Kobe Says If He Didnít Play With Shaq, Heíd Have More MVPs & Numbers Would Be Ridiculous

most viewed right now
 NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
30 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatumís stats for the month of December so far
39 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
197 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #61
assanlb 
space
space
$851 | Props total: 56 56
 DEDOS said:
and less rings

MVP's over shaq and Duncan... without Shaq you missed the playofffs and was acouple games from missing the playoffs in the #7 seed.... wasnt until you got 2 all star bigs again that u started winning

your one league mvp is a lifetime achievement award smh
Exactly
 5 years ago '10        #62
BEASTMODE863 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,171 | Props total: 299 299
i usually dont agree with this Kobe says but he did get hosed in 2005-06, taking the Lakers, namely Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, Luke Walton, & a wildly inconsistent Lamar Odom to the playoffs & taking the Suns to 7 before finally losing. 81 points, 62 in 3 quarters, 45 or more in 4 straight games, 27 40 point games, Lakers single season record in scoring 2,832 points. averaged 35 for the season. an 11 win improvement from the previous season in the ultra competitive West. how he didnt win the MVP over Nash that year is beyond me. 1 more MVP tops Bean, idk about the rings, but he woulda had scored alot more than what he did during the Shaq years.
 01-19-2013, 10:21 AM         #63
eddieopelousas  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
kobe is a real dumb a.ss! ENOUGH SAID!!!!!!!!!!
 01-19-2013, 10:28 AM         #64
eddieopelousas  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BEASTMODE863 said:
i usually dont agree with this Kobe says but he did get hosed in 2005-06, taking the Lakers, namely Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, Luke Walton, & a wildly inconsistent Lamar Odom to the playoffs & taking the Suns to 7 before finally losing. 81 points, 62 in 3 quarters, 45 or more in 4 straight games, 27 40 point games, Lakers single season record in scoring 2,832 points. averaged 35 for the season. an 11 win improvement from the previous season in the ultra competitive West. how he didnt win the MVP over Nash that year is beyond me. 1 more MVP tops Bean, idk about the rings, but he woulda had scored alot more than what he did during the Shaq years.
Maybe ur right about all what u said, but what happened to THE OTHER part of basketball, a.ssists? Kobe hating on Shaq because he is a ball hog and an attention junkie! He loves the spotlight and with Shaq he had to share the spotlight. The reason he makes such statements now is just to stay relevant. Oh and by the way, when playing with an arrogant ball hogging idiot, its hard to get into any kind of groove and be consistent. Thats why no one ever stayed with the Lakers since the Magic era. Ever since Kobe came thru that teams roster changed constantly!
 5 years ago '12        #65
diggins1272 
space
space
space
$558 | Props total: 2 2
Based on some dudes comments in this thread they sound really mad why?
 5 years ago '12        #66
diggins1272 
space
space
space
$558 | Props total: 2 2
 rawchester said:
it's threads like these that make me remember why i dont post in here. Y'all say Kobe has no rings without Shaq, well guess what. Shaq has less rings without kobe
[pic - click to view]

Kobe won 2 rings with gasol (winless in all his playoff appearances with 50+ win teams)> and you say he couldnt win without shaq. Then you have guys like Lamar Odom, who are on record as saying Kobe is the best thing/player that they have ever been around/seen.

People also act like its an easy thing to come onto a team with 4 all stars as a TEENAGER and state your claim! He had to beat out 3x all star Eddie Jones just to get a shot! and i wont talk about Eddie Jones cus most clowns on this board probably never saw him play in his prime. The same Eddie jones that was dunkin on dudes from damn near the FT line IN GAME!

Take into account that Jerry West traded a proven centre in Vlade Divac, for a high school 2 guard! Go look up Vlade's states and accomplishments. yea, that type of trade happens now-a-days! lol.

hate on Kobe all you want but the fact remains that he has outlasted all his peers, at a much higher level, from the 96' draft (AI, Ray Allen, marbury, Camby, Abdur Rahim, nash etc..) in probably the deepest draft of all time. Has 5 rings to show and the man is having one of his best seasons ever.
I cant front well said arguement
 5 years ago '10        #67
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,148 | Props total: 8130 8130
Ok so 4 pages of n*ggas really thinking Kobe would have more MVPs

A lot of hypothetical arguments but lets be real. Without Shaq, Kobe's career would resemble Paul Pierce's.

