News + Discussions relating to race (no racism)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
24 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
173 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
87 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-08-2013, 09:24 PM         #221
dOwnByLaw310  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Infamous B said:
when one goes to a black college to prepare themselves for an integrated society. when you recognize your entertainment not simply as entertainment, but "black" entertainment...in other words, seperate from white, asian or latino entertainment...you're creating distance. when you go to your "black planet"....

some of you are trying to make me out to be the villain, but i'm sincere in my efforts to bring awareness. the bosses of some of these companies and networks may be white, and really it proves my point even further. Because if I were to take a survey, I doubt any blacks would say they want to segregate themselves, but these measures have been taken to subtly quarantine blacks, and to make it almost fashionable for them to feel different than everybody else. the boss is white, sure. but the consumer is who supports the business.

segregate is a loaded word, and maybe some of you who have posted previously had images of slavery come to mind when you read this, but that's not where i'm going at all. all i mean is that black culture has become notably distinctive, and to a degree, seperate.

dont mean to rub anyone the wrong way.
 04-08-2013, 09:37 PM         #222
Infamous B  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dOwnByLaw310 said:
explain
 04-08-2013, 09:40 PM         #223
Infamous B  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dOwnByLaw310 said:
Who owns and are in the leadership positions in those organizations OP?! You gotta be fu*kin kiddin me There HAS to be and WILL be a destruction and rebuilding of MY nation through righteousness and the spirit of the Most High but America was built on the blood, sweat and tears of so called blacks...Without havin power and authority in no societal realm, who's REALLY doin the segregating?! And if they were, would you blame em after the treacherous hate that so called blacks haved experienced in this nation from the inception up til today? And tommorrow?
who is REALLY doin the segregating? the one who CHOOSES to view him/herself as other than "the rest"

which is fine.

and taking into context the treacherous hate you speak of, which blacks have experienced in the past, and still do, I don't blame yall one bit.

just trying to put it on the table for discussion.
 04-08-2013, 09:41 PM         #224
dOwnByLaw310  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Infamous B said:
explain
Explain?! All I can say to you is objectively study the Holy Bible, history and economics-thats it buddy
 04-08-2013, 09:42 PM         #225
dOwnByLaw310  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Infamous B said:
who is REALLY doin the segregating? the one who CHOOSES to view him/herself as other than "the rest"

which is fine.

and taking into context the treacherous hate you speak of, which blacks have experienced in the past, and still do, I don't blame yall one bit.

just trying to put it on the table for discussion.
Do you have any concept of POWER and AUTHORITY?
 04-08-2013, 09:53 PM         #226
Infamous B  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dOwnByLaw310 said:
Do you have any concept of POWER and AUTHORITY?
sure, people gain power and authority when others give it away.
 04-08-2013, 09:54 PM         #227
Infamous B  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dOwnByLaw310 said:
Explain?! All I can say to you is objectively study the Holy Bible, history and economics-thats it buddy
ah...well said...but I'm talking about NOW. which is all there is. history, as horrific as it may have been, is a memory.

weak arguments rely on smilies.

just sayin...
 04-08-2013, 09:56 PM         #228
dOwnByLaw310  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Infamous B said:
I'm talking about NOW. which is all there is. history, as horrific as it may have been, is a memory.

weak arguments rely on smilies.

just sayin...
You can't be this fu*kin dumb History is created EVERY DAMN DAY nerd-I'm done talkin to you chump
 04-08-2013, 10:08 PM         #229
Infamous B  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dOwnByLaw310 said:
You can't be this fu*kin dumb History is created EVERY DAMN DAY nerd-I'm done talkin to you chump
not to get too spiritual on you...

but you are correct, history is made EVERY day. and in terms of NOW, it is only a memory. but when history WAS now, that's all there was. it's one continuous flowing eternal NOW. can you hear the past? or smell it, or see it? there is only now.

you know, even though your debating skills are substantially inadequate, i do respect your opinion. and wish you well. peace.
 04-08-2013, 10:55 PM         #230
OnlyOriginality  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm all for segregation of our community, but not out of hate or spite - to operate from that mindset would be detrimental from the get go. We need to segregate in the same way a team goes into a huddle to strategize to defeat the opposing team. A lot of replies I seen in this thread, imo, shows a conditioned mindset at the same time it expresses our humanity, one was subtle but thoroughly pressed upon us and the latter, our humanity, has always been with us and is the reason why we opt for peace instead of war with other peoples.

If we are to regain some power as people and some self-determination we need to come together, for each other, after this we can all come together as humanity, until then I opt for segregation.
 04-08-2013, 11:05 PM         #231
Infamous B  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 OnlyOriginality said:
I'm all for segregation of our community, but not out of hate or spite - to operate from that mindset would be detrimental from the get go. We need to segregate in the same way a team goes into a huddle to strategize to defeat the opposing team. A lot of replies I seen in this thread, imo, shows a conditioned mindset at the same time it expresses our humanity, one was subtle but thoroughly pressed upon us and the latter, our humanity, has always been with us and is the reason why we opt for peace instead of war with other peoples.

If we are to regain some power as people and some self-determination we need to come together, for each other, after this we can all come together as humanity, until then I opt for segregation.
interesting view...

if someone is half black, and half white, do you consider him in your "huddle", so to speak? or is he simply one of the others? where is your logic founded?

do you believe a more inclusive strategy could lead to greater power, from numbers if nothing else?

Last edited by Infamous B; 04-08-2013 at 11:17 PM..
 04-08-2013, 11:09 PM         #232
OnlyOriginality  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Mods need to stop merging every race related thread with this, just because some threads are generally related to race doesn't mean it belongs in this thread.
 04-08-2013, 11:33 PM         #233
OnlyOriginality  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Infamous B said:
interesting view...

if someone is half black, and half white, do you consider him in your "huddle", so to speak? or is he simply one of the others? where is your logic founded?

in my studies, the leaders who have been dominant and had longevity are the ones who have brought other people on their team to spread appeal and influence. strength in numbers.
That's their decision, most mixed people I know identify moreso with black people, some don't but like I said that's their decision.

And you ask how did I come to this conclusion..think about this. Let's say all of humanity is represented by a family, the family is trying to come together as a peaceful, coexisting group yet one member of the family, we'll call him B.P. (representing us, black people) is mentally unstable, this member cuts themselves, acts out in public, and does a whole lot other crazy sh*t. The sibling (white people) that caused this (we'll call him W.P.) by continually raping and dehumanizing B.P. is also made to look after him, they share the same room, but because B.P.'s psychological instability, W.P. is put in charge and designates rules for B.P. to abide by, yet B.P. thinks he is self-determining and self-defining (because of his mental instability) when in reality he is dependent upon the same sibling that cause the mental detriment.

How can a happy family exist in this situation? How can B.P. fix the psychological state that plagues him? Certainly co-existing with the same person who cause this situation is a detriment, so solitude is necessary, meditation would be the proper solution to sort out and regain their humanity (in this situation of course). When you meditate you relax, you listen to the voice of conscience, logic and reason, by doing so everything becomes clear and a plan of action can be devised, not to enact vengeance, but to enact liberation.

The only way we can come together is if we first destroy the parasitic relation going on within the human family, until then, well all the bullsh*t will continue and we will never come together in the truest sense.
 04-08-2013, 11:51 PM         #234
Infamous B  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 OnlyOriginality said:
That's their decision, most mixed people I know identify moreso with black people, some don't but like I said that's their decision.

And you ask how did I come to this conclusion..think about this. Let's say all of humanity is represented by a family, the family is trying to come together as a peaceful, coexisting group yet one member of the family, we'll call him B.P. (representing us, black people) is mentally unstable, this member cuts themselves, acts out in public, and does a whole lot other crazy sh*t. The sibling (white people) that caused this (we'll call him W.P.) by continually raping and dehumanizing B.P. is also made to look after him, they share the same room, but because B.P.'s psychological instability, W.P. is put in charge and designates rules for B.P. to abide by, yet B.P. thinks he is self-determining and self-defining (because of his mental instability) when in reality he is dependent upon the same sibling that cause the mental detriment.

How can a happy family exist in this situation? How can B.P. fix the psychological state that plagues him? Certainly co-existing with the same person who cause this situation is a detriment, so solitude is necessary, meditation would be the proper solution to sort out and regain their humanity (in this situation of course). When you meditate you relax, you listen to the voice of conscience, logic and reason, by doing so everything becomes clear and a plan of action can be devised, not to enact vengeance, but to enact liberation.

