News + Discussions relating to race (no racism)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
96 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
99 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
78 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 3 years ago '11        #1021
Sin 1259 heat pts1259
space
space
$18,398 | Props total: 39150 39150
I'm not even mad rents expensive I'd probably say the same thing

:bronlol:
 3 years ago '13        #1022
pierredaire 
space
space
$2,571 | Props total: 1152 1152
 Ivorypillars said:

Money makes people abandon their morals and principles. I'm shocked.

Very, very predictable responses from this "experiment". If you expected different you just dont know people or human nature very well.

You have any idea how bad cali rent is? Most people would put up with damn near anything for 400$ a month.

It was a deal but it wasn't for a whole apt, just single room
 3 years ago '04        #1023
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,352 | Props total: 11554 11554
 HOAXone said:
So what was the point of this fable he told? Cos in his story the robber took no money? Did he think he would get a promotion and a town parade?

What a way to go out...out like a sucka
exactly
 3 years ago '14        #1024
Ivorypillars 16 heat pts16
space
space
$8,477 | Props total: 15125 15125
 pierredaire said:
It was a deal but it wasn't for a whole apt, just single room

I know
 3 years ago '14        #1025
Aries 74 heat pts74
space
space
$9,078 | Props total: 18376 18376
This guy was like:

if I lie about getting robbed they'll think im a hero and stop making fun of me
 3 years ago '06        #1026
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
 Boston9084 said:

That chart can't even count to 100.

Well it was a basic experiment and from what i got from it Whites would rather not rent to blacks. Money or not some just don't want us around them. This is nothing new though.

Last edited by davon4204; 09-13-2014 at 01:50 PM..
 3 years ago '14        #1027
Boston9084 
space
space
$4,987 | Props total: 704 704
 davon4204 said:
Well it was a basic experiment and from what i got from it Whites would rather not rent to blacks.
I don't think that's the case, like someone previously said, I think it is more of a case of people seeking the cheapest housing in a very expensive market.
 3 years ago '06        #1028
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
 Boston9084 said:
I don't think that's the case, like someone previously said, I think it is more of a case of people seeking the cheapest housing in a very expensive market.

Oh well in that case black or white your gonna have to pay the cost depending on the neighborhood or area you live. If you wanna live somewhere nice it will cost more on rent. And if you wanna live somewhere cheap it is most likely gonna be ran down and in a area crime infested and so on.

Last edited by davon4204; 09-13-2014 at 01:57 PM..
 3 years ago '14        #1029
Boston9084 
space
space
 davon4204 said:
Oh well in that case black or white your gonna have to pay the cost depending on the neighborhood or area you live. If you wanna live somewhere nice it will cost more on rent. And if you wanna live somewhere cheap it is most likely gonna be ran down and in a area crime infested and so on.
I can agree with that, but I think that was the point of the "experiment". They were offering cheap rent with racist conditions. They wanted to see how many people would agree to such terms.
 3 years ago '06        #1030
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
 Boston9084 said:
I can agree with that, but I think that was the point of the "experiment". They were offering cheap rent with racist conditions. They wanted to see how many people would agree to such terms.

That ain't kool though. Here these people thinking they are gonna get a cheap place and them saying "oh were just playing".
 3 years ago '14        #1031
Boston9084 
space
space
 davon4204 said:
That ain't kool though. Here these people thinking they are gonna get a cheap place and them saying "oh were just playing".

I didn't look at this from that point of view till you said that.
 3 years ago '07        #1032
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,336 | Props total: 403 403
 Anahuac said:
Not all Hispanics think like that.

My family is well aware of who the real devils are.

[pic - click to view]

I beg to differ. I know a few who are far from brainwashed but the majority
 09-13-2014, 05:00 PM         #1033
mastakillah21  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kitsch said:
 09-13-2014, 05:01 PM         #1034
mastakillah21  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lb99 said:
an UNJUST law is No law at all. its judicial code. just cuz somebody tells us we can't do something doesn't mean we shouldn't. but i am a victim. stop acting like a perp/oppressor
and which laws are unjust exactly?
 3 years ago '06        #1035
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,047 | Props total: 18808 18808

[pic - click to view]

In Connecticut, African Americans are twice as likely to have their cars searched for contraband than white drivers during a police stop, even though the majority of contraband found in traffic stops were found in cars belonging to white drivers, a study conducted by Central Connecticut State University found.

The study looked at more than 360,000 traffic stops over an eight-month period in Connecticut, an found that while African Americans make up less than 8 percent of the state’s population, they make up 14 percent of traffic stops. Across the state, African-American drivers have their cars searched for contraband a little over twice as often as white drivers, but 77 percent of contraband found during traffic stops was found in cars driven by white drivers.