First of all, If you know basketball, you know that the MVP award for the last 10-15 years goes to the best player on one of the "best" teams in the NBA. Its like 9 out of the last 12 or so MVPs came from the #1 team in their conference, the rest came from the #2 team. So you telling me in the west with Tim Duncan, KG, Sac-Town, Phoenix and Portland, that Laker team without Shaquille O'Neal was gonna finish 1st or 2nd with Kobe as the leader?

Secondly, Kobe benefits from playing with bigs. Look at his history, he NEEDS a big man to win. He can score 81 with the B team out there, but they can't make the playoffs or get out the first round. Kobe would have been waiting for a guy like KG or Chris Webber to come to LA to help him carry the load a la Pau Gasol trade.

And lastly, during the time frame he's talking about, you could have taken Vince, AI, T-Mac or Grant Hill (before the injuries) and switch them with Kobe and had the same results. The only big man that could replace Shaq was Tim Duncan.

Kobe's running a campaign to try to get people to think he'd be better than Lebron. I'm not buying it.
 5 years ago '04        #68
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,365 | Props total: 6377 6377
 Trap$tar said:
It also depends on where he is playing. We all know Lakers get gifted players so his career would look a lot like LeBron's. Start your career with the Hornets, have crazy a.ss stats, then leave and join another superstar is what would of happened.
maybe. but shaq signed the lakers after the draft...or am i wrong here? they could known before the draft that he was coming who knows
 5 years ago '12        #69
sOurxd i e s e 16 heat pts16
space
space
$3,944 | Props total: 5129 5129
 Neo22 said:
At least he didn't leave to another superstars team, kobe said he wanted too but didn't...actions speak louder than words
Only reason kobe didn't leave is because the Bulls didn't want to give up Deng...

Kobe was READY to bounce fu*k outta here.
 5 years ago '04        #70
Mercury 
space
space
$2,583 | Props total: 1422 1422
 rawchester said:
it's threads like these that make me remember why i dont post in here. Y'all say Kobe has no rings without Shaq, well guess what. Shaq has less rings without kobe
[pic - click to view]

Kobe won 2 rings with gasol (winless in all his playoff appearances with 50+ win teams)> and you say he couldnt win without shaq. Then you have guys like Lamar Odom, who are on record as saying Kobe is the best thing/player that they have ever been around/seen.

People also act like its an easy thing to come onto a team with 4 all stars as a TEENAGER and state your claim! He had to beat out 3x all star Eddie Jones just to get a shot! and i wont talk about Eddie Jones cus most clowns on this board probably never saw him play in his prime. The same Eddie jones that was dunkin on dudes from damn near the FT line IN GAME!

Take into account that Jerry West traded a proven centre in Vlade Divac, for a high school 2 guard! Go look up Vlade's states and accomplishments. yea, that type of trade happens now-a-days! lol.

hate on Kobe all you want but the fact remains that he has outlasted all his peers, at a much higher level, from the 96' draft (AI, Ray Allen, marbury, Camby, Abdur Rahim, nash etc..) in probably the deepest draft of all time. Has 5 rings to show and the man is having one of his best seasons ever.
Close thread. All other posts that followed this=irrelevant
 5 years ago '08        #71
DJFatal_EC 
space
space
$45 | Props total: 6 6
Why do he still think he can win without a team? That's like Mike saying he didn't need Pippen, Rodman, Paxton, Kerr, Grant, etc to win the rings he did. Yea you can score 80 points and win a game but unless he's superman he cant do it every night, wont be surprised if Howard and Nash leave the Lakers.
 5 years ago '09        #72
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,404 | Props total: 12338 12338
In other news Smush Parker was just waived by a team overseas.
 5 years ago '04        #73
Young Fab 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,517 | Props total: 6190 6190
I wonder what Kobe's career woulda been like if he had to stay on New Orleans his first 7 or 8 years. I doubt he woulda played with either Shaq OR Gasol nor would he have been coached by Phil, so its not a stretch to say he wouldn't have any rings and he'd be just another Vince or T-Mac. I dare any of u n*ggas to dispute that. Dude is the most fortunate player in the history of the league
 5 years ago '07        #74
Pass The Dutchi 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,115 | Props total: 1360 1360
 Young Fab said:
I wonder what Kobe's career woulda been like if he had to stay on New Orleans his first 7 or 8 years. I doubt he woulda played with either Shaq OR Gasol nor would he have been coached by Phil, so its not a stretch to say he wouldn't have any rings and he'd be just another Vince or T-Mac. I dare any of u n*ggas to dispute that. Dude is the most fortunate player in the history of the league
Real talk.

This bi*chmade Hoebe sucked n*ggas d!ck for Trukfit his entire career and has the nerve to start poppin off at the mouth now that his career is near the end.

I honestly hope Nash and Howard smarten up and get out of LA after they don't make the playoffs this year.
 5 years ago '04        #75
nwking 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,091 | Props total: 1252 1252
YOu dont get to be in the conversation as the G.O.A.T. if YOU have no fu*kING RINGS!!! period!!!! I love Kobe but he is crazy for saying that
 5 years ago '10        #76
mixtapelive 271 heat pts271
space
space
space
$3,398 | Props total: 2465 2465
 The Bully said:
kobe's without shaq = kevin martin on the kings

loser on a sh*tty team that does absolutely nothing but score
lmao ignorance at it's finest right here.. oh man
 5 years ago '12        #77
Julian 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,684 | Props total: 2302 2302
How many rings Shaq have before Kobe? How about Gasol?

Lakers- was laughed at for getting Gasol, How kobe going to win with a soft player?. Soon as he won Gasol somehow become the master player that Kobe never won without.

Mamba- was suppose to win Zero rings without Shaq, now the haters making one sided excuses. Shaq jumped on Wades d!ck to win and no one says anything and tried the same thing with LBJ then failed but Kobe get hated for players jumping on HIS team to win?

Phil- So what kobe never won without Phil, how many Jordan win without Phil?. Mamba wanted a trade? And? Jordan didn't even want Phil and threw a Hissy fit when they got him. One sided excuses

As Lakers fan we dealt with all this for year so like its been said before.

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #78
MiseryCityTexas 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$20,601 | Props total: 4206 4206
i agree. he would be like a penny hardaway type player, on a much higher level on a losing team.
 01-19-2013, 08:52 PM         #79
NeoDaMatrix  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rawchester said:
[pic - click to view]

bumping for pure ether, this n*gga brought the facts not the fu*king stats

Prostyle said:
Is he lying?

Hop off Shaq's sack and look at the facts.

Year Team GP GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% RPG APG SPG BPG PPG
1999–00† L.A. Lakers 66 62 38.2 .468 .319.821 6.3 4.9 1.6 .9 22.5
2000–01† L.A. Lakers 68 68 40.9 .464 .305 .853 5.9 5.0 1.7 .6 28.5
2001–02† L.A. Lakers 80 80 38.3 .469 .250 .829 5.5 5.5 1.5 .4 25.2
2002–03 L.A. Lakers 82 82 41.5 .451 .383 .843 6.9 5.9 2.2 .8 30.0
Those were definitely MVP years, but playing with Shaq over shadowed it all.

It's not like the n*gga said, "I could've won ships without Diesel''
He's just saying he was coming into his own as belonging in a conversation with a Jordan, but Shaq over shadowed it.

n*ggas act like mamba bein arrogant. hes just stating the fu*king obvious, and it went way ova yall heads

Last edited by NeoDaMatrix; 01-19-2013 at 08:55 PM..
 5 years ago '08        #80
slimdogg3325 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,871 | Props total: 719 719
 NeoDaMatrix said:
bumping for pure ether, this n*gga brought the facts not the fu*king stats

n*ggas act like mamba bein arrogont. hes just stating the fu*king obvious, and it went way ova yall heads
na it didnt. these n*ggas just thoroughbread haters
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
27 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
278 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
132 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
56 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
43 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
50 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy