News + Discussions relating to race (no racism)

most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
109 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
59 comments
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
13 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
57 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 3 years ago '06        #601
bigkilla 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$4,583 | Props total: 5377 5377
I think dudes are trolling the sh*t out this app.. a ton of old upper middle class white neighborhoods in Brooklyn are labeled as sketchy hahaha
 3 years ago '04        #602
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$26,644 | Props total: 2651 2651
What's wrong with feeling safe?
 3 years ago '06        #603
LGK 35 heat pts35
space
space
$6,667 | Props total: 1226 1226

[pic - click to view]

08-14-2014, 10:31 AM         #604
cheenz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

After news of Brown's death broke, media-watchers carefully followed the narratives that news outlets began crafting about the teenager and the incident that claimed his life. Wary of the controversy surrounding the media's depiction of Trayvon Martin -- the Florida teen k!lled in a high-profile case that led to the acquittal of neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman -- people on Twitter wondered, "If they gunned me down, which picture would they use?" Using the hashtag #IfTheyGunnedMeDown, users posted side-by-side photos, demonstrating the power that news outlets wield in portraying victims based on images they select.

On Monday, Twitter user LordSWVP tweeted out a photo driving home another point: Media treatment of black victims is often harsher than it is of whites suspected of crimes, including murder.

WHITE SUSPECT
suspect 1

[pic - click to view]

That's how the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal chose to present the story of Amy Bishop, a former college professor who eventually pleaded guilty to k!lling three colleagues and wounding three others at a faculty meeting in 2010.

BLACK VICTIM
victim 7

[pic - click to view]

And that's the headline AL.com ran about the shooting death of a 25-year-old black man in Alabama earlier this year.

WHITE SUSPECT
suspect 2

[pic - click to view]

This is how the Staten Island Advance covered the case of Eric Bellucci, a mentally ill New York man who allegedly k!lled his parents.

BLACK VICTIM
trayvon

[pic - click to view]

Meanwhile, NBC News ran this headline during ongoing coverage of the Trayvon Martin k!lling.

WHITE SUSPECT
suspect 3

[pic - click to view]

This Fox News headline quoted friends shocked that 15-year-old Jared Michael Padgett had entered his high school heavily armed and k!lled a classmate, injured a teacher and took his own life.

BLACK VICTIM
victim 6

[pic - click to view]

But in Florida, this headline in the Ledger focused on a police account that made the death of a black 19-year-old seem somehow expected, or at least unsurprising.

WHITE SUSPECT
suspect 5

[pic - click to view]

In the wake of the mass shooting in Santa Barbara, California, earlier this year, the Whittier Daily News offered a headline showing one man's disbelief that Elliot Rodger could have committed such a crime.

BLACK VICTIM
victim 1

[pic - click to view]

Earlier this month, the New York Daily News ran this headline, carrying comments by the Ohio attorney general that appeared to defend police after k!lling a black man at a Walmart.

3 years ago '14        #605
Boston9084 
space
space
$4,987 | Props total: 704 704
sh*ts fu*ked up. Media is fu*ked up. I'm not gonna race debate, but the media needs to stop fu*king around and drop this profiling. Rip to the victims.
 08-14-2014, 10:40 AM         #606
cheenz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"When white Nevada ranchers a.ssemble and point guns at officers, law enforcement retreats.

When black Ferguson people a.ssemble unarmed, law enforcement trains their weapons on them."
 3 years ago '08        #607
YOURKINGB4EVER 13 heat pts13
space
space
$5,419 | Props total: 7999 7999
Damn thats some deep subconscious conditioning thats overlooked too often even before all the facts are out you're bombarded with a negative disposition about us without even knowing the whole story. Its fu*king pathetic!
 3 years ago '04        #608
grydlok 38 heat pts38
space
space
$8,642 | Props total: 1096 1096
That sh*t is sad. they always use the worst photo they can find.
 08-14-2014, 11:16 AM         #609
Niruggg  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hey we all the same stop these segregation tactics
 3 years ago '05        #610
DipsetSoulja 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,182 | Props total: 3094 3094
Institutionalized racism at work
 3 years ago '08        #611
stlcardinals19 32 heat pts32
space
space
$19,059 | Props total: 4840 4840
Powerful article
 08-14-2014, 01:02 PM         #612
cheenz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Anahuac said:
And then some innocent person gets executed by the police and it's, "Well, we should wait for all the facts to come out."
yup and the Facts is always the Shooters Story"

fu*king Mind boggling...
 3 years ago '13        #613
solidsnake1864 7 heat pts
space
space
$14,389 | Props total: 64 64
 King856 said:
y'all still pay attention to the media? you lost
 3 years ago '07        #614
RJ96 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,834 | Props total: 1998 1998
 Anahuac said:
And then some innocent person gets executed by the police and it's, "Well, we should wait for all the facts to come out."

thats actually a pretty good idea because when you dont wait for all the facts this:

cheenz said:

BLACK VICTIM
victim 6

[pic - click to view]

But in Florida, this headline in the Ledger focused on a police account that made the death of a black 19-year-old seem somehow expected, or at least unsurprising.

becomes gospel
 3 years ago '06        #615
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,057 | Props total: 18822 18822

[pic - click to view]

After being involved in a minor traffic incident on the highway, an Alaskan woman went on a major racist rant towards the driver of the other car.

The video shows a man getting out of his car and approaching another car with a woman already screaming unintelligibly. As he gets near, the woman releases a torrent of hate directed at him for “nearly running [her] off the road.” Things start off badly, with the woman claiming, “If I had a gun, I would shoot you!” Then she decides just k!lling the driver isn’t enough, adding that she will k!ll “your kids and your goddamn mother. I’ve got people who will do it.”

As he tries to defuse the situation, she calls the man a “f*cking Muslim” and later asks him to confirm that he is, in fact, a Muslim. He replies that he is. “Yes, ma’am. Proud.”

Apparently that wasn’t the answer she was looking for because it sends her into another hate spiral that ends in, perhaps the greatest word salad of hatred anyone has ever mustered: “You son of a n**ger-loving atheist loving bi*ch.” It’s like every racial and cultural hang up this woman has condensed into a single sentence. Oh, and she also accuses the man of blowing up buses full of school children. She seems nice.

Near the end of the video, the woman physically attacks the man, jumping out of her car and running towards him in a bout of fury. “I’m gonna goddamn k!ll you! I’m gonna goddamn k!ll you!” Then she gets back in her car declaring “I’m going to run over you,” before speeding away.

It’s absolutely nuts, but props to the guy for keeping his cool during the entire ordeal. I doubt many of us could keep our composure while being a.ssailed with threats against our families and hate speech.

3 years ago '09        #616
Chalky 303 heat pts303
space
space
$27,393 | Props total: 17562 17562
Why are white people filled with so much hate, when we live in a world where they have the most privilege

08-15-2014, 12:38 PM         #617
Old Man Quillis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Those people who claimed racism didn't exist anymore are silent as hell these days.
 3 years ago '04        #618
EscoNore 67 heat pts67
space
space
$11,446 | Props total: 172 172

[video - click to view]

in case ya'll don't wanna click on the link...and I found this video on the sidebar

[video - click to view]

3 years ago '09        #619
K0ntrast 63 heat pts63
space
space
$29,689 | Props total: 13210 13210
 Chalky said:
Why are white people filled with so much hate, when we live in a world where they have the most privilege

3 years ago '14        #620
Boston9084 
space
space
$4,987 | Props total: 704 704
 Old Man Quillis said:
Those people who claimed racism didn't exist anymore are silent as hell these days.
Its definitely alive and well in individuals, my point was only that whole races shouldn't be classified as anything based on the actions of some people who just happen to be a certain race
Home         

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
39 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
14 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
99 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
118 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
162 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
228 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
67 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
49 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy