netflix the other is for bootlegging!! anyways my living room tv has the hack ps3 and this is where my roku is. honestly i love it. works great. isnt perfect but it does the job.

recently i discovered this! you might wanna check it out
MINIX NEO X5

It basically a mini android pc. built in wifi, usb, hdmi and 16 Gb SSD. im thinking bout copping. oly $99 on newegg.com

Prostyle said:
I got a Roku Box from Wal-Mart and canceled my cable the next month.

You can obviously stream Netflix, Hulu, etc, but the they also have a plethora of other channels, including NBA Leauge Pass/ESPN, and all major news outlets.
Sounds interesting. Don't you need a cable sub for most of these channels though? I thought you needed to enter some password that's a.ssociated with your account or something.
 5 years ago '04        #8
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 Jesszman said:
So if you have a PS3 - or rather a 360 i guess - there's no point in having these things??
I have an Apple TV and it streams better than both my PS3 and 360. Plus if you own another apple device Airplay>
 5 years ago '06        #9
Honolulu Blue 32 heat pts32
space
space
$17,453 | Props total: 1099 1099
 Jesszman said:
Sounds interesting. Don't you need a cable sub for most of these channels though? I thought you needed to enter some password that's a.ssociated with your account or something.
You need a cable subscription for HBO Go and Showtime Anytime. You pay for subscription to Netflix and Hulu Plus. Cable is like $15 to $40 a month, really not worth canceling your cable for Netflix or Hulu IMO
 5 years ago '04        #10
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 Jesszman said:
well. . .the roku might stream things a bit better than the ps3

plus the ps3 is a bi*ch sometimes when you play pirated videos

but basically they do the same thing. The set top boxes are designed to turn your tv into a smart tv. The apple tv got a few neat extra features too, especially if you have a mac running mountain lion

What i want right now is a jailbroken apple tv. . .that would play all file types plus youd get the features like mirroring
 5 years ago '04        #11
KREW 25 heat pts25
space
space
$6,047 | Props total: 4839 4839
i got a wdtv live streaming player and hooked up a 1tb external hd to it. Plays all my shows and movies, in any format i throw at it. Roku 2 looks great but its limited with what types of video files it can play.
 5 years ago '06        #12
icestormiii 
space
space
$136 | Props total: 20 20
got the jailbroken apple tv with the western digital my book live.
 5 years ago '04        #13
bluedawgalex 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,736 | Props total: 1640 1640
get yourself a jailbroken apple tv 2

you'll be able to watch literally anything.

HD movies, tv shows, PPV's, sports literally anything and u can also play anything from your computer.

trust me sh*t is bananas.

i was jailbreaking and selling these on craigslist and ebay for a good minute but dont have much free time on my hands anymore so i stopped.

thank me later

5 years ago '04        #14
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
i was hoping they'd jailbreak the apple 3

them apple 2's run a good 200-250 on ebay

eff that
 5 years ago '05        #15
kkkid 177 heat pts177
space
space
$3,712 | Props total: 750 750
The Roku box is convenient, and basically puts many/most of the online streaming sites in one place, and all I have to do is click the remote. The fact that there are so many channels (free/private and premium) make this a nice addition and/or complement to what I already have been doing.....which is saying "fu*k you" to cable. I only pay 7.99 for Netflix and Hulu Plus each....don't pay for anything else except for internet. 99% of channels are free. And the number of channels are infinite since there are so many ways to access channels.

U can add channels via code (even pay ones) through the web page.

or google "roku channel codes"

Roku stream my files on my hard drive from my PC or mac
Want more control over the way files are appearing on your Roku? Then take a look at Roksbox, which utilizes a web server on your computer to access local media. Sounds complicated, but it’s actually really simple, especially if you’re on a Mac. Just open your System Preferences > Sharing and enable Web Sharing. Now install the private Roksbox channel on your Roku (channel code P1KWQ). Roksbox offers a bunch of additional features to organize your media and display additional information about your videos and music files — so if you’re a serious data hoarder, take a look at this one.

Lots of pr0n channels like pronhub,xhamster,...There are a ton of Private pr0n channels.

And research playon for roku

55 cable channels including hbo go
 5 years ago '04        #16
bluedawgalex 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,736 | Props total: 1640 1640
 abstractq said:
i was hoping they'd jailbreak the apple 3

them apple 2's run a good 200-250 on ebay

eff that
u gotta look for good deals, trust me they out there, which is a good price considering u wont pay for anything else. it basically pays for itself

i never paid more than 150 for any of mine.

another way i tried doing it was buying apple tv 3's in bulk $50-$60 and trading them for apple tv 2's on craigslist

sh*t was so easy. so many people out there that dont know about jailbreak and thought they wer coming up on a "upgrade"
 01-20-2013, 02:33 PM         #17
Shakezula714 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
heard that boxee is a viable box streaming box too
 5 years ago '06        #18
icestormiii 
space
space
$136 | Props total: 20 20
 bluedawgalex said:
get yourself a jailbroken apple tv 2

you'll be able to watch literally anything.

HD movies, tv shows, PPV's, sports literally anything and u can also play anything from your computer.

trust me sh*t is bananas.

i was jailbreaking and selling these on craigslist and ebay for a good minute but dont have much free time on my hands anymore so i stopped.

thank me later

what plugins do you have?
 5 years ago '07        #19
smj_724 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,474 | Props total: 710 710
Ok so i was just thinking the other day about how i need to cancel my cable because I only watch like 5 channels anyway. Im either on netflix or watching movies and TV shows that i download onto my portable hard drive. So if i get one of these Roku boxes or Jailbreak the apple tv 2 will i be able to watch espn,nfl network,nba tv???? If i can get rid of my cable Im all for it.
 5 years ago '04        #20
Scoop24 15 heat pts15
space
space
$6,795 | Props total: 1368 1368
Use my Apple TV to stream bluray movies I get from IP.
Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
138 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
166 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
150 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
165 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
128 comments
2 days ago