News + Discussions relating to race (no racism)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
52 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
69 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
126 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
114 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #41
DominicanLou 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,383 | Props total: 4662 4662
 Ms_Krizzi_86 said:

Further more, there is a difference in "acting" like said "race" and adapting to the environment of that "race" because you grew up around them, certain races in your family etc.

People will say you can't "act a race" when that is false using empirical evidence. A person who grew up in a all black neighborhood will ADAPT to the decorum of those people, basically being molded by enculturation. Then you have those who "act" a certain "race" to be funny, to imitate, to want to be like said people etc.

Either way, being Americanized (including Negroes, Latino's etc) you will more than likely ADOPT the Caucasians constructs because they built this false reality (system) and you follow the rules. Even though you must have a construct for practical use it is still a "act" you put on. This includes yet not limited to speaking proper English professionally, refrain from naming your child a cultural /different name to be more acceptable & appealing (i.e in order to get a job), WANTING to gain a certain economical status and do things to identify with those who created the system and so on.

Also, we are not all "ONE human race" this is another ignorant statement as the prejudice and racist actions show otherwise. People riding on "Kumbaya" pretenses....stop it.

I'm feeling you BUT I still disagree. I don't believe, fundamentally, in "acting black". I acknowledge it exists, but only because we all agree that it does. In which case, perception = reality. Genetically, I don't believe blacks act/talk a certain way. As far as your example about a person growing up in an all black neighborhood...I believe they're more likely to adapt to decorum of the people..like you said, but adapting to the culture of that neighborhood rather skin color. If there really was such a thing as "acting black" in the true sense then we're saying a black Brazilian will act the same as a black German as Black American as a Black Haitian?

How are we defining "acting black"? In my hood acting black meant knowing how to hoop, hating math, being a weak swimmer, loving Tupac, speaking slang, and not really giving a fu*k about education. There's more to the list but you get the point. So you're telling me black people really are predisposed to loving fried chicken and talking loud and walking with a limp? Or are we really talking about the fabrication of Black American culture and how we're told that if we don't "act" a certain way we lose our blackness.

Maybe I'm taking "acting black" too literal.

Question: supposed blacks were never enslaved and we had a history that mirrored, for example, the Chinese. What would "acting black" look like????
 5 years ago '08        #42
knAwle3ge 73 heat pts73
space
space
$6,245 | Props total: 385 385
Theres acting black and there is a thing called acting American..
 02-16-2013, 10:06 AM         #43
A6249CF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Eminence Grise said:
You're giving white people too much credit. I'm sure whites and other races have better things to be doing than to monitor the every move of the black community in an attempt to keep them down. Besides, even if that were their intention, they wouldn't have to do anything because you can most certainly guarantee that the black community will do everything in their power to bring themselves down. The black community seems to get more satisfaction out of feeling like a victim (feeling inferior) than they do out of accomplishing what they claim to want....just as you've been doing this entire thread.

With your mentality (and that of most blacks), if you had an opportunity to reach out and grab a million dollars cash with a guaranteed $250k annually for life, you wouldn't take it because that victim mentality you have wouldn't allow you to. You'd turn it down because you know that you'd no longer be able to use the white man as crutch for your problems and play the victim. And playing the victim is more important than doing well economically in the black community. I don't understand it but that's the way it is. You hold each other back everyday to prove it.
so we gonna act like this post didnt happen. Didn't read

mR ReZiW said:

I'll stop posting in KC if you can upload a pic of yourself with a sign saying eminence grise that clearly shows you're black in the next 10mins
fu*k outta here
 02-16-2013, 10:13 AM         #44
A6249CF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Stillhyphy said:

Oh really? Im most definitely questioning whether you are really black or not. that right there..if youre black and you sound white, black people look at you different, ESPECIALLY in the hood. youre gonna be a target or the butt of every joke untill you prove yourself.

It's 2013, people still judge a black man sounding white or a white girl sounding black. Look at V-nasty. she's straight from the hood, my area, she talks just like one of us..but EVERYbody who doesn't know her or know about her are quick to judge her just because of that. And it will never change, maybe in another 20 years
how old are you? like 15-18?

I'm looking at this from an adult perspective.
 02-16-2013, 10:23 AM         #45
A6249CF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DominicanLou said:
I'm feeling you BUT I still disagree. I don't believe, fundamentally, in "acting black". I acknowledge it exists, but only because we all agree that it does. In which case, perception = reality. Genetically, I don't believe blacks act/talk a certain way. As far as your example about a person growing up in an all black neighborhood...I believe they're more likely to adapt to decorum of the people..like you said, but adapting to the culture of that neighborhood rather skin color. If there really was such a thing as "acting black" in the true sense then we're saying a black Brazilian will act the same as a black German as Black American as a Black Haitian?

How are we defining "acting black"? In my hood acting black meant knowing how to hoop, hating math, being a weak swimmer, loving Tupac, speaking slang, and not really giving a fu*k about education. There's more to the list but you get the point. So you're telling me black people really are predisposed to loving fried chicken and talking loud and walking with a limp? Or are we really talking about the fabrication of Black American culture and how we're told that if we don't "act" a certain way we lose our blackness.

Question: supposed blacks were never enslaved and we had a history that mirrored, for example, the Chinese. What would "acting black" look like????
 Ms_Krizzi_86 said:

Further more, there is a difference in "acting" like said "race" and adapting to the environment of that "race" because you grew up around them, certain races in your family etc.

People will say you can't "act a race" when that is false using empirical evidence. A person who grew up in a all black neighborhood will ADAPT to the decorum of those people, basically being molded by enculturation. Then you have those who "act" a certain "race" to be funny, to imitate, to want to be like said people etc.

Either way, being Americanized (including Negroes, Latino's etc) you will more than likely ADOPT the Caucasians constructs because they built this false reality (system) and you follow the rules. Even though you must have a construct for practical use it is still a "act" you put on. This includes yet not limited to speaking proper English professionally, refrain from naming your child a cultural /different name to be more acceptable & appealing (i.e in order to get a job), WANTING to gain a certain economical status and do things to identify with those who created the system and so on.

Also, we are not all "ONE human race" this is another ignorant statement as the prejudice and racist actions show otherwise. People riding on "Kumbaya" pretenses....stop it.
you both raise good points, krizzi did go wayyyy left field though.

To summaries, I wasn't referring to people "acting black". More to the vocal tone, the bass that black people have in their voice.

In relation to "acting black", that's a myth, would just mean to say you're sterotyping your own people.

"acting black" is another term of endearment created by le craquers, just like n*gga, afrocentric, militant black man, chip on your shoulder
 02-16-2013, 11:57 AM         #46
A6249CF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Eminence Grise said:
Translation = You read every single word of it and have no rebuttal because that post hit home and stripped away your entire argument.
lol, guys just straight ignoring the post, typical scrawny neck kid pretending to be black online

lol at your lil rant that started off with "I'm black"

k!ll yourself
 02-16-2013, 12:07 PM         #47
A6249CF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Scouser said:
Imagine this - there are actually other black people that disagree with you?

oh hell nah - must be a nerdy white boy pretending to black online, no black person could not ever share my same way of thinking

I told him I'll go in exhile if he can prove hes black how many hours ago? hes chosen to ignore the post because he cant.

its not that difficult would take 3 mins, facts is facts.

you pretended you was black too and got caught out. Dont get much sadder than that

minister too
 02-16-2013, 12:13 PM         #48
A6249CF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Scouser said:
i pretended to black? interesting....
and what would be motives for doing that?
You tell me, yes you did... do I have to find the thread

you guys pretend to be black to create an illusion that you have a valid opinion on race relations.

White people pretending to be black on hip hop forums has always been an undertone
 02-16-2013, 12:19 PM         #49
A6249CF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Eminence Grise said:
Exactly. This guy's feeble mind just can't fathom the thought of another black person NOT being some weak-minded racist who insists on keeping themselves in mental chains. I'd think this guy were trolling if it weren't for the fact that I know black people like that in real life.

LOL @ prove that I'm black. Sure, you duck a.ss n*gga.
what does this prove I could post a link yo a facebook profile too

racist? who? me? i loled
 02-16-2013, 12:32 PM         #50
A6249CF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Eminence Grise said:
My point exactly. LOL. This n*gga sees my FB profile that has my face picture which clearly shows that I'm black and denies that's even my profile. Your mind is so clouded by hate and stupidity its a shame.
so me posting this link

proves this is me?

02-16-2013, 12:36 PM         #51
A6249CF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Scouser said:
OH God Yes....please find the thread - please find a thread where i say i am white

anyways, so going by your logic, if i pretend to be black - that would make my opinion more valid on a black forum?

see this is the problem - you are letting being black - blind you - and hold you back or in a box without windows.
knowledge isnt - black or white - knowledge is 'anyone' who makes a valid point
should i ignore a woman, a teenager, an hasidic jew, etc - who makes sense and dropss knowledge?

according to your logic - i should say - your a woman - you dont know sh*t about a 'man's world'
no, but a woman cant tell you how it feels to be a man and what it feels like to have a d!ck can she?
 5 years ago '12        #52
Stillhyphy 39 heat pts39
space
space
$9,581 | Props total: 5653 5653
 DominicanLou said:

You did get real deep into it, but to answer that last question for chinese...i've seen it too many times. "acting black" for a chinese kid would be wearing braids, baggy clothes, saying n*gga and the way he talks. But like I said in my other post, it depends on where you're from. If a asian kid like that from my area was acting like that i'd a.ssume its just him being him. the hoods out here are diverse as hell so you have all races acting like that, but a chinese kid from the suburbs acting like that is something different

mR ReZiW said:
how old are you? like 15-18?

I'm looking at this from an adult perspective.
Im 21 and you can look at it from ANY perspective you want and it's still the same. You said blacks won't care, wrong
 02-16-2013, 12:58 PM         #53
A6249CF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Stillhyphy said:
Im 21 and you can look at it from ANY perspective you want and it's still the same. You said blacks won't care, wrong
You still young b, a 21yr old me would have agreed with you

as for eminience grise this guys a fraud, posting a random persons facebook , acting like thats conclusive evidence
 02-16-2013, 01:22 PM         #54
A6249CF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Scouser said:
and your facebook is conclusive evidence?
and if your over 21 like me - who the hell cares about facebook anyways
most pro black n1ggaz with an (fbi) - i mean facebook acct.
thats cool - when the revolution go down - they will have all the info
thats my point, the facebook is not me
 5 years ago '10        #55
amnbangout 
space
space
space
$377 | Props total: 2 2
mR Reziw is upset he came out albino.
 5 years ago '10        #56
JaYYo 28 heat pts28
space
space
$8,027 | Props total: 563 563
 Ms_Krizzi_86 said:

I did not say we are all ONE HUMAN RACE in the sense of how you are thinking ........we are talking about at our CORE......our consciousness......your superficial thinking blinds u to see differences like genetics......look at a fetus of ANY living being or species at the beginning........exactly.......also at our core we are all the same and that consciousness unites us all.....those stating otherwise and blatantly ignoring that or going against it have obvious negative intentions.
 5 years ago '10        #57
JaYYo 28 heat pts28
space
space
$8,027 | Props total: 563 563
 Stillhyphy said:
You did get real deep into it, but to answer that last question for chinese...i've seen it too many times. "acting black" for a chinese kid would be wearing braids, baggy clothes, saying n*gga and the way he talks. But like I said in my other post, it depends on where you're from. If a asian kid like that from my area was acting like that i'd a.ssume its just him being him. the hoods out here are diverse as hell so you have all races acting like that, but a chinese kid from the suburbs acting like that is something different

Exactly.

I was stating it in the way of acting black or white or whatever to make it simple to understand or relate to it how did you want me to say it lmao
People knew what I meant but liars will always try to nitpick and manipulate sh*t but hey.....u just embarrassing yourself when dealing with somebody like me and my type of awareness
 5 years ago '09        #58
MS KRISSI lpe33 30 heat pts30
space
space
space
$12,020 | Props total: 7803 7803
 DominicanLou said:

yeah, you are kind of going off the end with it.

You heard what you said at the beginning? okay stop right there...like you said it comes down to subjective perception. you only adopt to what you see, what you like and you only adapt to enculturation.

acting black or white is not a myth is it based on the decorum of said people. it's just empirically speaking. it's not just "acting black" it is shaping yourself around a certain people's decorum no matter the "race" we are talking about.

how does acting start? look at actors? let's take a look at the movie 'white chicks' they are "acting white" for the sake of comedy? yes? the same as a movie can cast a white guy to talk black for comedic purposes. this is what we call mocking, imitating someone. this is why youtube are full of parodies. a "race" is seemingly real by creating constructs surrounding that idea. it is right in front of our eyes.

about the chinese thing you lost me on that one because to "act" a certain race it is going by perception and adapting to or in some cases adopting to what you see, in what appeals to the eyes. look at what paul mooney said "everybody want to be a nihgga but nobody don't want to be a nihgga"
 5 years ago '04        #59
kidd247 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,156 | Props total: 1692 1692
Intelligence and Stupidity have no color.. I hate when people try to put a color on someone's voice. I'm black and talk/spell/pronounce my sh*t correctly no matter who I'm around. But I always get people whether black, white or whatever else; tell me I don't sound black or I talk white. So I ask them "because I speak correctly I'm not my skin color?" "are whites the only race that can speak correctly?" "blacks can't be intelligent?" by that time they're already waving the white flag or back pedaling out of the convo
 5 years ago '09        #60
MS KRISSI lpe33 30 heat pts30
space
space
space
$12,020 | Props total: 7803 7803
 kidd247 said:
Intelligence and Stupidity have no color.. I hate when people try to put a color on someone's voice. I'm black and talk/spell/pronounce my sh*t correctly no matter who I'm around. But I always get people whether black, white or whatever else; tell me I don't sound black or I talk white. So I ask them "because I speak correctly I'm not my skin color?" "are whites the only race that can speak correctly?" "blacks can't be intelligent?" by that time they're already waving the white flag or back pedaling out of the convo
you are correct intelligence and stupidity have no color. however, i think people are failing to understand the reason why this happens; the point is people pick up on the decorum of people they are around, they see etc...it's kind of a reaction from the perception a person takes in. you either adopt or adapt to it which are two different things. it's not stupid for people to say that, the reason why it's this way is because we are viewed on our decorum alone thus the reason why stereotypes are born. some even live of to the stereotypes already presented which makes it worse. it's a observation and has a label of "acting like such and such" which was created by our very own subjection. it's a reflection of our very own reality.
Home         

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
71 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
vida guerra
83 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
54 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
84 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
88 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
83 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
34 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy