News + Discussions relating to race (no racism)

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
165 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
21 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 3 years ago '11        #801
acclaimedknives 63 heat pts63
space
space
$9,402 | Props total: 1022 1022
 Dezine said:
i don't see anything wrong with what they said, fu*k this black kid, you mess around you get shot up.

wouldn't make a difference to me if he was white. now get your panties out of a bunch and stop complaining like little hoes about every aspect of life
ummmm how did he "mess around" exactly?
 3 years ago '04        #802
BeatTycoon 268 heat pts268
space
space
$4,151 | Props total: 4 4
"Tall, black, and bald? We got him. Case closed." Meanwhile the real guy is somewhere smoking on kush and counting those ends. Useless fu*king pigs can't get sh*t right.
 08-28-2014, 07:43 AM         #803
igotJUIC3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im glad it wasnt CB34...that nicca ignant...they would of shot him
 3 years ago '13        #804
wallace45 23 heat pts23
space
space
$10,164 | Props total: 1592 1592
minnesota population is 4% black lol i couldn't imagine seeing 4 black ppl out of every 100 ppl

Relying on FBI statistics from 2011, the progressive think tank found that black Minnesotans are 6.4 times more likely to be arrested for marijuana possession than whites. That figure is twice the national average and mostly represents men under the age of 25.

Last edited by wallace45; 08-28-2014 at 09:43 PM..
 3 years ago '07        #805
Ham Rove 3510 heat pts3510
space
space
$55,197 | Props total: 19836 19836
But what about Chicago and black on black crime, and Al Sharpton!
 3 years ago '04        #806
htown 
space
space
space
$2,752 | Props total: 759 759
These things wouldn't exist if black males would just pull up their pants
 3 years ago '04        #807
mr_underground|m 1964 heat pts1964
space
space
$22,735 | Props total: 28381 28381
He deserved to be arrested for that. If he didn't do anything wrong he wouldn't have resisted such a simple request.
 3 years ago '05        #808
Andrefrbk 1067 heat pts1067
space
space
$22,887 | Props total: 5118 5118
I mean... the fact the case was thrown out says a lot about the charges made.

Seems like a BS situation. Leave that man alone mane, seems really unnecessary.

Cops think they are above the avg citizen, fuk what powers the state and fed give you.

Seems like she got mad that he chose to dub her instead of answering to her. Which he has every right to do. Female cop was a hoe.

No professionalism on display here.

Last edited by Andrefrbk; 08-28-2014 at 10:08 PM..
 3 years ago '13        #809
RIP4SBG 128 heat pts128
space
space
$10,056 | Props total: 11113 11113
LaCienega Blvd
Proud Family

My fellow 90s babies know what I'm talkin bout
 08-30-2014, 08:41 AM         #810
DaMassacre  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The Washington Post

Wonkblog
Three quarters of whites don’t have any non-white friends
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterMore Options
Resize Text Print Article Comments
By Christopher Ingraham August 25

"All my black friends have a bunch of white friends. And all my white friends have one black friend."

That's the memorable punchline of a Chris Rock bit from 2009 on interracial friendships. And according to some recent number-crunching by Robert Jones of the Public Religion Research Institute, there's a good deal of truth to that statement.

Let's consider the average white American and the average black American, and let's say, for simplicity's sake, that each of them have 100 friends. If you were to break down their respective friend networks by race, they would look something like this.

[pic - click to view]

If you're interested in how PRRI arrived at these numbers, see the methodological note at the bottom of this post.

In a 100-friend scenario, the average white person has 91 white friends; one each of black, Latino, Asian, mixed race, and other races; and three friends of unknown race. The average black person, on the other hand, has 83 black friends, eight white friends, two Latino friends, zero Asian friends, three mixed race friends, one other race friend and four friends of unknown race.

Going back to Chris Rock's point, the average black person's friend network is eight percent white, but the average white person's network is only one percent black. To put it another way: Blacks have ten times as many black friends as white friends. But white Americans have an astonishing 91 times as many white friends as black friends.

There are a number of factors driving these numbers. Simple population counts are one of them: There are more white people than black people in the United States, so it makes sense that the average American is going to have more white friends than black friends.

Another factor is our tendency to seek out and a.ssociate with people who are similar to us in any number of ways - religiously, politically, economically and, yes, racially, too. The polite term for this phenomenon is "sorting," and it affects everything from political polarization to income inequality to the racial differences in friend networks seen above.

As PRRI's Robert Jones writes in the Atlantic, Americans' segregated social circles have influenced responses to the events in Ferguson, Mo., over the past few weeks. Polls show deep divides between blacks and whites on everything from the role of race in Ferguson to the appropriateness of responses by protestors and police.

The numbers above offer insight into why so many whites have expressed bafflement over protesters' responses to the shooting of Michael Brown. The history between many black communities and the police forces that serve them is long, complicated, often violent and characterized by an extreme imbalance of power. But as Robert Jones notes, most whites are not "socially positioned" to understand this history -- simply because they know few people who've experienced it.

To be fair, the numbers suggest there is plenty of racial self-selection in black Americans' friend networks, too. But focusing solely on black-white relations, there's a pretty big difference between having only one member of a given race in your friend network and having eight of them.

In fact, PRRI's data show that a full 75 percent of whites have "entirely white social networks without any minority presence." The same holds true for slightly less than two-thirds of black Americans.

The implication of these findings is that when we talk about race in our personal lives, we are by and large discussing it with people who look like us.

How PRRI calculated the racial breakdowns of friend networks

As part of their American Values Survey, PRRI researchers asked respondents to name up to seven people with whom they regularly discussed important matters. They then asked a battery of demographic questions about these people -- their relationships to their respondents, as well as their gender, religion and, germane for these purposes, their race. They used these numbers to derive average racial breakdowns of the friend networks of the average black, white and Hispanic survey respondent.

3 years ago '14        #811
Boston9084 
space
space
$4,987 | Props total: 704 704
So the only thing I get from this study is blacks on average have two more friends than whites...

But really who the fu*k has around 100 friends???

Also noticed that nobody seems to be fu*king with the Asians

Last edited by Boston9084; 08-30-2014 at 08:55 AM..
 3 years ago '04        #812
pocketchange 149 heat pts149
space
space
space
$12,389 | Props total: 11879 11879
First page...
 3 years ago '14        #813
Boston9084 
space
space
Repost on my post
apologies.
 3 years ago '11        #814
DoobieSnax213 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,919 | Props total: 4116 4116
I'm sorry b this has to be the stupidest infomercial I've come across
 3 years ago '14        #815
Boston9084 
space
space
 DoobieSnax213 said:
I'm sorry b this has to be the stupidest infomercial I've come across

3 years ago '05        #816
J Real 
space
space
space
$963 | Props total: 62 62
So according to this list all blacks don't have any Asian friends
 08-30-2014, 01:16 PM         #817
TheUzualSuSpect  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Coulda told y'all n*ggas this is bullsh*t from the thread title alone.

If you're social there's no way it's even possible to not have any non-white friends (unless ur racist or some sh*t). White ppl are a minority it statistically just doesn't make sense.
 3 years ago '14        #818
Boston9084 
space
space
 Anahuac said:
It's standardized at 100. Look at it as percentages.
The friends of whites equals to 99 people
The friends of blacks equals to 101 people

I mean like you said it doesn't really affect the percentages....just an observation.
 3 years ago '14        #819
Boston9084 
space
space
 Anahuac said:
Just noticed they fu*ked up
Lmao, I saw it the first time.
Recounted like 5 times

Wasn't tryna get hit with this

3 years ago '06        #820
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,036 | Props total: 18797 18797
posted this story a couple days ago and because the infographics weren't as easy to read, everyone dubbed the story "stupid"...
Home         

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
33 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
286 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
148 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
74 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
54 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
46 comments
24 hours ago