Since the study began, nine police departments have been investigated over complaints of racial profiling. For five of the investigated departments, the percentage of stopped drivers who were African American was twice their driving populations in those communities. Only one of the investigated departments, the Farmington Police Department, searched a higher percentage of cars driven by white drivers for contraband than those driven by African Americans. In the other eight, African American drivers had their cars searched for contraband between 1.5 and three times more than white drivers. In all nine of the towns, the majority of contraband found in searched cars belonged to white drivers. Two police departments, the East Windsor and Farmington departments, found contraband in none of the stopped cars driven by African Americans.

While these nine police departments were the only ones to be investigated during the course of the study, other communities within the state have shown even higher levels of disparity. In Plymouth, African Americans make up about 0.92 percent of the driving population but 4.95 percent of traffic stops, a rate over five times their percentage of the driving population. In the town of Union, African American drivers are stopped at a rate of over 30 times their share of the driving population.

Connecticut is obviously not alone when it comes to these levels of disparity in traffic stops. A study from early this year found that almost 10 percent of traffic stops in its neighbor, Rhode Island, involve African-Americans, while they only make up about 7.5 percent of the population. In 2013, a North Carolina-based study found that African American drivers made up 30 percent of traffic stops, despite making up only 21 percent of the population and that African American drivers were 77 percent more likely to be searched than white drivers.

Studies in both Minnesota and Illinois have found that African Americans are more likely to be pulled over than white drivers but that contraband was more likely to be found in cars driven by white people. The Minnesota stud found that if the rates drivers were pulled over matched the population, 22,500 more white drivers and 18,800 fewer African American drivers in the state would be pulled over that year.

The study in Connecticut, which was conducted by Central Connecticut State University’s Institute for Municipal and Regional Policy, looked at data from 168 Connecticut communities and 102 different police agencies. The institute is still gathering a year’s worth of data and will release its complete findings early in 2015. So far, the study has looked at 366,060 separate stops.

Of all the communities that the study looked at, only 13 did not stop African Americans at a rate higher than their percentage in the state’s driving population. Only three of these communities used municipal police departments; the other ten used either residential state troopers or the state police.

The study isn’t perfect; there is still four months of data left to be collected and analyzed, and there are concerns that certain departments are not reporting all their traffic stops. For example, Redding’s population is less than 7,000 and has made about 1,800 traffic stops, while Stamford, with a population of about 86,000, has reported less than 650, showing that there are some large reporting discrepancies. However, despite these issues, the margin of error across the study was a relatively low 3.73 percent.
 3 years ago '13        #1036
bLazenLow 62 heat pts62
space
space
$2,489 | Props total: 202 202
im from here, & had my car searched recently & im
[spoiler - click to view]

3 years ago '06        #1037
elmonto 
space
space
$5,413 | Props total: 2 2
Connecticut aint the only place...
 3 years ago '10        #1038
Beach Bum 51 heat pts51
space
space
$5,909 | Props total: 33 33
Brooklyn residents Ashley Parker, 30 and Amanda James, 23 are facing charges of robbery and unlawful imprisonment after they reportedly robbed, then forced three Black tenants out of their apartment building at gunpoint just because they were ‘tired of black people moving into the area,’ according to a police report states the New York Daily News.

The White duo reportedly knocked on the door of the three Black apartment dwellers in question, whose names have not yet been released. The residents, two men ages 34 and 37 and a woman age 25, were allegedly ordered by Parker and James at gunpoint to vacate their apartment or face death.

Parker and James then reportedly stole $800 in cash, an iPhone and personal information from the victims, who feared for their lives and fled from the apartment. According to an unnamed police official who spoke to the Daily News, after the residents left, both Parker and James then took over the residence and became squatters.

According to the law enforcement source, Parker and James zeroed in on the three Black tenants possibly because of their race, class and the fact that their neighborhood has had an influx of Black people and the pair disliked this immensely.

Parker and James were arrested while in the apartment they allegedly took over and a handgun was also uncovered by police investigators during the process.
 3 years ago '06        #1039
raw51188 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,606 | Props total: 1 1
Statistics are flawed. For arguments sake, lets presume blacks make up the other 23 % of found contraband, and whites make up 92% of the population. That'd mean that 92% makes up 77% of found contraband, and 8% makes up 23%.

Now lets take a second look at this. There might be a reason blacks are pulled over more often. Maybe for good reason.

Statistically, a black person is much more likely in this scenario to posses contraband than a white person.

For the record, I'm black and I think whites are scared of blacks and it makes them prejudiced.

Last edited by raw51188; 09-15-2014 at 03:47 PM..
 3 years ago '11        #1040
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,390 | Props total: 3859 3859
Pics or it didnt happen
Home         

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
54 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
114 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
48 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
70 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
28 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
11 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
81 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy