News + Discussions relating to race (no racism)

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
109 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
51 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
82 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 3 years ago '06        #1141
Jhnnyblz427 174 heat pts174
space
space
$35,179 | Props total: 18017 18017
 3 years ago '06        #1142
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,036 | Props total: 18800 18800

[pic - click to view]

African Americans in Minneapolis are dramatically more likely to be arrested for low-level offenses including marijuana possession, “disorderly conduct,” and vagrancy — and those disparities start young.

A new report from the American Civil Liberties Union of Minneapolis found that black juveniles were more than 16.3 times more likely to be arrested for truancy and curfew charges than white juveniles between 2004 and 2012. This figure mirrors disproportionate rates of suspension and other in-school discipline of blacks in the city — a problem the city is moving to address after recent federal intervention.

Criminalizing low-level juvenile behavior in or around school that amounts to disciplinary violations is what is known as the school-to-prison pipeline, and the notion of the phenomenon is that disproportionately minority children are funneled out of the classroom and introduced instead to the criminal justice system, whether through negative police interactions, arrests, and even frequent detention. This has been found to translate to an increase in negative interaction with the police later in life.

And the statistics in Minneapolis bear that out. African Americans in Minneapolis are 11.5 times more likely to be arrested for pot possession than whites in the city. This disparity is among the highest recorded by the ACLU, which gathered national data on marijuana arrests last year. Nationally, blacks are four times more likely to be arrested for marijuana than whites, even though they use pot at about the same rate. And in some places that disparity is dramatically higher. This disparity has increasingly become a driving force for marijuana reform laws, particularly in Washington, D.C., where the ACLU found blacks were 8 times more likely than whites to be arrested for pot.

[pic - click to view]

The ACLU also notes that the FBI does not report arrest rates for Latinos, meaning the ACLU could not measure disparities for Latinos, and that rate for whites is likely inflated.

Blacks are also 8.86 times more likely than whites to be arrested for disorderly conduct, a catch-all offense that can be used to criminalize a broad range of behavior. And blacks are 7.54 times more likely to be arrested for vagrancy, an offense that is typically a.ssociated with homelessness. These are the sorts of offenses that are typically part of a notion of policing known as “broken windows” in which police target minor offenses with the aim of thwarting more significant crime. The problem with broken windows policing is that many of these low-level offenses don’t pose much danger in and of themselves, particularly relative to the danger of police contact, and the potential unfairness of arbitrary enforcement of these offenses.

The ACLU’s study covers the period between 2004 and 2012, and the disparity in several of these categories dropped over the ast several years of the analysis. Still, the disparity between black and white arrests for disorderly conduct was just as great as it had ever been in 2012. And blacks were still almost 7 times as likely to be arrested for marijuana in 2012.
 3 years ago '06        #1143
4cornerspt.2 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,411 | Props total: 8 8
I mean dude was bullsh*tting with that knife though,n*gga should have just got on the damn ground,he had plenty time to comply but he wanted to play around and sh*t...
 3 years ago '04        #1144
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,132 | Props total: 9434 9434
 4cornerspt.2 said:
I mean dude was bullsh*tting with that knife though,n*gga should have just got on the damn ground,he had plenty time to comply but he wanted to play around and sh*t...
It's different when someone has mental issues.

I mean there were 8 mufukahs there. Not one of them had a stun gun? Why they always gotta use lethal means first? I know they're all pus*y and scared to get cut, but seriously, pepper spray, taze, something man. sh*t isn't cool.
 3 years ago '04        #1145
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,870 | Props total: 1905 1905
 4cornerspt.2 said:
I'm fu*k the police all day everyday. But sometimes you gotta listen to their demands. It could save your life
 3 years ago '14        #1146
Sphynx 150 heat pts150
space
space
$5,173 | Props total: 7327 7327
 lb99 said:
i don't call successful n*ggas cornballs. most people i know don't either. there are some dumb n*ggas who do tho. every black person aint got that dumb n*gga mentality but there are too many that do. you cant put that sh*t on all black people.
not all black people champion that dumb sh*t. just like not all white people support the dumb sh*t that some white people do. over-generalization is a mufukka.
who defines drug dealing, k!lling and scamming as "real n*gga" traits besides dumb n*ggas? not the average intelligent black person.
i didn't say i don't understand why progress isn't made. i commented on how we got to this state. some of these reasons i listed are why we are some of the reasons why we are still in a fu*ked up position. personal accountability is another (huge) one of those reasons. i understand that it is on us to do better and we can't do better doing the dumb sh*t that too many of us do. but you can't deny that all that sh*t i listed is true either. its two sides to the coin.
I applaud this response
 3 years ago '09        #1147
420Sosa 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,337 | Props total: 922 922
fu*k those cowards and the cowards agreeing and seeing the victim in the wrong. I want war
 3 years ago '14        #1148
Mutant Boy 110 heat pts110
space
space
$21,931 | Props total: 10412 10412
Didn't read
 3 years ago '12        #1149
Kwestluv91 211 heat pts211
space
space
$7,756 | Props total: 6707 6707
while a knife can be seen as a legitimate threat, using lethal force should be a last resort. many police officers come from a military background and are trained in hand to hand combat, and could very easily disarm someone carrying a pen knife, or even a handgun. the man had mental problems, and in situations like this, while its not possible to find out if he has anything immediately, i would a.ssume that is a major factor to anyone who is not listening to what 8 police officers say
 3 years ago '09        #1150
420Sosa 4 heat pts
space
space
space
Even a pus*y n*gga got more heart than a pig and that's saying something.
 3 years ago '09        #1151
420Sosa 4 heat pts
space
space
space
 lb99 said:
violence is part of american culture. its not specific to blacks. our military has always been mostly white and they have k!lled up a lotta sh*t.
we do k!ll each other too fukkin much but its not all black people who participate in this nonsense. just the dumb mufukas. most black people work and are not depending on the system. and there are PLENTY of white folks who get a.ssistance.
lets ignore when and how black folks got to this sorry a.ss state that a lot (not all) of us are in. it aint like anybody ever plotted on us or passed laws against our well being or helped ship cocaine in our neighborhoods, or k!lled any leaders who truly tried to help, or infiltrate our positive organizations and dismantle the sh*t from the inside, or set up school systems that give our kids disadvantages from kindergarten through graduation, or tell us the way we talk, walk, look and our very existence is wrong. or lock us up disproportionately and ruin our families. or deny us gainful employment because of prejudice. or brainwash us into believing that white jesus would fix all our problems if we "just let go and let god". or help promote bullsh*t and ignorance by selling the gangsta lifestyle to our youth through entertainment. naw they never destroyed the black family structure by selling families to different masters or denying blacks the right marry and care for their children properly during their forced servitude.
@ that response and the others you responded too. Felt like I was reading @ words, props bruh!
 3 years ago '04        #1152
ddash 1 heat pts
space
space
$22,968 | Props total: 3459 3459
 Afrocentric said:
So you can acknowledge the negative but completely ignore the positive? Whats the point in that? Why do the stereotypical outlooks stick to us but the positive factors of our entire society get overlooked? I promise you these days it's more black people like you holding us back then any other demographic. Agree to disagree sure you do.
SMH and SMH.Be delusional and dont blame the actual people holding you back if you want to.

College and graduate rates rising is a great thing 100% but that shouldve been happening.Dont act like it aint more n*ggas fu*king it up for us than good dudes trying to progress in life.

My whole point was it shouldve have never got this bad.
 3 years ago '04        #1153
ddash 1 heat pts
space
space
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
It's different when someone has mental issues.

I mean there were 8 mufukahs there. Not one of them had a stun gun? Why they always gotta use lethal means first? I know they're all pus*y and scared to get cut, but seriously, pepper spray, taze, something man. sh*t isn't cool.
Yea its like guns has replaced all other devices first

fu*ked up.
 3 years ago '04        #1154
ddash 1 heat pts
space
space
 Afrocentric said:
Should've been happening? There are 40 million plus blacks in America. You want to push that bullsh*t out look that a majority of blacks are embracing this "thug culture" when you have no real proof. Not one member of my entire family is a "thug". Sure some have made mistakes, but just like everyone else in the world they had to find their own way. Most blacks are hardworking individual who may like hip-hop, but don't aspire to kingpins or gang bangers. For example I work at the number 3 drug distribution company in the world. And the amount of blacks who work at my branch location make up about 95% of the population. That's easily 6-700 of black men and woman who are highly intelligent and who are striving for something more. The amount of bums or cats that I know who are just intent on being a bum or menace to society I can count on one hand. This is fact. To say that you honestly believe that most black people are out selling drugs, living on welfare, and or gangbanging, lets me know you don't know to many blacks at all. This is even more evident at the realization that you base your belief system on popular mainstream depictions of the black race.
Nah been black all my life and raised around 95% black folks all my life.But nah I never said that most blacks are on welfare or thugs or gangbanging but my thing is we shouldve never been wrapped up in that culture or fell for the traps set for us.

Congrats on that job and maybe you are right and I am just focusing on the youth/folks around me and not the bigger picture.I just wish the image of us wasnt so negative.

props tho fam.
 3 years ago '13        #1155
yourlifeisalie 
space
space
$7,349 | Props total: 3119 3119
Damn. cops are fu*king animals.
 3 years ago '10        #1156
acegutta22 199 heat pts199
space
space
$8,324 | Props total: 5437 5437
I grew up in the twin Cities and it a great place but the school system and the police are racist as hell
 3 years ago '10        #1157
ElevateOne 59 heat pts59
space
space
$1,550 | Props total: 1458 1458
fu*k the police
 3 years ago '13        #1158
lb99 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,706 | Props total: 2082 2082
 Afrocentric said:
Only because it goes along with your wack a.ss out look. Everybody wants blacks to work harder despite the obstacles that are put in front of them, instead of demanding that those who put those obstacles there. TO STOP fu*kING DOING IT. Self Accountability goes both ways. But keep pushing that self hating mentality. If you honestly believe that changing who we are a race will bring more whites into our favor, then you don't understand racism at all.
i really aint want that weak a.ss n*ggas applause. he just singled out the part that fit that punk a.ss sh*t he always talkin and he will continue to deny the other sh*t bout all the bullsh*t thats been intentionally thrown at us
 3 years ago '14        #1159
Sphynx 150 heat pts150
space
space
 Afrocentric said:
Only because it goes along with your wack a.ss out look. Everybody wants blacks to work harder despite the obstacles that are put in front of them, instead of demanding that those who put those obstacles there. TO STOP fu*kING DOING IT. Self Accountability goes both ways. But keep pushing that self hating mentality. If you honestly believe that changing who we are a race will bring more whites into our favor, then you don't understand racism at all.
What are you even talking about?

Where did I say anything about the "favor" or acceptance of "whites"?

How does self/community-betterment = looking for white approval?

You're an idiot
 3 years ago '14        #1160
Sphynx 150 heat pts150
space
space
 lb99 said:
i really aint want that weak a.ss n*ggas applause. he just singled out the part that fit that punk a.ss sh*t he always talkin and he will continue to deny the other sh*t bout all the bullsh*t thats been intentionally thrown at us
Too late. As much as you hate to admit we have partially similar views. Accept it
Home         

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
130 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
26 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
297 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
178 comments
1 day ago