The only way we can come together is if we first destroy the parasitic relation going on within the human family, until then, well all the bullsh*t will continue and we will never come together in the truest sense.
first off, i give you tremendous respect for giving an objective, level headed response.

and i do understand that white people have been historically evil, and have done things that no person or group of people could ever justify doing. and still do.

but what is the past? if we examine it, what is it really, in the context of now? It is a memory. To allow yourself to be controlled by a memory, is to enslave yourself. You have presented several reasonable excuses, but can one empower himself based on an explanation of what has happened earlier, but no longer exists?

in certain respects, i agree with you. but empowerment requires a sort of blissful ignorance. one that can't be achieved through blame and exclusion.

Last edited by Infamous B; 04-08-2013 at 11:57 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #235
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 195 195
I think the fact that so many things are still segregated speaks about the history of the country. Look at historically black colleges for example. Those schools were made during times when African Americans were denied educations elsewhere simply because of their skin color. Today, those schools are open to all but let them be a constant reminder of the mental sickness that this country came from and is still suffering from.

I feel like the businesses that can be pointed out for 'segregating' are few and far between. People dont have to stay within their cultural zones anymore since racial and cultural tensions are subsiding.

I do feel like the entertainment industry is backwards when it comes to this issue though. When I go to Walmart, I have to look at a section labeled African American movies to find interesting movies starring African American actors. I won't find many mainstream movies with African American, Latino, or Asian characters as the main stars. Sure, there are a handful or minority actors who get thrown into damn near every movie but are we really seeing the full potential of diveristy? Companies will give the excuse that they can't profit from casting minorities in major roles. Why won't minority characters sell in movies, games, comics, shows, etc? After all, we have a black president. African Americans, Latinos, and Asians have a considerable amount of buying power. Many minorities work in those industries. What's the problem?

Last edited by Playa; 04-09-2013 at 12:02 AM..
 04-09-2013, 12:13 AM         #236
Infamous B  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nyuzi said:
I think the fact that so many things are still segregated speaks about the history of the country. Look at historically black colleges for example. Those schools were made during times when African Americans were denied educations elsewhere simply because of their skin color. Today, those schools are open to all but let them be a constant reminder of the mental sickness that this country came from and is still suffering from.
The fact that so many things are still segregated speaks about the current state of the country. Why be a prisoner of history?

Jews went through the holocaust, now they're running hollywood. Why look back?

yeah whites fu*ked the game up, no argument there. what's stopping you from moving on, besides yourself?
 04-09-2013, 12:18 AM         #237
A6249CF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Infamous B said:
I created this thread because the last thing I want to see is segregation. Awareness breeds progress. Honestly you sound like the troll here.
the comment was directed at emenice grise or whatever his name is
 5 years ago '12        #238
Stillhyphy 39 heat pts39
space
space
$9,579 | Props total: 5634 5634
I wouldn't even count those 3 examples as segregation to be honest. those are 3 different different things blacks use to come together...just like high schools and colleges have black student unions (and asians/hispanics/gays/whatever)..they get together as one and connect with each other. sometimes people just feel more comfortable around their own kind. I feel outta place like hell when im in a all white neighborhood
 04-09-2013, 12:46 AM         #239
OnlyOriginality  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Infamous B said:
first off, i give you tremendous respect for giving an objective, level headed response.

and i do understand that white people have been historically evil, and have done things that no person or group of people could ever justify doing. and still do.

but what is the past? if we examine it, what is it really, in the context of now? It is a memory. To allow yourself to be controlled by a memory, is to enslave yourself. You have presented several reasonable excuses, but can one empower himself based on an explanation of what has happened earlier, but no longer exists?
I understand what you're saying but like you said it's still going on. The past is more than a memory because it dictates the present, it could even be argued that the past is the present. For example if the African Scientific Moors never ventured to Europe and civilized the inhabitants of that continent chattel slavery, I speculate, could never have come into existence. So because it dictates our present we must look at our past, we have to see what it is that got us into this position, we have to identify the factors that contribute to not only our self-destructive behaviors but our current enslavement and exploitation but other people's in the world.

All empowered people, self-defining, self-determining and self-sustaining people cannot be exploited and they most definitely cannot be enslaved, in any form but because we do not possess any off these traits as a collective people we are exploited and enslaved, in some form or another. Africans of the homeland are of course the most clear cut case of this, but than you have many of us in the Diaspora are under the illusion that we are not in this same predicament. Yet we own virtually no telecommunications companies so we cannot define ourselves as a collective, we do not raise our children by our own values and discipline (I'm not just talking about the hood either) so we, by large are not defining who we are, and we certainly do not hold an economic foothold or economic power in this country so economically and by most other means we are not self-sustaining.

It wasn't slavery that did this to us either, because we were definitely bouncing back from that, by leaps and unimaginable bounds, however it was integration that stopped this progress in it's tracks, and it not only stopped our progress but we began to regress. We sacrifice everything we did as a people to integrate with the people who enslaved us, not because we are weak minded but because of human nature, rather than separate from other because of our race we recognized the humanity if all others (just as we've done in our past) and accepted them as our own.

To answer your question, racism (which is only white supremacy) has not ceased to exists but has simply change form, to both blacks and whites. It's a much more subconscious phenomenon in the way it is learned and expressed, however many of us who thoroughly integrated with the system will not be able to discern it because everything looks like progress, especially if the beginning of our history is slavery. A good thing to criticize is the teaching of our history by the public school system. How much did we learn about European history vs. African or Native American history (these two histories are most pertinent to the population of all African descended people in the U.S.) now it may seem harmless in comparison to the other atrocities they've committed against us but it is detrimental to learn our history since it is the presenter of ANY and ALL people's cultures.

This is just one aspect of how racism still exists on a subtle level, politics and media are much more blatant but it is still operating under the system of white supremacy.
 04-09-2013, 01:01 AM         #240
Infamous B  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 OnlyOriginality said:
I understand what you're saying but like you said it's still going on. The past is more than a memory because it dictates the present, it could even be argued that the past is the present. For example if the African Scientific Moors never ventured to Europe and civilized the inhabitants of that continent chattel slavery, I speculate, could never have come into existence. So because it dictates our present we must look at our past, we have to see what it is that got us into this position, we have to identify the factors that contribute to not only our self-destructive behaviors but our current enslavement and exploitation but other people's in the world.

All empowered people, self-defining, self-determining and self-sustaining people cannot be exploited and they most definitely cannot be enslaved, in any form but because we do not possess any off these traits as a collective people we are exploited and enslaved, in some form or another. Africans of the homeland are of course the most clear cut case of this, but than you have many of us in the Diaspora are under the illusion that we are not in this same predicament. Yet we own virtually no telecommunications companies so we cannot define ourselves as a collective, we do not raise our children by our own values and discipline (I'm not just talking about the hood either) so we, by large are not defining who we are, and we certainly do not hold an economic foothold or economic power in this country so economically and by most other means we are not self-sustaining.

It wasn't slavery that did this to us either, because we were definitely bouncing back from that, by leaps and unimaginable bounds, however it was integration that stopped this progress in it's tracks, and it not only stopped our progress but we began to regress. We sacrifice everything we did as a people to integrate with the people who enslaved us, not because we are weak minded but because of human nature, rather than separate from other because of our race we recognized the humanity if all others (just as we've done in our past) and accepted them as our own.

To answer your question, racism (which is only white supremacy) has not ceased to exists but has simply change form, to both blacks and whites. It's a much more subconscious phenomenon in the way it is learned and expressed, however many of us who thoroughly integrated with the system will not be able to discern it because everything looks like progress, especially if the beginning of our history is slavery. A good thing to criticize is the teaching of our history by the public school system. How much did we learn about European history vs. African or Native American history (these two histories are most pertinent to the population of all African descended people in the U.S.) now it may seem harmless in comparison to the other atrocities they've committed against us but it is detrimental to learn our history since it is the presenter of ANY and ALL people's cultures.

This is just one aspect of how racism still exists on a subtle level, politics and media are much more blatant but it is still operating under the system of white supremacy.
an educated response. but it is nonetheless a reasoning of limitations based on the way things have been.

your reality starts NOW.

and the only white people i know who have identified themselves as white men/women have been ignorant bigots/racists.

the source of my arguement is essentially that, to identify one's self primarily by his or her skin color, cannot and will not lead to empowerment.
Home         

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
186 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
70 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy