Joakim Noah calls out Kevin Garnett

most viewed right now
Article inside So we gon act like Clipse manager didnt get 32 years for that Whitney?
25 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Pusha T tweets about “duppy freestyle”
164 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Spoke Way Too Soon
105 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside BREAKING - Chi Wire: MUBU Krump (The ScoreKeeper) DEAD !
33 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #1
8663 pageviews
84 comments

Jiraiya 132 heat pts132
space
space
space
$11,795 | Props total: 1903 1903
Joakim Noah calls out Kevin Garnett

BOSTON -- Boston Celtics forward Kevin Garnett is still a dirty player, according to Chicago Bulls center Joakim Noah.

Noah, who scored 14 points and pulled down 13 rebounds in the Bulls' 100-99 overtime win over the Celtics on Friday night, acknowledged that Garnett is still throwing "elbows" and "cheap shots" toward him during games. The pair were called for double technicals in the fourth quarter and were tangled up most of the night.

When asked how he held Garnett to just 5-of-16 shooting from the field, Noah took the opportunity to remind everyone that he believes Garnett has questionable tactics.

"(I was) just playing defense," Noah said. "Just playing sound defense, just contesting his shots. He's a helluva competitor. He's always on some bulls---. Always on some bulls---."

Noah was asked for clarification of what Garnett was doing that upset him.

"Just trying to throw elbows," Noah said of Garnett. "Cheap shots, just trying to get you off your game. But he's a vet. He's been doing this a long time, but it's all right."

This isn't the first time Noah has called out Garnett publicly. During the 2010 Eastern Conference playoffs, Noah, who was busy trying to f!ght off LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers, went out of his way to discuss Garnett.

"He's a dirty player, man," Noah said at the time. "He's a dirty player. That's messed up, man ... I'm hurting right now because of an elbow he threw. It's unbelievable. He's a dirty player. It's one thing to be competitive and compete and all that, but don't be a dirty player. He's a dirty player."

Noah didn't exactly back off of those comments late Friday night. When asked if he still thought Garnett was a dirty player, Noah admitted that he probably shouldn't have made his feelings public but he didn't deny that he felt the same way.

"I feel like I was young, maybe talking a little bit too much," Noah said. "What happens on the court should stay on the court. I was pretty vocal about it, but at the end of the day, the only thing that matters is winning or losing basketball games. You don't have to like your opponents, it's all right. At the end of the day, the only thing I'm worried about is this team and I think that he's the same way with Boston. He's worried about his team and getting them going.

"I'm just happy that we beat them twice, they beat us once. It was a great game tonight. We fought hard, and the Bulls are on the way up. We're not even playing with our MVP. I know he's hungry to get back; it's all positive." image

Noah, who stated in a 2010 interview with ESPN Chicago's "Waddle and Silvy" that Garnett was "mean ... and ugly," especially to foreign players, was asked if he felt Garnett ever crossed the line. image

"Nah," he said. "When we lose, I feel like he crosses the line. But since we've been beating their a.sses, I'm cool with it."

Despite his comments, there is still some level of respect between both men. Noah has admitted in the past that he was a fan of Garnett's while he was growing up and even had Garnett's poster in his room.

Prior to the game, Garnett talked about the solid season Noah is having -- but it's obvious they will never see eye-to-eye, and Noah understands that.

"He wants to win and I want to win," Noah said. "I don't think it will ever be cool (between us)."

[pic - click to view]

http://espn.go.com/chicag .. s-dirty-player'

On a somewhat related note, KG didn't deserve that spot in the All star lineup. He is def not the best Center in the East. TyChan deserved that. Fans dumb as hell.

Last edited by Jiraiya; 01-19-2013 at 01:04 PM..

84 comments for "Joakim Noah calls out Kevin Garnett"

5 years ago '05        #2
Stuart Scott 207 heat pts207
space
space
$25,782 | Props total: 21713 21713
Lmaooooooo
 5 years ago '08        #3
bkid 137 heat pts137
space
space
$9,709 | Props total: 5956 5956
this n*gga always cryin bout KG

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #4
Jiraiya 132 heat pts132 OP
space
space
space
 bkid said:
this n*gga always cryin bout KG

[pic - click to view]

You ain't lyin

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #5
space
space
space
And my personal fave

[video - click to view]

01-19-2013, 01:10 PM         #6
luker1920 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jiraiya said:

'

On a somewhat related note, KG didn't deserve that spot in the All star lineup. He is def not the best Center in the East. TyChan deserved that. Fans dumb as hell.
what does Tyson do besides put back dunks and alley oops and being the only good defender that gets minutes?

Garnett even at his age is better than Tyson...fu*k outta here
 5 years ago '07        #7
space
space
space
 luker1920 said:
what does Tyson do besides put back dunks and alley oops and being the only good defender that gets minutes?

Garnett even at his age is better than Tyson...fu*k outta here
 01-19-2013, 01:13 PM         #8
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"Black and red jordan 1's, yea im on my BULLsh*t..."
 5 years ago '08        #9
bkid 137 heat pts137
space
space
$9,709 | Props total: 5956 5956
didn't this n*gga have a Ganett poster in his room when he was a teenager? now n*gga all hurt and sh*t... remind me of my bi*ch
 5 years ago '04        #10
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
 bkid said:
didn't this n*gga have a Ganett poster in his room when he was a teenager? now n*gga all hurt and sh*t... remind me of my bi*ch
Him being a teenager and having a poster of Garnett is irrelevant to him playing on the court against him. That was the past. That has NOTHING to do with what's going on now...
 5 years ago '04        #11
ATLDOPEBOI30 74 heat pts74
space
space
$33,378 | Props total: 7014 7014
nobody likes that n*gga
 5 years ago '07        #12
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,334 | Props total: 447 447
He's so soft
 5 years ago '12        #13
PseuDEEnym 4 heat pts
space
space
$3,137 | Props total: 2776 2776
 bkid said:
I believe KG was his fav player growing up.
 01-19-2013, 01:39 PM         #14
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bkid said:
good ole case of 'never meet your heroes'
 5 years ago '11        #15
X_WunderKind_X 909 heat pts909
space
space
$44,182 | Props total: 23457 23457
jirayia, tyson my n*gga but I couldnt put him above noah for an all star bid.... that's just me tho
 5 years ago '04        #16
tommymm96 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,512 | Props total: 6 6
this fairy gets progressively more angry. Starts by saying he's a 'helluva competitor' then he throws elbows but doesn't cross the line, keeps progressing till he says he's dirty.

This dude should be mad at his parents for making him the ugliest trainwreck on the planet

Last edited by tommymm96; 01-19-2013 at 02:04 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #17
space
space
space
 X_WunderKind_X said:
jirayia, tyson my n*gga but I couldnt put him above noah for an all star bid.... that's just me tho

I'm just in denial...
 5 years ago '08        #18
Illuminati 249 heat pts249
space
space
$40,547 | Props total: 12998 12998
Noah >>>
 5 years ago '06        #19
Trap$tar 8 heat pts
space
space
$12,263 | Props total: 3845 3845
My front runner for DPOY. That's my Center.

I still like KG though. But that n*gga needs to stop throwing elbows.
 5 years ago '12        #20
sigNN 14 heat pts14
space
space
$7,040 | Props total: 4061 4061
 Illuminati said:
Noah >>>
nobody gives a fu*k what a raptors fan gotta say
Home      

most viewed right now
yall seen this bi-ch fu-king yet? my word!
54 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Compton THUGS starring Kevin Hart & Mike Epps 🤣🤣㊃..
20 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
FAMILY GUY Ă— "Peter Becomes A Millennial"
45 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
I will marry this woman for real.
136 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Quick way to sum up that Detroit game.
53 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Jay Z Sued For Misusing RocNation Logo He Does Not Own
15 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside May 24 - Millennials born in 1980s may never recover from the Great Re..
75 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Guaranteed method to overcome laziness
40 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy